Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? (25384 Views)

FG Unveils Plans To Launch A New National Identity Card With Special Features / Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications? / Isa Pantami: Nigeria To Replace National Identity Card With Digital Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Queseda: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:
Rumour has it that it is because NIMC is very busy handing out IF card to Northerners and Hausas from Niger Republic. They then use the national ID card to get voters card which will be vital for elections.

Same thing happens with passport. In the south there is never any paper and people wait for months to get passport. But in Sokoto passport is printed out in 4-5 hours.
When will you Southerners quit blaming the North for your self-inflicted problems? That one can easily obtain an international passport or driver's license in North than in the South is a nothing but a pointer to the kind of saddists and selfish individuals you have down South.
Even the kind of politicians u have in the South are the worst u can find in anywhere, come to the North and see the kinds of roads people drive on, u hardly find such good roads in the South because of the greedy nature of their politicians who would rather divert money for such projects. If u still doubt, why do u think the North generally enjoys more stable power than the South, the owners of the Discos in the North offer better services than their counterparts in the South, just because it's in the nature of an average Southerner to be greedy and self-centred. Those in Benin and environs would tell u about EEDC, those guys are the devils we pray against

4 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Champagnegold: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2019
mine is since 2013 year one till date not ready we have a complete poor system of everything in the country.
Except system of religious violence that is organiziled
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by kjsun15: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2019
correctyourself:
I wonder o, its just show how some government worker are not productive.
They are productive because they refuse to use slavery wage that they are taking home monthly to produce plastic id cards for Nigerians. Yes, they are lazy as well, hmm?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by GraciasMagisco(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2019
Please where can one apply for it in Portharcourt?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by kjsun15: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2019
correctyourself:
I wonder o, its just show how some government worker are not productive.
They are not productive because they refuse to use slavery wage that they are taking home monthly to produce plastic id cards for Nigerians. Yes, they are lazy as well, hmm?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by blizzers(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
Once had hope for my NIMC card too, but I gave all hope up and rather went in for International Passport which also took some months....

Ordinary Payoneer card I ordered from UK for more or less free, came in less than 10 days...
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by mdchikezie(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
emeijeh:

Why you come dey blur your details?
You dey fear?
Blur details, come leave phone number for siggy, forgetting that details like BVN can be gotten from your phone number.

If you know, you know.

story for the gods
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Toofan007: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:
Rumour has it that it is because NIMC is very busy handing out IF card to Northerners and Hausas from Niger Republic. They then use the national ID card to get voters card which will be vital for elections.

Same thing happens with passport. In the south there is never any paper and people wait for months to get passport. But in Sokoto passport is printed out in 4-5 hours.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by buzorcharles(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2019
So they can complete their rigging plans. If completed ppl will start asking for the data to be use for elections
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by MoIbrahim: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2019
No excuse
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by yaki84: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
I just.pity mysef, no tribal mark, no accent, nothing to take identify myself this week operation positive identity wan start.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by TGM2015: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lagosfinder:
When plastic identity card can be printed in 10mins

In one of the Dr Joe Abah tweets, he said it was one of the recommendations that the NIMC should focus more on enrolment than issuing cards.
I believe they adopted that recommendation, personally, I also hold that opinion. It more better to get a more reliable database of eligible Nigerians than rolling out ID cards. The ID Cards will have same information as the NIN slip we holds although with exception of security features.
As it is now, that slip is legally tendered and the information have now been integrated into all financial and diplomatic transactions.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by sniperr007(m): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:

As for passport.
Population as a part.
How many people in Sokoto want passport compare with rivers,Enugu, Lagos.

Person never chop say make e come do passport

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Sirwallace(m): 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
wrose:
The same here.
If u love ur sanity... japaaa!!. I don give up ontop the country's matter tete

Seconded!
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by jamace(m): 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
Shows Govt workers are bunch of unserious people. They are only looking for opportunity to steal public funds, to get chieftaincy title from their village chief.
Failed society!
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by OtemAtum: 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
emeijeh:

Why you come dey blur your details?
You dey fear?
Blur details, come leave phone number for siggy, forgetting that details like BVN can be gotten from your phone number.

If you know, you know.

How do you get BVN from a phone number that you don't have access to?

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by KingTom(m): 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
ibietela2:

My driver's license came out when it was about to expire

My international passport is pending...

Anything that will benefit Nigerians always take years but if it will benefit Politicians the more its instant example VOTER'S CARD
DL doesn't take that long, it's just two - three months after being given a temporary one. I haven't had any issues with Drivers license before. As for National ID card, na since December 2014 we dey wait so grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by oloriooko(m): 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Meanwhile the Nigerian Army is threatening to start harassing Nigerians to show their IDs when national ID cannot be produced as at when due
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Ayoefa: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
[[s]quote author=kayroc post=83746060]Rumour has it that it is because NIMC is very busy handing out IF card to Northerners and Hausas from Niger Republic. They then use the national ID card to get voters card which will be vital for elections.

Same thing happens with passport. In the south there is never any paper and people wait for months to get passport. But in Sokoto passport is printed out in 4-5 hours.[/quote][/s]

Useless, brainless and unproven conspiracy narrative. You don't even need this to get a voter's card.
Passport might be easier in Sokoto simply because there's way less demand for it there than for example in Lagos.
Some people just like to promote trash conspiracy theories that have not basis in reality or facts.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by OtemAtum: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
BalogunIdowu:

I think I have had this paper thing like year before this!
Had mine year after this
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Revolva(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
I applied myne 2015 I got myne I guess April 2019 I have even forgotten about it and thought the database where my own is have been lost

Nigeria is slow to development
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by showafrica(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
ibietela2:

My driver's license came out when it was about to expire

My international passport is pending...

Anything that will benefit Nigerians always take years but if it will benefit Politicians the more its instant example VOTER'S CARD

Lol, few politicians and cows own the country at the moment. Every other person is an intruder.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by 2Lynx(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I applied for mine since 2015, this is 2019. Four years later and was told it'll be out in January of 2020 which I still doubt. Nigeria is a useless country! grin

no ma'm Nigeria isn't useless we all are, we are the seeds that make up Nigeria.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Charly68: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
Corruption..they have been on it since the days of obasanjo and they are yet to solve the problem
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by updatedws: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
But electoral ID cards are done in matter of a few months. It goes without saying that these leaders only care about themselves
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Dechymmytv(f): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
Kanade21:

[s]
The rate at which people hammer out conspiracy theories on Niaraland...e too much.

Wow...where you there?

Last election, the PDP lost because many people refused to turn out for voting in the South, esepcially SE.

modified

PDP wins elections when they win the Middle Belt. That is how it was in 2003, 2007 and 2011[/s].
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by dallyemmy: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
IT IS NOT THEIR PRIORITY
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by dallyemmy: 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
NO NATIONAL ID-CARD NO VOTER'S CARD!
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Wjosh(m): 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
my older brothers had to wait for six years
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by govomotors: 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
I enrolled at their office in 2013 now is 2019.

I have not received mine. I believe the Nigerian National Identity card is not printed on this planet Earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ralph Uwazuruike: Cremate My Corpse After Death - MASSOB Leader / Pantami: DSS Disowns Ex-Director, Amachree's Comment / ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.