Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours (41551 Views)

I Am Determined To Fight Insecurity, Reopen Borders – Peter Obi / I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London / ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by IMAliyu(m): 11:59am On Nov 05, 2019
seunlayi:
Sincerely, the whole drama is interesting
If you can't do anything about it, you might as well enjoy the drama.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by haulagehandlers(m): 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

The answer is simple Buhari should fight the corruption of his customs officers at the borders who are the actual problem , they are the ones that charge bribes to allow people pass with contraband and Buhari should be instead focused on using what ever means he can afford to reduce corruption at the borders instead of this policy that is affecting only legit border users . As we speak the corrupt officers are still there cutting lucrative deals with smugglers to allow things pass in the early hours of the morning while the only people actually stranded are the legit exporters and importers ..look at it from this angle please , has the border not always been closed to smugglers ? Was there a time it was ever open to smugglers? No !!! The only thing that has changed now is that the border has be closed to legit users.

Strong institution, that's what we need....do something about that and voilà we no need boarder closure
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by nick50(m): 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
This is Mai-Adua border, I know the town very well, because I worked in Mai-Adua Technical college as a contractor under Gaskiya Welding and Fabrication works, so I know Mai-Adua town very well.

Mai-Adua is not too far from Daura Buhari's home town, infact people use to take bicycle from Daura to Mai-Adua, because it is not too far, some times because many of our people has not been to the core north, when we try to tell them that Nigeria is not one, they find it difficult to believe.

Look at this picture, is it possible for we the Yorubas, Igbos, to line up like this from Benin Republic, or Abijan to Nigeria? We all know that it is not possible, because the Cabal Custom will kill almost all the Okada riders.

But look at these, this is Mai-Adua a neighbouring town of Daura, Buhari's home town, in Mai-Adua's merket they spend two types of money (currency) Nigerian's currency, and Niger's currency.

But here in the Souths, we all know that something like that is never possible, because we are under the siege of our slave masters from a very long time, the unfortunate thing is that most of my Yoruba brothers and sisters don't want to be free, some because of Religion, some because of Politics, some because of the fear of the Oligashi, the strange Cabals.

If the terrorists family goverment tells you that they are closing borders, you should know that it is the borders in the Souths, the borders are, (1) Idiroko/Seme borders in Lagos state, (2) Cross Rivers State, (3) Chikanda border, Kwara State, (4) Shaki border, Oyo State, (5) Borders in Ogun State.

This are the borders they mounts presures on to make the none-terrorists poor, so that terrorists from the northern part of Nigeria can be more richer than us, and the reason for this is to take over Nigeria systematically, because they know that a poor tribe have no say in the presence of the rich tribe.

Though many of our southern leader fail to understand that if most of your people are poor, one day it will surely affect you, most of Yoruba and Igbo politicians, fail to understand that the person that use you to oppress your people today, will come for you one day, it is just a matter of time. The enemies of your tribe will come your your head, after they have use you to destroy yourself unknowingly.

I pray that God will help most Nigerians to understand my long time warnings, before it will be too late for us to act. God bless all those that are fighting for freedom in Jesus Mighty Name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Area4Area: 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
nick50:
This is Mai-Adua border, I know the town very well, because I worked in Mai-Adua Technical college as a contractor under Gaskiya Welding and Fabrication works, so I know Mai-Adua town very well.

Mai-Adua is not too far from Daura Buhari's home town, infact people use to take bicycle from Daura to Mai-Adua, because it is not too far, some times because many of our people has not been to the core north, when we try to tell them that Nigeria is not one, they find it difficult to believe.

Look at this picture, is it possible for we the Yorubas, Igbos, to line up like this from Benin Republic, or Abijan to Nigeria? We all know that it is not possible, because the Cabal Custom will kill almost all the Okada riders.

But look at these, this is Mai-Adua a neighbouring town of Daura, Buhari's home town, in Mai-Adua's merket they spend two types of money (currency) Nigerian's currency, and Niger's currency.

But here in the Souths, we all know that something like that is never possible, because we are under the siege of our slave masters from a very long time, the unfortunate thing is that most of my Yoruba brothers and sisters don't want to be free, some because of Religion, some because of Politics, some because of the fear of the Oligashi, the strange Cabals.

If the terrorists family goverment tells you that they are closing borders, you should know that it is the borders in the Souths, the borders are, (1) Idiroko/Seme borders in Lagos state, (2) Cross Rivers State, (3) Chikanda border, Kwara State, (4) Shaki border, Oyo State, (5) Borders in Ogun State.

This are the borders they mounts presures on to make the none-terrorists poor, so that terrorists from the northern part of Nigeria can be more richer than us, and the reason for this is to take over Nigeria systematically, because they know that a poor tribe have no say in the presence of the rich tribe.

Though many of our southern leader fail to understand that if most of your people are poor, one day it will surely affect you, most of Yoruba and Igbo politicians, fail to understand that the person that use you to oppress your people today, will come for you one day, it is just a matter of time. The enemies of your tribe will come your your head, after they have use you to destroy yourself unknowingly.

I pray that God will help most Nigerians to understand my long time warnings, before it will be too late for us to act. God bless all those that are fighting for freedom in Jesus Mighty Name.
Picture that has been in circulation before the border closure, give us a current picture of same place

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by BreconHills(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Why should they ? Don't you get it? Borders are not there for fancy but there for the reasons Buhari is closing the borders for . They are there to make sure only what we want get in . A Visa is a part of the border process

Bros there is no border in the world including the US that is watertight. Nigeria does not have to catch every single smuggler or illegal immigrant to have good border controls. A border serves as deterrent but it is not fool proof.

We are getting ahead of ourselves with this border obsession. What Nigeria is setting out is the terms of trade with its neigbours. It is saying look you cant allow your country to be used as a point of entry or goods to nigeria for goods originating from say Vietnam and then claim that these goods are covered by the ecowas protocol. If we are to fully participate in the Africa free trade zone, we must ensure that fraudulent transhipment is not the order of the day.

And it's working.

The presence of the Vietnamese VP and the fact that both Benin and Niger have amended their laws is noteworthy. Nigeria is low hanging fruit for any critic but we must look beyond the obvious. Criticising Nigeria is often a lazy way of analysing issues.

5 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Tosquo: 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lol!!! Go check figures of illegal migration entering US from Mexico and out of US to Canada since na only goods Dey pass border in your own reasoning, local man!! Smh !!! Give us solutions now you wey wise
anonimi:

And goods come in anyhow from Canada and Mexico as they do into Nigeria to the extent that Barawo bubu's incompetent solution was to throw away the baby with the bath water?
You too wise walahi grin

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Tosquo: 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
You get sense, so many of these niggas talking trash don’t even know the implications, they just wan Dey chop foreign rice and don’t give a Bleep about National interest and security
BreconHills:

Bros there is no border in the world including the US that is watertight. Nigeria does not have to catch every single smuggler or illegal immigrant to have good border controls. A border serves as deterrent but it is not fool proof.

We are getting ahead of ourselves with this border obsession. What Nigeria is setting out is the terms of trade with its neigbours. It is saying look you cant allow your country to be used as a point of entry or goods to nigeria for goods originating from say Vietnam and then claim that these goods are covered by the ecowas protocol. If we are to fully participate in the Africa free trade zone, we must ensure that fraudulent transhipment is not the order of the day.

And it's working.

The presence of the Vietnamese VP and the fact that both Benin and Niger have amended their laws is noteworthy. Nigeria is low hanging fruit for any critic but we must look beyond the obvious. Criticising Nigeria is often a lazy way of analysing issues.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Tosquo: 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
Leave the guy make e Dey talk trash and conspiracy theories
Area4Area:
Picture that has been in circulation before the border closure, give us a current picture of same place

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by RTSC: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
The ECOWAS countries should ignore this Nonsense .. Borders are similar to filters in reality a border is put in place to filter what come into a country and what leaves but the Buhari govt is trying to blame the filtering efficiency of it's borders on other countries which is total Balderdash !!!!! Border cost millions of dollars to maintain and they are not built for ceremonial purpose but to act as filter that filters out unwanted goods and allow what is wanted come . When your water filter is bad at home you don't go about blaming your neighbors for the dirty water coming into your home but you instead fix the filter and get it working properly
But if Nigeria sends those contrabands back without closing border, it would create the same problem.

Those countries would claim Nigeria is sending back goods that were made in west Africa, even though we all know that is a lie.

Ghana is still complaining about our prohibition list of just 40.
Isn't it better to start the regulatory process from those countries, thereby making the rules easier to enforce?

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Elamin21(m): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
nice one
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Innovate07: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
knowledgeable:

Why is it that we Nigerians are incapable of reasoning out of the box most of the time?.

I support Buhari on this one. For those of us who oppose this (strategically thought out policy implements) policy, please think deeply & think out of the box as well.

Could it be that, there are two strategic policy components to this?.

Could the first component seek to position Nigeria, for some sectors to witness increase in productivity/revenue generation and etc?.

Could the second component seek to early test the modus operandi of the newly signed Africa Free Trade Area & regional body like Ecowas engaging them to the seriousness of these treaties & how these treaties can sink some African economies while uplifting others. Thank God, that Nigeria have fired the first shot aimed at this complexities..... which I believe the outcome must be a stronger institution/regime to oversight the efficient running of these treaties to the benefit of all African economies while keeping the powerful predators guessing.

Enough said.

Thanks for your brilliant comment

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Innovate07: 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
MrAJQ:
These people ehn, you won't what they want. I stop commenting on nairaland post, because I wonder of it is Buhari that they are against or Nigeria itself.

Whether we admit it or not, there are Nigerians who are against Nigerians and they never hide it. Unfortunately for them, their evil desire for Nigeria will only descend upon their very own heads

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Kingspin(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
knowledgeable:

Why is it that we Nigerians are incapable of reasoning out of the box most of the time?.

I support Buhari on this one. For those of us who oppose this (strategically thought out policy implements) policy, please think deeply & think out of the box as well.

Could it be that, there are two strategic policy components to this?.

Could the first component seek to position Nigeria, for some sectors to witness increase in productivity/revenue generation and etc?.

Could the second component seek to early test the modus operandi of the newly signed Africa Free Trade Area & regional body like Ecowas engaging them to the seriousness of these treaties & how these treaties can sink some African economies while uplifting others. Thank God, that Nigeria have fired the first shot aimed at this complexities..... which I believe the outcome must be a stronger institution/regime to oversight the efficient running of these treaties to the benefit of all African economies while keeping the powerful predators guessing.

Enough said.
You are yet to earn any lesson about Nigeria.

This border closure will come and go and nothing will happen.

It called use and dump policy.

How can you just close border when the ease of doing things including business is higher, no will, lack of vision, no power, no incentive for manufacture, no road nothing on the table.

This govt like noise. They are a nuisance.

The country remain the same if Change come we will know

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Okoroawusa: 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
9jaBloke:
The question should be; Are the borders actually closed?
Please go check for us

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Okoroawusa: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
nick50:

Oga... this picture don tey nah!
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Okoroawusa: 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Mitchew
And how much were dey selling rice b4 and now. Dey there dey speak rubbish confidently
You missed the point of what he is saying
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by anonimi: 4:12am On Nov 06, 2019
Tosquo:
Lol!!! Go check figures of illegal migration entering US from Mexico and out of US to Canada since na only goods Dey pass border in your own reasoning, local man!! Smh !!! Give us solutions now you wey wise.

Illegal migrants that are of the same magnitude as what we have in Nigeria?
Continue.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Aderr: 5:09am On Nov 06, 2019
semyman:

Some will ever be biased, goods destined for for Nigeria and Nigerians shipped into other countries, ferried across unmanned illegal routes and people even like what you wrote here?
Don't mind them. The sarkin guy wrote absolute rubbish. Since the borders were closed, imagine how many tons of local rice which would have rotted away, that Nigerians have consumed instead of imported rice.And chicken too. How are we ever going to develop our agric sector if we keep importing stuff we can produce here?
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Clonus: 6:34am On Nov 06, 2019
[quote author=grandstar post=83748635]All these nah story.

The simple answers to the smuggling problem is to reduce import tariffs on rice and other goods to realistic levels. If import duties on these goods were not more than 20%, I'm sure the illegal re-export to Nigeria would cease.

And kill local production of rice and increase unemployment abi.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Area4Area: 7:04am On Nov 06, 2019
[quote author=Clonus post=83780267][/quote]The FG increased tariffs in order to encourage farmers to produce more and equally encourage more people to go into farming so that we can be self sufficient with time.

These leeching ECOWAS countries are not interested in that, they prefer the billions they make to our being self sufficient.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by Eteka1(m): 7:23am On Nov 06, 2019
healthserve:
Typical. Misplaced Priorities
You are totally wrong. These issues have a massive impact on our economy.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours by geosegun(m): 9:36am On Nov 06, 2019
anonimi:

You read a balderdash version of what I said inside your mind, hence your comment above.
Dirty water enter ya house, you no filter am, come dey blame your neighbour wey dey filter im own ask am sey why ya own water still dey dorti?
Make you reason am well before you go yarn balderdash again o. Because next time I go sammer you wella.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3903043_3900875eremainsmalluformakesensepng0cbd86798bdb9acb6b2f053976eebe47_png4f72619c8ca6b05dbf89dda16578e7fe

Young man, you would want to reconsider your illustration, it doesn't apply in the current situation. You should understand this if you are smart enough.
All the very best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Militants Give Condition To Stop Bombings In N’delta / Senate: New Twists Place PDP In Driving Seat / We’ve Located Chibok Girls In Sambisa Forest And Going For Them - Nigeria Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.