Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error (35060 Views)

Police Admit Killing Barrister Elias Ugwu In Error / Gunmen Attack, Shoot Bartholomew Nnanyelugo Chime In Enugu (Photos) / Scammer Pabloayodeji Tweets, Promises To Return Money He Stole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by Flyingngel(m): 6:12am On Nov 05, 2019
The moral decadence among Nigerians is Mind blowing.
All the people complaining abt corruption is because they are not opportune to be in power. They will do the same thing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 05, 2019
More of this please.

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 05, 2019
Flyingngel:
The moral decadence among Nigerians is Monday blowing.
[/b]All the people complaining abt corruption is because they are not opportune to be in power. They will do the same thing.[b]

Of course!

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by QuickStandard: 6:13am On Nov 05, 2019
grin
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by Wigetsolar: 6:15am On Nov 05, 2019
Most people don't have integrity. Money that doesnt belong to you

4 Likes

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by cjudy(m): 6:18am On Nov 05, 2019
realstars:
It was at his luck and not by luck,
Man there is no short cut, ask yahoo boys.
There's shortcut oga. If you doubt, ask Politicians

2 Likes

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by witworth(m): 6:18am On Nov 05, 2019
Though what he did was really bad, but the law is for the poor people not the wealthy. and its sad.
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by Duggedised12(f): 6:23am On Nov 05, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
foolish man... at the end of the day, he paid back the money AND going to jail for 2 yrs....AND the motorcycle he bought was forfeited to the gov. kai!

[img]https://media./images/bbdd63e51d91b772e3f004b20c9f7548/tenor.gif[/img]
now i have to go back and search for George of the jungle grin

2 Likes

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by 80kobo(m): 6:26am On Nov 05, 2019
Sharp guy gone bad

Stanchem029:
The Makurdi Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Monday, secured the conviction of a man, Orhena Bartholomew for refusing to return N99,000 transferred to him in error.

Mr Bartholomew was sentenced by Justice Mobolaji Olajuwon of the Federal High Court, Makurdi, Benue State.

The EFCC said trouble started for Mr Bartholomew, a tailor, when the Makurdi Zonal Office of the EFCC received a petition from a complainant, who operates Firstmonie Cash Point alleging that Mr Bartholomew came to him to transfer N1,000 only to his friend in Lagos, but that he, the operator, mistakenly transferred N100,000.

After Mr Bartholomew had left, the complainant said he contacted him to refund him his N99,000 balance, but that he claimed he was already on his way to Lagos and would not return.

The friend in Lagos, however, saw the money and sent the entire N99,000 back to Mr Bartholomew’s account. However, instead of Mr Bartholomew sending it to the agent, he converted it to his personal use and bought a Honda cub motorcycle with it.

The Commission arrested and arraigned him in court.

One of the charges against him reads: “That you, Orhena Sesugh Bartholomewon on or about 15th of October, 2019 in Makurdi, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, without lawful authority engaged in acquisition of a super cub Honda motorcycle knowing that the said motorcycle was proceed of criminal activity and you thereby committed an offence, contrary to Section 18(1) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Establishment) Act, 2004 and punishable under Section 18(2) of the same Act.”

He pleaded guilty to the charge. Following his plea, prosecution counsel, G. G. Chai-Yakua urged the court to accept a plea bargain agreement earlier reached with the defendant and convict him accordingly.

Justice Olajuwon convicted him and sentenced him to two years imprisonment with option of N50,000 fine.

The N99,999.00 which the defendant had been made to cough out in the course of the investigation was paid to the complainant as restitution. He also forfeited his Honda cub motorcycle to the federal government.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/361012-man-jailed-for-refusing-to-return-n99000-transferred-in-error.html
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by Kobicove(m): 6:28am On Nov 05, 2019
The guy is a dishonest idiot undecided

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:30am On Nov 05, 2019
Duggedised12:
now i have to go back and search for gorge of the jungle grin

George not gorge
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by lonelydora: 6:42am On Nov 05, 2019
Stanchem029:
The Makurdi Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Monday, secured the conviction of a man, Orhena Bartholomew for refusing to return N99,000 transferred to him in error.

Mr Bartholomew was sentenced by Justice Mobolaji Olajuwon of the Federal High Court, Makurdi, Benue State.

The EFCC said trouble started for Mr Bartholomew, a tailor, when the Makurdi Zonal Office of the EFCC received a petition from a complainant, who operates Firstmonie Cash Point alleging that Mr Bartholomew came to him to transfer N1,000 only to his friend in Lagos, but that he, the operator, mistakenly transferred N100,000.

After Mr Bartholomew had left, the complainant said he contacted him to refund him his N99,000 balance, but that he claimed he was already on his way to Lagos and would not return.

The friend in Lagos, however, saw the money and sent the entire N99,000 back to Mr Bartholomew’s account. However, instead of Mr Bartholomew sending it to the agent, he converted it to his personal use and bought a Honda cub motorcycle with it.

The Commission arrested and arraigned him in court.

One of the charges against him reads: “That you, Orhena Sesugh Bartholomewon on or about 15th of October, 2019 in Makurdi, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, without lawful authority engaged in acquisition of a super cub Honda motorcycle knowing that the said motorcycle was proceed of criminal activity and you thereby committed an offence, contrary to Section 18(1) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Establishment) Act, 2004 and punishable under Section 18(2) of the same Act.”

He pleaded guilty to the charge. Following his plea, prosecution counsel, G. G. Chai-Yakua urged the court to accept a plea bargain agreement earlier reached with the defendant and convict him accordingly.

Justice Olajuwon convicted him and sentenced him to two years imprisonment with option of N50,000 fine.

The N99,999.00 which the defendant had been made to cough out in the course of the investigation was paid to the complainant as restitution. He also forfeited his Honda cub motorcycle to the federal government.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/361012-man-jailed-for-refusing-to-return-n99000-transferred-in-error.html

Bartholomew has not learnt that nothing is free in this world.

Why purchase a motorcycle with the money?

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by cocolacec(m): 6:48am On Nov 05, 2019
1mrprolific7:
Forgive him Nah.
He's only hungry. Why sending him to jail

He is greedy if he is hungry he will steal bread or garri at the market place. He wanted to profit from someone’s pain and loss.Serves him right.
Maybe some scammers prophecized unmerited favour for him.

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by revenge001: 6:48am On Nov 05, 2019
Mynd44:

Crininals aren't very smart. If they are smart, they wouldn't be doing what they do.

Did he really think he would get away if the owner decided to take the case up? His details are all over his bank yet he decided not to have sense

Mr sense, we have seen were your own sense landed you, being a common mod.... Look for a better job and stop feeling like the president of nairaland

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by Dipsong: 6:49am On Nov 05, 2019
idesylvester:
Something wey you for just return jejeli to save urself from stress. How much is 99k self. I just feel there are certain money I can't even imagine myself stealing.

Na small money dey receive more punishment pass...

yes oh a friend of my received close to a billion naira in his account from one of dis bank which I wont mention, na next day d bank comot d money
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by SodomSluts: 6:55am On Nov 05, 2019
This one na temptation
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2019
Best judgement of the year

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by Teejay13(m): 6:59am On Nov 05, 2019
You cant eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by aspiring44: 7:01am On Nov 05, 2019
idesylvester:
Something wey you for just return jejeli to save urself from stress. How much is 99k self. I just feel there are certain money I can't even imagine myself stealing.

Very true .

Conversion and diversion = stealing .

May God save our inner spirit from such act

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by mfm04622: 7:13am On Nov 05, 2019
This is how criminals should be treated!

1. Made to pay restitution
2. Fined or sentenced to 2 years in prison
3. Made to lose the proceed of the crime (The bike)

He has lost more than twice of what he wanted to convert to his own use!

3 Likes

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by drdavele: 7:13am On Nov 05, 2019
Two years hail or an option 50k fine for 99k....wow!!!our judiciary system is wack...bottom line is don't steal little,steal in billions
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by sonature1: 7:29am On Nov 05, 2019
idesylvester:

Big man, I hail oh! grin

In this country, some people are not even sure of the next meal.

Just keep that in mind
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by sonature1: 7:34am On Nov 05, 2019
Mamanotinspoil2:
This guy isn't very smart.
1. He paid back the 99k cash
2. He had to forfeit the okada he bought to EFCC
3. Finally he will spend 2 years in prison or pay 50k fine

All because he felt he was a sharp guy undecided undecided

I no know why judge give am option of fine sef. Let him go and do time let his head correct

We still have used office items at giveaway prices. Laptop, 7.6kva generator, furniture and more. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales

Can you mention me with the items that are still available?

I am interested

Thank you
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by kazyhm(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2019
The guy been don pray earlier for a miracle to happen

And he thought the answer was the innocent POS hustler's money.....

Miracle mentality sent him to prison

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by lasheun: 7:35am On Nov 05, 2019
When greed mixed with poverty, another man moni go start to look like your own.

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by silent10(m): 7:36am On Nov 05, 2019
Flyingngel:
The moral decadence among Nigerians is Mind blowing.
All the people complaining abt corruption is because they are not opportune to be in power. They will do the same thing.
You mean that includes you, if you have ever complained about corruption. Yeah a lot of people are corrupt, but we all can't be.
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by Beat123(f): 7:38am On Nov 05, 2019
Broda no be this type we Dey carry run o!

When you see 20m or up!
1m dollars them!!!

And you don’t travel to Lagos
Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by geeftiieee: 7:39am On Nov 05, 2019
This is the height of it to show the rate of poverty in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Orhena Bartholomew Sent To Jail For refusal To Return Money Sent To Him In Error by 27Pushing30: 7:47am On Nov 05, 2019
Mamanotinspoil2:
This guy isn't very smart.
1. He paid back the 99k cash
2. He had to forfeit the okada he bought to EFCC
3. Finally he will spend 2 years in prison or pay 50k fine

All because he felt he was a sharp guy undecided undecided

I no know why judge give am option of fine sef. Let him go and do time let his head correct

We still have used office items at giveaway prices. Laptop, 7.6kva generator, furniture and more. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales

Actually he’s a sharp guy who messed with the wrong person. If it was police he won’t even reach court but EFCC??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal / Rev. Fr. Mathias Opara Kidnapped In Imo / Millionaire Security Guard Arrested In South Africa, Stolen Money Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.