Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

I Want To Know About MFM - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Know About MFM (8652 Views)

MFM Power Must Change Hands Programme Message January 2014 / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 22, 2007
Biko for anyone who is in the know,tell more more on this new wave that is sweeping across Naija,whose wind have blown into the USA.
I recently got a book from a Christian written by one Odukoya of the Mountain of Fire Ministries and some of the prayers about my enemies falling down and dying made be shiver.
I put the heavy book on my shelf and have not read it since.

The book even said if one ate or drank in their dreams they were posessed of the devil,even mentrual cramps meant there maybe a "spirit" husband and needed high powered deliverance.
I walked into a fellowship of believers here in the states and we were handed some writings from the MFM and we were to repeat after the leader on some of what I termed curses,I was flabbekujjared.

I have also read and heard testimonies of where the objects of these prayers literally fell down and died
I'm not talking hearsay,I know 2 cases,the individuals were buried last year.
I was taught by scriptures to pray for my enemies and those who abuse me.
To love and not hate them,this MFM way is kind of strange to me.
Am I simply overreacting or has this ministry gone overboard with calling fire and brimstone,I need some inputs,my people.

Lord Jesus,it is not my desire to talk ill of any servants of yours that are truly in your will
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by TellyB(m): 6:50pm On May 22, 2007
I've read a small pamphlet written by Dr. Odukoya, and found it interesting. It was something about the Eagle Christian.

However, apart from gists here and there, I really don't know what to make about the type of prayer that wishes people dead! undecided
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 22, 2007
unto everyone is given a certain measure of grace. I do not approve of praying my enemies to death as the bible is clearly against that but do we throw away the baby with the birth water?

My dad would always say, when you eat rice and you come across a stone do your throw the rice away? No, you set the stone aside and proceed to consume your delicious rice and stew.
We learn as much as we can from every man who is annointed of God while praying for them that God would open their eyes to see even more of Him.
I respect Dr. Odukoya of the MFM, he may not know everything but at least God is usiing Him to bless some. Even the apostle Peter who spent 3 yrs with Jesus had to be rebuked by the apostle Paul for supposing that it was a sin to eat with the physically uncircumcised forgetting that salvation had now been thrown open to the gentiles and that God was now more interested in the circumcision of the heart.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by mrpataki(m): 8:25pm On May 22, 2007
Be careful lest you get the wrath of their prayers too embarassed embarassed

By Fire By Force embarassed embarassed embarassed It is operation Holy Ghost fire!

They pratically believe almost everything is devilish.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by KAG: 9:11pm On May 22, 2007
babyosisi:

Biko for anyone who is in the know,tell more more on this new wave that is sweeping across Naija,whose wind have blown into the USA.
I recently got a book from a Christian written by one Odukoya of the Mountain of Fire Ministries and some of the prayers about my enemies falling down and dying made be shiver.
I put the heavy book on my shelf and have not read it since.

Olukoya? *shrugs* MFM, it's what it is. Incidentally, I like Dr. Olukoya - his heart is in the right place, for what it's worth

Lord Jesus,it is not my desire to talk ill of any servants of yours that are truly in your will

I'm pretty sure Jesus doesn't mind you questioning the messages of churches and preachers - remember the Bereans. In any case, they (he: Dr Olukoya) has said that the enemies they are praying against aren't the physical ones, but the spiritual enemies: the principalities, powers and princes of the air that either use human agents or block and/or change the destiny of the anointed
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by BlackMamba(m): 2:51am On May 23, 2007
I wish it works, but it's all fad. They'll be hot and grow till the questions of financial control in an expanding business ruin them like it always does. Then another Fire on the Mountain will spring up to continue the rip off.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 2:56am On May 23, 2007
The case I talked about,a man had threatened his neighbor with juju.
The neighbor got 'em olukoya prayer books and prayed the prayers therein day and night,2 weeks after,the man who had threatened his neighbors with fulani juju dropped dead at a meeting and people were scared.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Wadomoi(f): 3:09am On May 23, 2007
To whom much is given - much is required - simple.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by feelgood(m): 7:42am On May 23, 2007
Baby, good you kept the book aside - it would do you no good. Even if a prophet prophesies and it comes to pass, and he tells us to go after other gods (in this case, death of our enemies), we should not follow after such (deut 13: 1-4). Jesus remains our perfect example. See Luke 9: 51-56 also. Even if the enemies were spirit beings, you'd be wasting your time praying for their death - they simply wont. You can only bind them or cast them out of a person or situation.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by thesilent1(m): 8:36am On May 23, 2007
telly B, so sorry for this but i have tried to be silent here about certain "stupid" and "fear based rubbish" coming from our wonderful country.

The neighbor got 'em olukoya prayer books and prayed the prayers therein day and night,2 weeks after,the man who had threatened his neighbors with fulani juju dropped dead at a meeting and people were scared.

you see being the loving christian that i am the above story makes for a perfect testimony to the loving nature of our faith, right? angry

I guess if you live in constant fear of being thrown to eternal and unquenching fire by your God then you can appreciate one of his "generals" saying to pray your enenies to death.

"greater love hath no man,

Peace!
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by TellyB(m): 9:31am On May 23, 2007
@thesilent1,

I can understand where you're coming from. However, taking just one "general's" style of doing things does not necessarily define the whole spectrum of God's love. If it does, as a Christian I should have been calling for everyone's death - including yours - when I pray! (And that is regardless of whether or not I face east when praying as such!)

Please look into the Bible and see where I'm coming from. That 'God so loved the world' and gave His Son for me does not mean I should define His love by the disceptations of others.

Regards.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by thesilent1(m): 9:35am On May 23, 2007
you see telly b, its that sarcasm again.

(And that is regardless of whether or not I face east when praying as such!)

now, now! lol
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by TellyB(m): 9:49am On May 23, 2007
thesilent1:

now, now! lol

Ok, I repent! Sarcasm has been suspended on the Forum till further notice; so I'm out! grin cheesy
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by thesilent1(m): 10:44am On May 23, 2007
please let me know when its allowed back in.

better make myself incognito
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 12:16am On May 24, 2007
If anyone is interested I can begin pasting some writings from that book here for reference.
The words are something else
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by KAG: 12:32am On May 24, 2007
babyosisi:

If anyone is interested I can begin pasting some writings from that book here for reference.
The words are something else

I'm interested.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 12:46am On May 24, 2007
Every power waging against my destiny,fall down and die in Jesus name.

Every power drawing powers from the heavenlies against me,fall down and die in Jesus name

any tongue speaking against me---   be silenced now in Jesus name

These are just samples,I am not used to such prayers
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by KAG: 1:34am On May 24, 2007
babyosisi:

Every power waging against my destiny,fall down and die in Jesus name.

Every power drawing powers from the heavenlies against me,fall down and die in Jesus name

any tongue speaking against me--- be silenced now in Jesus name

These are just samples,I am not used to such prayers

Yeah, those sound like MFM prayers. I remember being told a long time ago that they pary violently because "the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by force". Dr Olukoya has also used the analogy of the loudest patient in the hospital ward usually gets the Dr's attention. In any case, none of those seem directed at humans specifically.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by bolaoni(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2007
Before the advent of so many ministries, I used to think
churches are places of FREEDOM. But now, you see that
those that are supposed to be FREE are more fearful than
those that should be.

People no longer read the Bible, they believe anything they
hear without checking out if it is true or not. I don't know
why I should spend hours praying for my enemies to die when
I can use that period to thank God for all he has done for me.

My people now believe all their problems are caused by someone
hiding somewhere. We now have Christians who believe more
in the Power of the devil than that of God. We focus our attention
on the devil and his agents and our attention has been drawn away
from the power of God and Jesus.

Whatever happen to so many Bible promises concerning us? The last time
I checked, I know that:

"Know weapon fashioned against me shall prosper and every tongue
that rise against me in judgement is CONDEMED
"

"At the name of Jesus EVERY knew shall bow"

So why should I live in perpetual fear of an enemy, real or unreal?

Most people going to church now see Cockroaches, rodents and mosquitos as
agents of the devil shocked Things have gone this bad that the Precious Name of Jesus/ Blood
of Jesus is wasted on all these little stuffs that we can kill easily. shocked

What a pity! cry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know About MFM by omoge(f): 6:17pm On May 24, 2007
i had a lot of those books from him as a gift when i was leaving home. it was given to me by a friend who knew i love reading christian books, unfortunately life here/school life is too demanding and i have not read them, nor used them in prayers. just last year i had to trash and recycle all of them and throw them away cuz i needed rooms for my bookshelf.

they are good read but using the books for casting out devil is eh scary to me.

they have this song, i belief in miracle i belief in miracle, miracle miracle, etc,

oh well undecided
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 24, 2007
The Lord indeed has not given us the spirit of fear but of power
We ought not to be afraid and become more demon conscious than God conscious.

God should be the center of our praise not wasting precious time on demons.
Demons are real,demonic activities abound but that should not be the chief concern of Christians.
The concern centered around demons stem from fear,fear is not of God.
Bless you my brethren.

Kag,I  can see God is calling on you to return  to him.
Do it today,tomorrow may be too late.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by KAG: 6:37pm On May 25, 2007
babyosisi:

Kag,I can see God is calling on you to return to him.
Do it today,tomorrow may be too late.

Somehow I doubt that.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 7:19am On May 26, 2007
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." -Hosea 6:6

I used to go night vigils and then I lost interest and stopped. Why ?

The majority of prayers were against witches and wizards and all manner of evil. There were hardly prayers for holiness and living a sin free life.

The reason why many of us are in bondage today and totally deceived is because we are too lazy to read God's bible and pray, discovering God from his word. We are so caught up in this rat race to keep up with the joneses that we have lost our first love for God and we busy ourselves on the rare opportunity to read books written by MEN and not God. I have learnt from years as a Christian that no pastor is infallible , only God's word standeth TRUE.

Remember the Bereans in the acts of the apostles ??

Acts 17:11
Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true

Imagine Paul ! A great apostle of God, a preacher of the word, a healer etc etc . But whatever he told the Bereans, they checked it out in the bible to see if it was true.

No wonder deception is flying around left , right and centre.

We have ignored God's command in Psalm 1.

BOOK I : Psalms 1-41
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

John 6:53
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

We need to eat more of Jesus ( the word of God ) for ' man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceed out of the mouth of God '.

ONLY WHEN GOD'S WORD HAS FILLED OUR HEARTS TO THE BRIM CAN WE BEGIN TO REPEL FALSE DECEPTION IN THESE VERY VERY LAST DAYS.

15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

Live a holy life and Satan will flee from you.

Live a filthy life , you can be sure he will be a companion who brings evil and wickedness with him.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by feelgood(m): 7:57am On May 26, 2007
God bless you frosbel. There is nothing more to add to ur last post - the bible remains our standard
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by donnie(m): 5:26pm On May 29, 2007
Someone called those kind a new kind of prayer that is very powerful and i looked at him with pity. If only he knew that the old method of prayer has not changed. The Apostles prayed to the father in the name of Jesus and had their requests(which were in line with God's plan of salvation for mankind ) granted.

I do not spend my time praying against demons. I simply cast them out for they have already beeen defeated -2000 years ago. There are some other things i do not pray for: Money - or against demons who make holes in pockets ( i simply give and do God's word concerning finances). Healing(I put God's word to work- declaring that i was healed 2000yrs ago and therefore insist that i remain healed ). Prosperity( i was born into prosperity when i met Jesus). Deliverance( i have been delivered form the kingdom of darkness and already translated into the kingdom of God's dear son).

I am even aware that many denominations in Nigeria, even the very large ones whom i did not expect have begun to adopt this 'new' methods of prayer.

But before the rapture, God's people will grow into what He expects of them and come into their inheritance in the mighty name of Jesus!
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 29, 2007
I have read from the Olukoya books that if you ever ate or were presented food in your dreams,you are posessed of the devil.
How about Peter who had a vision with a blanket full of food and was asked to arise,kill and eat (before he went to Cornelius)
How do they explain that one?

I have eaten in my dreams,even icecream sef, it is part of human behaviour to eat and we humans do normal  everyday activities in dreams.
I will not be intimidated by this new kind of doctrine.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by KDK(m): 8:43am On May 30, 2007
Well, in MFM, we don't pray for people to die. We pray against principalities and Powers. However, a lot of people including some of our MFM pastors miss this point. Those who die as a result of our prayers are those who refuse to let go of such powers hence they preffer to perish with it. Tanxx

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know About MFM by thesilent1(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2007
Someone called those kind a new kind of prayer that is very powerful and i looked at him with pity. If only he knew that the old method of prayer has not changed. The Apostles prayed to the father in the name of Jesus and had their requests(which were in line with God's plan of salvation for mankind ) granted.

I do not spend my time praying against demons. I simply cast them out for they have already beeen defeated -2000 years ago. There are some other things i do not pray for: Money - or against demons who make holes in pockets ( i simply give and do God's word concerning finances). Healing(I put God's word to work- declaring that i was healed 2000yrs ago and therefore insist that i remain healed ). Prosperity( i was born into prosperity when i met Jesus). Deliverance( i have been delivered form the kingdom of darkness and already translated into the kingdom of God's dear son).

I am even aware that many denominations in Nigeria, even the very large ones whom i did not expect have begun to adopt this 'new' methods of prayer.

But before the rapture, God's people will grow into what He expects of them and come into their inheritance in the mighty name of Jesus!

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, sorry, just had to let that out! finally, a BIBLICAL and BALANCED view on prayer!!!!
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by TellyB(m): 9:40am On May 30, 2007
@KDK,

KDK:

Well, in MFM, we don't pray for people to die. We pray against principalities and Powers. However, a lot of people including some of our MFM pastors miss this point. Those who die as a result of our prayers are those who refuse to let go of such powers hence they preffer to perish with it. Tanxx

Thanks for that highlighted part of your response. I have some MFM friends who still have not grasp it, but it's amazing that they still argue against Eph. 6:12 that says we do not wrestle against flesh and blood.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by KDK(m): 9:17am On Jun 04, 2007
Telly B,
It is normal for people to modify things to suit their own understanding or gratify their very lust hence such prayers against individuals. I don't want to start a discussion on the deliverance ministry. Years back, a lot of people including churches criticized this method of praying against powers but now, a lot of pastors now try to pray similar prayers;why is this so? Simple, because it is working.
However, if the very people who are meant to correct this misconception of praying against individuals have misconstrued the whole concept, how then do the sheep know what is right or wrong?
Our pastors in MFM are not helping matters so when I see the GO (which is very soon), I will tell him about this propaganda being spread by the pastors so that this issue can be addressed in the next ministers' conference.
I apologise on behalf of my overseer for this great misconception. In MFM, we love our enemies but hate the powers backing them. A lot of people have been converted as a result of answered prayers so these wicked people submit to the highest power - CHRIST.
Thank you and God bless you.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by donnie(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2007
@KDK

KDK:

However, if the very people who are meant to correct this misconception of praying against individuals have misconstrued the whole concept, how then do the sheep know what is right or wrong?
Our pastors in MFM are not helping matters so when I see the GO (which is very soon), I will tell him about this propaganda being spread by the pastors so that this issue can be addressed in the next ministers' conference.
I apologise on behalf of my overseer for this great misconception. In MFM, we love our enemies but hate the powers backing them,

Even though i am not in agreement with these MFM kind of prayers, i am totally in agreement with their fervency and the importance they attatch to prayer, fastings and the power of God. Unlike some who think becoming a man of God is all about wearing a suit, going to theological school overseas, carrying a microphone and speaking big grammer.

However, i am really not comfortable with your present posture as having to speak on behalf of your GO. I think that is a dangerous thing to do. Inasmuch as you might want to correct certain misconceptions people might have, to play such a role as this is unacceptable to me. I hope you will understand me. There are certain things that are way too high for you and I. 1 luv.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know About MFM by thesilent1(m): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2007
However, i am really not comfortable with your present posture as having to speak on behalf of your GO. I think that is a dangerous thing to do. Inasmuch as you might want to correct certain misconceptions people might have, to play such a role as this is unacceptable to me. I hope you will understand me. There are certain things that are way too high for you and I. 1 love.

i have to agree with Donnie with this one just becuase you do not want "your good to be spoken evil of". maybe print off the posts from here and send to him so he can see the image being portrayed out here in the real world. then again, i remember telling a pastor something frm god i felt impressed to tell him and i was barred from the church from that day! LOL!!!! as if they were punishing me; the very thing i warned him about happened, split the church, caused a lot of hurt people and all that UNFORTUNATE drama. was a real shame but i hope you pray for wisdom on this issue. from the looks of it, god is already speaking from donnie's post.

wish you all the best!

Peace!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does God Approve Dating? / She Lost Her Husband & Her 5 Children In A Day And She Can't Give Birth Again / Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.