Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. (8658 Views)

If You Know You Are Genius, Pls Come In. / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by jumper524(m): 12:06am On May 07, 2019
Ive read and enjoyed post by most of our brothers who are Atheist on this platform particularly seun and billyonaire and ill like to complement them for their supreme ideas as its almost impossible to factually defeat them when it comes to religion. i enjoyed their sportmanship and i must admit at a point in time i was also considering their ideas on becoming an atheist. While i was still able to stand my ground on being a beleiver, ill like to hear seuns and his colleuges thoughts on JINNS (spiritual creatures that posses human mostly females). well i scholed in the northern part of the country and during my secondary school days, i could tell you multiple experienced faced by theses set of creatures. there was a particular time when it was possesing our girls on a steady. i mean we barely go a day without an incident. the most suprising incidence i ever witnessed was when it possesed a girl and it took more than 5 heafty guys to stop her even after they were able to contain her, she was talking with a mans voice. i experienced it my self if you doubt this you can take your time and visit one of the northern state secondary school. it wont take you long to witness one yourself am sure. Now my question is,
1, If everything is about nature and no spirituality how did this happen?
2, Why do these creatures react in pains when the Quran is being recited on them? Seun and other atheist, idd love to hear your opinion on this..
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by CreepyBlackpool: 12:27am On May 07, 2019
I have never had a physical or personal encounter with the spiritual/supernatural.

I believe I lack enough information to prove that what happened was not spirirtual.
However, the day I personally encounter such "possessed" creatures, I beleive I would have a totally natural and unspiritual explanation for the incident.

7 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by essenceplus: 12:32am On May 07, 2019
jumper524:
Ive read and enjoyed post by most of our brothers who are Atheist on this platform particularly seun and billyonaire and ill like to complement them for their supreme ideas as its almost impossible to factually defeat them when it comes to religion. i enjoyed their sportmanship and i must admit at a point in time i was also considering their ideas on becoming an atheist. While i was still able to stand my ground on being a beleiver, ill like to hear seuns and his colleuges thoughts on JINNS (spiritual creatures that posses human mostly females). well i scholed in the northern part of the country and during my secondary school days, i could tell you multiple experienced faced by theses set of creatures. there was a particular time when it was possesing our girls on a steady. i mean we barely go a day without an incident. the most suprising incidence i ever witnessed was when it possesed a girl and it took more than 5 heafty guys to stop her even after they were able to contain her, she was talking with a mans voice. i experienced it my self if you doubt this you can take your time and visit one of the northern state secondary school. it wont take you long to witness one yourself am sure. Now my question is,
2, Why do these creatures react in pains when the Quran is being recited on them? Seun and other atheist, idd love to hear your opinion on this..

Guy.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:53am On May 07, 2019
Next time it happens, please ask The "devil" for his direct number and simply use your mind to ask:" if really there was a devil going around, and it has been here since biblical times, should you start to give respect to that being who has been here just as long as your God?!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by jumper524(m): 4:18am On May 07, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
I have never had a physical or personal encounter with the spiritual/supernatural.

I believe I lack enough information to prove that what happened was not spirirtual.
However, the day I personally encounter such "possessed" creatures, I beleive I would have a totally natural and unspiritual explanation for the incident.
I agree with you on this, I know how difficult it is convincing you guys that's why I suggested you try visiting secondary schools in the north as it's not a difficult thing to experience here.
if you make your research you'll know am speaking the truth but I think it's better u witness it yourself..
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by wirinet(m): 7:15am On May 07, 2019
Now answer these questions too;
Why is it that atheists do not see or get attacked by Jinns and also don't get attacked by demons and spirits?

Why is it that Muslims don't see winged white skinned angels in white robes blowing trumpets? Why don't Muslims see demons and spirits in the former our Christian brothers see it.

Why don't Christians see and get attacked by Jinns?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:16am On May 07, 2019
Demonic possession is real.

Demons or evil spirits are offspring of fallen angels and humans according to book of Enoch. They came into existence as a result of sexual intercourse between humans and the angels.
They are allowed to roam the earth as spirit by GOD while their parents are currently bonded in bottomless pit.
They usually possess the weak in spirit and could live in you without you knowing it.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by wirinet(m): 7:17am On May 07, 2019
jumper524:
I agree with you on this, I know how difficult it is convincing you guys that's why I suggested you try visiting secondary schools in the north as it's not a difficult thing to experience here.
if you make your research you'll know am speaking the truth but I think it's better u witness it yourself..
I schooled for 2 years in the north and I never experienced any jinn or spiritual experience, in spite of numerous tales of spirits around the school.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:19am On May 07, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Demonic possession is real.

Demons or evil spirits are offspring of fallen angels and humans according to book of Enoch. They came into existence as a result of sexual intercourse between humans and the angels.
They are allowed to roam the earth as spirit by GOD while their parents are currently bonded in bottomless pit.
They usually possess the weak in spirit and could live in you without you knowing it.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/04/health/exorcism-doctor/index.html

Fighting Satan's minions wasn't part of Gallagher's career plan while he was studying medicine at Yale. He knew about biblical accounts of demonic possession but thought they were an ancient culture's attempt to grapple with mental disorders like epilepsy. He proudly calls himself a "man of science."
Yet today, Gallagher has become something else: the go-to guy for a sprawling network of exorcists in the United States. He says demonic possession is real. He's seen the evidence: victims suddenly speaking perfect Latin; sacred objects flying off shelves; people displaying "hidden knowledge" or secrets about people that they could not have possibly have known.
"There was one woman who was like 90 pounds soaking wet. She threw a Lutheran deacon who was about 200 pounds across the room," he says. "That's not psychiatry. That's beyond psychiatry."
Gallagher calls himself a "consultant" on demonic possessions. For the past 25 years, he has helped clergy distinguish between mental illness and what he calls "the real thing." He estimates that he's seen more cases of possession than any other physician in the world."Whenever I need help, I call on him," says the Rev. Gary Thomas, one of the most famous exorcists in the United States. The movie "The Rite" was based on Thomas' work.
"He's so respected in the field," Thomas says. "He's not like most therapists, who are either atheists or agnostics."
Gallagher is a big man -- 6-foot-5 -- who once played semipro basketball in Europe. He has a gruff, no-nonsense demeanor. When he talks about possession, it sounds as if he's describing the growth of algae; his tone is dry, clinical, matter-of-fact.
Possession, he says, is rare -- but real.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by jumper524(m): 11:39am On May 07, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Next time it happens, please ask The "devil" for his direct number and simply use your mind to ask:" if really there was a devil going around, and it has been here since biblical times, should you start to give respect to that being who has been here just as long as your God?!
from the Quran they jinns are also creatures of God. We have both the Good and bad amongst them just like humans.
My point is, since u guys believe everything is nature what do you have to say about those jinns possessing humans. Doesn't it ring a bell in your ears about spirituality?
You can make your research on them..
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by budaatum: 12:11pm On May 07, 2019
wirinet:

I schooled for 2 years in the north and I never experienced any jinn or spiritual experience, in spite of numerous tales of spirits around the school.
It's amazing how people claim they saw things that they never could have seen.

Atheists need to teach theists that atheism is about evidence and not about believing just because someone somewhere said so! Not using one's senses must be a sin against God!

6 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by jumper524(m): 12:47pm On May 07, 2019
budaatum:

Atheists need to teach theists that atheism is about evidence and not about believing just because someone somewhere said so! Not using one's senses must be a sin against God!
I was born in Lagos stayed there till after my junior waec ND I never witnessed any of such there. I heard about it once but until I moved to Abuja and started my SS1 I don't have an encounter..
GSS kuje Abuja to be precise where I started my ss1 I witnessed it consistently. There was a particular period when it was happening day in day out. While I could believe that the girls might just be pretending, I can't explain those strength displayed by her and the male voice she was speaking with..
I don't have evidence on this as I believe u might not believe YouTube videos but I already told you how you can witness one yourself..
If the other guy schooled in the north and didn't witness such, then I believe they are very few of them.

And yes it does possess Christain girl but very few, why? I don't know for now.. But do ur research and findings on them you'll know what am saying..

Lemme quote some Northern's on this forum to help us out..

maryam6
Mutuwa
fiizznation
psyqs
arewaboy
carinmom
galadima77
naijagobetter
doublewisdom
Amoto94

The guys mentioned above, plz I'll like you guys to share your real life experience when jinn possess human. I know it happens everywhere in the world but it's occurrence is more in the northern part of the country.
Just for debate sake o...
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by OpenYourEyes1: 12:54pm On May 07, 2019
budaatum:

What the gentleman said is a possibility. There has been documented cases around the world like this mass possession in this schools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAtmFBokhlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Hw5kUGHhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGIVOghT864

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkxSoboZ-vY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8tyZ6Rzfo
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by budaatum: 1:01pm On May 07, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

What the gentleman said is a possibility. There has been documented cases around the world like this mass possession in this schools
It is not argued that mass hysteria or that of single individuals does not happen. Hitler's Germany is a well documented instance of it.

The argument is about what caused it, and there's no reason to add spirits and demons where none exist and better explanations do.

4 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 1:08pm On May 07, 2019
jumper524:

I schooled in a northern secondary school too, all we ever heard were stories, nobody saw anything supernatural except of course all the foolishness we indulged in calling it "spiritual".

There was even a purported former burial ground at the back of our school but nobody ever saw jackshit.

4 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by budaatum: 1:14pm On May 07, 2019
jumper524:
I was born in Lagos stayed there till after my junior waec ND I never witnessed any of such there.
I did grow up in Lagos and did witness many instances of mass hysteria. My favourite is when someone shouts "epọn me" at Oshodi bus stop, and many others join in claiming someone touched them and their balls disappeared. The smart one's amongst us know to cling to our purses and wallets because its a trick pickpocket thieves use to help themselves to it while you are busy protecting your balls. It was great fun standing back and watching the pandemonia.

11 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by OpenYourEyes1: 1:16pm On May 07, 2019
budaatum:

It is not argued that mass hysteria or that of single individuals does not happens. Hitler's Germany is a well documented instance of it.

The argument is about what caused it, and there's no reason to add spirits and demons where none exist and better explanations do.

Mass hysteria? OK, lol. You guys have a long way to go my friends.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by budaatum: 1:20pm On May 07, 2019
LordReed:

I schooled in a northern secondary school too, all we ever heard were stories, nobody saw anything supernatural except of course all the foolishness we indulged in calling it "spiritual".

There was even a purported former burial ground at the back of our school but nobody ever saw jackshit.
We had this walk through the bush from my grandfather's house to my cousins where the food was better. 10 minutes and you are there, except everyone claimed demons waylaid people at night and the alternative was 30 minutes on the main road. "Screw that", said buda, and as a matter of principle always went through the bush. Anything beat eko and ewedu grandma gave us for supper!
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by budaatum: 1:20pm On May 07, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Mass hysteria? OK, lol. You guys have a long way to go my friends.
You have a long way to come to open your eyes, but you will someday, you will.

8 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by OpenYourEyes1: 1:30pm On May 07, 2019
budaatum:

You have a long way to come to open your eyes, but you will someday, you will.

I wonder what other big words you will use if I show genuine videos of kids being thrown around by invisible forces. Mass gravitational dance maybe? . I will leave this for another day
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by budaatum: 1:37pm On May 07, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

I wonder what other big words you will use if I show genuine videos of kids being thrown around by invisible forces. Mass gravitational dance maybe? . I will leave this for another day
I wonder what you would say when I show you videos of Alvin and the Chipmunks talking. In fact, I would not leave it to another day! Is it demon possession that makes them speak and sing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrBvCwxIGL4

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by LordReed(m): 2:04pm On May 07, 2019
budaatum:

We had this walk through the bush from my grandfather's house to my cousins where the food was better. 10 minutes and you are there, except everyone claimed demons waylaid people at night and the alternative was 30 minutes on the main road. "Screw that", said buda, and as a matter of principle always went through the bush. Anything beat eko and ewedu grandma gave us for supper!

Buda has made me want to go to amala joint. LoL

2 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by OtemAtum: 2:14pm On May 07, 2019
Nothing spiritual can possess people. Madness or Hysteria is not the same as demon.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 07, 2019
My take on the matter is that it is more about the mental immunity against believing anything that hints the possibility of the existence of God.

For Isaac Newton who is widely regarded as the greatest ever scientist because of his arguably unmatched contributions to modern science believed in the existence of God in spite of his scientific background which is hinged on provided proofs, because he wasn't mentally opposed to such possibilities.

Hence with the little evidence he observed despite that he couldn't prove it via scientific method, he was able to come to such a conclusion.

Therefore it's not that the evidences of God's existence are not overwhelming, but that such atheists are have a mentality that has been immuned to consideration of them.

For these are the same ones that could easily believe that man originated from apes, despite that the evidence that suggests that is exceedingly outweighed by that which points to the existence of God.

So it's not about the lack of evidence that suggests such but the immunity that has been developed by their mentality against such truths.
jumper524:
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 07, 2019
jumper524:
It's all fake, bro. Although sometimes the "possessed" participants are dragged into believing it too. All humans have a far greater capacity for delusion, self-deception and hallucination than we tend to give ourselves credit for. There's not a shred of evidence for anything remotely like demonic possession and the facts fit perfectly with the explanation that it's all in the heads of the "possessed" and the wishful hearts and fallible senses of the onlookers. The idea of demons is a very ancient one.

There's a fascinating section in Sagan's Demon Haunted World which discusses the origin of the idea. As the centuries passed the literature told different tales of what demons were. Originally, according to reputable experts of the times, they used to live in the skies, then began to interfere with human affairs, then were responsible for every negative action and error. They were perhaps most well known for being the cause of all disease. They used to seduce and interbreed with humans producing witches and sometimes replaced people with identical demonic counterparts (who the church then burnt). Only in recent centuries did the obsession begin to regress and now "demons" only appear in the houses and bodies of the pious having been quenched by a greater understanding of the world and replaced by other fantasies.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by iamgenius(m): 5:10pm On May 07, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
It's all fake, bro. Although sometimes the "possessed" participants are dragged into believing it too. All humans have a far greater capacity for delusion, self-deception and hallucination than we tend to give ourselves credit for. There's not a shred of evidence for anything remotely like demonic possession and the facts fit perfectly with the explanation that it's all in the heads of the "possessed" and the wishful hearts and fallible senses of the onlookers. The idea of demons is a very ancient one.

There's a fascinating section in Sagan's Demon Haunted World which discusses the origin of the idea. As the centuries passed the literature told different tales of what demons were. Originally, according to reputable experts of the times, they used to live in the skies, then began to interfere with human affairs, then were responsible for every negative action and error. They were perhaps most well known for being the cause of all disease. They used to seduce and interbreed with humans producing witches and sometimes replaced people with identical demonic counterparts (who the church then burnt). Only in recent centuries did the obsession begin to regress and now "demons" only appear in the houses and bodies of the pious having been quenched by a greater understanding of the world and replaced by other fantasies.
What are you saying gaan?

1 Like

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by iamgenius(m): 5:11pm On May 07, 2019
Seun and others will not come out to defend this, they've actually seen one scenario of this.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 07, 2019
iamgenius:
What are you saying gaan?
Ask Yahweh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by iamgenius(m): 6:19pm On May 07, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Ask Yahweh
I don't know Yahweh.
Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 07, 2019
iamgenius:
I don't know Yahweh.
Then that's entirely your problem

4 Likes

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by NPComplete: 8:12pm On May 07, 2019
LordReed:

No mind the guy. My JSS1 to JSS3 was in the north. In boarding school. Everyday we kept hearing about the mythical Bush Baby that carried lamps and mats around in the night. Didn't see one till I left the north. None of my friends did.

I am sure the OP hasn't seen any either. He is just overstating the frequency of the "supernatural" event.

The unfortunate thing about people like the OP is that they believe sceptics have never traveled out of Lagos before so they can spin any ludicrous story to convince us. The problem is that most times we are more learned and traveled than they are and that's actually the anchor of our scepticism.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun And Other Atheists Pls Come In Here. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:52pm On May 07, 2019
I would like to see a Skeptic disprove the Osanyin supernatural attributions.

Osanyin is the Yoruba God of medicine. And one of it features is that it speaks audibly. However, I have personally dismantled this idol in search of that which speaks inside it. I have not make a single success till date. There are dolls that can talk, but they are equipped with a device that make them talk. The case is different from Osanyin...hence, my ground stand that there are still some unexplainable natural phenomenon which I call supernatural that exist out there.

I only need an atheist to come out. I personally will take you to Osanyin priest and will allow us to inspect it.

Also, there is this famous Babalawo in my locality. He is called Baba Eletu. He handle case of stealing. His job is to catch the culprit, and he does this by applying some gunpowder to the palm of the suspects. Bros, the suspect can not hold the powder for 10 secs after some incantation is initiated to make it work. And from my observations, those that got their hand burnt always confess they stole or know about the missing item. I mean 100%.

And you guys know what, I bought gun powder supplied by a gunsmith in my locality. And asked some of my friends to take my money behind me. Did all the formalities like the Baba and nothing worked. The Baba usually does sampling to prove efficacy of this charm by asking people to free take his phone or money behind him... And he simply applies his powder and recant some incantation. The hand that touch the phone will get burnt within seconds.

At a point, I thought the charm works with fear. A case was brought to him which I witnessed. A chief found out his smoked bush meat is missing in the farm. So he parked all the people living in the farm community to Eletu. At the first instance, no one get his/her hand burnt. The Baba enquired further since the original thief is not among the people. He asked enquired if the thief is from another community but nothing happened. He then enquired if the thief is a human or some animal...immediately, outcome shows it is animal. He further enquire if it is wild animal or dog, the charm reveal it is dog. So all dog owners were parked on a single file and Baba enquire whose dog it is that stole the meat...believe you me, it happens like a flash. Findings show that the dog who's owner hand got burnt indeed took the meat.

There is no harm in these. Firstly disprove that Osanyin talks with a audio device, and or let us test the efficacy of Baba Eletu charm.

We might talk and argue till tomorrow but won't prove anything. The real job is out there and we can walk easily to it and get results.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Proof That The Story Of Noah Is A Fable And Unreal .... / Pastor Chris And Anita Are Back Together . / Why do you go to church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.