Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

I Want To Know About MFM - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Know About MFM (8667 Views)

MFM Power Must Change Hands Programme Message January 2014 / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Aproko(f): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2007
@ topic,
as far as i'm concerned, mfm prayer is a strain on the oesophagus.!!!!! most peopl that swallow everything the church preaches hook, line and sinker end up being paranoid. i know of a woman who is being treated in the psychiatric hospital for mental illness just because at mfm she had learnt that every fly flying past her bedroom is an agent of the devil. insects are not allowed to go their way in peace!!!somebody must have sent them to her.

she's in hospital and no relations to stand by her cos she had accused all of them of being witches and wizards. she prayed for them to jump up, sumersault and die!!!!!!
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2007
lol.
ants are also agents of satan?
chei,mosquitos are demonic e kwa?
Lord have mercy
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by nossycheek(f): 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2007
@topic

There are principalities and powers that acts against human progress in life and these must be squashed. I have attended MFM and see nothing wrong in their manner of prayer. Eating in the dream is not a joke, let alone sexual intercoursed. Some people have been poisoned in their dreams while problems associated with spirit wives and husbands have rendered so many homes non productive.

We need to understand that people things are physically manifested, they must have been manifested spiritually and thus most of the problems must be solved to the roots.

However, that is not to say that every mosquito is an agent. But their prayers are at times needful to wade off constant attack from the powers that be.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Know About MFM by MP007(m): 6:51pm On Jun 05, 2007
check dem website for more details
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by tEsLim(m): 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2007
Dr. D. K. Olukoya is the General Overseer of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries and The Battle Cry Christian Ministries.

The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries Headquarters is the largest single Chrsitian congregation in Africa with attendance of over 120,000 in single meetings.

MFM is a full gospel ministry devotaed to the revival of Apostolic signs, Holy Ghost, Fireworks, Miracles and the unlmiited demonstration of the Power of God to deliver to the uttermost. Absolute holiness within and without as spiritual insecticide and prerequisite for heaven is openly taught. MFM is a do-it-yourself Gospel Ministry, where your hands are trained to wage war and your fingers to do battle.

Dr. Olukoya holds a first class honours degree in Micro-Biology from the University of Lagos and a PhD in Molecular Genetics from the University of Reading, United Kingdom. As a researcher, he has over seventy scientific publications to his credit.

Annointed by God, Dr. Olukoya is a prophet, evangelist, teacher and preacher of the Word. His life and that of is wife Shade and their son Elijah Toluwani are living proofs that all power belongs to God.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know About MFM by MP007(m): 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2007
all i know is that MFM is a no nonsense church , they chase demons with holly ghost fire, na by fire

if u wan pray hot prayer go 1 MFM
2 CAC

if u wan praise go make God head swell go 1 RCCG REDEEM

IF LIfe come better , when u get money wan mix with big mehn like u come go winners chapel

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Know About MFM by donmayor(m): 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2007
I have been attending MFM for a while now.I once heard this from the mouth of Dr Olukoya - He said something like he knows demons don't die but when He prays prayers for them to die he means they should cease to exist in that particular person's life. So much has been said about the way they pray in MFM and the manner of prayer. I have questioned certain things that are being taught there and I still do question some but I have gotten answers to some of my questions. When it came to the issues of dreams, I listened to recent messages that Olukoya gave and he stressed repeated eating in the dream, repeated sex in the dream, repeated attacks in the dream etc, indicated somethings. When talking about why he does screaming prayer, He said he said there were many reasons for that including it enhances concentration which is very important in prayer, it stimulates your faith, shouting side being the winning side. He gave some other reasons which I can't remember. The fact that MFM prays shouting prayers does not mean they don't pray quiet prayers. I have been to many services where after certain teachings what was required was a silent prayer in your own words. Yes I agree that there has been an overemphasis on demons and powers which has led to paranoia in many members. What the church stands for and believes is not clear to many members who are after solutions to their strange problems.One of the reasons from the way I have heard him speak that he teaches in that way is because of the strange things and unbelievable things his eyes have seen as a pastor and when you listen to some of them, you have to agree with him that it is a cold and wicked world. No one says prayers against human beings n MFM but against spirits. The prayers prayed by Dr Olukoya have only been corrupted by members and pastors in the church who have no knowledge of the bible. I live like an hour drive from the main church at Yaba where Dr Olukoya ministers and I have a branch 5 minutes walk from my house. I attended the branch for sometime but when I began to listen to some strange teachings that had no biblical basis, I had to start going to the main church even though it cost me more fuel. The unashamed teaching of the biblical standard of holiness is what I like about MFM.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Seun(m): 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2007
He said something like he knows demons don't die but when He prays prayers for them to die he means they should cease to exist in that particular person's life.
He says it because it sounds really nice. He says it because it works - on people. wink
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by donnie(m): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2007
We as Christains should rightly divide the Word. It is time for the Church of Jesus to grow up! Let God's people study the Word for themselves and learn through the Holy ghost what it talks about.

Then we will see and handle demons the right way: as defeated foes. Jesus said, cast out devils. I dont spend hours praying about demons. I cast them out and go on praying for the hearts of men and women around the world to be open to recieve God's Word of salvation.

I intercede for others because my needs are met in christ. Satan is actually the one on the run. When I move in, he checks out!
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by pilgrim1(f): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2007
donnie:

I don't spend hours praying about demons. I cast them out and go on praying for the hearts of men and women around the world to be open to recieve God's Word of salvation.

@donnie,

It may help for you to remember that your ideas cannot supersede God's Word. You may not pray about demons - and those who have spent time praying before attempting to cast them out know what they were doing.

Remember Matt. 17:18-21? It was about casting out demons. The disciples had tried to cast them out but were unsuccessful. There upon Jesus said: "Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting" (vs. 21).

I know firsthand what I'm talking about in real cases. Don't make your own ideas the standard for others if you're forgetting such texts as above.

Cheers.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Dios(f): 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2007
Ok, y'all nigerians are killing me with your superstitious religious mumbo jumbo. The poster said if you drink or eat in your sleep, you're possesed, if you have menstrual cramps you're possesed grin grin grin angry angry angry, come on africans, we are in the 21st century stop believing the bullshit these people are feeding you. If you eat in your dreams, its just your subconcious telling you that you're are hungry and the part of your brain that causes REM tries to satisfy your need, thats why you dream about eating and thats just a crude explanation. But y'all are so damn hungry half the time and so you keep eating in your dreams and some "man of god" tells you its the devil lipsrsealed ignorant f#cks wake up.Menstrual cramps is normal, just take aleve or something, its not the devil squeezing you stomach people.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Dios(f): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2007
Ok sexual intercourse a.k.a getting some in your dreams, lol you f#ckers are just Hot, rub one off or go get some you'll be aight, I promise.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2007
Dios:

Ok, y'all nigerians are killing me with your superstitious religious mumbo jumbo. The poster said if you drink or eat in your sleep, you're possesed, if you have menstrual cramps you're possesed grin grin grin angry angry angry, come on africans, we are in the 21st century stop believing the bullshit these people are feeding you. If you eat in your dreams, its just your subconcious telling you that you're are hungry and the part of your brain that causes REM tries to satisfy your need, thats why you dream about eating and thats just a crude explanation. But y'all are so damn hungry half the time and so you keep eating in your dreams and some "man of god" tells you its the devil lipsrsealed ignorant f#cks wake up.Menstrual cramps is normal, just take aleve or something, its not the devil squeezing you stomach people.

God punish you dia grin
If you could read and comprehend at the same time,you'll understand the poster was merely talking about the beliefs of a church as portrayed by the writings of it's pastor,what is African about this now?
Most Americans have to knock on wood when narrating facts that they've not had some bad lucks,are Americans Africans too?,there are cults all over the USA with bizarre beliefs,no one generalizes.
Don't come here talking rubbish of Nigerians and Africans.
ewu munshin like you.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by omoge(f): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2007
lol babyosisi grin my mom would say ewu meeeeeeee lol grin

Dios don't tell me you wouldn't like to have it in the dreams grin your post was really hilarious grin
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Dios(f): 5:42am On Aug 02, 2007
@babyosisi, ok you stupid broad, knocking on wood is not even in the same category as thinking that "mosquitoes and flies" are agents of the devil. I'm sorry I classified it as superstition because believing some of these things over zealous african christians take to heart is straight up psychotic. I'm not generalising all africans either, I am an African and I definitely don't think like all these born again people. All I'm saying is it's only in a country with citizens who swallow every gibberish that comes out of the mouths of their religious leadersĀ  that any adult will believe that flies are demons. Afterall the thread starter didn't just dream up these allegations. So before you start typing some crazy sh#t towards me, ask me what I meant first.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2007
Dios:

@babyosisi, ok you stupid broad, knocking on wood is not even in the same category as thinking that "mosquitoes and flies" are agents of the devil. I'm sorry I classified it as superstition because believing some of these things over zealous african christians take to heart is straight up psychotic. I'm not generalising all africans either, I am an African and I definitely don't think like all these born again people. All I'm saying is it's only in a country with citizens who swallow every gibberish that comes out of the mouths of their religious leaders that any adult will believe that flies are demons. Afterall the thread starter didn't just dream up these allegations. So before you start typing some crazy sh#t towards me, ask me what I meant first.

some mothers do have them .
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Dios(f): 1:22am On Aug 03, 2007
I explained myself but you still choose to talk sh#t grin So f#ck you, dirty ass cunt.
Bitch.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 03, 2007
Dios:

I explained myself but you still choose to talk sh#t grin So f#ck you, dirty ass cunt.
Bitch.

chei,are there no more rooms in yaba psychia.
we have failed this citizen o grin
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Dios(f): 1:54am On Aug 03, 2007
Bitch why didn't you tell me you my mama, embarassed I've been f#cking you the past 9 months and now you tell me this bullsh#t? angry
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by gbadex1(m): 1:55am On Aug 03, 2007
I believe it was when you allowed Dios Jnr. watch Playboy TV at age three. . . tongue

(lol, just joking, pls don't crucify me o!! cheesy)
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 03, 2007
Dios:

Bitch why didn't you tell me you my mama, embarassed I've been f#cking you the past 9 months and now you tell me this bullsh#t? angry

Osanobua!!
could God have permitted an abortion here.
Chei,how do we manage? tongue
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by gbadex1(m): 2:01am On Aug 03, 2007
@ babyosisi :

abeg don't answer the young 'un. im stil b small pikin. . .
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Dios(f): 5:05am On Aug 03, 2007
babyosisi:

as though you could. grin
As though you didn't know you were born without a working part

That's not what you said when u were sucking on it and showing love to the twins grin

Gbade X, you need to see way out of our conversation, d#ck in the booty hole nigga.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2007
gbade. x:

@ babyosisi :

abeg don't answer the young 'un. im stil b small pikin. . .

mama dios cry cry cry cry cry cry grin
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Hazeleyed(f): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2007
i thot this forum was for the holy pass.how una come dey swear like this.even cunt don enter the matter.abegooo.where are the pastors,una no go excommunicate these agents of darkness.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by donnie(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2007
@pilgrim

My dear, the prayer and fasting was not done for demons. They are not the reason we pray and fast.

Then how come about that verse? Please understand something here: We pray and fast some times as an art of worship; or as a sacrifice or to exercise our human spirits so that we are alert to hear exactly what the Spirit is saying. At such times, there is so much unity between the our minds and the mind of the Spirit for the Spirit now has dominion over the flesh(senses). As in the verse you quoted, such demons who may pretend as though they aren't listening or appear to be stubborn are driven out with a Word.

Fasting raises our Spiritual antenae so as to pick clear signals. Jesus did not spend hours fasting and praying for demons but to be strengthened in the inner man so as to fulfil his mission on earth. He interceeded for you and i in prayer.

This new method of spending hours praying about our problems or for our enemies to fall down dead is disturbing to say the least. Yet thy will not spend 30 mins praying for the Lord,s grace n favor in helping them reach the lost, the sick, suffering andĀ  the needy around the world.

And talking about experiencing it first hand, trust me; you are not talking to a novice.
Re: I Want To Know About MFM by Dios(f): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2007
maybe its because when u fast u get hungry and start hallucinating and hearing things.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / Negroes, Negroland And The True Biblical Israelites. / Church Structure & Sole Authority Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.