Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,830 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

My Daughter Has Hair Lice. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Daughter Has Hair Lice. (65828 Views)

Hair Lice / 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair / Ayomikun Juliana: Corper Dies After Applying Sniper to Her Hair To kill Lice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Youngsage: 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
The fact that someone suggested the use of insecticide and you considered it to be an option is scary!

5 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
DennisEche:
[s][/s]
it is high time the mods ban this man from naira land, he is a nuisance here

It's a parody account of the barbecue guy. Someone has opened accounts similar to his probably because they jobless.

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Chiefochiefo(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Not even relaxers can eliminate hair lice. Pls am not talking out of experience o, but the best solution to it is....
Get some camphor, grind it, put the powered into a little container of kerosene, then rob to wet the hair a little, make sure it reaches the down of hair. Cover with scaf over night. U can also do it during the day.

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by midnighter(f): 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Get lice shampoo and a nit comb from the pharmacist

Do not put insecticide on your child's scalp! Nna ehn!! shocked

And relaxer is poisonous too...no need for that

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crystalclara:
Good day everyone.

Please, my daughter has been itching her hair for some days. I just got to find out she has hair lice and it has been transferred to her brother. Her hair is neatly cared for so I wonder how she got in contact with this.
I was advised to use insecticide on her hair or use relaxer since it's a virgin hair.
Has anyone ever experience this?
How did you go about it.

Please I need your suggestions to get rid of this thing completely.

Whatever you do don't use insecticide unless you want to kill her along with the lice.

8 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Mamakimy97: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omg..im having same issue here
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jestin:
It is currently trending. My daughter got it too and i took her to the barber’s saloon to give her a clean shave.
simple solution. Cut off the hair

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
If your daughter has grown up to a school age, its easy to get lice infestation even bed bugs because kids easily meangle with one another while in school, without taking any extra caution. She must have gotten it from one of her mates in school. The class teacher should be alerted immediately all round treatment must be carried out on all the pupils in that class because lice and bugs spread like wildfire. They lay eggs in thousands

4 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnnn

A real niggarrr is flabbergasted and astonished
the real niggar....I troway salute
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Uhonmulabge: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hello, I read through your complaint above and l advice you don't use that chemical. If you remember what happen to that under graduate that applied insecticide on her head for the same problem and the lady died because she covered her head throughout the night. Please, get a wider consultation before you apply any chemical. Madam, you can simply shave the hair and wash it with soap if there is no other harmless chemical to use . Stay bless and Jesus loves!

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by dazzlingd(m): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
U want to use insecticides?? If your daughter runs mad now, u will be blaming witches....

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by imitateMe(m): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by femi4: 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crystalclara:
Good day everyone.

Please, my daughter has been itching her hair for some days. I just got to find out she has hair lice and it has been transferred to her brother. Her hair is neatly cared for so I wonder how she got in contact with this.
I was advised to use insecticide on her hair or use relaxer since it's a virgin hair.
How did you go about it.

Use kerosene and camphor
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by thundafire: 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
How will dey advice u on Insecticide s dey person crazy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Sparkle777(f): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jestin:
It is currently trending. My daughter got it too and i took her to the barber’s saloon to give her a clean shave.

Gbaamsolutely, this is the best option. Pls don't use insecticide or any chemicals. Shave off every hair,let that precious child breathe.

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Manup247: 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Onions are enriched with sulfur which is a known ingredient for killing lice. Blend some fresh onion 2 or 3 is enough. Filter & apply the juice on her scalp and massage it for 2 minutes, make sure it does not get into her eyes. After that, shower cap her hair for 30 minutes.

Rinsing with warm water without shampoo and dry with a fresh towel. Sterilized her combs, towel, pillow case, bed spread. This is how I fought my daughter's hair lice few years ago.

Just 2 days ago I helped my neighbour to get rid of hair lice bothering her daughter. Now, she's fine and happy. Do it & thank me later.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by midnighter(f): 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
Chiefochiefo:
Not even relaxers can eliminate hair lice. Pls am not talking out of experience o, but the best solution to it is....
Get some camphor, grind it, put the powered into a little container of kerosene, then rob to wet the hair a little, make sure it reaches the down of hair. Cover with scaf over night. U can also do it during the day.

Camphor (naphthalene) causes cancer and liver damage

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Bbbwings: 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ashawopapa001:
Just cut off the damn hair undecided
Abi o

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by anenymasng(m): 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
Adenle041:
Though I do not have solution to the lice problem in the hair, but I strongly advice not to use insecticides because the insecticide will get into the blood stream. I once applied insecticide on my dog body why I notice lice. The dog got killed through that.

I killed my dog this same way back then. I cry tire that day as the dog just dey comot spit fgot mouth waiting for death.

Op please dont use insecticide on her biko

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by importnobl: 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
I fought and conquered this war in the past.
These are the options ranging from the most effective to the least.

1.Kerosene + Camphor+ hot hair dryer
(Wash her hair with kerosene mixed with camphor. Comb out her hair section by section with that blue comb with tiny teeth and tail(nit comb)so that the eggs, deadlice and crawling ones comes off. Immediately after rinsing out, take her to a salon to use their hot hair dryer. If not lice infestation will reoccur, because heat eliminates the thousands of eggs on your kid's head
Caution: Kerosense is madly harsh on the scalp, it gives a very serious burning sensation so just hurry up with that but be thorough and be careful your kid doesn't ingest it.[color=#990000][/color]

2.Use relaxer and dry with hot air.

3. Immerse every strand of hair hair in shear butter and comb EVERY SINGLE STRAND of her head from scalp to hair tip with a NIT comb then use hot hair dryer and finally recomb i mean every hair strand.

After you have done ANY one of these options, make sure the clothings your kids came in contact with receive holy hot water wash, if not the entire family is about to carry lice wherever hair is present in the body grin shocked

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Babatoxx: 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
SIMPLE & CHEAP TREATMENT
Buy black native soap (yorubas call ose dudu) not Dudu osun.
Take a bit of it and rub it thoroughly into the hair & scalp with water until it forms lather(foam) and leave for 30 mins. to dry, then wash off.
The good thing about this treatment is that you don’t need to cut the hair or apply any chemical.
To be doubly sure of completely killing the lice repeat once a week. Thank me later cos it is tested and trusted.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Adabekee04(f): 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ooh! Mayonnaise is the solution. Massage the mayonnaise all over her hair, cover for 30 minutes and comb it out, repeat every day until the lice disappears, you can adopt that as a preventive measure once in awhile.
Don't forget to hot wash the beddings and hair combs
Try this it really worked on my Goddaughter.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by 1Sharon(f): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
Chiefochiefo:

And why all this when you can shave it?

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by princessdoyenne(f): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
My nieces got hair lice from School and I got it too.

Mine was so serious that I could Mother and Father Lice falling down from my hair.

First, I relaxed the hair. I left the relaxer on for a long time. Make sure the relaxer is applied from scalp to tip.

Then I washed with Tea tree shampoo and conditioner.

I combed it and generously applied Vaseline. Then i covered it with plastic bag and wig cap for it to steam.

The next day, I applied cream too and allowed it steam very well.

Then I blewdry it. The heat was high, to kill all remaining lice and weaken the nit.

I'll wash and blow dry the hair next week again to get rid of any stray nit that may hatch.

Also buy a nit comb, apply conditioner and comb her hair section by section. Buy tea tree oil too.

It may take a long time to get it all over.

And it may be take a month to win this battle.

Then wash everything that touched her hair with hot water. You don't need to fumigate your house. Lice dies when it is not on human head.

Keep her away from school for some days.

But if it will prove to be a long process, barb her and start all over.

The process of getting rid of the lice can frustrate your daughter.

Even me, I cried on Sunday oo. Just the discomfort alone was enough to make me cry.

She may also lose a lot of hair if you decide to get rid of it.

Good luck.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by edobalo: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
shave the hair and wash with kerosene.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by saology(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please kindly follow this link and watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBL0VxJyfI
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Enosampson: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
Pls don't use insecticide my sister had this last month the solution is aboniki balm
apply it generous on her hair and use your bonnet or shower cap wait for an hour, repet morning and evening for 3days. And she's free,, immediately you apply the balm you'll see the dead ones falling out. Thank me later

I REPEAT DON'T USE INSECTICIDE REMEMBER THAT CORPER THAT DIED
GOOD LUCK

Note : you don't need to relax her hair my sister had Virgin hair

CAMPHOR IS THE MOST ACTIVE INGREDIENT THAT KILLS LICE AND CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN ABONIKI BALM

Crystalclara:
Good day everyone.

How did you go about it.

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by juman(m): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
Dont use sniper o.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Ginaz(f): 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
What are the symptoms of hair lice in your hair if I may ask? sad
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crystalclara:
Good day everyone.

How did you go about it.

Will advise you ,Pls avoid using insecticide on her head pls oo. Air pores on her head can transport that chemical into her blood stream pls dont cause another injury to this issue oo. Candid advice!

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by SendAbroad: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crystalclara:
Good day everyone.

How did you go about it.

Take her to the Salon, give her skin cut.

Wash and treat her scalp at the Salon.

Make sure all her clothes are well dusted off so that you don't take any nits back in her clothing's before she leaves that salon. Those things are stubborn.

When you get home, check all her beddings, clothes, Combs etc.. disinfect everywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Must NEVER Shave Your Anal Hair (strong Language) / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) / Doctor Uses Slippers As A Neck Collar To Save Accident Victim(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.