Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? (1873 Views)

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' / Can I Fight This Now Or Wait Till The Baby Is Grown? / Come Share Your Biggest Problem, Challenge Or Source Of Depression! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Olofin2(m): 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
H

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by prospero5(m): 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
my brother, find one chilled beer drink first. Las las, you go dey ok
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crackhaus, cum and see something sad
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by GOFRONT(m): 6:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
It is like your wife doesn't stay in Nigeria....If she does, how come she has refused to key into the latest Most lucrative business in town with you?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Olofin2(m): 6:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
GOFRONT:
It is like your wife doesn't stay in Nigeria....If she does, how come she has refused to key into the latest Most lucrative business in town with you?

She's in Nigeria. I'm not doing this for the money, though money returns is guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by healthserve(m): 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
Drop your self prescription now and go seek answers from elders in the ministry. Many times when women are this way, you won't have headway in ministry o. Its multiple faceted and the case and effect spills in multiple directions

I spoke to my mentors countless times on the path to marriage. My brother did you honor God by consulting him before marriage? I dropped a Canadian good looking , good mannered lady on the path to ministry, dropped over 15 ladies.

Did you go in with your emotions leaving God behind hoping the marriage would just fix itself?

To have peace, navigate the path properly, go and speak with your mentors. Many ministers have married women with familiar spirits but never knew. Red flag one : As a minister, you're supposed to marry a woman with desire.thirst for God and spirituality that matches yours. If a woman shrugs from Spiritual activities, many times there are influenced from external forces you don't know o. I told you.

Go and seek property matured counselling from your higher ups. And please if you love God, make sure from today, divorce enters your choices as a panacea to the tug war. Cause its obviously ministry or me, now. Its not a forming face for me issue. So better make the choice now you're still young.

Warning : If you divorce, never marry a woman without consulting God first. Its not she's good now, but what she's capable of becoming that should be considered much more than other things with women getting married to ministers.

I speak to you as a brother that if God and the kingdom matters to you, then stop treating it with soft gloves and start taking it as your assignment to get to the bottom of the issue.

Cc Jesusjnr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by vastolord4(m): 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
My brother! Hustle for more members and bring the offering cash home regularly.. she will begin to dress you up for church.. always pray too
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by crackhaus: 7:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
Guest007:
Sometimes we have to put out dreams away for a little bit in order to take care of those who are our responsibility. You're wife and kids are your responsibility. Put your dreams on hold and build your home and your dreams will be here waiting for you. What other options do you have? Leave your home and family and follow your dreams? That's the other option for you.

Crackhaus, cum and see something sad
When God called Moses, he left Zipporah and went into Egypt to do the Lord's work because she wasn't particularly supportive.
By the time he returned to the land of Midian with over 3million of the Israelites, she became a believer in his ministry.

Oga Olofin2, if you are truly called into the ministry. Your wife's heart will eventually be turned around and even you will marvel as to how it happened.
That's all I can tell you.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
crackhaus:

When God called Moses, he left Zipporah and went into Egypt to do the Lord's work because she wasn't particularly supportive.
By the time he returned to midian with over 3million of the Israelites, she became a believer in his ministry.

Oga Olofin2, if you are truly called into the ministry. Your wife's heart will eventually be turned around and even you will marvel as to how it happened.
That's all I can tell you.

In 2019... This is your advice sad

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by crackhaus: 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
Guest007:

Does God change?

You didn't see the 3million Israelites Moses brought back? cheesy
In 2019, that would be 3million in currency

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by nlPoster: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
I'd like the opinions of the atheists, satanists, non Christians, hostile persons, witches, wizards, etc who constitute the majority of nlers or what other reason could the OP and his/ilk have for bringing this matter?
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Izzyovercomer: 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
healthserve:
Drop your self prescription now and go seek answers from elders in the ministry. Many times when women are this way, you won't have headway in ministry o. Its multiple faceted and the case and effect spills in multiple directions

I spoke to my mentors countless times on the path to marriage. My brother did you honor God by consulting him before marriage? I dropped a Canadian good looking , good mannered lady on the path to ministry, dropped over 15 ladies.

Did you go in with your emotions leaving God behind hoping the marriage would just fix itself?

To have peace, navigate the path properly, go and speak with your mentors. Many ministers have married women with familiar spirits but never knew. Red flag one : As a minister, you're supposed to marry a woman with desire.thirst for God and spirituality that matches yours. If a woman shrugs from Spiritual activities, many times there are influenced from external forces you don't know o. I told you.

Go and seek property matured counselling from your higher ups. And please if you love God, make sure from today, divorce enters your choices as a panacea to the tug war. Cause its obviously ministry or me, now. Its not a forming face for me issue. So better make the choice now you're still young.

Warning : If you divorce, never marry a woman without consulting God first. Its not she's good now, but what she's capable of becoming that should be considered much more than other things with women getting married to ministers.

I speak to you as a brother from my Spiritual office that if God and the kingdom matters to you, then stop treating it with soft gloves and start taking it as your assignment to get to the bottom of the issue.

Cc Jesusjnr

Wooooow! You nailed it. Just follow this advice religiously.
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Izzyovercomer: 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Guest007:

Are you his wife? So he should please his b wife instead of God Almighty?
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Izzyovercomer: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
Guest007:

Are you his wife? So he should please his b wife instead of God Almighty?
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by drmikeadams(m): 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
Olofin2:
When it comes to talents, my major talent is oratory. I'm so good in this that it seems like my life wire. Whenever I make a speech, especially in the church, big pastors and anyone listening are usually dumbfounded.

Now in 2019, I became a pastor. But my wife doesn't want me to become a pastor. She doesn't want to be moving from one town to the other as pastors usually get transferred. She refused to move with me and I still allowed her to stay behind.

What my church did is that, after ordination, they told us to go to certain towns to look for suitable places and start churches there. They are to pay for everything needed. But once they paid for the church building, they neglected us and are always on our necks for progress reports. No salary is coming after months. My wife kept laughing at me. I'm still making money from other things which I'm using to sustain the family. So recently, people started trooping to the church en masse without my physical efforts. I told my wife of the new development. Since then, she has been moody. Last week she asked, "so, you're not going to resign whether they pay you or not?" I told her I'm not going to resign. Note that they are still going to sack me if they discover that my wife has not joined me already.

She has withdrawn her friendly face which I counted as a little support. If I get kicked out of this ministry thing, I don't think I can ever find joy in anything else. You may say I married a wrong woman. But she's a strong Christian, but of a different church and she hates my church's doctrines. Also, what I'm doing currently to support the family is a part time job that will soon elapse.

Don't say I should pray. I pray more than you can think of.
grin grin

In your last paragraph ,me and u can agree that prayer is a waste of time grin. Meaning we should be practical in advising u and not telling u to pray more?
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Oriyomin25(m): 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
GOFRONT:
grin grin grin grin grin Alaye ma pami na.
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
Olofin2:
When it comes to talents, my major talent is oratory. I'm so good in this that it seems like my life wire. Whenever I make a speech, especially in the church, big pastors and anyone listening are usually dumbfounded.

Now in 2019, I became a pastor. But my wife doesn't want me to become a pastor. She doesn't want to be moving from one town to the other as pastors usually get transferred. She refused to move with me and I still allowed her to stay behind.

What my church did is that, after ordination, they told us to go to certain towns to look for suitable places and start churches there. They are to pay for everything needed. But once they paid for the church building, they neglected us and are always on our necks for progress reports. No salary is coming after months. My wife kept laughing at me. I'm still making money from other things which I'm using to sustain the family. So recently, people started trooping to the church en masse without my physical efforts. I told my wife of the new development. Since then, she has been moody. Last week she asked, "so, you're not going to resign whether they pay you or not?" I told her I'm not going to resign. Note that they are still going to sack me if they discover that my wife has not joined me already.

She has withdrawn her friendly face which I counted as a little support. If I get kicked out of this ministry thing, I don't think I can ever find joy in anything else. You may say I married a wrong woman. But she's a strong Christian, but of a different church and she hates my church's doctrines. Also, what I'm doing currently to support the family is a part time job that will soon elapse.
First off, I would like to let you know that what you're going through is not exclusive to you, for it seems to come with the kind of job you do, so do not feel that you're alone in this.

I remember recently citing the example of Job's wife who advised him to "curse God and die" at a point when he needed her support the most, after someone brought up the matter of Kanye and Kim his wife with respect to her being on a different path to him, to show that even some of the truest men of God could yet have devils as wives.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that the marriage would not work out and end in divorce, as despite what the wife of Job did, their marriage yet survived the difficult time, and produced other children afterwards.

That brings me to this very crucial question, are you sure you are were God wants you to be?

In my own opinion, everything hinges on the answer to that question, because if you are absolutely sure that you are where God wants you to be, and not where you want to be, or where you think God wants you to be because it's a church, then everything thing else takes second place.

The reason for this emphasis is because if you're were God wants you to be, that means that God would be with you, and to me that's the most important thing of all.

So if that has been established, I would ask you to plead with your wife, I mean, even if it takes for you to go on your knees and beg her to support you, please do it. And also ask God to help you to convince her, so that she can continue with you while you do His work.

The reason I asked you to go to that extent, is because i believe that that marriage is supposed to be "till death do the couple part", so divorce should be the absolute last option when every other option has been exhausted.

So if after you'd done everything you possibly could to convince her, and she still doesn't accept, ask God to guide you on what next step to take, because although man is not qualified to put asunder what God has joined together, God is.

So that's if you're absolutely sure you are where God wants you to be, but if not, then it's possible that she's right, that you're not supposed to be there, and that God may have used her to bring this to your knowledge, for that also happens.

That was how God used Abraham's wife to let him know that it was time for Hagar and Ishmael to depart his house, even though the action of Sarah displeased Abraham greatly.

Bottom line, just ensure that whatever decision you make is backed by God, and for if that happens He'd surely see you through.

I would also be praying for you so that God would make a way for you in your situation.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
crackhaus:

Does God change?

You didn't see the 3million Israelites Moses brought back? cheesy
In 2019, that would be 3million in currency

No, you're right, great advice... He should have posted this in the religious section because I thought he wanted family advice. I've taken back my 2 cents and we're going with yours grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
healthserve:

I speak to you as a brother from my Spiritual office that if God and the kingdom matters to you, then stop treating it with soft gloves and start taking it as your assignment to get to the bottom of the issue.

Cc Jesusjnr
I commend your effort to help your brother out.

May i digress a lil bit and ask what are we counting down to, if you don't mind?

Thanks.
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:12am On Nov 06, 2019
I decided to drop my comments since no one has asked you two very important questions.
1. Did you tell your wife during courtship that you may join the ministry fully?
2. Have you asked your wife to say exactly what her fears are concerning the ministry?

Hope you are aware that gone are the days ladies
had deep respect/love for the ministry, and craved to marry pastors. This days women respect God personally, and are skeptical of their husbands joining the ministry. Don't be quick to suspect her of being an evil woman. Personally I believe in God Almighty, but I would be worried about having anything to do with a pastor because of how the ministries have turned out these days.

TRY AND FIND OUT HER FEARS, THEN MAKE PROMISES TO COUNTER HER FEARS. If you make promises with good points to counter her fears, I believe she will join you. Plead with her and be patient.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Omojudy: 5:46am On Nov 06, 2019
Olofin2:

No one wants to say the obvious so I will say it.
You were wrong to have gone into ministry without your wife’s consent, she owns you once you have become her husband. And like my pastor Pastor Sam Adeyemi will say, marriage and family come first even before ministry. Remember ministry ie full time pastoring is not the same as serving God. You are being selfish if because you are focusing on maximizing your skills anywhich way above your marriage. If your marriage crash, even the ministry may abandon you unto divorced pastor.
Brother go home and apologize to your wife. Discuss with her and ask her what she would prefer you do. Remember you were not a Pastor when you met her. I am also sure that if you think hard enough, you can see avenues of using your talent in Godly ways that won’t disrupt the stability of your home.
God bless you as you become more selfless to the needs of your wife and family.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 06, 2019
You should've looked into your religious compatibility [you said she "hates" your Church's doctrines] + discuss your future ambitions before getting married [suddenly expecting her to leave her hometown to another town for you to start a Church isn't fair to her].

The motivation to become a Pastor should have less to do with you (e.g. showcasing your oratory skills, making a name for yourself, etc), but more with God. You've to be called to pastoral ministry and your desire should be HOLY (1Timothy 3:1) - with the passion for the glory of Christ at the forefront. Be honest w| yourself and determine if your reason for doing this is a holy one.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by OmalichaJesus(f): 10:02am On Nov 06, 2019
You are very wrong sir.
Very very wrong

healthserve:

Cc Jesusjnr
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by OmalichaJesus(f): 10:07am On Nov 06, 2019
Very well said.
I respect your wisdom sir

jesusjnr:
First off, I would like to let you know that what you're going through is not exclusive to you, for it seems to come with the kind of job you do, so do not feel that you're alone in this.

I remember recently citing the example of Job's wife who advised him to "curse God and die" at a point when he needed her support the most, after someone brought up the matter of Kanye and Kim his wife with respect to her being on a different path to him, to show that even some of the truest men of God could yet have devils as wives.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that the marriage would not work out and end in divorce, as despite what the wife of Job did, their marriage yet survived the difficult time, and produced other children afterwards.

That brings me to this very crucial question, are you sure you are were God wants you to be?

In my own opinion, everything hinges on the answer to that question, because if you are absolutely sure that you are where God wants you to be, and not where you want to be, or where you think God wants you to be because it's a church, then everything thing else takes second place.

The reason for this emphasis is because if you're were God wants you to be, that means that God would be with you, and to me that's the most important thing of all.

So if that has been established, I would ask you to plead with your wife, I mean, even if it takes for you to go on your knees and beg her to support you, please do it. And also ask God to help you to convince her, so that she can continue with you while you do His work.

The reason I asked you to go to that extent, is because i believe that that marriage is supposed to be "till death do the couple part", so divorce should be the absolute last option when every other option has been exhausted.

So if after you'd done everything you possibly could to convince her, and she still doesn't accept, ask God to guide you on what next step to take.

That's if you're absolutely sure you are where God wants you to be, but if not, then it's possible that she's right, that you're not supposed to be there, and that God may have used her to bring this to your knowledge, for that also happens.

That was how God used Abraham's wife to let him know that it was time for Hagar and Ishmael to depart his house, even though the action of Sarah displeased Abraham greatly.

Bottom line, just ensure that whatever decision you make is backed by God, and for if that happens He'd surely see you through.

I would also be praying for you so that God would make a way for you in your situation.

God bless.
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Chubhie: 10:16am On Nov 06, 2019
Please bear in mind that as the congregation grows and becomes profitable, The leadership will transfer you to another town or village to start another branch.

Your wife is not the devil. She's an angel warning you of impending disaster.
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by healthserve(m): 11:08am On Nov 06, 2019
OmalichaJesus:
You are very wrong sir.
Very very wrong

Na so

# Ayo Baba lola
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by healthserve(m): 11:14am On Nov 06, 2019
jesusjnr:
I commend your effort to help your brother out.

May i digress a lil bit and ask what are we counting down to, if you don't mind?

Thanks.

My brother in the Lord. Countdown to leaving Nairaland and the entire Nigerian cyberspace

I bless the Lord for Kanye, ive been having deep feeling that the Lord wants to enter into the kardashian family and have been probing how the Lord wants to/will do it. I bless God for Kanye and his family. I bless God as this is a big win for the kingdom. I only hope the wife is supportive and begins to gradually make a change leaning towards the kingdom.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by healthserve(m): 11:22am On Nov 06, 2019
Izzyovercomer:

Wooooow! You nailed it. Just follow this advice religiously.

wink
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Kendumazy(m): 11:44am On Nov 06, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2019
Didn't you both talk about your passions and future aspirations whilst dating? Cos it seems like you both can't agree on this. More so, as both of you are very self centered.

I don't know what to advise, because the foundation is somehow and you both are uncompromising. Hence, I wish you the best.
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
healthserve:

My brother in the Lord. Countdown to leaving Nairaland and the entire Nigerian cyberspace

I bless the Lord for Kanye, ive been having deep feeling that the Lord wants to enter into the kardashian family and have been probing how the Lord wants/will do it. I bless God for Kanye and his family. I bless God as this is a big win for the kingdom. I only hope the wife is supportive and begins to gradually make a change leaning towards the kingdom.
Lol!

That's a complete shutdown. Hope it's worth it though, but I trust you know what's best for you.

Concerning the Kardashians, kudos to you for foreseeing it, because I didn't, and I must also admit that Kim has hence proved me wrong, because I never expected that she would have supported him to this extent, therefore so far, so good.

Yes, it's a huge huge win for the Kingdom of God, and I believe Kanye needs our prayers, because i expect a strong reaction from the devil.

But I know that God who has begun this good work in him is more than able to complete it.

Thanks bro and God bless.
Re: How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
OmalichaJesus:
Very well said.
I respect your wisdom sir

That's good to know because it comes from the Lord.

Thanks and have a blessed day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marry Someone With Glaucoma? / My Wife Doesn't Want Me Keeping Female Friends / My Boyfriend's Father And Step-Sisters Are Against Our Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.