Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London (61642 Views)

Breaking News: ABBA Kyari Takes Down His Verified Facebook Page! / Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement / Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by BreconHills(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2019
masseratti:
the incidence you quoted on the aircraft carrier, question is... Is the aircraft carrier in another sovereign territorial waters? No, is it a law? No, on board airforce one..
Tell me which president has signed a bill or a law on the airforce one? Question is how did the bill got to the airforce one from the capitol him biko?

I find it humorous when a person tries to obscure an already answered question by throwing out other questions out of desperation. Its like shooting at a stealth fighter with local dane guns.

Let me answer you directly. The Nigerian embassy where the President signed the bill or any other property owned by the FGN abroad and used for consular or diplomatic (noncommercial) purposes is NOT Nigeria but is TREATED as sovereign property under international law. The host country cannot even enter it to put out a fire. Please see The Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. One example is Julian Assage of Wiki Leaks who has hung out in the Ecuadorian embassy in England for several years to avoid extradition to Sweden for sex charges. Sweden would likely extradite him to their country and the US to wants to try him for leaking classified US documents. So he is staying put in the Ecuadorian embassy because once he sets foot out of the embassy onto English soil he will be arrested and extradited to Sweden. In the Embassy, he is untouchable.

The signature of a bIll in the Nigerian Embassy is also not illegal per the Nigerian Constitution. The rules of logic say two opposing facts cannot be equally true. So if the constitution of Nigeria does not expressly forbid the signing of a bill in a Nigerian Embassy or aborad the Presidential plane it cannot be held to be illegal.

Please note that I am not one that continues the argument in the name of some machismo male type. If you want me to keep replying to you, please supply contrary international law constructs or interpretations. I cant continue educating you forever. Unless I see that you have put some intellectual rigor unto your answer, I will regard the case as closed.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by Leeprince: 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2019
Thank God they didn't chose this man to be a Yoruba leader!
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by hush15: 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2019
donbachi:
If him action gud for GOD eyes....who come be me na.

Of course, it will be good afterall, should he be president, that's how he will be running Nigeria too. Mind you, he is running Lagos from anywhere in the world moreover
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by CoolAmbience(m): 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
Monogamy:
Travel all the away from Nigeria to sign a bill in London..

How many protocols travel with Kyari?
Is the money for the itinerary from their personal pockets?

This is cluelessness

It is people like you that travel even farther distance just to be with a woman.

So, travelling to London to sign into law a bill that will earn Nigeria over $1.7billion in the next two years is a clueless thing to do abi?

I bet you don't even know the meaning of the word 'clueless'.

How much does it cost to travel to the UK from Nigeria?

With all the sense you claim to have, you couldn't rationalize that allowing the VP to sign the bill where the president isn't on vacation amounted to unconstitutionality.

It is people like you that believe 'private visit' to be vacation.

Educated illiterate!
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by Charly68: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
Tinubu comments is sacrilegious
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by ABCHDE: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
[s]
post=83786134:
God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by oiekcbgfryryt: 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
( VIdeo) African maid being fuc*ked by her boss For 12 Hrs Still Want More after the wife leaves(Video)

This black maid got her self on the wrong side after her boss came home and found her all alone. He always wished to fu*ck her since she had a hot booty and a sexy body that always left him turned on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by Btruth: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
not surprised at all. I did not expect any good statements from him either. Bloody Judas to the Yoruba race.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by Bluntemperor: 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2019
What is Tinubu saying? That nothing is wrong for an unelected perso(Kyari) to be embarking on a journey not sponsored by shareholders? No wander we have political rascality all over Nigerians.Anyway,personal Interest of politicians is better served in this Country than public interest,yet the latter is more glorious than the former.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by allstarfestus: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2019
Oga Brown teeth we know ur target, we know even if they sell it Yeriba brothers to Fulanis u go still commend Buhari, see what selfishness has turned u into.....anyway we know you can sell the own generation of yoruba , just to become president , but ..unfortunately for you the the hausa's , the ibo's and even majority of the yoruba's ... knows you ...and will never allow you to be the president ..,
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by NGpatriot: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2019
Monogamy:

This is cluelessness

You forgot to ask the most important question.

Why was the sky blue and why take a plane instead of driving.

You people ask the dumbest questions..
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by pipeliner: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
Just saving his thin skin. LOL
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by Advocate500: 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
post=83783967:
The koko be say, this BILL that will move the nation forward has been signed by our darling President.

WTF, is wrong with wailers and the enemies of the nation about who took it to the president to sign?
Why are these people just mad and stupid unnecessary?

We are 100% sure that over 90% of these criminals crying do not even know what the bill entails.
All they are after is to cause rift between Baba and Prof for their selfish political interest come 2023.

Bunch of criminals.
I thought this government is trying to save cost? In one hand promoting leakages, someone travel to London just to sign documents, this is ridiculous and absurd, whating is really going on with ur brain ?
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by Cherez: 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
post=83783979:

This is all that matters.
But the criminals that want to ruin this country , along with their supporters, forming fake love for our STARBOY will always be negative to every situation in their miserable lives.
Miserable people everywhere.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they are doing all they can to make this once battered and raped nation work again.

God bless Nigeria.

If it was PDP?!
Imagine talk o!
Who even remembers the name of the functionless, unproductive, slow VP of the INEFFECTUAL BUFFON anymore?
Somebody that was the VP for 6 whole years without any single thing to show or do!
Una go just dey type anyhow sha!

U no go just lie down for ur mat jejely sha Devilhimself, Olanipekun, satan etc.....

waiting for your usual GBAS-GBOS,

Oya take am kiddo..... 
Imagine a so called citizen claiming others hate PMB while his abi her own bike is spilling on the floor.
You lots called GEJ all the names in this world and you're still repeating it all cos of hate for his region which feeds you and your ilk.
Your joy is that you're part of those enjoying the loots.
Hope youre getting enough and not the crumbs?
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by Timatayo1: 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
Because of his ambitions
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by VessyO: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
He has now become the Presidential spokesman. His master's voice. Who corrupt pass am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by CioAngels(f): 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
Hmm, Mr Tinubu? How sad.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by juszoe82: 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
When will all this fools that we call leader in this country will stop supporting evil and stand for what is right?.

Must they eat shit just because they want to be in power or avoid investigated for their atrocities.

Is better for them to shut their mouth up than to praise something that is wrong. Nigeria have seen the worst leaders in history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by coolitempa(f): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2019
What Buhari did is by the law even if not ideal. There is nothing constitutionally wrong with Buhari signing a bill wherever he is, after all he is the president. By signing that bill at the cost of Kyari’s flight of maybe £10,000 he signed the apSC bill which saved Nigeria over £80,000,000. God bless Buhari for his diligence in this matter.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by masseratti: 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
BreconHills:

I find it humorous when a person tries to obscure an already answered question by throwing out other questions out of desperation. Its like shooting at a stealth fighter with local dane guns.

Let me answer you directly. The Nigerian embassy where the President signed the bill or any other property owned by the FGN abroad and used for consular or diplomatic (noncommercial) purposes is NOT Nigeria but is TREATED as sovereign property under international law. The host country cannot even enter it to put out a fire. Please see The Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. One example is Julian Assage of Wiki Leaks who has hung out in the Ecuadorian embassy in England for several years to avoid extradition to Sweden for sex charges. Sweden would likely extradite him to their country and the US to wants to try him for leaking classified US documents. So he is staying put in the Ecuadorian embassy because once he sets foot out of the embassy onto English soil he will be arrested and extradited to Sweden. In the Embassy, he is untouchable.

The signature of a bIll in the Nigerian Embassy is also not illegal per the Nigerian Constitution. The rules of logic say two opposing facts cannot be equally true. So if the constitution of Nigeria does not expressly forbid the signing of a bill in a Nigerian Embassy or aborad the Presidential plane it cannot be held to be illegal.

Please note that I am not one that continues the argument in the name of some machismo male type. If you want me to keep replying to you, please supply contrary international law constructs or interpretations. I cant continue educating you forever. Unless I see that you have put some intellectual rigor unto your answer, I will regard the case as closed.
the question is very simple, tell me any country that has signed any law in an embassy, a treaty can be signed anywhere, and a treaty is not a law, a treaty still need to be domesticated, mine is simple and simple, no need for an epistle.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by masseratti: 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
iyatrustee:

Lets not muddle thing up sir. Our laws did a disservice by not specifying the place of assent before a Bill is validly passed and until this lacuna is properly addressed, this might not be a Sacrilege just yet like you are positing.

No, National assembly cannot sit in the US and make laws for us because the process and different stages of passing a bill is clearly spelt out and different from the president assenting to a bill.

The duties of the Vice President are complimentary in nature, hence he can only act as much as his principal allows him to. That said, Unless he has been fully assigned by the president to act on his behalf for the period he will be away, a Vice Presidential assent cannot validly bring a law into effect.
there is no lacuna here, it just doesn't happen, that's why they writers of the law didn't bother to put it in, it's a sacrilege.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by leokid866: 6:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
Monogamy:

This is cluelessness

Oga Hush.....take a seat....your elders are talking....Stop interrupting and just Listen
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by leokid866: 6:16pm On Nov 07, 2019
Racoon:
This man will just say/do anything to please his hausa-fulani feudalist Lords because of his alleged presidential ambition or perhaps the bullion vans in Bourdillion scandal.

Meaning, Tinubu continues to support anything that humiliate Osinbajo even as the presidency cabal continue their onslaught.
https://dailynigerian.com/exclusive-buhari-fires-35-aides-in-osinbajos-office/

A sincere question I want to ask Tinubu is that would the hausa-fulani cabal in this govt have tolerated this humiliation under any guise were the reversal the case?

Same goes for you...Hush and take a seat.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by leokid866: 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
nero2face:
Oga Brown teeth we know ur target, we know even if they sell ur Yeriba brothers to Fulanis u go still commend Buhari, see what selfishness has turned u into

You mean like your forefathers sold their brothers? Hush....take a seat....respect your elders.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by BreconHills(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
masseratti:
the question is very simple, tell me any country that has signed any law in an embassy, a treaty can be signed anywhere, and a treaty is not a law, a treaty still need to be domesticated, mine is simple and simple, no need for an epistle.

Then let me also keep it simple
1. The Nigerian constitution does not forbid the President signing a bill outside the country. If you can find such a clause do let me know. Two opposing facts cannot be equally true.
2. Obama did more. While he was outside the country, a bill was signed using the auto pen technology. He did this over 10 times before leaving office https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/11/20/white-house-aides-use-autopen-sign-highway-bill-while-obama-overseas/76098452/
Obama did not ask the VP to sign, he did not wait to return. He gave instructions from abroad that the autopen be used.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by masseratti: 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
BreconHills:

Then let me also keep it simple
1. The Nigerian constitution does not forbid the President signing a bill outside the country. If you can find such a clause do let me know. Two opposing facts cannot be equally true.
2. Obama did more. While he was outside the country, a bill was signed using the auto pen technology. He did this over 10 times before leaving office https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/11/20/white-house-aides-use-autopen-sign-highway-bill-while-obama-overseas/76098452/
Obama did not ask the VP to sign, he did not wait to return. He gave instructions from abroad that the autopen be used.
good, we are all aware of this, was the bill in Malaysia when it was signed or on us soil?
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by BreconHills(m): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
masseratti:
good, we are all aware of this, was the bill in Malaysia when it was signed or on us soil?

I am also patiently waiting for the clause in the Nigerian Constitution that forbids a bill being signed by the President outside Nigeria; in the air, on land or at sea.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by BreconHills(m): 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
masseratti:

I trust you are aware that under the Acts Authentication Act 1962 there are several steps that must occur after the President has signed a bill.

Article 3(2) A duplicate of the Schedule when passed and signed shall be returned to the Clerk of the National Assemble who shall cause a copy to be published in the Federal Gazette; and the production of a copy of the Federal Gazette containing the Schedule as published shall be conclusive evidence for all purposes.

Article 4(1) The Clerk of the National Assembly shall in each year distinguish between Acts having application throughout the Federation and Acts having application only within the Federal Territory by assigning to them numbers consecutive in each series beginning in each year with the number one, and shall insert the date of commencement or, if the date of commencement is deferred, a reference to the section.

Your distinction between a treaty and a law is razor thin because subsequent steps need to be taken before an Act is enforceable. The Presidents signature while important ( in fact if he does not sign it within 10 days it automatically becomes law) is part of a chain. Obsessing over where a bill was signed is not a concern shared by the writers of the constitution. If you can find clear provisions to the contrary please let me know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? / Bukola Saraki's Sister, Gbemi Mocks Him In A Video. Says He's Currently Losing / Buhari And Osinbajo Spotted On Their First Day In Office In Abuja(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.