Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London (61658 Views)

Breaking News: ABBA Kyari Takes Down His Verified Facebook Page! / Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement / Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by nero2face: 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
leokid866:

You mean like your forefathers sold their brothers? Hush....take a seat....respect your elders.
were I come from we don't respect anything just bcuz of age, we respect who deserves out respect... #yeribaslaves
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by masseratti: 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2019
BreconHills:

I am also patiently waiting for the clause in the Nigerian Constitution that forbids a bill being signed by the President outside Nigeria; in the air, on land or at sea.
you don't need to because no other sovereign have ever done that before.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by masseratti: 8:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
BreconHills:

I trust you are aware that under the Acts Authentication Act 1962 there are several steps that must occur after the President has signed a bill.

Article 3(2) A duplicate of the Schedule when passed and signed shall be returned to the Clerk of the National Assemble who shall cause a copy to be published in the Federal Gazette; and the production of a copy of the Federal Gazette containing the Schedule as published shall be conclusive evidence for all purposes.

Article 4(1) The Clerk of the National Assembly shall in each year distinguish between Acts having application throughout the Federation and Acts having application only within the Federal Territory by assigning to them numbers consecutive in each series beginning in each year with the number one, and shall insert the date of commencement or, if the date of commencement is deferred, a reference to the section.

Your distinction between a treaty and a law is razor thin because subsequent steps need to be taken before an Act is enforceable. The Presidents signature while important ( in fact if he does not sign it within 10 days it automatically becomes law) is part of a chain. Obsessing over where a bill was signed is not a concern shared by the writers of the constitution. If you can find clear provisions to the contrary please let me know.
you are just beating round the bush, talking about steps of what will happen after a bill is signed and where did u get the fact from, that if a president does not sign a bill it becomes a law after 10 days,

Anyway point is, show me where and when a sovereign signs a bill on a foreign soil or an embassy ever anywhere in the world, the bill you said Obama signed was in the US and a machine was used with his approval, they could have easily carried the bill to Malaysia for him to sign, just like Kyari did.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by BreconHills(m): 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
masseratti:
you don't need to because no other sovereign have ever done that before.

Something does not become illegal simply because no one has done it before.

If there is no express term forbidding it, then it can be done. This is a written constitution not a practices and convention constitution. If you cant find it a single article forbidding it, it's simply because it is not illegal.

Dont like it? Then the opposition or a stakeholder like yourself should sue to get the signed act declared null and void? Guess what, no one will do it and that's because they have a better understanding of the constitution than you do.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by BreconHills(m): 9:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
masseratti:
you are just beating round the bush, talking about steps of what will happen after a bill is signed and where did u get the fact from, that if a president does not sign a bill it becomes a law after 10 days,

Anyway point is, show me where and when a sovereign signs a bill on a foreign soil or an embassy ever anywhere in the world, the bill you said Obama signed was in the US and a machine was used with his approval, they could have easily carried the bill to Malaysia for him to sign, just like Kyari did.

You've answered your own question. The reason the autopen was not carried to where Obama was is simply because electronic signatures or mechanical signatures are accepted under US law whereas they are not accepted under the Nigerian Evidence Act or the Authentication Act.

Change the law in Nigeria and the President can use devices like the Autopen.

Until then they can carry it to anywhere that is regarded as Nigerian soil. That's the law until it gets changed.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by leokid866: 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
nero2face:
were I come from we don't respect anything just bcuz of age, we respect who deserves out respect... #yeribaslaves

That reasoning is why your father's failed....and what a shame they passed it on to you to give to your children.....better learn to read Script Lanre.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by nero2face: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
leokid866:

That reasoning is why your father's failed....and what a shame they passed it on to you to give to your children.....better learn to read Script Lanre.
ur reasons for respecting Tiffnubu is same reason ur tribe has remained slaves to Hausas, I shouldn't be exchanging words with u, onye nzuzu
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by leokid866: 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
nero2face:
ur reasons for respecting Tiffnubu is same reason ur tribe has remained slaves to Hausas, I shouldn't be exchanging words with u, onye nzuzu

And yet LAGOS is the richest state in Nigeria....I bet you are in Lagos right now you disrespectfull son of a flame head who sold his sense for a red hat.....
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by meccuno: 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
grin

Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by leokid866: 11:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
meccuno:
grin

NON-NEGOTIABLE
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by masseratti: 8:55am On Nov 08, 2019
BreconHills:

You've answered your own question. The reason the autopen was not carried to where Obama was is simply because electronic signatures or mechanical signatures are accepted under US law whereas they are not accepted under the Nigerian Evidence Act or the Authentication Act.

Change the law in Nigeria and the President can use devices like the Autopen.

Until then they can carry it to anywhere that is regarded as Nigerian soil. That's the law until it gets changed.

haaa... Bros... Its not the autopen we talking about, it's the bill it's self, they could have carried it with their fastest jet to him in Malaysia, they didn't, you know why? It must be signed on American soil, that's the norm anywhere in the world, you can't proclaim a law while you are on a foreign soil period.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by masseratti: 9:01am On Nov 08, 2019
BreconHills:

Something does not become illegal simply because no one has done it before.

If there is no express term forbidding it, then it can be done. This is a written constitution not a practices and convention constitution. If you cant find it a single article forbidding it, it's simply because it is not illegal.

Dont like it? Then the opposition or a stakeholder like yourself should sue to get the signed act declared null and void? Guess what, no one will do it and that's because they have a better understanding of the constitution than you do.

am not an opposition, I detaste PDP with a passion, look at my previous post, I was optimistic about Yar'Adua, he failed us actually before he died, same optimistic about Gej, he failed us too, over optimistic about Buhari he failed us too in his 1st term unfortunately the main opposition candidate would av sold us to eBay, now Buhari is still failing us.

There are so many things that are not expressly written in the constitution, because it's not written does not makes it legal, there is a norm through out the whole wide world, you don't go against it mainly because it's not written in the constitution, what you are saying is akin to the national assembly sitting abroad and making laws for us, it's not done lets call a spade a spade.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by nero2face: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2019
leokid866:

And yet LAGOS is the richest state in Nigeria....I bet you are in Lagos right now you disrespectfull son of a flame head who sold his sense for a red hat.....
Lagos is the richest state doesn't make Yeribas richest people in Nigeria, I said it, the slave is already shifting goalpost, onye Nzuzu come back to the point...slavery Yeribas
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by leokid866: 10:38am On Nov 08, 2019
nero2face:
Lagos is the richest state doesn't make Yeribas richest people in Nigeria, I said it, the slave is already shifting goalpost, onye Nzuzu come back to the point...slavery Yeribas

We are the richest dumb ass....incase you forgot your father's were sold at our ports until the Grand mother of Tinubu(the man who you have no respect for) put a stop to it....if you want to talk slaves look into your father's history.....if you want to talk money come to Lagos we will be happy to show you the way.....but I'm sure your ego will blind you while fanning the flames your father's put on your head....LOL.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by BreconHills(m): 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
masseratti:
haaa... Bros... Its not the autopen we talking about, it's the bill it's self, they could have carried it with their fastest jet to him in Malaysia, they didn't, you know why? It must be signed on American soil, that's the norm anywhere in the world, you can't proclaim a law while you are on a foreign soil period.

And Airforce 1 or the American Embassy in Lagos is not regarded as US soil under international law? Why do host country laws not apply within another countries embassy?

" Even though embassies and consulates are located in another country, they are legally considered territory of the country they represent. So the host country does not have jurisdiction inside the embassy of a foreign country. For example, when Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng was trying to flee politically motivated persecution in China, he fled to the U.S. embassy in Beijing. Chinese officials do not have jurisdiction within the boundaries of the U.S. embassies; for all practical purposes, Mr. Guangcheng was in the United States as long as he was inside the embassy" https://www.diffen.com/difference/Consulate_vs_Embassy

Let's see if this Act gets struck out for illegality. Let's see if anyone actually raises it as a point of order in any of the houses and let's see the outcome of that.

You can question the motive for taking the bill abroad but you cannot question the legality of the Presidents action.in the absence of a clause ruling it out. Unlike The UK Nigerias constitution is codified by a written statute subject to judicial interpretation by the SC.

Again the fact that an event has not happened before does not make it illegal.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by BreconHills(m): 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
masseratti:
am not an opposition, I detaste PDP with a passion, look at my previous post, I was optimistic about Yar'Adua, he failed us actually before he died, same optimistic about Gej, he failed us too, over optimistic about Buhari he failed us too in his 1st term unfortunately the main opposition candidate would av sold us to eBay, now Buhari is still failing us.

There are so many things that are not expressly written in the constitution, because it's not written does not makes it legal, there is a norm through out the whole wide world, you don't go against it mainly because it's not written in the constitution, what you are saying is akin to the national assembly sitting abroad and making laws for us, it's not done lets call a spade a spade.

The bolded is not true. If there are areas of the constitution that are unclear clarification can only come through a bill for constitutional amendment or judicial interpretation. You cannot infer something that is not expressly provided. Once again there is nothing that prevents a bill from being signed by the President outside the country.

The reason why locus is not insisted on anywhere in the world is because there may be situations in which a legal government does not have access to the seat of government either due to an attack by external forces or an internal insurrection. To hold otherwise would mean that a government's authority to act on behalf of it's people can be terminated simply by denying it access to its residence or office. The Nazi supported Vichy government was not regarded as legal simple because it had the accoutrements of power. The crafters of the Nigerian constitution were careful not to hem in the running of the government knowing well that judicial interpretation could produce any adjustments necessary to reflect the common will
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by masseratti: 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2019
BreconHills:

The bolded is not true. If there are areas of the constitution that are unclear clarification can only come through a bill for constitutional amendment or judicial interpretation. You cannot infer something that is not expressly provided. Once again there is nothing that prevents a bill from being signed by the President outside the country.

The reason why locus is not insisted on anywhere in the world is because there may be situations in which a legal government does not have access to the seat of government either due to an attack by external forces or an internal insurrection. To hold otherwise would mean that a government's authority to act on behalf of it's people can be terminated simply by denying it access to its residence or office. The Nazi supported Vichy government was not regarded as legal simple because it had the accoutrements of power. The crafters of the Nigerian constitution were careful not to hem in the running of the government knowing well that judicial interpretation could produce any adjustments necessary to reflect the common will
have stated this before, check my previous post, question is are we at war? Is Buhari government a government in exile? Have you ever heard of a government in exile making laws for its citizenry? Answer is pure no... No government has ever signed a bill outside its soil.. Ever. None.
Re: Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London by masseratti: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
BreconHills:

And Airforce 1 or the American Embassy in Lagos is not regarded as US soil under international law? Why do host country laws not apply within another countries embassy?

" Even though embassies and consulates are located in another country, they are legally considered territory of the country they represent. So the host country does not have jurisdiction inside the embassy of a foreign country. For example, when Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng was trying to flee politically motivated persecution in China, he fled to the U.S. embassy in Beijing. Chinese officials do not have jurisdiction within the boundaries of the U.S. embassies; for all practical purposes, Mr. Guangcheng was in the United States as long as he was inside the embassy" https://www.diffen.com/difference/Consulate_vs_Embassy

Let's see if this Act gets struck out for illegality. Let's see if anyone actually raises it as a point of order in any of the houses and let's see the outcome of that.

You can question the motive for taking the bill abroad but you cannot question the legality of the Presidents action.in the absence of a clause ruling it out. Unlike The UK Nigerias constitution is codified by a written statute subject to judicial interpretation by the SC.

Again the fact that an event has not happened before does not make it illegal.

here we go again... What and what can be done in an embassy is expressly stipulated in international laws... Signing a bill or promulgating a law there is not one of them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari And Osinbajo Spotted On Their First Day In Office In Abuja(photos) / Peter Obi Is The Reason Why Niger Is Mocking Nigeria / #RiversRerun: Betty Apiafi Emerges Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.