Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Effects Of Domestic Violence On Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Effects Of Domestic Violence On Children (258 Views)

Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence / Woman Accuses Her Pastor Husband Of Domestic Violence / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effects Of Domestic Violence On Children by braveAchiever(m): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2019

Kids deserve to grow as kids, with beautiful experiences, memories and should grow as normal kids. As parents, we need to understand that we are the number one set of people our kids see, we are the first mirror they look at. So domestic violence or arguing in front of the kids is something the parents should avoid because it has adverse effects on them much more than we can think off.

Our kids deserve the maximum love and attention they could get so as to grow up the right way and with the right mentality. Domestic violence is a poison that could have everlasting effect on our kids.

When parents fight or have extreme argument and the kids see everything, a message is being passed to their brain. But to what extent will this affect the kids. I guess we should find out.

Effects of domestic Violence on kids

Low self esteem

In one of my Articles, I explain that parents are the number people to either boost or kill the self-value of a child. When Dad beats mom or Mom beats Dad, maybe the parents are having heated argument and the whole house is on fire, the kids get scared.

Some cry because they hate it, it gets them very angry and crazy. Sometimes it makes them feel and think they don’t deserve you. They feel less valued, they are always moody in school and when they are alone, when they go out or in school, they don’t want to come home because the experience they are passing through at home is bigger than their age.

Depressed

Mentally, they are not stable, emotionally they are extremely down. They feel like running away and never coming back. If parents are always arguing, it puts the kids in a state they think to the extreme.

[img]https://thenypost.files./2019/05/depression-children-study.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1&resize=434%2C288[/img]

This usually comes after being depressed, and must have thought of the best possible solution to avoid seeing the same problem again.

Suicide is the most dangerous effect of domestic violence on kids. Recently, a religious man shared with me a story of how he met a teenager on her way to commit suicide. He talked to the teenager and was trying to encourage her to move closer to God.

After a short chat, the girl open up that she’s on her way to kill herself.

Very surprised, this man asked why, because whatever will make a teenager think of suicide must be something bigger what her age could take. Then she opened up “It’s my parents, they are continue reading[b][/b] https://braveachiever.com/effects-of-domestic-violence-on-kids/
Re: Effects Of Domestic Violence On Children by TIGERSKY: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
sad

(1) (Reply)

Toddler Lays Hands And Pray For Mother With So Much Energy And Zeal / Looking For Some Home Remodeling Options / The Hope of A Child In the Hands Of our New generational Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.