Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Advice Needed On A Customer Issue - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice Needed On A Customer Issue (704 Views)

How I Replied A Customer That Promise To Get Back To Me( Read Chat) / Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? / Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On A Customer Issue by creolehunt: 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
So I have a shop where I sell women fashion accessories. I only go there at the close of work each day as the shop is close to my residence.

The issue I have is with some customers who choose to patronize us in company of a tag-along. I have no problem with customers coming in with a friend, parent or sibling, but I certainly have a problem when such tag-alongs try to negatively influence the customer's choice or outrightly stop them from making a purchase.

My sales girl had complained about this severally but just yesterday in my presence this happened. A lady came to the shop with her (elder) sister. The customer picked all that she wanted with the assistance of the sister (with the sister making occasional snide remarks). Her total bill was 23k and she was about to pay. All of a sudden the sister started saying she prefer Turkey wears. Suffice to say, I had told them from the onset that all my goods are US and London. I and the customer kept trying to conVince the sister that these ones are still top-notch, but she kept whining. Eventually, the customer dropped all the goods. I was very pissed off and almost gave her a piece of my mind.
In the past too, a lady came in with her mom, and just as we were bargaining, the next thing I heard from the mom was 'nne bia ka anyi ga tunyere Chikamso' (dear come let's go and patronize Chikamso). That's how the lady left the goods for me and said that the mom will be angry if she doesn't accede.

Please, how do I stop situations like this from happening without rubbing my actual customers the wrong way?

Lalasticlala
Re: Advice Needed On A Customer Issue by Ladylite: 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
creolehunt:
So I have a shop where I sell women fashion accessories. I only go there at the close of work each day as the shop is close to my residence.

The issue I have is with some customers who choose to patronize us in company of a tag-along. I have no problem with customers coming in with a friend, parent or sibling, but I certainly have a problem when such tag-alongs try to negatively influence the customer's choice or outrightly stop them from making a purchase.

My sales girl had complained about this severally but just yesterday in my presence this happened. A lady came to the shop with her (elder) sister. The customer picked all that she wanted with the assistance of the sister (with the sister making occasional snide remarks). Her total bill was 23k and she was about to pay. All of a sudden the sister started saying she prefer Turkey wears. Suffice to say, I had told them from the onset that all my goods are US and London. I and the customer kept trying to conVince the sister that these ones are still top-notch, but she kept whining. Eventually, the customer dropped all the goods. I was very pissed off and almost gave her a piece of my mind.
In the past too, a lady came in with her mom, and just as we were bargaining, the next thing I heard from the mom was 'nne bia ka anyi ga tunyere Chikamso' (dear come let's go and patronize Chikamso). That's how the lady left the goods for me and said that the mom will be angry if she doesn't accede.

Please, how do I stop situations like this from happening without rubbing my actual customers the wrong way?

Lalasticlala

You need favor.

These things can be very spiritual too.

One person's spirit disagrees with the atmosphere in your shop.

Asides that. You should meet them yourself and let them know dos and donts of your shop policy.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On A Customer Issue by creolehunt: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ladylite:

You need favor.

These things can be very spiritual too.

One person's spirit disagrees with the atmosphere in your shop.

Asides that. You should meet them yourself and let them know dos and donts of your shop policy.
Thanks. But I believe it isn't spiritual. Few people I've spoken to about this said it's usual. But I really detest that attitude.
If I follow someone to the market, all I do is help them make a choice, but I don't become overbearing.
Re: Advice Needed On A Customer Issue by Dykecosby: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
You are already suffering from fear of rejection which a lot of persons into sales experiences. It is normal, all you have to do is to improve in your convincing prowess and interpersonal skill. Work more on getting quality products that you are proud of and try to create more sales channels through the internet that you may not need to worry about who walks into the shop.

There are a lot of persons that make huge sales of variety products without owning a shop, We can help you boost your sales to over 20x with our services that you do not have to worry any more even if someone doesn't walk in for a whole day and you will be smiling to the bank. Check my signature for contacts.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On A Customer Issue by nifemi25(m): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
It looks like it's spiritual stuff since two different customers left simply because someone else confused them from making there choice...
Re: Advice Needed On A Customer Issue by eliok(m): 2:44am On Nov 07, 2019
If you don't think it's spiritual then what's it?
Mind you. Any name you call it has a spirit In charge.

Maybe you hate pastors. Call a honorable prayer band to pray and anoint your shop.
Chikamso shop may have a hand. But it's not important for now.
Just pray
Re: Advice Needed On A Customer Issue by Kendumazy(m): 7:48am On Nov 07, 2019
Lol. Nigerians and spiritual spiritual sha. Oya, ask the op, how many times does such happen? You will hear something like once in 2 months, once in 3 months which is very normal. It's part of the experiences in business. You can't win all the customers and you can't grab every sales. You win some, you lose some. Op, it's very normal.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On A Customer Issue by creolehunt: 11:16am On Feb 03, 2020
Kendumazy:
Lol. Nigerians and spiritual spiritual sha. Oya, ask the op, how many times does such happen? You will hear something like once in 2 months, once in 3 months which is very normal. It's part of the experiences in business. You can't win all the customers and you can't grab every sales. You win some, you lose some. Op, it's very normal.
It's not something that happens frequently, but it happens anyway. Mind you, I've had certain shop owners lay same complaint.

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Photos Online: Most Sites Pay $100 Per Image Or More / Please I Need Contact Of Importers Of PVC Raw Materials / Forex Signals Service 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.