Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,495 members, 7,954,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

How We Blaspheme The Holy Spirit Without Knowing It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How We Blaspheme The Holy Spirit Without Knowing It (347 Views)

Can You Receive The Holy Spirit Without Speaking In Tongues? / I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness / Can One Encounter The Holy Spirit Without Speaking In Tongue ❓ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Blaspheme The Holy Spirit Without Knowing It by SimpleBible: 8:11pm On Nov 06, 2019
Text: Matthew 12:31-32

Jesus healed a man possessed with devils and the Pharisees accused Him of doing it by the power of Beelzebub, the ruler of demons (Matthew 12:24). Jesus said He did it by the power of the Holy Spirit.

By that accusation, Jesus said they blasphemed the Holy Spirit which is the only unpardonable sin (Matthew 12:31).

The Pharisees blasphemed the Holy Spirit by speaking against Him accusing Him of what He did not do.

To blaspheme means to reproach and that means to treat with disrespect. You disrespect the Holy Ghost when you do not do what He asks you to do just as a child disrespect his parents when he refuses to do what they ask of him.

Jesus says the Holy Spirit lives in us and we know him even though the world does not know Him (John 14:17). Sadly, some Christians and churches don’t even know Him.

The scriptures say in time past holy men of God did things as they were moved by the Holy Ghost (2 Peter 1:21). Unfortunately, things are done the way we like and the way we plan instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to take control. When we do not allow the Spirit of God to take control, we quench the Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19) and render ourselves and the church spiritually dead.

Everyone and every church will face stiff judgement for blaspheming the Holy Spirit even when some of them will be surprise and won’t even remember when they did it.
Re: How We Blaspheme The Holy Spirit Without Knowing It by blackpanthar: 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2019
SimpleBible:
Text: Matthew 12:31-32

Jesus healed a man possessed with devils and the Pharisees accused Him of doing it by the power of Beelzebub, the ruler of demons (Matthew 12:24). Jesus said He did it by the power of the Holy Spirit.

By that accusation, Jesus said they blasphemed the Holy Spirit which is the only unpardonable sin (Matthew 12:31).

The Pharisees blasphemed the Holy Spirit by speaking against Him accusing Him of what He did not do.

To blaspheme means to reproach and that means to treat with disrespect. You disrespect the Holy Ghost when you do not do what He asks you to do just as a child disrespect his parents when he refuses to do what they ask of him.

Jesus says the Holy Spirit lives in us and we know him even though the world does not know Him (John 14:17). Sadly, some Christians and churches don’t even know Him.

The scriptures say in time past holy men of God did things as they were moved by the Holy Ghost (2 Peter 1:21). Unfortunately, things are done the way we like and the way we plan instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to take control. When we do not allow the Spirit of God to take control, we quench the Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19) and render ourselves and the church spiritually dead.

Everyone and every church will face stiff judgement for blaspheming the Holy Spirit even when some of them will be surprise and won’t even remember when they did it.

even this POST was not by the holyspirit, YOU ARE JUST AN AGGRIEVED FELLOW wanting to vent a frustration of some of the practices you have noticed in the church. The Holyspirit did not send you to post anything here and your post lacks what it takes to make a change.

Do you know know how to PRAY, go to your closet and pray for the church.

I find it funny that those who are not doing anything are the best at criticizing others who are at least doing what they know or have been taught to do.

IF YOU ARE DOING YOUR OWN THE "HOLYSPIRIT WAY" or by His leading... then why are your results not known everywhere, DOES FAKE HAVE A LOUDER AUDIENCE THAN WHAT IS REAL?

You are just making matters worse.

CONDEMNATION or ACCUSATION or FAULT FINDING is not a MINISTRY.
I beseech you by the mercies of God, go and pray

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Blaspheme The Holy Spirit Without Knowing It by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
There's got to be a reason why the Holy Spirit is not as responsive to this church as He was to the early church.

So Op you have a valid point that the Holy Spirit has been deprived of the control He once had over the church, hence His inability to serve His purpose and quicken the church as He was sent to do.

It's my prayer that the Spirit of God would once again be allowed to have His way in the church, so that He would do for the church what He alone can for the church.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: How We Blaspheme The Holy Spirit Without Knowing It by SimpleBible: 6:08am On Nov 07, 2019
jesusjnr:
There's got to be a reason why the Holy Spirit is not as responsive to this church as He was to the early church.

So Op you have a valid point that the Holy Spirit has been deprived of the control He once had over the church, hence His inability to serve His purpose and quicken the church as He was sent to do.

It's my prayer that the Spirit of God would once again be allowed to have His way in the church, so that He would do for the church what He alone can for the church.

God bless.
Amen and yes, the Holy Spirit is not being felt because He has been deprived of control and the word of God has which was written by His inspiration has been neglected. If you take a close look around, you will notice this.

1 Like

Re: How We Blaspheme The Holy Spirit Without Knowing It by SimpleBible: 6:09am On Nov 07, 2019
blackpanthar:

even this POST was not by the holyspirit, YOU ARE JUST AN AGGRIEVED FELLOW wanting to vent a frustration of some of the practices you have noticed in the church. The Holyspirit did not send you to post anything here and your post lacks what it takes to make a change.

Do you know know how to PRAY, go to your closet and pray for the church.

I find it funny that those who are not doing anything are the best at criticizing others who are at least doing what they know or have been taught to do.

IF YOU ARE DOING YOUR OWN THE "HOLYSPIRIT WAY" or by His leading... then why are your results not known everywhere, DOES FAKE HAVE A LOUDER AUDIENCE THAN WHAT IS REAL?

You are just making matters worse.

CONDEMNATION or ACCUSATION or FAULT FINDING is not a MINISTRY.
I beseech you by the mercies of God, go and pray

I really respect your opinion. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: How We Blaspheme The Holy Spirit Without Knowing It by LordReed(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2019
There are so many rules and pitfalls in religion I wonder how anybody is supposed to keep it all straight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Blaspheme The Holy Spirit Without Knowing It by SimpleBible: 10:29am On Nov 07, 2019
LordReed:
There are so many rules and pitfalls in religion I wonder how anybody is supposed to keep it all straight.
Jesus is the way (John 14:6). He did not come to bring religion but came to save man from their sins (Matthew 1:21) and He alone will not overburden you with rules but will teach you how to live a godly life through His Spirit (Matthew 11:28). He made living a holy life possible by the shedding of His blood on the cross without which there can't be forgiveness of sin (Hebrews 9:22).

His cross connect every man who is separated from God and any man who dies separated from God, will remain separated from Him forever in eternity and hell but Christ came to avoid this and that's why He is the only mediator (connection) between man and God (1 Timothy 2:5).

(1) (Reply)

Things To Consider On Prosperity Gospel / Feminism And Christianity; Are They Compatible? / Four Nigerian Pastors Who Don't Collect Tithe From Their Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.