Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Living In Saskatchewan, Canada - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Saskatchewan, Canada (91158 Views)

Who Can Help For Free Accomodation In Saskatchewan / Nigerians In Saskatchewan,canada / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Bukky562(f): 12:19am On Apr 18, 2023
Olufemidada:
Hi guys,
Please I just got ITA for SINP and under the proof of employment, they requested for government issued documents. Please what documents can I use to statify this requirement? PLEASE IT IS URGENT. THANK YOU
If you don't have any government issued documents, attach your employment contract, payslips and Bank statements.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Sumam: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2023
Good morning everyone, pls am new here.

I applied to SINP, for those who got ITA from the province what was your score in the pool and how long were you in the pool before the province invited you to apply.

Thank you
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by LegitDiva: 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2023
Hi everyone pleased I got received ITA from Saskatchewan under NOC 21211, I want to clarify if anyone here has successfully scaled though and if it requires professional licensing

Please respond
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by STOICREALIST: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2023
LegitDiva:
Hi everyone pleased I got received ITA from Saskatchewan under NOC 21211, I want to clarify if anyone here has successfully scaled though and if it requires professional licensing

Please respond

To the best of my knowledge, It is NOT a regulated profession. It doesn’t require any. NOC 21211 is for Data Scientists isn’t it?

Try this link and read up

https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/requirements/227147/ca;jsessionid=147D55C679FD284D9E3F9A4F591D9C31.jobsearch76

However, it is good to get course/skill certified for marketability.

Please look at job sites in Canada and specifically for Sask and find out if such job posting require any certification requirements. Such job posting are good yard sticks for the determination of what to expect when it comes to jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by STOICREALIST: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2023
Sumam:

I applied to SINP, for those who got ITA from the province what was your score in the pool and how long were you in the pool before the province invited you to apply.

Thank you

The score for invitation of course varies. Depends on the number of people in the pool, the target number they want to invite, etc.

Score was 78 last year July/August draw which I got invited.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by STOICREALIST: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2023
nymphomaniac:
Regina my home....

Did you intentionally choose Regina as a place to reside? Or you are there because of studies? Will be arriving in June under the PNP and I have not decided between Saskatoon and Regina. It is never an easy decision.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by STOICREALIST: 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2023
hdior:
Hello house, I recently landed in Regina a few days ago. Trying to settle in. Please add me to the telegram group. @Nwachi1

How far with your settling there and the experience? Fully settled?

Coming in around 19th of June. Saskatoon though.

1 Like

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by STOICREALIST: 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2023
Biko I will welcome ideas about flights.

Intend to travel from Lagos to Saskatoon. Any ideas about airlines and routes and fares will be welcome and appreciated.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by STOICREALIST: 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2023
FYsol:
Hmmmm. Oga which Saskatchewan are you describing? It's not a crime to say I don't know. I just returned from the province. The only issue there is the extreme cold weather. Very beautiful place just like any other province in Canada

His description still amuses me till date. And Indont know why I find it funny. It is just pure mischief. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by NothingDoMe: 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2023
Sumam:

Thank you
Scored 84. Was in the pool from December 2022 to February 2023 when the first Occupational draw was done.

I think first draw was January with over 50 investors invited.

Pains me that I wasted so much time to finalize this decision. No need crying over spilt milk but the scores are so high now that I worry for family members that I'd like to bring over in future.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by nymphomaniac(m): 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2023
STOICREALIST:

Did you intentionally choose Regina as a place to reside? Or you are there because of studies? Will be arriving in June under the PNP and I have not decided between Saskatoon and Regina. It is never an easy decision.
go to Regina. The capital city is always better.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by LegitDiva: 9:53pm On Apr 22, 2023
STOICREALIST:

To the best of my knowledge, It is NOT a regulated profession. It doesn’t require any. NOC 21211 is for Data Scientists isn’t it?

Try this link and read up

https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/requirements/227147/ca;jsessionid=147D55C679FD284D9E3F9A4F591D9C31.jobsearch76

However, it is good to get course/skill certified for marketability.

Please look at job sites in Canada and specifically for Sask and find out if such job posting require any certification requirements. Such job posting are good yard sticks for the determination of what to expect when it comes to jobs.

Thank you for your response
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by STOICREALIST: 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
nymphomaniac:
go to Regina. The capital city is always better.

Thank you. If you have time can you expantiate on your suggestion/recommendation?
From my personality and the fact that I do not want to be bored, I would rather choose Saskatoon.

For now I am trying to find out good neighborhoods that will be suitable.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Rhodah08: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2023
Please if u are new and willing to share accommodation in Regina Saskatchewan Canada contact me rhodaaliandu08@gmail.cok
I’m presently in Regina looking for roommates that we can share accommodation together.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Rhodah08: 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
Please who do I contact to add me to the group Abeg
gracechellar:

Once you're in, they have a WhatsApp group
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Aystar78: 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2023
Please if u are new and willing to share accommodation in Regina Saskatchewan Canada contact me through my email address: rhodaaliandu08@gmail.com
I’m presently in Regina looking for roommate that we can share accommodation together.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Adetunzion: 7:39pm On May 01, 2023
@Rhoda please add me to University of a Regina telegram group
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by alveene(m): 12:37am On May 02, 2023
STOICREALIST:

Thank you. If you have time can you expantiate on your suggestion/recommendation?
From my personality and the fact that I do not want to be bored, I would rather choose Saskatoon.

For now I am trying to find out good neighborhoods that will be suitable.

Hello Stoicrealist.

I have been hoping to immigrate to Saskatchewan but my present score is 63.

I am hoping to get a positive advice on how I can boost this score before I submit my EOI.

Or do you think I still stand a chance of being invited despite this score?

I am an Electrical Engineer.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by STOICREALIST: 6:42am On May 03, 2023
alveene:

Hello Stoicrealist.

I have been hoping to immigrate to Saskatchewan but my present score is 63.

I am hoping to get a positive advice on how I can boost this score before I submit my EOI.

Or do you think I still stand a chance of being invited despite this score?

I am an Electrical Engineer.

Yes I think you positively stand a chance of being invited. As long as you scored above the cutoff mark/points that gets you into the SPNP Pool and draws.
The question is when. No one knows. For now the points are in their 80s. And based on local and international factors, it can fluctuate.

The last draw of 20th April where 444 and 623 people where invited, the point was 69. Meanwhile in March 23rd draw it was 82!!! So you see how things fluctuate to cater for delays, set backs, etc. For instance, IRCC guys have been on strike with other Government workers in Canada. The strike was just called off yesterday. I expect this delay to lead to a bit of drop in points for invitation. They have quarterly and annual targets and the fact is anyone qualified to be on the pool deserves to be selected. It is just that some seem to be better profiled than others.

Concerning what you can do, for now look at your profile on the Portal and see where you don’t have maximum scores. For instance:

1. Do you have just a BSc or you have an MSC/PHD? You get more points for having post graduate degrees.

2. How did you do in IELTS? What is your CLB and can that be improved? Higher CLB has higher points.

3. Did you study French a bit and wrote the French Language equivalent of IELTS?

4. Have you tried getting a job from Saskatchewan?

5. Do you have close relative who are Legal there, can say they know you and can vouch for you to the extent of providing the Government their details?

I hear that 4 and 5 Nigerians have some way they do it that it works. But you need to pay the Agent. I usually don’t advise this. Besides, just as they started disregarding it in Manitoba or so, soon they might also start disregarding it in Sask. if it is abused.

I will summarize and conclude as follows that:

1. You remain in the pool with hope, expectations and gratitude that God has made it for you. Remember that you only need to update your profile in the pool. Some people delete and start afresh. But remember that whenever a draw is done, people tie and one of the factors used to select those who tie is who was the first/has stayed longer in the pool.

2. Look at your profile and see where you aren’t scoring the maximum points. Those are your areas of focus. Then see and think of ways you can improve and get maximum points there. BSc only? Go and get an MSc. Low IELTS CLB?then retake IELTS. No job offers? Use free resources that teach how to get jobs in Canada from overseas and try to apply for jobs. No relative? Then contact extended and other family members to see if you might just have someone there they know.

3. Concerning meeting agents for jobs and relative claiming, I don’t subscribe or advice it. The risk is too high and must be someone you trust and a money you don’t mind loosing. However, I would be lying and deceiving you if I claimed I haven’t seen people who successfully did it. “Yahoo” is a crime, I seen people successfully do it. BUT I WILL NEVER ADVISE OR ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO YAHOO. EVER!!!!

I see that you sent me an email and I am hoping that this response speaks to the questions in the email and will benefit others on this group.

Finally, I have taken liberty to attach the SPNP draw scores and number of invitees. Since the last one. You can find this online to review and see the trends.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by alveene(m): 5:45pm On May 03, 2023
STOICREALIST:

Yes I think you positively stand a chance of being invited. As long as you scored above the cutoff mark/points that gets you into the SPNP Pool and draws.
The question is when. No one knows. For now the points are in their 80s. And based on local and international factors, it can fluctuate.

The last draw of 20th April where 444 and 623 people where invited, the point was 69. Meanwhile in March 23rd draw it was 82!!! So you see how things fluctuate to cater for delays, set backs, etc. For instance, IRCC guys have been on strike with other Government workers in Canada. The strike was just called off yesterday. I expect this delay to lead to a bit of drop in points for invitation. They have quarterly and annual targets and the fact is anyone qualified to be on the pool deserves to be selected. It is just that some seem to be better profiled than others.

Concerning what you can do, for now look at your profile on the Portal and see where you don’t have maximum scores. For instance:

1. Do you have just a BSc or you have an MSC/PHD? You get more points for having post graduate degrees.

2. How did you do in IELTS? What is your CLB and can that be improved? Higher CLB has higher points.

3. Did you study French a bit and wrote the French Language equivalent of IELTS?

4. Have you tried getting a job from Saskatchewan?

5. Do you have close relative who are Legal there, can say they know you and can vouch for you to the extent of providing the Government their details?

I hear that 4 and 5 Nigerians have some way they do it that it works. But you need to pay the Agent. I usually don’t advise this. Besides, just as they started disregarding it in Manitoba or so, soon they might also start disregarding it in Sask. if it is abused.

I will summarize and conclude as follows that:

1. You remain in the pool with hope, expectations and gratitude that God has made it for you. Remember that you only need to update your profile in the pool. Some people delete and start afresh. But remember that whenever a draw is done, people tie and one of the factors used to select those who tie is who was the first/has stayed longer in the pool.

2. Look at your profile and see where you aren’t scoring the maximum points. Those are your areas of focus. Then see and think of ways you can improve and get maximum points there. BSc only? Go and get an MSc. Low IELTS CLB?then retake IELTS. No job offers? Use free resources that teach how to get jobs in Canada from overseas and try to apply for jobs. No relative? Then contact extended and other family members to see if you might just have someone there they know.

3. Concerning meeting agents for jobs and relative claiming, I don’t subscribe or advice it. The risk is too high and must be someone you trust and a money you don’t mind loosing. However, I would be lying and deceiving you if I claimed I haven’t seen people who successfully did it. “Yahoo” is a crime, I seen people successfully do it. BUT I WILL NEVER ADVISE OR ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO YAHOO. EVER!!!!

I see that you sent me an email and I am hoping that this response speaks to the questions in the email and will benefit others on this group.

Finally, I have taken liberty to attach the SPNP draw scores and number of invitees. Since the last one. You can find this online to review and see the trends.

Wow! I really appreciate your time, efforts and responses.

It is the best a lost soul have gotten in a while.

In the PNP application to Saskatchewan, I have maximum points on the IELTS and education level (BS7 and Masters Degree in Elect./Elect.

Unfortunately, I do not have any family or relative out there.

Based on your advise, I will explore Option 4 in hope of getting a job and also contact agents, while being careful.

Once again, I really appreciate your responses.

I am positive I will be invited and I hope to disturb you again once I get my ITA.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by 10thTenthMan: 2:18pm On May 04, 2023
Saskatoon

OH DEAR LAND OF THE LIVING SKIES.........................

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by 10thTenthMan: 2:34pm On May 04, 2023
SASKATOON

PARIS OF THE PRAIRIES............................

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by 10thTenthMan: 2:39pm On May 04, 2023
SASKATOON,

THE BRIDGE CITY.....................

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by samsamme: 3:05pm On May 04, 2023
Hello, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the following:
I recently received admission to a Canadian college that required half of the tuition fee to be paid within the next few days. Just as I was about to make the tuition deposit next week, I received an email from Saskatchewan regarding the expression of interest application I submitted about a year ago.

My question :
1. can I apply for both a study visa and a permanent residency at the same time?
2. Could anyone who has recently received an EOI from Saskatchewan please advise me of the average processing time for an EOI application?
3. I presently have a Masters degree that is around three (3) years old, but I have more than ten (10) years of verifiable job experience as a Web Developer in both Nigeria and Europe with ND and HND, does my masters degree need to be up to ten (10) years old to be able to claim this experience?

I'm asking because I'm not currently in Nigeria and my current visa has about a year left on it. The main reason for planning this canny waka is that I believe that if I applied now, my study visa application would be approved before my legal status in my current country of residence expired. Also, even though I am eligible for visa renewal, but I don't seems interested which means that I have to explore the best option to get me and family to Canada legally with this period.

Do you think ignoring the admission and study visa is a best option? 
Do you believe I'll be able to complete the entire process, from EOI application approval to PR application, by February 2024?

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by 10thTenthMan: 10:51pm On May 04, 2023
samsamme:
Hello, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the following:
I recently received admission to a Canadian college that required half of the tuition fee to be paid within the next few days. Just as I was about to make the tuition deposit next week, I received an email from Saskatchewan regarding the expression of interest application I submitted about a year ago.

My question :
1. can I apply for both a study visa and a permanent residency at the same time?
2. Could anyone who has recently received an EOI from Saskatchewan please advise me of the average processing time for an EOI application?
3. I presently have a Masters degree that is around three (3) years old, but I have more than ten (10) years of verifiable job experience as a Web Developer in both Nigeria and Europe with ND and HND, does my masters degree need to be up to ten (10) years old to be able to claim this experience?

I'm asking because I'm not currently in Nigeria and my current visa has about a year left on it. The main reason for planning this canny waka is that I believe that if I applied now, my study visa application would be approved before my legal status in my current country of residence expired. Also, even though I am eligible for visa renewal, but I don't seems interested which means that I have to explore the best option to get me and family to Canada legally with this period.

Do you think ignoring the admission and study visa is a best option? 
Do you believe I'll be able to complete the entire process, from EOI application approval to PR application, by February 2024?

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

1. Applying for both is Termed as ''Dual Intent'' and according to immigration consultants, this is very legal. However, you must meet the requirements for each of the application/pathways. Please read this article through this link. https://www.canadianimmigration.com/study-in-canada/permnanent-resident-status/#:~:text=Applying%20for%20a%20Canada%20study,accepted%20by%20Canadian%20immigration%20law.

2. I got EOI Approval in August 2022, Biometrics in October 2022, Medical at IOM in February 2023, and the Single-entry Visa in April, 2023. That is about 8 months. If you have all the necessary documents ready, including proof of funds, etc., then you should be good by February 2024.

3. If the question says post academic/schooling work experience, then it should be from when you got your ND. Not necessarily your masters. Your WES includes evaluation of your Diplomas and MSc. You got your ND earlier than the rest and in Nigeria you can be hired and work professionally even with an OND. I would say to be on the safe side (avoid false representation), count from when you completed your ND.

I hope other members here can provide additional information to help you make informed decisions.

Best of luck.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by samsamme: 12:31am On May 05, 2023
10thTenthMan:

1. Applying for both is Termed as ''Dual Intent'' and according to immigration consultants, this is very legal. However, you must meet the requirements for each of the application/pathways. Please read this article through this link. https://www.canadianimmigration.com/study-in-canada/permnanent-resident-status/#:~:text=Applying%20for%20a%20Canada%20study,accepted%20by%20Canadian%20immigration%20law.

2. I got EOI Approval in August 2022, Biometrics in October 2022, Medical at IOM in February 2023, and the Single-entry Visa in April, 2023. That is about 8 months. If you have all the necessary documents ready, including proof of funds, etc., then you should be

Thanks for your response, it's really appreciated, please how long does it take to get approval after submitting EOI application post invitation to submit application

Awaiting Your response please
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by 10thTenthMan: 12:48am On May 05, 2023
samsamme:

Thanks for your response, it's really appreciated, please how long does it take to get approval after submitting EOI application post invitation to submit application

Awaiting Your response please

Mine took about 2 Months. Typically given the usual one month to make submission and then it took another month for Confirmation by Sask.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Joshasha: 11:20pm On May 05, 2023
gracechellar:

Done

Hi @gracechellar, can you kindly add me to the telegram group. just recently got admission to UOR.
TG username @Josh_asha
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Joshasha: 11:24pm On May 05, 2023
dayjeee:
Anybody offered masters program in university of regina here?

Yes, I was offered for Fall 2023 session.
What's your session?
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Smartguyboy(m): 12:46am On May 06, 2023
Ok I have been a PR here in Saskatchewan province and living in Regina City for over a year now.... As Salford rightly said, this is about the most easiest province to relocate to from Nigeria and Not regret ever having to make such decisions Cos it's easier to start all over again here unlike the bigger cities where u have to husstle and die to "make it". I was in ON, saw the standard of living compared with SK and I take SK ove On any day. Almost missed my flight back to SK from ON dues to gridlock like the one on Lagos Island. � �

Life is easier here though minimu wage is low but it's 90% a take over naija any day. I got my vehicle all paid up withing 5months of working and a decent apartment in Greens Gardiner for those that knows Regina City and so far it's been a journey worth it..

Yes it's lonely and the reason u need to move here with Ur family. And if u single then u can explore.

Above all no regret so far as I no pass my boundary and being a PR is the best I can wish for now. Citizenship loading in a jeefeey... �
Please what is the best way for someone to relocate over there and how much will it cost ?
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by samsamme: 10:02pm On May 06, 2023
Hello house, please anyone with idea of the required document for this section as I have never worked in government office

“Government-issued document type*

Choose one government-issued document to submit for each position where work experience is claimed. If you do not submit the required documentation with your application, then your application may be returned or made ineligible. Application fees are non-refundable.”

Note: This is for previous Nigeria experience.

Your opinion will be appreciated please
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Nettybrown(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2023
Good evening house!
I need a laptop urgently pls. If you have anyone you can borrow me or gift me, I'm available o! I need it for project and I don't have money to buy presently!
I'm 100% legit!
Call: zero-nine-zero 62145478
Thanks in anticipation o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Private Jets Charter In Nigeria: How Much It Costs / Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant / This Deer Was Killed After Flood Forced It Out Of Its Habitat In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.