Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Living In Saskatchewan, Canada - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Saskatchewan, Canada (91268 Views)

Who Can Help For Free Accomodation In Saskatchewan / Nigerians In Saskatchewan,canada / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 28, 2023
Hi guys, please I have two questions. Can someone who has a law degree but has experience in a Human resources role apply for SINP? Also will a lawyer who is a managing partnering a law firm be eligible to apply for SINP under Teer code 10029- other business services manager?
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Bukky562(f): 11:11am On Jul 02, 2023
Saskatchewan needs your education to be related to your present occupation. Search for the NOC Code and check the educational requirements.
Revman:
Hi
guys, please I have two questions. Can someone who has a law degree but has experience in a Human resources role apply for SINP? Also will a lawyer who is a managing partnering a law firm be eligible to apply for SINP under Teer code 10029- other business services manager?
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by arodeyo: 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
Hello, please I need help trying to create an Account for Expression of Interest Application. I’m having issues creating a username.
I keep getting user ID has an issue as a response. Anyone that can be of help will be greatly appreciated as it is very urgent. Thank you

I eventually joined nairaland after being a guest for over 10 years😥.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Marike2: 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
arodeyo:
Hello, please I need help trying to create an Account for Expression of Interest Application. I’m having issues creating a username.
I keep getting user ID has an issue as a response. Anyone that can be of help will be greatly appreciated as it is very urgent. Thank you

I eventually joined nairaland after being a guest for over 10 years😥.

Check the username requirements,that is, alphabet type, numbers spacing etc.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Sumam: 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good evening everyone,

Pls how can you edit my NOC in my EOI profile.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Adebayo82: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2023
Good morning everyone.
Please I have a brother coming to Saskatchewan university 3rd of August 2023. I need cheap flights for him without transit visa of any kind. If somebody could share with the best and cheaper airline that doesn't required transit Visa. Please treat it as urgent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Abokisulay(m): 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
Pls guys add me to the WhatsApp group oo, I've got lots of questions to ask. Help a brother abeg

0eightzero29zero16three8nine
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Mulatta(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
Please who will be cooking Amala or any swallow in Regina please I'm dying of swallow. I will wash plate

1 Like

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by ARRIVA: 5:33am On Jul 19, 2023
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Kristee222: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
Will be arriving in Regina, Saskatchewan next month for masters, anyone looking for a roommate let me know, or advice on how to get accomodation.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Jig5aw(f): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
Bukky562:
Hello Guys, I received ADR on the 12th of June, 2023. I got ITA on March 23,2023. And i submitted application on the 10th of May, 2023.
The ADR is really long. Apparently, the visa officer went to my LinkedIn to pick a part-time job which i did not create reference for oh...

Make una go update your LinkedIn ohh... I have been running temperature since.
hi Bukky, what’s your status after your ADR. I have also submitted my application.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by dealhunter(m): 7:29am On Jul 27, 2023
The country looks so cool,calm and peaceful with a lot of tourist attractions.....I will love to visit d country as a tourist...

1 Like

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by GhanaM(m): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2023
Let him use Air Canada. He will do one transit in either Toronto or Vancouver before arriving in Saskatchewan.
Once he has a valid canadian visa, no transit visa is required
Adebayo82:
Good morning everyone.
Please I have a brother coming to Saskatchewan university 3rd of August 2023. I need cheap flights for him without transit visa of any kind. If somebody could share with the best and cheaper airline that doesn't required transit Visa. Please treat it as urgent.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Sumam: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2023
Abokisulay:
Pls guys add me to the WhatsApp group oo, I've got lots of questions to ask. Help a brother abeg

0eightzero29zero16three8nine

Pls is there a WhatsApp group? I will like to join
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2023
LILIAN75:
Any single guy that would be arriving in saskatoon in July or August, who is interested in shared accommodation 2bed 2 bath, kindly reach out to me
Taken?
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Acroguy36: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2023
Good Day People,
Has anyone gotten any news of University Of Regina International student who has relocated or travelled for school?? Anyone resuming this month??
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by emjay60: 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hello guys, I have already applied for an MSc in the University of Saskatchewan but at a stage where am to get a supervisor. I have sent emails to prospective supervisors but none has responded. I have also contacted the department but they said I should give the professors till August but there’s no response till date. And it’s over 1 month now. Please those of you that pulled through, does it take this long?
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Thobelorbah(m): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2023
emjay60:
Hello guys, I have already applied for an MSc in the University of Saskatchewan but at a stage where am to get a supervisor. I have sent emails to prospective supervisors but none has responded. I have also contacted the department but they said I should give the professors till August but there’s no response till date. And it’s over 1 month now. Please those of you that pulled through, does it take this long?

I’m in this same situation, please have you gotten a response now
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by 10thTenthMan: 6:58am On Aug 09, 2023
Dammiesugar:
I’m relocating to Saskatchewan in August with my daughter, please I will like to network with Nigerians over there. Kindly chat me on WhatsApp- 08056694624

Congratulations.

If you had gone earlier you would have attended the various summer picnics of various tribes and ethnic groups here. It is a good place to network. You don miss BBQ. They usually post their photos on their web and facebook pages and upload videos on youtube.

Please visit the NCAS (Nigerians in Canada Association Saskatoon) website and send a message to the WhatsApp group phone number there. They also help with pre-arrival information and when members are free they can even volunteer to pick you up at the airport to your accommodation.

https://nca-saskatoon.com/

Assuming you are a PR, once you arrive handle these as quickly as possible:

-SIN (ServiceNow Canada in Preston Mall). Walk around and Visit the red fish pond and indoor miniature gulf course)

-SIM (Lucky Mobile or any other but no contract. Start with Prepaid SIMS. Avoid contract post paid SIMS for now. Check Dolarama etc for SIM PACKS.

-Open Bank Accounts (Demand for ‘Void Check’ from the Bank. It is like a single page document proof of having a Bank Account with your bank details there). You will be providing this whenever you want to earn payment from an organization e.g your employer or Child Benefits Payments.

-Health Card (Apply online through Sask e-health website)

-Permanent Accommodation (Various online websites and Nigerians who work as real estate agents here.
Kijiji and facebook market place will also be your friend here. )

-Book Appointment for School for your daughter. (I learnt that most Nigerians prefer the Catholic Schools because they hardly do LBTQ things) so you get an appointment with the Greater Saskatoon Catholic School Board. Or you simply book with the public school board. Your daughter will go to the school closest to your permanent accommodation. All public schools are same quality and curriculum.

-Mobility (Bus Card, Bus Transit App, Uber App, etc. for moving around till you get a car if you want to).

-Drivers License (SGI and their associates. Theoretical exam written and practical driving test necessary)

-Job Hunting (Long story of dos and donts here)

-Library Card. You can get a temporary one online but for your first card you need to go in person to the library in downtown. Just tell them you are new and need the card.

If you can have a contact here you can use the contact’s address you want your PR CARD to be forwarded to so that you provide this address at the Port of entry, assuming you are a PR.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by 10thTenthMan: 7:04am On Aug 09, 2023
Mulatta:
Please who will be cooking Amala or any swallow in Regina please I'm dying of swallow. I will wash plate

Lols.

Are there no Nigerian Restaurants in Regina?

There are a few in Saskatoon which is a bigger city. Check una WhatsApp group there might be ladies who cook and sell.

Amala scarce even for Sask o.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by ARRIVA: 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
I need a job in saskatoon. Arrive 2 weeks ago as a student and i have been struggling to get a job. Please, can someone sign post me to a recruitment agency or a company that is currently recruiting. Any king of job to keep the body and soul together.
Thanks.
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Bukky562(f): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2023
My application is still in Process. I am waiting patiently for the VO to respond this month
Jig5aw:
hi Bukky, what’s your status after your ADR. I have also submitted my application.
Q

1 Like

Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Sumam: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2023
Good morning everyone,

There was a draw yesterday with score 60.

Someone with score 66 did not get an ITA, does anyone know the reason for that and what the person can do?

Guru’s pls help
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Jig5aw(f): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2023
Invites are not only based on your score. jobs in demand also place a huge role .
Sumam:
Good morning everyone,

There was a draw yesterday with score 60.

Someone with score 66 did not get an ITA, does anyone know the reason for that and what the person can do?

Guru’s pls help
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Sheney: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2023
Hello house,

I've been having mix feelings. I got an ITA yesterday but got to know that POF must be 90 days before submitting the application and I have to submit my application by October 15. Please can anyone advice on what to do because there is no way I can make the POF for 90 days .
Should I go ahead or reject the ITA since we all know ITA is golden.

Sincere and honest advice please

Thanks
Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by Sumam: 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
Sheney:
Hello house,

I've been having mix feelings. I got an ITA yesterday but got to know that POF must be 90 days before submitting the application and I have to submit my application by October 15. Please can anyone advice on what to do because there is no way I can make the POF for 90 days .
Should I go ahead or reject the ITA since we all know ITA is golden.

Sincere and honest advice please

Thanks

Pls , which of the select countries do you reside, what’s your NOC and score.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Mauritius Study And Work / Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant / This Deer Was Killed After Flood Forced It Out Of Its Habitat In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.