Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) (37674 Views)

Mother Forgets Her Baby In A Commercial Bus After Alighting In Imo (video) / Passenger Forgets Money In Uyo In Keke Napep In Akwa Ibom State. Photo / Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by itspzpics(m): 5:14am On Nov 07, 2019
According to this uber Driver, he shared his experience about one of his passenger who forgot his dirty wallet with #85 in it, praizenews report.

The passenger apparently ask the uber driver to bring it down to his place or else he will report the driver to uber company.
I dropped a guy off at ikorodu and he called me an hour later telling me to check my car for his wallet. I found it. Then he said i should bring it back to his place in ikorodu. But after taking a good look at the wallet & it’s contents, I refused and told him that I will rather send him N200 credit to compensate for the cash in the wallet. He got angry and said he was going to report me to Uber. I don’t want to go back because he has already made it clear that the expense of driving back to his place is on me
https://twitter.com/uber_that/status/1192072946375909377?s=19

This has got some people talking at the comments section of this tweet. Some Nigerians can be funny though.

News Source ; http://www.praizenews.com/uber-driver-narrate-his-ordeal-about-passengers-who-want-his-wallet-with-85/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by itspzpics(m): 5:14am On Nov 07, 2019

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by GreatResearcher: 5:19am On Nov 07, 2019
WE SHOULDN'T EXPECT TO GAIN IN EVERYTHING. RETURN HIS WALLET. For opening someone's purse, it is a sign dat if sometin valuable was inside, d driver wud hv denied seeing d wallet.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by OTayobami(m): 5:52am On Nov 07, 2019
Maybe the wallet brings him Goodluck that's why he wants it back but for him not to be able to afford expenses of the uber driver bringing it back means he's broke

45 Likes

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by backnbeta(f): 5:59am On Nov 07, 2019
The story was definitely made up by a mischievous Uber driver, just for laughs undecided

If a passenger truly wants an item he left behind in a cab, he will offer to pay for the ride, he won't insist the driver pays for it. After all, it's a favor unless the driver made him leave the wallet behind.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 07, 2019
backnbeta:
The story was definitely made up by a mischievous Uber driver, just for laughs undecided

If a passenger truly wants an item he left behind in a cab, he will offer to pay for the ride, he won't insist the driver pays for it. After all, it's a favor unless the driver made him leave the wallet behind.
have u met Nigerians? Someone once told a friend of mine that he won't pay him for not driving thru a street he wants

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by khallebb(m): 6:25am On Nov 07, 2019
That wallet has stood the test of time grin

16 Likes

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Mynd44: 6:28am On Nov 07, 2019
GreatResearcher:
WE SHOULDN'T EXPECT TO GAIN IN EVERYTHING. RETURN HIS WALLET.
The driver is not looking to make a gain. He just wants the owner to pay the normal fare for delivering he lost property

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Threebear(m): 6:36am On Nov 07, 2019
Sometimes it's not just about the property or it's content , it's the history behind it .

I have one particular bag I always carry , it's getting old but I always go with it everywhere because that bag has a streak of goodluck behind it .

The Uber driver shouldn't have brought this to Twitter and the guy shouldn't have asked for his property to be delivered without pay .

This is something they should have settled like two sensible adults without chasing social media clout.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by SarkinYarki: 7:28am On Nov 07, 2019
backnbeta:

You have not met many Nigerians then

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by backnbeta(f): 8:40am On Nov 07, 2019
kallmemrB:
have u met Nigerians? Someone once told a friend of mine that he won't pay him for not driving thru a street he wants
I'm a Nigerian and I know we can be funny but unless it was the driver's fault, I don't think a sane Nigerian will insist the driver brings his worn out wallet to him free of charge, especially when the Money in there is less than N100.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 07, 2019
Does Uber not have a lost and found office?

https://help.uber.com/riders/article/lost-item-return-fee-?nodeId=633c684e-1d4b-426a-bd4f-6bee488dac6a

Lost item return fee

A $15 fee is charged to you once your lost item is returned. Drivers are independent contractors and this is to compensate them for their time. The entire fee is passed on to the driver.

If you leave an item in a driver's car, we'll help you contact your driver to get it back. To do this, open the Uber app:
1. Tap the menu icon, then "Help"
2. Tap "Trips and Fare Review" and select the trip you took
3. Tap "I lost an item," then "Contact my driver about a lost item"
4. Enter your phone number and tap "SUBMIT"

If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, be considerate of your driver's schedule and find a time that is convenient for both of you. Once the item is returned, you'll be sent a receipt for the $15 fee.

Neither Uber nor drivers are responsible for the items left in a vehicle after a trip ends. We're here to help, but we cannot guarantee that a driver has your item or can immediately deliver it to you.

5 Likes

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by smitaro(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2019
mercury go dey dat wallet.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 11:12am On Nov 07, 2019
backnbeta:

I'm a Nigerian and I know we can be funny but unless it was the driver's fault, I don't think a sane Nigerian will insist the driver brings his worn out wallet to him free of charge, especially when the Money in there is less than N100.
you are naive....some people are very fickle!!..you have not met people who will not help you because you did not greet them.good morning,a lecturer has refused to sign a reference letter for me ,because I don't call him

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 07, 2019
That wallet might have been his family inheritance o
Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Oshen1: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2019
Na wah
Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
you are naive
I swear

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2019
pickatyou:
That wallet might have been his family inheritance o
then he should pay for transport

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2019
Sense they worey the guy wey forget the wallet
Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2019
And this made the headlines....can somebody censor the news feed please lipsrsealed undecided

Laptop for sale grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5491361/laptop-sale

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Kizzygentle: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2019
Of course he didnt forget it.
Its obvious he has been finding a place to dump his frustration. Seeing that wallet makes him think of his life. Have Been in that shoe b4.
Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Passionate888: 11:17am On Nov 07, 2019
Topic 75 naira, article 85 naira... Who we go believe?

4 Likes

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Kizzygentle: 11:17am On Nov 07, 2019
B
Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Sholaco: 11:18am On Nov 07, 2019
grin
Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by Rubbiish(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2019
backnbeta:

Speak for yourself sir
Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by TheEconomist: 11:18am On Nov 07, 2019
backnbeta:

How many sane Nigerians are in Lagos?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by BABSSSOO(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2019
backnbeta:

the passenger wants his wallet back, and it is obvious he dosnt wanna pay...abi if na you, you fit pay for this kind wallet?

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by zekepio(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2019
People get attach to material possession. My wallet is over 3 years old and I have been hesitant about changing it. So the driver is wrong for suggesting a #200 compensation for the wallet and the #75. That wallet is probably worth a lot to the Mr. Wallet owner and if that's the case then he should be willing to pay for the logistics involved in getting his wallet back.
Shikena.

5 Likes

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by DsilentStranger(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2019
You guys should not under rate that wallet oh, the content matters, there might be a bet9ja running ticket hidden in that wallet.
My own wallet has a special compartment for bet9ja tickets

13 Likes

Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by chinchonglee(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2019
Dat guy want to set up the uber driver for a robbery.

Dnt go
Re: Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) by LZAA: 11:19am On Nov 07, 2019
Dirty wallet?
75 naira?
Compensate the owner?
That uber driver is mad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Drowns While Riding A Jet-Ski On Ikoyi Waterways / Graphic Photos Of Dead People In Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.