Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers (13077 Views)

Erling Haaland, Borussia Dortmund Squad Arrive In Manchester (Photos) / Nigeria Rugby Sevens To Play In 2020 Olympic Qualifiers / Super Eagles Squad Arrive Cameroon, Check Into Hilton Hotel. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by realestniggah: 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:
In as much as I would love to watch us go far in d competition and also sound patriotic.... But the truth is, I don't see this team coming close to south Africans or the likes of Zimbabweans....the lack the experience and quality to beat the xenophobians.....but I will love to watch this terrible and aggressive sport

These boys I'm seeing don't look fit and big enough yet.. We are not ready. We better go and organize big bouncers around the country if we know we want to compete
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by SilentRiddles: 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
360command:
Southy go show us say no b only football dey as sports for this life. This Rugby , na we ( SA) get am..

I don't even like the sport. And it's same thing for most Nigerians. They don't care. The game doesn't really make sense, people jamming into one another, rolling in the mud and injuring each other. No real skills, no flair , no real order. Who invented that football pitch WWA sef?

See outside of football, athletics (Sprint, long jump, high jump etc), basketball, lawn tennis, no one in Nigeria cares.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by kobosmart(m): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
grin na these hungry niggaz wey wan represent us? hope say una carry body bag follow body
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by davillian(m): 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
I thought this game are for thick and muscular people.
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Bahamas95(m): 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nigeria get rugby team? shocked
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by rowland545(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
realestniggah:

These boys I'm seeing don't look fit and big enough yet.. We are not ready. We better go and organize big bouncers around the country if we know we want to compete
I wanted to say the same thing too....they look like they've been fed on fufu and some watery soup....there stomach are big ..

This team is a no no for me....

Its not about bouncers ...some bouncers don't have speed and stamina....they need proper training from a reliable coach
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Litmus: 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:
In as much as I would love to watch us go far in d competition and also sound patriotic.... But the truth is, I don't see this team coming close to south Africans or the likes of Zimbabweans....the lack the experience and quality to beat the xenophobians.....but I will love to watch this terrible and aggressive sport

Lol, Xenophobians. Actually, it's a better sounding name than South Africans, Azanians or Mzanzians

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by 360command: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
SilentRiddles:

I don't even like the sport. And it's same thing for most Nigerians. They don't care. The game doesn't really make sense, people jamming into one another, rolling in the mud and injuring each other. No real skills, no flair , no real order. Who invented that football pitch WWA sef?

See outside of football, athletics (Sprint, long jump, high jump etc), basketball, lawn tennis, no one in Nigeria cares.
it is alright but keep your opinion in your a55.. if you dont like it, they like it..myopic Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Our only hope is to get foreign based

I doubt all those guys are home-based. Well, what do I know?
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Angelfrost(m): 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
Faceville:
So much untapped potentials in Nigeria. Last night I even thought about the Nigerian hockey team

We have some of the best swimmers especially in Niger Delta... Poor investment in sports generally.
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by DaniDamani(m): 4:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
So after what those South Africans did, our team still went over to South Africa for a game. We really don't have shame in our country sha. Just because they want to collect money from government.
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by fashrola(m): 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
Faceville:
So much untapped potentials in Nigeria. Last night I even thought about the Nigerian hockey team

Nigeria has a hockey team who even won a bronze medal in 1987 All Africa games
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by naptu2: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
The issue is that a lot of the people that play rugby in Nigeria play it part time. Back in the '80s there were lawyers, doctors, etc. They often came to train around 5 or 6pm, after work and most of their matches were played on Saturdays and Sundays.

Nigerians have the physique for rugby (lots of Nigerians have played for England, e.g. Victor Ubogu) and I remember listening to an interview that Victor Ubogu gave in which he said that Nigeria should be a great rugby country and he didn't know why it wasn't.

Rugby is not one of the big professional sports in Nigeria (unlike football, basketball and boxing) and I think that's the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by realestniggah: 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:
I wanted to say the same thing too....they look like they've been fed on fufu and some watery soup....there stomach are big ..

This team is a no no for me....

Its not about bouncers ...some bouncers don't have speed and stamina....they need proper training from a reliable coach

Yeah I was just joking.. Professional rugby team are much bigger and professional Infact it a lifestyles they live from early teenage years.. And these ones I'm looking at probably just started training 2 years ago.
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by realestniggah: 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
DaniDamani:
So after what those South Africans did, our team still went over to South Africa for a game. We really don't have shame in our country sha. Just because they want to collect money from government.

So you prefer we go to war then and start launching nuclear attacks?
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Starz825(m): 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
So Nigeria get this sport.... smiley
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by mechanics(m): 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
I wish them a good outing.
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Swichnerd(m): 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
These guys looks like regular soccer players nw, that Southy team that won the RWC go kpos-kpos these ones nw grin
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
I trust them. Very soon we will take over
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Kennyswagz1(m): 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
I dont like this sport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by SilentRiddles: 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
360command:
it ..myopic Nigerian

Insolent child! The truth is too bitter for you to swallow? Tell me which countries play rugby? The same 6 countries all the time - SA, NZ, Australia, Wales, West Indies. That's all!

Why has Nigeria not taken it serious over 40 years after it was first played? Cos nobody cares!! Don't you get it grin? What other evidence do you need? Why is it not played in the US? You come here to Nigeria as a SAn to dictate to us? SA should stick to Rugby and Cricket, while we stick to football, where you can't compete with us!
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by naptu2: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
naptu2:
grin

Watching Chiney Ogwumike interview Nigerians that have been picked in the 2017 NBA draft reminds me of an interview that Victor Ubogu gave to the BBC around 15 years ago.

The BBC wanted to find out why rugby wasn't so big in Nigeria, despite the fact that there are so many great Nigerian rugby players. However, what caught my attention was when he said that whenever he scores a try, he looks at another Nigerian player in his team (Dayo Adebayo) and they both shout, "Eba!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by 360command: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Insolent child! The truth is too bitter for you to swallow? Tell me which countries play rugby? The same 6 countries all the time - SA, NZ, Australia, Wales, West Indies. That's all!

Why has Nigeria not taken it serious over 40 years after it was first played? Cos nobody cares!! Don't you get it grin? What other evidence do you need? Why is it not played in the US? You come here to Nigeria as a SAn to dictate to us? SA should stick to Rugby and Cricket, while we stick to football, where you can't compete with us!
SMH ! You anglophile sometimes can be blocage Mentale. If you dont care , like i said earlier,keep it to yourself..let the ones who cares enjoy the game.. what are you feeling agitated for.. coming to tell me 6 countries play rugby.. American football, how many countries plays the game?
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by hardon1(m): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2019
if we leave it to Nigerians in diaspora, then we would well
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by webngnews: 6:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
Oh
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Jaqenhghar: 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
mansakhalifa:

I doubt all those guys are home-based. Well, what do I know?
Hehehe. Very likely. Im not sure the level of play here is that good
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by iPopAlomo(m): 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
. Ekwensu

As in... I wasn't expecting that...
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by BitmapStudios: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
I'm waiting on the day Lagos would make @Naptu2 her Chief of Staff.
Ask him anything about the state from pre-colonial till date, this legend will give you accurate and verifiable fact. At times I wonder if he works or had worked with military intelligence or the NBC.
I salute you sir!
cool
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by Edum13656: 4:05am On Nov 09, 2019
Rugby is not our thing. .. I don't even understand the sport of full-grown men throwing themselves on the ground.
Re: Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers by supercase1(m): 9:09am On Nov 09, 2019
So slim people dey do rugby too ; lipsrsealed laughing in marlians language grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tokyo2020: Nigeria Crash Out Of Women's 4x100m Relay As Enekwechi Fails To Shine / Pool Draw This Week 41 Pool Banker Room 2024 – UK 2023/2024 / Inter Milan ‘to Terminate’ Eriksen’s Contract Six Months After Cardiac Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.