Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance (25315 Views)

Gboyega Odubanjo's Body Found By UK Police / UK Police Officers Had Sex With Women While On Duty / Man Begs As Lady Confronts Him For Sexually Harassing Her In A Bus In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by DaniDamani(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
First they don't care if you call God or Satan. That car will definitely be towed away provided its insurance is expired.
However its not a big deal because all he needs to do is go quickly pay for his insurance and also the police fee that will be insured. If he is not so luck and he is charged to court, he probably get some few months ban from driving. I remember I got 6 months ban some time ago. Its not a big deal anyway.

The only issue is that if he fails to retrieve the car after a certain period of time, the car will be crushed and parts recycled.

4 Likes

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by Cmanforall: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
sad
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
jayson87:
Naija boy I hail thee...

He first use God... he no work
He quickly use darling... still on still... she no gree..

No be Naija u dey

E for pay her egunje.
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by 3rdavefarms(m): 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
INTROVERT:
please darling grin grin grin

Where have you been hiding all this while
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by mechanics(m): 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
Hahahahah.
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by uuzba(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
FortifiedCity:
angry

Why call her Darling? That's rubbish.
That Darling is just part of UK English.
Sometimes they can say Love, Hi Love, OK Love, Yes Darling....

1 Like

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by uuzba(m): 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
istina:
I learnt a lesson though

You could see from the video that the female officer was polite all through

Unlike our rude FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police officers over here
who are more perfect than armed robbers in struggling your keys with you and snatching your car away from you.
What you learnt is that the society there is different.
People are paid livable wages.
As in,even if your work is to sweep road, your salary will guarantee you food each month and house rent. It will not be fine O, but you will not need to beg for money so far you have work.

Cars, phones and other gadgets ... You only need to pay a monthly sum, then carry the gadgets and go.
Have a look at this site: www o2.co.uk
That's a mobile network. They advertise Al kinds of handsets and data plans.... Like £20 monthly can even get you iPhone....

So nobody is desperate about anything unlike here in Nigeria that everything is do or die.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
He can beg from there to Jarusalem, his Vehicle will be impounded, he will pay a fine or end up in court.

The officers do not believe in God probarbly, the mear mention of God would infuriate him morem

1 Like

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by salford: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
DaniDamani:
First they don't care if you call God or Satan. That car will definitely be towed away provided its insurance is expired.
However its not a big deal because all he needs to do is go quickly pay for his insurance and also the police fee that will be insured. If he is not so luck and he is charged to court, he probably get some few months ban from driving. I remember I got 6 months ban some time ago. Its not a big deal anyway.

The only issue is that if he fails to retrieve the car after a certain period of time, the car will be crushed and parts recycled.
it can be a big deal if his job requires driving or dependent on him having a valid licence.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by ajl: 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
Normally police won't stop you on the road to ask for insurance except if you have done something wrong, like jump red light or stop sign, have non-functioning light, overspending, etc. First they ask for your driver's license and then your insurance paper. Don't believe that everyone you see on the road has insurance, white or black. There are a lot of them here in the US. When accident occur such drivers simply abscond.
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by ajl: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
salford:

it can be a big deal if his job requires driving or dependent on him having a valid licence.

In UK you can live your entire life and make a living not owning a car.

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by DaniDamani(m): 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
salford:

They are only gonna tow the car tho... He should just go get the insurance done and go get the car back. He only pays the charges the car insures at the garage everyday single day it remains there. Only if he takes so long to get the insurance they gonna crush the car as scrap

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by 1Sharon(f): 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Their patrol cars are equipped to detect if you dont have MOT, insurance or Driving licence even if you are driving in the opposite direction.

The idiot said darling the first time, the popo let it slide...he said again thinking it would work.

Really? I thought they check randomly
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by slysteel: 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nigerian people with their stupidity,I beg you in the name of god my foot,go collect your court papers and go to court,I am sure the judge will sentence you at least 2 years.
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by tulus(f): 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
smitaro:
i swear.. oyigbo police na d real obio akpor oo
hahahahahaha na real obio akpor.dem no dey hear abeg.
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by wonlasewonimi: 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
1Sharon:

Really? I thought they check randomly

Naah that was then, they have scaled up. If you are driving opposite direction and you dont come correct, they would radio another popo patrol to meet you at the point of your needs.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by Prince001(m): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2019
Una no fit understand! I suspect that guy might not have paper or he's in process to get one and any mistake can jeopardize his chance of having it.
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by nedekid: 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
edoairways:
I suspect the dude was on high speed when the police stopped to check for relevant documents. "I beg you in the name of God indeed", was he expecting the officer to be lenient because he mentioned God or does he thinks this is Nigeria where many use religion for cheap blackmail.
They have a device that scan passing vehicles and get alerted when one without proper documentation approaches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by siduofmandesid(m): 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
GOD dey ?
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by Legendguru: 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
Oh
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by edward1984(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
blackboy2star:
Begging them in the name of God, why not do the right thing in the first place... Naija police nor lastma dey hear ' I beg you in the name of God' haqhaqhaq

He was even calling her "darling" grin grin grin grin he thinks he is in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by edoairways: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
nedekid:

They have a device that scan passing vehicles and get alerted when one without proper documentation approaches.
ok
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by erico2k2(m): 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
1Sharon:

Yes you're right. And they do this randomly

Ppl without mot/insurance, I'm sure their heart must be beating so fast any time they drive in front of police grin
Its not random, its every time, once the car is driving ANPR is on 24/7

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by koolaid87: 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
Dumb Niggaz

Patronizing her....who's your darling

Just accept your foolishness as these officers are different to the ones in your Sh1thole

1 Like

Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by Karrate: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2019
sencekompis:

NO JAIL FOR SUCH THINGS HERE OLODO, HIS DRIVER LICENSE POINTS WILL SCREEN YEPAAA OR PAY PENALTIES THATS ALL.. JAIL TERM BAWO??

Well they do jail re-offending drink drivers or drivers already on driving ban that sneaked behind the wheels and get caught again driving while on ban.
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by 1Sharon(f): 5:39am On Nov 09, 2019
Prince001:
Una no fit understand! I suspect that guy might not have paper or he's in process to get one and any mistake can jeopardize his chance of having it.

Well that's his own fault
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by Prince001(m): 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
1Sharon:

Well that's his own fault

Yea cos Naija like to flex even when they are in situation that d best thing is to lay low. They are plenty in London like that driving car without license as well and with no good immigration status aka paper.
Pls Naija lay low until u are really really ok for abroad ooo.
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by sweetilicious(f): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
Am not your darling. Did you leave your darling at home?
Re: Man Begs UK Police In God's Name After Being Caught With Expired Car Insurance by budaatum: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
ajl:
Normally police won't stop you on the road to ask for insurance except if you have done something wrong, like jump red light or stop sign, have non-functioning light, overspending, etc. First they ask for your driver's license and then your insurance paper. Don't believe that everyone you see on the road has insurance, white or black. There are a lot of them here in the US. When accident occur such drivers simply abscond.
Not true, not in UK at least where we can tell by data recognising you registration number to tell if you have insurance. Young guys in powerful cars is also a red flag.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Shares Graphic Pictures Of What A Woman Beater Did To Her / Police Arrest Hon. Robinson Uwak For Criminal Blackmail / Bola Aseyan Released After Meeting Bail Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.