Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,721 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) (41192 Views)

Little Ben Bruce Listens To Radio Commentary On Nigeria Civil War (Throwback) / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by nagoma(m): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2019
Neddstark:
Biafran propaganda worked on these ones. Not on the whole world. When Igbo soldiers chose to kill the Nigerian Prime minister, Northern Premier Western Premier, they thought they would keep having their way. To crown more insult, an Igbo man became the head of state and refused to execute the murderers, Nzeogwu, Ifeajunna, etc.

Blood was shed and justice was not served. The other part of Nigeria were not fools, they took power back by force. That is when Igbos remembered Biafra, after destabilizing a newly independent nation. Knowing they could not win the war, they started propaganda showing their children with Kwarshiokor to plead for world sympathy.

Glad the British, Americans, Russians stood their ground. Biafra was a rogue nation that didnt need to stand. and in 1970, the nation of Biafra ceased to exist.

Insult me all you want, but you know this is the blunt truth. You dont kill a head of state without consequences. This doesn't exonerate the pogrom killings by the Northerners of Igbos then, that was the height of savagery and wickedness. The innocent Igbos didn't deserve that. Deep in my heart, I yearn for an Igbo to become president of Nigeria one day. But with your useless aspirants like Owelle Rochas, this aspiration may take awhile.

The truth my brother. You’ve said it all.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by SEGLIZ: 8:48am On Nov 08, 2019
Enculer2:

Your fathers were the foolish ones.

funny enough we the children are still toeing their foolish tracks.

3 Likes

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by patwilly(m): 8:49am On Nov 08, 2019
immhotep:
All the intelligent people support B.I.A.F.R.A.
Cc lzaa gmbuharii helinues greenback turantula omenka
How do I get this book? pls reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 08, 2019
patwilly:

How do I get this book? pls reply.
Mainly on amazon.com website
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by maasoap(m): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2019
athaboi:
What saved Nigeria is the European powers that supported her against Biafra if not they couldn't have done much like they did against Biafra

You neither had population or resources to prosecute war for a very long time my friend. Nigeria was fighting you and feeding you at the same time. See what happened when they stopped feeding you! May be you want to tell us the areas where you had advantages over Nigeria at the time.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2019
Abeg federal gov't should give this guys their landlocked red mud tiny biafra quickly make everybody for rest..
ah ahn, biafra this biafra that....angryangry
Mtcheew..gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Myhusband(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2019
Enculer2:

Says the descentdant of a cowardly hausa fulani slave.

Cowardly is ojukwu that ran away and left your forefathers to die like chicken

Ojukwu is Hausa/Fulani slave that came to contest presidency in same country he wasted his kinsmen ignorantly

Slaves are all Igbo that abused nnamdi KANU on Eve year to 2019 election, abandoned their course(Biafra) and lined behind Hausa/Fulani man

You Igbo are shameless

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2019
athaboi:
What saved Nigeria is the European powers that supported her against Biafra if not they couldn't have done much like they did against Biafra
what of france and other european countreis that also supported biafra .. why couldn't you win the war

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Coldie(m): 9:05am On Nov 08, 2019
Nigerian leaders made them stop teaching history in our schools so we can at least reduce the hate and hide our violent filled past.

But our people from east use our own hand dae remind the rest of Nigeria about the matter every time.

Every time we Igbo's mention Biafra and others decide to look into it, the mistrust for Igbo's increase the more, but our people will never listen
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by LyfeJennings(m): 9:05am On Nov 08, 2019
ezenwajosh:
God can't bless something he didn't create....LUGARD CREATED NIGERIA....

NIGERIA WAS A TRANSACTION THAT SAVED UNITED KINGDOM FROM GOING COMPLETELY BANK RUPT AFTER THE WORLD WAR....its not and can never be a NATION

Ode leleyi o
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2019
adenigga:

British didn't, to the best of my knowledge. If not for Russia support ( USSR ) Nigeria soldiers would have suffered.
I don't understand you guys you mean US, UK, and Russian armies put on their camo and down to Africa to fight biafra armies or what are you talking about gringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:09am On Nov 08, 2019
Is it true US, UK, and Russian armies put on their camo and down to Africa to fight biafra armies gringringringrin
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:11am On Nov 08, 2019
Ojiofor:

Well a biafran did in the person of Dr Akanu Ibiam.

Dick Tiger returned his too....
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by airbrush: 9:15am On Nov 08, 2019
mrvitalis:

Nigeria better respect equity else she would fight another war

lolz Nigeria is destined to Fight another war even the fulanis who this very well have long been preparing for it

but the rest of us !!!!
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Ojiofor: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Dick Tiger returned his too....

Yeah Biafrans were loyal and patriotic to their nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2019
Myhusband:

God bless you bro. Nigeria predicament started with Igbo.

Igbo foolishly give more political power to the North today, ignorantly quench political equality among the major tribe with their kinsman unitary scam

they started the war, how one is the subject and still cry victim again amuse me
you dey mind those guys.... you started war, you still want others to come and bag you after you also killed them.. angryangry
Mtcheeew.. gringrin
Then for don even get their biafra since if only them restrict their biafra to their Landlocked red mud SE region but no, then want the coastal states of SS and their crude oil to survive..

Ask them why them nor wan restict biafra to SE only so that them go quick get their republic na because igbos nor go fit survive as majority of them Na traders.. how people way be traders go to survive..who then wan sell to for their country..
You nor see the way other african countries they lock their shops and attack their traders.. as at that time, to travel out go open shop for another person country to be war gringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by uuzba(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2019
mrvitalis:

Nigeria better respect equity else she would fight another war
...she would fight....

Who is the she that will fight?
Is it you?
Do you have the power and authority to LEAVE YOUR SMARTPHONE, and come out on the road and start fighting?

Who are you even fighting?

She ko, She Ni....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 08, 2019
Patrioticman007:

What of the Christianity that the English gave southern Nigeria, is that part of the transaction ?. As such Christianity can never be a religion in Nigeria, going by your statement analogy. Ipobians spotted.

Nigeria is the bottom pits of reasoning....western didn't give India their religion all religions have root and Christianity is part of the packages that came with the invasion and infusing forcefully and experimentally different people with different reasoning, believe and religion together and called them NIGERIA...am not comfortable with Nigeria if you're its fine by me am only pointing out the artificial forces that bring about your country
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by kingsilvae: 9:20am On Nov 08, 2019
Happy Jumaat Mubarak to all our Muslim brothers and sisters may today bring you all the good blessings of life
from us at Yippeehub

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by uuzba(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2019
brudiga:
An illiterate is the president... another illiterate is posting topic on a forum created by a fantastic brain

Useless country where illiterates are kings...
You that are not illiterate, what are you doing?
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by johnmartus(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2019
Oh really lugard created Nigeria not God but who created lugard.
ezenwajosh:
God can't bless something he didn't create....LUGARD CREATED NIGERIA....

NIGERIA WAS A TRANSACTION THAT SAVED UNITED KINGDOM FROM GOING COMPLETELY BANK RUPT AFTER THE WORLD WAR....its not and can never be a NATION
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2019
Adakintroy2:

Forget this weak doctrin. American has a far more complex socio, ethnic arithmetics that us yet it' striving. We talking full blown conscionceness of nationhood inherent in the mind of individuals living there. Different tribes from different nations. All striving on one principle of love and tolerance. We can profit from one another if we put aside petty politics and borrow from each other strength

And I have one question for you....do you think america will would have moved forward if they live side by side with TALIBANS?

America wasn't created by force or through experiment

America was created by people who understand they have common goal, believe, reasoning and understanding

America wasn't a transaction

America was created by natural force not artificial

Do a simple experiment and ask WHO CREATED AMERICA, ENGLAND, SCOTLAND AND ASK GOOGLE WHO CREATED NIGERIA and there you have all you need to know....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Proffdada: 9:25am On Nov 08, 2019
RTSC:
The great John Lennon.
that said he's more popular than Jesus Christ
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by ziegurf(m): 9:27am On Nov 08, 2019
Neddstark:
Biafran propaganda worked on these ones. Not on the whole world. When Igbo soldiers chose to kill the Nigerian Prime minister, Northern Premier Western Premier, they thought they would keep having their way. To crown more insult, an Igbo man became the head of state and refused to execute the murderers, Nzeogwu, Ifeajunna, etc.

Blood was shed and justice was not served. The other part of Nigeria were not fools, they took power back by force. That is when Igbos remembered Biafra, after destabilizing a newly independent nation. Knowing they could not win the war, they started propaganda showing their children with Kwarshiokor to plead for world sympathy.

Glad the British, Americans, Russians stood their ground. Biafra was a rogue nation that didnt need to stand. and in 1970, the nation of Biafra ceased to exist.

Insult me all you want, but you know this is the blunt truth. You dont kill a head of state without consequences. This doesn't exonerate the pogrom killings by the Northerners of Igbos then, that was the height of savagery and wickedness. The innocent Igbos didn't deserve that. Deep in my heart, I yearn for an Igbo to become president of Nigeria one day. But with your useless aspirants like Owelle Rochas, this aspiration may take awhile.

....bullshit

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:27am On Nov 08, 2019
ezenwajosh:

And I have one question for you....do you think america will would have moved forward if they live side by side with TALIBANS?

America wasn't created by force or through experiment

America was created by people who understand they have common goal, believe, reasoning and understanding

America wasn't a transaction

America was created by natural force not artificial

Do a simple experiment and ask WHO CREATED AMERICA, ENGLAND, SCOTLAND AND ASK GOOGLE WHO CREATED NIGERIA and there you have all you need to know....
me I pray daily that biafra come to pass.. I want to see how it will look like gringrin
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2019
johnmartus:
Oh really lugard created Nigeria not God but who created lugard.

...they way you guys reason in Nigeria it even scares the devil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by johnmartus(m): 9:34am On Nov 08, 2019
Like how .
ezenwajosh:

...they way you guys reason in Nigeria it even scares the devil
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by themanderon: 9:34am On Nov 08, 2019
That's why they killed him. He was anti establishment. The evil British empire and indeed all colonialists did great damage to Africa. They deliberately put all their colonies in Africa in a perpetual state of backwardness so they can continue to depend on them while fleecing them of billions every year.
They always ensure they install their stooges like the one presently ruling us to ensure that backwardness is perpetuated.
Very vile and wicked souls they are.

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by dederocs(m): 9:37am On Nov 08, 2019
Great man he was, conscious.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Myhusband(m): 9:42am On Nov 08, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
you dey mind those guys.... you started war, you still want others to come and bag you after you also killed them.. angryangry
Mtcheeew.. gringrin
Then for don even get their biafra since if only them restrict their biafra to their Landlocked red mud SE region but no, then want the coastal states of SS and their crude oil to survive..

Ask them why them nor wan restict biafra to SE only so that them go quick get their republic na because igbos nor go fit survive as majority of them Na traders.. how people way be traders go to survive..who then wan sell to for their country..
You nor see the way other african countries they lock their shops and attack their traders.. as at that time, to travel out go open shop for another person country to be war gringringrin

you've said it all bro! they lack foresight

ojukwu didn't think of what if we lost the war, no alternative means for his people, he ran and left them defenselessly

KANU told his people not to vote in zoo election. I thought they now have a consistent leader only for the fooool to reverse his statement

when Igbo talk about politics and disintegration here I always see them as clowns because that's what they're
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Mokason28: 9:56am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:
Only if the young easterners are ready to learn about the implications of war
Direct this ur nansense talk to the old northerners

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT / Forgery: I Am Not Answerable To You, AGF Tells senate / Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Mamman Vatsa In Secondary School Bida.Throwback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.