Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) (40656 Views)

Little Ben Bruce Listens To Radio Commentary On Nigeria Civil War (Throwback) / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Truthwords: 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2019
Adakintroy2:

Forget this weak doctrin. American has a far more complex socio, ethnic arithmetics that us yet it' striving. We talking full blown conscionceness of nationhood inherent in the mind of individuals living there. Different tribes from different nations. All striving on one principle of love and tolerance. We can profit from one another if we put aside petty politics and borrow from each other strength
America and Nigeria are british companies . I wish you would understand that
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Truthwords: 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
oga answer the damn question gringrin
How does buying weapons from superpowers now mean they supported us to fight ragtag biafra armies gringrin
How come it took 3 years to defeat the so called ragtag armies , after gowon promised to defeat them in just 3 days . You were lucky you had help
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
Truthwords:
How come it took 3 years to defeat the so called ragtag armies , after gowon promised to defeat them in just 3 days . You were lucky you had help
oga the war took that long because the core southern states didn't join the war in time... states like delta, Edo, etc didn't join untill biafra armies invaded the mid west.. it is also documented that yorubas didn't want to join not untill biafra army were heldibg to lagos..
Or you possibly think if yorubas and the rest south had join don beginning, the war would have taken more than 1month ? gringringrin
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by MrCEO69(m): 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:
Only if the young easterners are ready to learn about the implications of war
U think the brit will come this time? if nigeria remains like this, my brother we wnt be brothers again oh..

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Monogamy: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2019
MrCEO69:

U think the brit will come this time? if nigeria remains like this, my brother we wnt be brothers again oh..

The politics that is dividing us only appears online not offline.. All regions have same enemy which are the politicians

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by patwilly(m): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
immhotep:
Mainly on amazon.com website
Any chance I can get a free version?
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by danot1030: 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
And the coward leader of the Igbos is there in UK and can't protest along.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Truthwords: 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
oga the war took that long because the core southern states didn't join the war in time... states like delta, Edo, etc didn't join untill biafra armies invaded the mid west.. it is also documented that yorubas didn't want to join not untill biafra army were heldibg to lagos..
Or you possibly think if yorubas and the rest south had join don beginning, the war would have taken more than 1month ? gringringrin
so in your mind the south south is Nigerian territory ? Have you even found out why the west refused to join the war . How old are you ? . Go and ask an unbiased elder what truly transpired . like I said , you guys got help , one that wont come again . there is a storm brewing in Europe . You cant feel it yet

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Dedetwo(m): 1:44am On Nov 09, 2019
DameB:
Will a Nigerian even return such an award to the Queen for Nigeria

Yes, Akanu Ibiam returned his MBE because of British involvement in Nigeria/Biafra war on Nigerian side.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Dedetwo(m): 1:46am On Nov 09, 2019
Neddstark:
Biafran propaganda worked on these ones. Not on the whole world. When Igbo soldiers chose to kill the Nigerian Prime minister, Northern Premier Western Premier, they thought they would keep having their way. To crown more insult, an Igbo man became the head of state and refused to execute the murderers, Nzeogwu, Ifeajunna, etc.

Blood was shed and justice was not served. The other part of Nigeria were not fools, they took power back by force. That is when Igbos remembered Biafra, after destabilizing a newly independent nation. Knowing they could not win the war, they started propaganda showing their children with Kwarshiokor to plead for world sympathy.

Glad the British, Americans, Russians stood their ground. Biafra was a rogue nation that didnt need to stand. and in 1970, the nation of Biafra ceased to exist.

Insult me all you want, but you know this is the blunt truth. You dont kill a head of state without consequences. This doesn't exonerate the pogrom killings by the Northerners of Igbos then, that was the height of savagery and wickedness. The innocent Igbos didn't deserve that. Deep in my heart, I yearn for an Igbo to become president of Nigeria one day. But with your useless aspirants like Owelle Rochas, this aspiration may take awhile.

I guess stupidity cannot be fixed. There was no such thing as Igbo soldiers. They were Nigerian soldiers.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by DameB(f): 6:19am On Nov 09, 2019
Dedetwo:

Yes, Akanu Ibiam returned his MBE because of British involvement in Nigeria/Biafra war on Nigerian side.

Thanks for the info.
Someone else informed me earlier also. Now I know smiley
My people say who dey ask questions nor dey miss road.
Do have a good day sir
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 6:59am On Nov 09, 2019
Truthwords:
so in your mind the south south is Nigerian territory ? Have you even found out why the west refused to join the war . How old are you ? . Go and ask an unbiased elder what truly transpired . like I said , you guys got help , one that wont come again . there is a storm brewing in Europe . You cant feel it yet
what ever mate..
Just know that SW and ND didn't initially want to join the war not untill biafra army invaded these regions... particularly west... we joined the war fully when biafra army were heading to lagos..
If ojukwu had faced the north only, he would have won cause the northerners don't have the brain to properly the armies to win the war.. that was why Nigerian army had so many casualties..
You can even see how northerners had made present day Nigeria army to be a jokegringrin

So bro the war was initially between north and east not untill biafra army invade other territories that made us and the other south to fully join the war.. gringrin

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by GMbuharii: 9:41am On Nov 09, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
what ever mate..
Just know that SW and ND didn't initially want to join the war not untill biafra army invaded these regions... particularly west... we joined the war fully when biafra army were heading to lagos..
If ojukwu had faced the north only, he would have won cause the northerners don't have the brain to properly the armies to win the war.. that was why Nigerian army had so many casualties..
You can even see how northerners had made present day Nigeria army to be a jokegringrin

So bro the war was initially between north and east not untill biafra army invade other territories that made us and the other south to fully join the war.. gringrin

Amala sermon grin

lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by GMbuharii: 9:44am On Nov 09, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
oga which crude oil are you guys talking about angryangry
If you igbos had restricted your red mud republic to your SE only region in the first place, you wouldn't have fought any war as gowon would have giving you even free transport to move back to the east..
But you guys need the coastal areas and oil of the SS, fertile land of the MB, and even their landmass as the SE is to tiny to contain 40m+ people..
And you guys even need their population because you guys are traders.. who will you sell your imported goods from China to ... reason why you will see igbos in the remotest part any where any Nigeria cause you are all economic refugees gringrin;grin

Self appointed Hausa Fulani Spokesman.... don't worry,your BMC chop money is on the way lolsssssss
grin
Lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by IGBOSON1: 10:46am On Nov 09, 2019
ezenwajosh:
God can't bless something he didn't create....LUGARD CREATED NIGERIA....ARTIFICIALLY THATS WHY THEY KEEP SINGING THE AUDIO UNITY SINCE 1914 TO DATE

GOD CREATS A NATION WHEN IT HAPPENS NATURALLY( Men with common reasoning, understanding, religion and believes comes together and form a nation that's why its called NATION)NOT WHEN SOMEONE INVADES MY HOME AND EXPERIMENT WITH ME LEAVING SIDE BY SIDE WITH TALIBANS( A SET OF PEOPLE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM ME IN EVERYTHING) AND GAVE ME A NAME NIGERIA AND MY CHILDREN WILL GROW UP DEFENDING IT AS A NATION

NIGERIA WAS A TRANSACTION THAT SAVED UNITED KINGDOM FROM GOING COMPLETELY BANK RUPT AFTER THE WORLD WAR....its not and can never be a NATION

Ask yourselves why you're doing politics of its our turn
Oh its our turn in 2095 and when its our turn we can do what ever we want...these kind of politics happens when the slave masters wants to hold their slaves down forever

Saying Nigeria is a nation is a rude joke that has run its course!

Nigeria is 'one nation', yet you have a group or section of the country saying if their 'birthright' the presidency is not returned to them that the country would be made ungovernable; you have so called 'fellow compatriots' saying a section of the country is not trusted to produce the president or that a section of the country are not trusted to head any of the military/paramilitary institutions in the country! Does this sound like a country that's a nation and united?

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by FemiMaduka(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
what ever mate..

Half of your problems would be solved the moment you realise you are not very smart.

1) Biafran forces matched towards Lagos because it was the capital then; it is a natural inclination in any war to try to subdue the capital city of the enemy country. In fact, it is the most important objective in most wars. When you neutralize the capital, you break the back of the enemy's war effort. And please, use your brain, the Mid-West lain on the road to Lagos [the federal capital], so, commonsensically, there was no way the Biafran forces would have gotten to the enemy capital without crossing through it. This is so basic.

2) Don't be simple-minded, every other ethnic group was involved in that war on the federalist-Nigerian side--Yoruba inclusive. Oh please! We have a problem having people like you litter the cyberspace with misinformation. How old are you! Brigadier Benjamin Adekunle [Black Scorpion] was the arrowhead of Nigeria's push. Every officer of the Nigerian Army got involved. So your assertion is at best nonsensical.

3) Biafra never really gainned legitimacy, so the support it got was basically humanitarian in nature--food and medicine. In that period, the countries that mattered were The Soviet Union and The United States, every other country was an also-ran. It was not a war featuring independent states perse, it was more like an internal rebellion. So Nigeria got all the substantive support.

4) And please, Boko haram has long morphed into a full-blown terror-group in the mould of ISIS. It does not have much to do any longer with anything you said about northern political expediency. I would have schooled you but there is no point.

5) I am grateful Nigeria didn't break into fragment. This country has the potential to be great, but silly, backward-oriented people like you will keep pulling it down and acting as clogs in the wheel of its progress. Listen, if Nigeria didn't get the active support it got from the superpowers [US, USSR, Britain etc.], Nigeria would be a different thing from what we have presently--probably there wouldn't be a Nigeria even.

6) I repeat, there were foreign-boots on ground. Even in this war against insurgency there were foreign-boots on ground. I have had the privilege to share correspondence with Eeben Barlow, the head of the 'foreign-boots' in the war against Boko haram. You don't know what you are talking of, please.

P.S.: log off and go in search of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:00am On Nov 09, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Half of your problems would be solved the moment you realise you are not very smart.

1) Biafran forces matched towards Lagos because it was the capital then; it is a natural inclination in any war to try to subdue the capital city of the enemy country. In fact, it is the most important objective in most wars. When you neutralize the capital, you break the back of the enemy's war effort. And please, use your brain, the Mid-West lain on the road to Lagos [the federal capital], so, commonsensically, there was no way the Biafran forces would have gotten to the enemy capital without crossing through it. This is so basic.

2) Don't be simple-minded, every other ethnic group was involved in that war on the federalist-Nigerian side--Yoruba inclusive. Oh please! We have a problem having people like you litter the cyberspace with misinformation. How old are you! Brigadier Benjamin Adekunle [Black Scorpion] was the arrowhead of Nigeria's push. Every officer of the Nigerian Army got involved. So your assertion is at best nonsensical.

3) Biafra never really gainned legitimacy, so the support it got was basically humanitarian in nature--food and medicine. In that period, the countries that mattered were The Soviet Union and The United States, every other country was an also-ran. It was not a war featuring independent states perse, it was more like an internal rebellion. So Nigeria got all the substantive support.

4) And please, Boko haram has long morphed into a full-blown terror-group in the mould of ISIS. It does not have much to do any longer with anything you said about northern political expediency. I would have schooled you but there is no point.

5) I repeat, there were foreign-boots on ground.

P.S.: log off and go in search of knowledge.
do you know that some yorubas also joined biafra armygringringrin
What I am saying is that yorubas and other southerners didn't join the war on time.. particularly yorubas.. we didn't join not untill biafra armies were heading to lagos.. though few of us might have joined Nigeria before so did we also joined the biafra army. but we joined Nigeria fully when biafra army were heading to lagos, same reason ND joined Nigeria when biafra army invaded their regions. It is on record.

And please can you show me a video of foreign soldiers fighting biafra soldiers cause of all the biafra war videos I have etched, I haven't seen any..gringringrin
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2019
GMbuharii:

Self appointed Hausa Fulani Spokesman.... don't worry,your BMC chop money is on the way lolsssssss
grin
Lzaa
sharap illiterategringringrin
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2019
GMbuharii:

Amala sermon grin

lzaa immhotep
who is this isi-ewugringringrin
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:12am On Nov 09, 2019
FemiMaduka:

[s]Half of your problems would be solved the moment you realise you are not very smart.

5) I am grateful Nigeria didn't break into fragment. This country has the potential to be great, but silly, backward-oriented people like you will keep pulling it down and acting as clogs in the wheel of its progress. Listen, if Nigeria didn't get the active support it got from the superpowers [US, USSR, Britain etc.], Nigeria would be a different thing from what we have presently--probably there wouldn't be a Nigeria even.

6) I repeat, there were foreign-boots on ground. Even in this war against insurgency there were foreign-boots on ground. I have had the privilege to share correspondence with Eeben Barlow, the head of the 'foreign-boots' in the war against Boko haram. You don't know what you are talking of, please.

P.S.: log off and go in search of knowledge.[/s]
oga what i am saying is that yorubas and other southerners (ND) joined the war fully when biafra armies invaded those regions.. the war was suppose to be btw the north and east initially because the north were the ones who carried out the pogrom not yorubas..
You are mentioning Black scorpion need I remind you that some yorubas also joined the biafra army like banjo and some supported biafra against Nigeria like soyinka..do you even know that one igbo man was supplying Nigeria weapon to kill his own people and your obj of onishta joined Nigeria..

I repeat if the core south had joinedNigeria on time, that war wouldn't have taken 1month to finish.. Northerners don't have brain to lead armies to win at war..that was why biafra armies killed alot of nigeria armies because it was made mainly of abokisgringrin

If ojukwu had faced the north only and never thought of invading west and south, he would have won that war...
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Dedetwo(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2019
adenigga:

British didn't, to the best of my knowledge. If not for Russia support ( USSR ) Nigeria soldiers would have suffered.

Are you okay? I guess the best of your knowledge is no knowledge at all. British was the brain behind the Nigeria during the war. British supplied the strategies and initial weapons of the war to Nigeria and blazed the diplomatic front for Nigeria. In other words, the war was between British and Biafra.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by FemiMaduka(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
do you know that some yorubas also joined biafra armygringringrin
What I am saying is that yorubas and other southerners didn't join the war on time.. particularly yorubas.. we didn't join not untill biafra armies were heading to lagos.. though few of us might have joined Nigeria before so did we also joined the biafra army. but we joined Nigeria fully when biafra army were heading to lagos, same reason ND joined Nigeria when biafra army invaded their regions. It is on record.

And please can you show me a video of foreign soldiers fighting biafra soldiers cause of all the biafra war videos I have etched, I haven't seen any..gringringrin

Go back and read what I wrote. There is nothing like "Yoruba people didn't join on time". Except if there were no officers and men of Yoruba extraction in the army prior to 1967, that is the only chance your bunkum has at being true--of which there is no chance really.

Adewale Ademoyega was part of the five majors, led by Kaduna Nzeogwu, that hatched the coup. Lt. Fola Oyewole and Lt. Col. Banjo both fought on the Biafran side. That is the much I have on record. Aside these three, the rest of the Yoruba contingent in the Nigerian Army [thousands of them] fought on the Nigerian side. Please stop peddling silly narratives. How can an army be fully pressed in a war and a certain part of it would decide to sit back? Does it make sense to you?

The war was between The Nigerian federal government and the renegade Eastern region. EVERY other part of Nigeria took an active part in the war against Biafra. Stop writing nonsense.

I already told you Lagos was targeted because it was the federal capital, the nucleus of the command and control--Gowon's lair! The areas that lain on the road to Lagos were also theatres in that regrettable conflict.

Don't be slow! Lagos was the seat of power!

Log off and get knowledge.

P.S.: I have been replying you for the sake of those who will read your bunkum and use it to form warped, unfortunate opinions. However, I am sapped already exchanging with you. Your logic is ridiculously warped bro! I am out.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Dedetwo(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
oga what i am saying is that yorubas and other southerners (ND) joined the war fully when biafra armies invaded those regions.. the war was suppose to be btw the north and east initially because the north were the ones who carried out the pogrom not yorubas..
You are mentioning Black scorpion need I remind you that some yorubas also joined the biafra army like banjo and some supported biafra against Nigeria like soyinka..do you even know that one igbo man was supplying Nigeria weapon to kill his own people and your obj of onishta joined Nigeria..

I repeat if the core south had joinedNigeria on time, that war wouldn't have taken 1month to finish.. Northerners don't have brain to lead armies to win at war..that was why biafra armies killed alot of nigeria armies because it was made mainly of abokisgringrin

If ojukwu had faced the north only and never thought of invading west and south, he would have won that war...

Granted Nigeria has numerous problems but undoing of the zoo is poor educational system. Biafra did only retaliate after its territories were invaded by the combined forces of northerners, yorubas and other southerners. Eastern region of Nigeria did not move into any part regarded as Nigerian territories until August 8, 1967. However before this date, the combined forces of northerners, yorubas and other southerners have attacked Eastern region capturing places such as Obollo Eke, Gakem and Ubani (Bonny) by July 26, 1967. It must be recalled the combined forces of northerners, yorubas and other southerners that attacked Ubani (Bonny) were trained in Midwestern region and initiated attack on Eastern region from their training depot. Most Nigerians are dumbass fools who cannot solve simple arithmetic to save their freaking lives.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2019
Dedetwo:

[s]Granted Nigeria has numerous problems but undoing of the zoo is poor educational system. Biafra did only retaliate after its territories were invaded by the combined forces of northerners, yorubas and other southerners. Eastern region of Nigeria did move any part regarded as Nigerian territories until August 8, 1967. However before this date, the combined forces of northerners, yorubas and other southerners have attacked Eastern region capturing places such as Obollo Eke, Gakem and Ubani (Bonny) by July 26, 1967. It must be recalled the combined forces of northerners, yorubas and other southerners that attacked Ubani (Bonny) were trained in Midwestern region and initiated attack on Eastern region from their training depot. Most Nigerians are dumbass fools who cannot solve simple arithmetic to save their freaking lives.[/s]
so gowon who lead Nigeria first attack is now a westerner or southerner gringrin
Clowngringrin
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:41am On Nov 09, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Go back and read what I wrote. There is nothing like "Yoruba people didn't join on time". Except if there were no officers and men of Yoruba extraction in the army prior to 1967, that is the only chance your bunkum has at being true--of which there is no chance really.

Adewale Ademoyega was part of the five majors, led by Kaduna Nzeogwu, that hatched the coup. Lt. Fola Oyewole and Lt. Col. Banjo both fought on the Biafran side. That is the much I have on record. Aside these three, the rest of the Yoruba contingent in the Nigerian Army [thousands of them] fought on the Nigerian side. Please stop peddling silly narratives. How can an army be fully pressed in a war and a certain part of it would decide to sit back? Does it make sense to you?

The war was between The Nigerian federal government and the renegade Eastern region. EVERY other part of Nigeria took an active part in the war against Biafra. Stop writing nonsense.

I already told you Lagos was targeted because it was the federal capital, the nucleus of the command and control--Gowon's lair! The areas that lain on the road to Lagos were also theatres in that regrettable conflict.

Don't be slow! Lagos was the seat of power!

Log off and get knowledge.

P.S.: I have been replying you for the sake of those who will read your bunkum and use it to form warped, unfortunate opinions. However, I am sapped already exchanging with you. Your logic is ridiculously warped bro! I am out.
please go back and read my initial comment gringringrin
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Dedetwo(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2019
Neddstark:
Biafran propaganda worked on these ones. Not on the whole world. When Igbo soldiers chose to kill the Nigerian Prime minister, Northern Premier Western Premier, they thought they would keep having their way. To crown more insult, [b]an Igbo man became the head of state and refused to execute the murderers, Nzeogwu, Ifeajunna, etc.

Blood was shed and justice was not served. The other part of Nigeria were not fools, they took power back by force. That is when Igbos remembered Biafra, after destabilizing a newly independent nation. Knowing they could not win the war, they started propaganda showing their children with Kwarshiokor to plead for world sympathy.

Glad the British, Americans, Russians stood their ground. Biafra was a rogue nation that didnt need to stand. and in 1970, the nation of Biafra ceased to exist.

Insult me all you want, but you know this is the blunt truth. You dont kill a head of state without consequences. This doesn't exonerate the pogrom killings by the Northerners of Igbos then, that was the height of savagery and wickedness. The innocent Igbos didn't deserve that. Deep in my heart, I yearn for an Igbo to become president of Nigeria one day. But with your useless aspirants like Owelle Rochas, this aspiration may take awhile.

There is no reason under Sun to insult an individual with the stream of thought demonstrated in the above crap. To insult a person of low intellect is an exercise in futility. I am sure you do not have required intellect to realize there was nothing such as Igbo soldiers but Nigeria soldiers in 1966. Nigerian Prime minister, Northern Premier and Western Premier were belligerent and found joy in dehumanizing and impugning the character of ethnic groups in the country other than theirs. In 1961, Nigerian Prime minister indulged in a brazen corruptible practice of nepotism that destroyed the rank and file of the Nigerian armed forces which saw the likes of 2Lt Muhammadu Buhari, who had no WASC certificate, into Nigerian armed forces officers' cadre.

There was no clause in 1963 Nigerian constitution or code of Military conduct that requires coup plotters to be executed. The punishment was jail term. However the couple plotters must face fact finding tribunal and court martial before prison term. Aguiyi constituted the fact finding tribunal which consisted Yakubu Gowan, Bala Usman and M D Yusuf. Instead of these jackasses getting the facts about the coup for court martial, they were busy planning a counter coup.

The execution of coup plotters was introduced in Nigeria by idiotic Obasanjo and his Fulani masters when Murtala Mohammed was deleted from the earth in 1975. The irony is that when the ninny, Obasanjo, was implicated in a coup, he cried river. If Abacha had followed the template created in Nigeria by the jackass, Obasanjo would have been a carcass by now.

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Dedetwo(m): 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
so gowon who lead Nigeria first attack is now a westerner or southerner gringrin
Clowngringrin

I guess it takes one Clown to recognize another. Gowon was Nigerian armed forces, commanded 3MCDO and was the riflemen of the Division. On this note, you are very smart. No wonder Nigeria is swimming in the bottom of idiocy.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dedetwo:

I guess it takes one Clown to recognize another. Gowon was Nigerian armed forces, commanded 3MCDO and was the riflemen of the Division. On this note, you are very smart. No wonder Nigeria is swimming in the bottom of idiocy.
abi this one they mad?.. was it not gowon who lead Nigeria first attack..
Clowngringrin
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by adenigga(m): 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dedetwo:

Are you okay? I guess the best of your knowledge is no knowledge at all. British was the brain behind the Nigeria during the war. British supplied the strategies and initial weapons of the war to Nigeria and blazed the diplomatic front for Nigeria. In other words, the war was between British and Biafra.

I'm okay Sir! I won't use an abusive language against you because that might differentiate us.

But go back to memory lane, you will get the facts. If British supported, it was when it's obvious that Nigeria might conquered.

Lastly, please restrain from using abusive language, respect is reciprocal.

Notwithstanding, I respect your opinion.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Neddstark: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dedetwo:

There is no reason under Sun to insult an individual with the stream of thought demonstrated in the above crap. To insult a person of low intellect is an exercise in futility. I am sure you do not have required intellect to realize there was nothing such as Igbo soldiers but Nigeria soldiers in 1966. Nigerian Prime minister, Northern Premier and Western Premier were belligerent and found joy in dehumanizing and impugning the character of ethnic groups in the country other than theirs. In 1961, Nigerian Prime minister indulged in a brazen corruptible practice of nepotism that destroyed the rank and file of the Nigerian armed forces which saw the likes of 2Lt Muhammadu Buhari, who had no WASC certificate, into Nigerian armed forces officers' cadre.

There was no clause in 1963 Nigerian constitution or code of Military conduct that requires coup plotters to be executed. The punishment was jail term. However the couple plotters must face fact finding tribunal and court martial before prison term. Aguiyi constituted the fact finding tribunal which consisted Yakubu Gowan, Bala Usman and M D Yusuf. Instead of these jackasses getting the facts about the coup for court martial, they were busy planning a counter coup.

The execution of coup plotters was introduced in Nigeria by idiotic Obasanjo and his Fulani masters when Murtala Mohammed was deleted from the earth in 1975. The irony is that when the ninny, Obasanjo, was implicated in a coup, he cried river. If Abacha had followed the template created in Nigeria by the jackass, Obasanjo would have been a carcass by now.

Sentiments have made you a radicalistic nincompoop
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Truthwords: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
what ever mate..

bed time kindagarten story , clap for yourself
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Kennyswagz1(m): 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
Truthwords:
bed time kindagarten story , clap for yourself
bye bye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obituary Of A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Photos) / Pandora Papers: Lawflex Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution Of Peter Obi / The Presidential Candidate FFK Won’t Support In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.