Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) (41197 Views)

Little Ben Bruce Listens To Radio Commentary On Nigeria Civil War (Throwback) / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 08, 2019
johnmartus:
Like how .

How can someone in his right sense reason lugard being created by God justifies him coming down all the way from Europe to create NIGERIA by joining people of different Reasoning, character, culture, understanding and language
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by kokomilala(m): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2019
These are avarde garde,bohemian people-not many in numbers and never shy to speak the truth to power. Jesus,Socrates, Jean Paul Satre-who rejected the Nobel Prize in 1964-, Fela Kuti,Franz Fanon and on and on.Their abrasive style of life,their signature mark them out ,because they cannot be contained by age-long dogmas or conventional reasoning.In short,these people would not be domesticated to humdrumery. They challenge, the jolt society and then leave the scene.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by FemiMaduka(m): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2019
Neddstark:
Biafran propaganda worked on these ones. Not on the whole world. When Igbo soldiers chose to kill the Nigerian Prime minister, Northern Premier Western Premier, they thought they would keep having their way. To crown more insult, an Igbo man became the head of state and refused to execute the murderers, Nzeogwu, Ifeajunna, etc.

Blood was shed and justice was not served. The other part of Nigeria were not fools, they took power back by force. That is when Igbos remembered Biafra, after destabilizing a newly independent nation. Knowing they could not win the war, they started propaganda showing their children with Kwarshiokor to plead for world sympathy.

Glad the British, Americans, Russians stood their ground. Biafra was a rogue nation that didnt need to stand. and in 1970, the nation of Biafra ceased to exist.

Insult me all you want, but you know this is the blunt truth. You dont kill a head of state without consequences. This doesn't exonerate the pogrom killings by the Northerners of Igbos then, that was the height of savagery and wickedness. The innocent Igbos didn't deserve that. Deep in my heart, I yearn for an Igbo to become president of Nigeria one day. But with your useless aspirants like Owelle Rochas, this aspiration may take awhile.

Do you have the faintest idea of the fact that Igbos had been killed enmass in the North long before Nigeria got independence--not to even talk of 1967?
Do you?

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Monogamy: 10:04am On Nov 08, 2019
Mokason28:

Direct this ur nansense talk to the old northerners

Is the message touching?
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by FemiMaduka(m): 10:07am On Nov 08, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
I don't understand you guys you mean US, UK, and Russian armies put on their camo and down to Africa to fight biafra armies or what are you talking about gringringrin

Don't be a FOOL! Let's not even talk about the super-powers of then; Egyptian pilots were flying attack sorties for the NAF! There was no way Nigeria could have prosecuted that 'war' without the external aide it got--no way!

Look at Boko haram today, it is a decade already and there are still local government areas in northern Borno that are a no-go-area for Nigerian troops.

Shut up if you are defective!

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Hexdavewalkersl: 10:17am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:
Only if the young easterners are ready to learn about the implications of war

What are you saying wasn't it Gowon that started it don't even call easterners here
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Monogamy: 10:18am On Nov 08, 2019
Hexdavewalkersl:

What are you saying wasn't it Gowon that started it don't even call easterners here

Gowon made a mistake so as Ojukwu.. The young generations shouldn't follow their steps
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by bigfish3k: 10:21am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:
you people should also learn the implications of cheating the easterners in every sphere of the nigerian project
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Monogamy: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2019
bigfish3k:

you people should also learn the implications of cheating the easterners in every sphere of the nigerian project

All regions are being cheated by the politicians.. The question is for how long are we going to allow the politicians to be cheating us?
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by bigfish3k: 10:26am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

All regions are being cheated by the politicians.. The question is for how long are we going to allow the politicians to be cheating us?
i dont think so, if not why is it only the igbos that want freedom
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by adenigga(m): 10:28am On Nov 08, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
I don't understand you guys you mean US, UK, and Russian armies put on their camo and down to Africa to fight biafra armies or what are you talking about gringringrin

In war situation you don't need to appear in person, the support comes from weapons & ammunitions supplies.

France supported Biafra then in terms of weapons & Ammunition, while Russia supported Nigeria after British stylishly turned down Nigeria.

So, brother get it right! The so called Book Haram, ISIS, ISIL some powerful countrys are behind.

If Nigeria is manufacturing bomb, weapons of mass distruction, ammunitions & we want to sell, will Nigeria pray for peace?
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Monogamy: 10:29am On Nov 08, 2019
bigfish3k:

i dont think so, if not why is it only the igbos that want freedom

Because of their political irrelevant... Igbo's should have asked their governors, senators, house of reps members what they are doing with the resources in their capacity.. Same as other region though only that they have it a little bit better than Igbo
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Patrioticman007(m): 10:31am On Nov 08, 2019
kokomilala:
These are avarde garde,bohemian people-not many in numbers and never shy to speak the truth to power. Jesus,Socrates, Jean Paul Satre-who rejected the Nobel Prize in 1964-, Fela Kuti,Franz Fanon and on and on.Their abrasive style of life,their signature mark them out ,because they cannot be contained by age-long dogmas or conventional reasoning.In short,these people would not be domesticated to humdrumery. They challenge, the jolt society and then leave the scene.

Olodo, Jesus was afraid of the constituted authority. When he said " Give to Ceaser, what belongs to Ceaser " he did not fight the Romans but compiled with their laws. Please read your history books.

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by jaszplus12(m): 10:32am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:
Unfortunately a very high percentage of them remain ignorant of the way things are happening in the world today.
The event of war looks macho in the TV...the reality on ground is better imagined! Only the informed know this
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 08, 2019
This story may explain why I saw Paul McCartney in the company of one aproko (sorry I really don't know the meaning) Igbo highlife artiste, who didn't know better than impregnating beauty queens, in the library, I was reading some years ago in the US. I had probably played myself into their companies: I had hit on a beauty queen who went to the same school as me. Secondly, 269 was the ending of my previous email. I had chosen the number at random, only to realise that 1969 was a memorable year in many respects: concerning Nigeria's civil war, the moon landing and Diddy's year of birth to name a few. And some jobless code-breakers had thought my 269 was referring to 1969. Let me stop here.............................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by bigfish3k: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

Because of their political irrelevant... Igbo's should have asked their governors, senators, house of reps members what they are doing with the resources in their capacity.. Same as other region though only that they have it a little bit better than Igbo
am talking about freedom here not resources

btw, have u forgotten that u people will attack us if we try to deal with our leaders, so stop telling us to ask our leaders anything- ekweremadu as a case study
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by inyenejo(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2019
Nigeria is not a nation and can never be.
We are not one in this country....
Abasi ibom eyong aben afeb
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by bigfish3k: 10:39am On Nov 08, 2019
Patrioticman007:

What of the Christianity that the English gave southern Nigeria, is that part of the transaction ?. As such Christianity can never be a religion in Nigeria, going by your statement analogy. Ipobians spotted.

christianity is in the bible but not nigeria
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Neddstark: 10:44am On Nov 08, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Do you have the faintest idea of the fact that Igbos had been killed enmass in the North long before Nigeria got independence--not to even talk of 1967?
Do you?

I didnt know. Proof please
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Monogamy: 10:44am On Nov 08, 2019
bigfish3k:

am talking about freedom here not resources

btw, have u forgotten that u people will attack us if we try to deal with our leaders, so stop telling us to ask our leaders anything- ekweremadu as a case study

Ikpeazu shouldn't have won his reelections if you guys are serious.. I am from SW, no Senators or house of reps have ever served than 2 terms from my constituency..

The rate of improvements might be low but we are still passing a message to them that if you don't perform we wont for you next tine
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by bigfish3k: 10:52am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

Ikpeazu shouldn't have won his reelections if you guys are serious.. I am from SW, no Senators or house of reps have ever served than 2 terms from my constituency..

The rate of improvements might be low but we are still passing a message to them that if you don't perform we wont for you next tine

its part of the freedom igbos are fighting for, most of these people are not popular
when a governor has abuja connection he can win elections with few local support

just support igbos to be free
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 08, 2019
sarrki:
War is not good in any form

Let’s avoid war as a nation and embrace peace

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

Without justice, equity n fairness, there can never be peace.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by kokomilala(m): 10:57am On Nov 08, 2019
@Patrioticman007, apoda ! Eni to ori ti dota!!! Jesus was also a revolutionary. He challenged the Jews-the Sahendrin- the ruling class of the day.The body was more or less administering Israel.They had executive powers ,excluding that of killing.
Didn't you read in your Bible where He stormed the temple and flogged the money changers out? Apoda, didn't you see the way He defied them over and over with His teachings,miracles and lifestyle? Olodo,He didn't need to take up arms against the Roman authorities, because that was not His mission on earth.His mission was to die for the propitiation of the collective sin of humanity. Or don't you read your Bible? Don't you know He had to bleed ,to die,to give His life as a ransom for many(cf Mark 10:45)
Before you went hysterical like a mad beast on my post, how many revolutionaries had you read? People like you who j'accuse people's posts just like to stir unnecessary storm in the calm of public discourse. Your tarzanist position will always make you look stupid!
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 08, 2019
Neddstark:
Biafran propaganda worked on these ones. Not on the whole world. When Igbo soldiers chose to kill the Nigerian Prime minister, Northern Premier Western Premier, they thought they would keep having their way. To crown more insult, an Igbo man became the head of state and refused to execute the murderers, Nzeogwu, Ifeajunna, etc.

Blood was shed and justice was not served. The other part of Nigeria were not fools, they took power back by force. That is when Igbos remembered Biafra, after destabilizing a newly independent nation. Knowing they could not win the war, they started propaganda showing their children with Kwarshiokor to plead for world sympathy.

Glad the British, Americans, Russians stood their ground. Biafra was a rogue nation that didnt need to stand. and in 1970, the nation of Biafra ceased to exist.

Insult me all you want, but you know this is the blunt truth. You dont kill a head of state without consequences. This doesn't exonerate the pogrom killings by the Northerners of Igbos then, that was the height of savagery and wickedness. The innocent Igbos didn't deserve that. Deep in my heart, I yearn for an Igbo to become president of Nigeria one day. But with your useless aspirants like Owelle Rochas, this aspiration may take awhile.

An elongated epistle riddled with falsehood, couldn't even finish it

1 Like

Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Neddstark: 10:59am On Nov 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

An elongated epistle riddled with falsehood, couldn't even finish it

Then what is the truth?
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

I'm the absense of equity, fairness n justice, there will never be peace.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 08, 2019
Neddstark:

Then what is the truth?

Read the following books if u want to know the truth..

Beckoned to serve - Shehu Shagari.

There was a Country - Chinua Achebe.

Why we struck - Major Ademoyega.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Monogamy: 11:01am On Nov 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

I'm the absense of equity, fairness n justice, there will never be peace.

Equity, fairness and justice is what you fight fir not just have in a platter of gold..

Question your Governors, senators and house of reps members for not demanding what's right for the people
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Neddstark: 11:03am On Nov 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Read the following books if u want to know the truth..

Beckoned to serve - Shehu Shagari.

There was a Country - Chinua Achebe.

Why we struck - Major Ademoyega.

Stop underemphasizing the murder of the head of state. You think if an Igbo assassinates Buhari today, Igbos in the North would not feel it?
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 08, 2019
Neddstark:

Stop underemphasizing the murder of the head of state. You think if an Igbo assassinates Buhari today, Igbos in the North would not feel it?

Have a great day
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

Equity, fairness and justice is what you fight fir not just have in a platter of gold..

Question your Governors, senators and house of reps members for not demanding what's right for the people

DAFT n unrelated.
Re: John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) by Monogamy: 11:06am On Nov 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

DAFT n unrelated.

Yeah cos truth is sour

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Inaugurates Operation Amotekun In Ondo (PHOTOS) / Jonathan Doesn’t Deserve North’s Votes After Wife Abused Northerners – Mrs Buhar / Nigerian Presidents/Heads Of State From 1960 Till Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.