Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua (53379 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Americanboy35: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
I cant this Ruiz guy beat AJ, anyway DEC is almost upon us
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by SouthPaw24(m): 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
Virus99:

From Ali to Tyson to Holyfiled... Show me a "complete boxer" who doesn't have one defect or two undecided

They all have defects...but yet they go all way up focusing more on their strengths rather than their weakness.
So it is left for you so called critics and armchair analysts to blabber about their weaknesses...while you can't even tie their shoe knots.

Lolz. Of course everybody has defects. Let's just wait till December 7. We would find out whether Joshua deserves to be compared to those three greats you just mentioned.

And what else can i be except an armchair analyst. Do you know how much boxing tickets cost? Bro... At least i won't talk without knowledge. I've been expecting Joshua to get a beatdown for a long time. I hope he will up his game come December. I don't want to start feeling sorry for anybody.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by adedayoa2(f): 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
seunmsg:

Wrestling is staged for entertainment. They come into the ring to give scripted entertainment and in the process, they can get injured. Getting injured doesn’t change the fact that the fight is scripted and the outcome is pre-planned.
you can call it all you just stated but not fake. Somebody jumping from a 2/3 story building, fake?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by SouthPaw24(m): 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
adedayoa2:
you can call it all you just stated but not fake. Somebody jumping from a 2/3 story building, fake?

They are all stuntmen.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by adedayoa2(f): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
seunmsg:

Wrestling is staged for entertainment. They come into the ring to give scripted entertainment and in the process, they can get injured. Getting injured doesn’t change the fact that the fight is scripted and the outcome is pre-planned.
yes, scripted, pre-plan, do they mean fake? Jumping from 2/3 story building.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by 775chris(m): 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
I believe in myself, i can knock out Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz together..i just need a promoter
I WILL PROMOTE YOU OYA SHOW LIKE TEEEE VEEEE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Virus99: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
BluntBoy:

Even he himself said that he is still a work in progress and not a finished product. But people tend to think of him as some Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson in their prime.

AJ still has a lot to learn.

Prime or not, no boxer, I repeat is ever at a time when he has nothing to learn!

Tyson at his prime learned that it is not just about pound for pound, like what happens when the other guy matches you pound for pound...that's why he lost it against Holyfiled.

And Mo' Ali also find out counter punches will count for nothing when the other guy is good at "waving".

AJ is at his prime. And he's not perfect, just like world greatest before him.

It's okay to be a masterpiece and yet a work in progress cool

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
Go to YouTube and see how Strowman beat Tyson Fury , even thou Fury won, Strowman still gave him the last slam.
Anthony is another overhyped boxer, many boxer would have been placing bet on him to challenge him,but he would have been turning them down cus of fear of been defeated.
Bobby lanshley the wrestler defeated his opponent in UFC , those guys don't fight ,punch me i punch you, they fight rough and tough
Big show destroyed Mayweather, in fact you'll even pity that guy if you watch the match. If not for Mayweather's friend that came to rescue him and hitting Bigshow in balls, he ran out of the ring from Bigshow, go to YouTube. If wrestling is fake , go hit your head on the wall and let's see if you'll come back to quote me and won't end up in hospital grin

Lol but Strowman destroyed him , you can see your almighty fury lying helplessly and Mayweather's head in Big show armpit , dont come online to argue without facts, we watch Wrestling and Boxing and know Whatsup

Oga, you are not getting the talk on "WWE is fake"

When it is said WWE is fake, they don't mean all the moves are not for real. It means the outcomes of the games in WWE and how the matches and general events go are predetermined.

WWE, Impact Wrestling and So on are all Professional Wrestling (Pro Wrestling) companies and Pro Wrestling is a type of sports entertainment. And sport entertainment means shows or event where people engage on certain sports of which the process and results ate predetermined in order to entertain people. It's like a stage play.

Check Wikipedia for research.

So all the moves are real, although they may fake some to lessen the pain. So the moves are not the argument here.

The argument here is the event was scripted and predetermined. So whoever won in each match was not because he actually deserved to win and should be credited for his efforts and should be regarded as really being able to beat the person he defeated but he only won because that's how the script goes. So WWE is not a yardstick to measure of someone can beat someone. I hope you get it now.

if it is boxing or MMA now, now we are talking. WWE = Pro Wrestling = Sports Entertainment = Storyline/Script

#GetEducated!!!

4 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Ivimilly: 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
I believe in myself, i can knock out Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz together..i just need a promoter

Contact me
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by seunmsg(m): 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
adedayoa2:
yes, scripted, pre-plan, do they mean fake? Jumping from 2/3 story building.

The guy you quoted initially was only trying to say the fights are scripted unlike boxing where the outcome is not predetermined.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by GoodMuyis(m): 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
BluntBoy:

Great, Bro.

However, I believe AJ is good, but many of his fans blindly overrate him which is why they think he is unbeatable.

AJ had glaring weaknesses. He had zero head movements, poor footwork, can't take a punch, and with a stamina that is suspect. Now that he has shed some bulk, and he is coming in lightest in his career, we will see how far he can move around.

Even he himself said that he is still a work in progress and not a finished product. But people tend to think of him as some Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson in their prime.

AJ still has a lot to learn.

I believe that he can get a win off Ruiz. We would see how far he has improved on the 8th of December.

From the little i have seen on YouTube, i can say AJ is good at taking punch and respond quickly.

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Jaysnowkid: 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2019
Abeg wetin dey give this meat pie mouth to talk? Mista Andy Ruiz you don't stand a chance against AJ come December 7 so Bleep off and get ready for a knockout.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Ekelly23(m): 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
anonymous1759:

How many boxers has he been turning down? You just come here and talk rubbish

you dey mind this wan �
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by SouthPaw24(m): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
GoodMuyis:

From the little i have seen on YouTube, i can say AJ is good at taking punch and respond quickly.

Actually I'd say the exact opposite. Well, maybe not. AJ has never really faced a big test with a big puncher. His best fight was against Klistchko, a 41 year old man at the time. AJ suffered his first knockdown. I've never seen a take a good punch well. To be fair I've never seen anybody take his punch combinations well either. I can confidently say that any man that receives a three punch combination from AJ would go down. It's fairly common to see boxer that punch well and can't take punches. They usually score the knock out before the opponent starts punching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Realist1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
I think AJ will rather die there than loose those belts to Andy Ruiz again. So I know AJ is going to knock the fvck out of him this time.

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by osejie17(m): 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
LOWLIFER:
I also suspect a bit that the match was fixed...Be ready for heavy pummeling in Saudi.
I see it as David beating Goliath nobody expected it
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by SyrusdeHansome(m): 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
Go to YouTube and see how Strowman beat Tyson Fury , even thou Fury won, Strowman still gave him the last slam.
Anthony is another overhyped boxer, many boxer would have been placing bet on him to challenge him,but he would have been turning them down cus of fear of been defeated.
Bobby lanshley the wrestler defeated his opponent in UFC , those guys don't fight ,punch me i punch you, they fight rough and tough
Big show destroyed Mayweather, in fact you'll even pity that guy if you watch the match. If not for Mayweather's friend that came to rescue him and hitting Bigshow in balls, he ran out of the ring from Bigshow, go to YouTube. If wrestling is fake , go hit your head on the wall and let's see if you'll come back to quote me and won't end up in hospital grin

Lol but Strowman destroyed him , you can see your almighty fury lying helplessly and Mayweather's head in Big show armpit , dont come online to argue without facts, we watch Wrestling and Boxing and know Whatsup

From official WWE site:
Before I explain the scripted nature of pro-wrestling
matches I first have to explain how the larger
machine works. WWE has a large team of writers who
pitch matches, feuds, rivalries and storylines to
Vincent McMahon who makes all the final decisions.
The scripting process starts with determining the
winner of said match and then the writers will work
backwards writing a “script” for how the match
should go (if there are specifics spots they want the
wrestlers to do to further the story of the match like
when Brock Lesnar busted Randy Orton’s head open
at Summerslam). All wrestlers go through wrestling school before
stepping into the ring for a match. In wrestling
school, you'll learn how to perform as many moves
as possible and how to take them as well so when
you do have to perform for a match, you can work
the more commonly known moves with anybody else.
As time goes by, you learn more and more moves as
you go. As you evolve as a wrestler, you will develop
your own style and moveset. The more you work with
someone else, the more you learn about their style
and moveset and learn how to take them and make
them look good.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
adedayoa2:
hmmmm, i believe you
I mean it dear
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
Starhearts:

U want to loose ur jaw
They will loose theirs

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by officialJP(m): 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
Joshua to win all round i pray e reach 50odds grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by ChristoBam: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
Zombiekiller010:

I guess you're 15 years old.
Go and watch real movies on WWE. I can recommend one for you. The movie was produced by WWE and is about Paige( The female wrestlers). They made it clear in the movie Wrestling is 100% scripted and fake. So how can you compare WWE wrestlers to professional boxers ?

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by pacespot(m): 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
Even before I opened the thread, I knew this apology was a mockery. These fighters sha, they like to entertain us in a buildup towards their fight.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Legendguru: 6:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by BluntBoy(m): 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Those are edited versions. Every boxer has those on YouTube that focuses majorly on their major highlights.

Don't judge their strengths based on that.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
sweetonugbu:
three gbosa for you,I just reported you to the modes to avoid suicide, I don't want to loose you, to avoid stories that touch.
u finny die. Just tell him to make his will before going on such suicide mission.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by sweetonugbu: 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
haryorbarmie83:
u finny die. Just tell him to make his will before going on such suicide mission.
I will my brother and two of us will be the beneficiaries

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by greggng: 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
Anyone hoping that Joshua will beat this guy is like atiku supporter...it can never happen

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by meobizy(f): 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
Lol at Joshua’s second loss.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by kareemkamil(m): 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
Biafra stupidity is first grade stupidity in the world. They Have occupied this thread, and starting pouring hated speech.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
cut down on d smoking.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua by Lyns32uk(m): 12:50am On Nov 09, 2019
How do you mean fixed? Why would he want to lose all his belts for fixing sake? He lost that fight, Simple!
LOWLIFER:
I also suspect a bit that the match was fixed...Be ready for heavy pummeling in Saudi.

Pls help a brother who is passing through a difficult phase at the moment. I am psychologically disturbed and I am at the verge of giving up. My 26 years on earth seem not to count for nothing, as it has been full of misery. Please call and help me. b07068377541

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me / Man Collapses After Losing A ₦200k Loan At A Betting Shop (Pix, Video) / Mike Tyson Vs Roy Jones Jr: November 28, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.