Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Marriage Advice For This Young Couple - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Advice For This Young Couple (1707 Views)

Marriage Advice Needed. No Insult Please / What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? / Please My Marriage ! Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Ugmama(m): 8:00am On Nov 08, 2019
** MARRIAGE LESSON 101 **
Please when a young couple have misunderstanding / fight for a minor reason and the husband packs out of his house leaving his wife and two children. What does it imply ? What should the wife do ?
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 08, 2019
Ugmama:
Please when a young couple have misunderstanding / fight for a minor reason and the husband packs out of his house leaving his wife and two children. What does it imply ? What should the wife do ?

It implies that the man is immature and was never ready for marriage. He only wanted to have children

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Ugmama(m): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2019
thaikun15:

It implies that the man is immature and was never ready for marriage. He only wanted to have children

Thanks for the response.

Please more advice/response
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by thorpido(m): 8:12am On Nov 08, 2019
Immature man.
If he doesn't come back call his parents.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by nanaman(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2019
In marriage, there are lots of underlying causes of conflict. What you're told may not be the immediate cause. Therefore, do not assume when conflict arise between couples. You only believe whay you were told but during intervention, you will realise some hidden facts.

Solution: Both parties should be interviewed separately. Later, you bring them together. They would shout and exchange words, that's where you will get the details. Just make sure they are at arms length to avoid blows. All you need do is to have the listening hear. Do not judge. Pen some things down if allowed. During intervention, lots of issues would be raised, then you realise,what you were told or heard was not the actual problem.

In marriage, communication is very important. You talk about anything and everything no matter how disgusting or sweet it may be.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by bukatyne(f): 8:20am On Nov 08, 2019
Ugmama:

What happened?
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Omojudy: 8:34am On Nov 08, 2019
My main concern is where did he pack out to?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Tallesty1(m): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2019
Day 1: Real men don't hit women, they walk away.

Man walks away

Day 2:
thaikun15:

thorpido:
Immature man.
If he doesn't come back call his parents.

Maturity is obviously one of the most abused/misused word in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Tallesty1(m): 8:57am On Nov 08, 2019
bukatyne:

What happened?
Nice question
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by zaynie(f): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2019
nanaman:
In marriage, there are lots of underlying causes of conflict. What you're told may not be the immediate cause. Therefore, do not assume when conflict arise between couples. You only believe whay you were told but during intervention, you will realise some hidden facts.

Solution: Both parties should be interviewed separately. Later, you bring them together. They would shout and exchange words, that's where you will get the details. Just make sure they are at arms length to avoid blows. All you need do is to have the listening hear. Do not judge. Pen some things down if allowed. During intervention, lots of issues would be raised, then you realise,what you were told or heard was not the actual problem.

In marriage, communication is very important. You talk about anything and everything no matter how disgusting or sweet it may be.

Sense.....
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by spyg1(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2019
thaikun15:

You don't even know whether the wife was sleeping with her neighbor and then you jump into conclusion. Tell us the cause of the argument first.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Allsingles: 9:13am On Nov 08, 2019
Ugmama:

What is really the cause of the misunderstanding, is the wife abusing him of cheating?
There's a reason for it, before judging him of parking out of his house.

Let's discuss.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Ugmama(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2019
Omojudy:
My main concern is where did he pack out to?

Lol

That's it o... I am thinking maybe he has a side chick that warms his back o
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Ugmama(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2019
Allsingles:

What is really the cause of the misunderstanding, is the wife abusing him of cheating?
There's a reason for it, before judging him of parking out of his house.

Let's discuss.

I will ask and get back at you

Thank you for replying
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Ugmama(m): 9:22am On Nov 08, 2019
spyg1:
You don't even know whether the wife was sleeping with her neighbor and then you jump into conclusion. Tell us the cause of the argument first.

Abi

But I don't think so.

Yet anything is possible shaa
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by thorpido(m): 9:25am On Nov 08, 2019
Tallesty1:
Day 1: Real men don't hit women, they walk away.

Man walks away

Day 2:

Maturity is obviously one of the most abused/misused word in Nigeria.
It is but definitely not in this case.
The Op said,'misunderstanding for a minor reason'. You didn't see that part.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Allsingles: 9:34am On Nov 08, 2019
Ugmama:

I will ask and get back at you

Thank you for replying

With what caused the misunderstanding, the matter can be handled in a good way
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Omojudy: 9:46am On Nov 08, 2019
Ugmama:

Lol

That's it o... I am thinking maybe he has a side chick that warms his back o
And his front!
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Tallesty1(m): 11:43am On Nov 08, 2019
thorpido:
It is but definitely not in this case.
The Op said,'misunderstanding for a minor reason'. You didn't see that part.
A tradition here could be a taboo somewhere. Your minor is somebody's major.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by thorpido(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
Tallesty1:
A tradition here could be a taboo somewhere. Your minor is somebody's major.
Well,we only have the Op's words in this case.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by 24kmagic: 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
I thought they always adviced men to walk away each time there's a misunderstanding in order to avoid physical abuse?

He didn't only walk away, he ran away, and people are calling him immature. Seriously?

One minute he should walk away
The next minute walking away means he's immature.

Our hypocrisy for this country just too much.

When I get married, at the inception of any little misunderstanding, I'll pack my things and lodge somewhere.

Make she chop the house, since she no want give me peace of mind. I no just de like make things de worry me for head, especially women things.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ugmama:

... means its time for divorce.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by faithfull18(f): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
Hmmn.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Ugmama(m): 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2019
Update!!!

After an interview with the wifey, I was made to understand from her own side why the man acted that way. See reasons below:
1. She is fond of giving the hubby money for this and that as the hubby is jobless. At one point, the hubby bought couple of items and told the sales person to get money from her wife, the sales person on getting to the wife later, wife was mad why she should pay for what she didn't use. E.g a crate beer ooo lol

2. Husband locked wife out as she went out late to get drugs for her sick infants. It caused serious squabble and next day the man packed his bags and off.

Those are from the lady!!

The man is no where to be found

1 Like

Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Kweenluchy: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ugmama:
Update!!!

After an interview with the wifey, I was made to understand from her own side why the man acted that way. See reasons below:
1. She is fond of giving the hubby money for this and that as the hubby is jobless. At one point, the hubby bought couple of items and told the sales person to get money from her wife, the sales person on getting to the wife later, wife was mad why she should pay for what she didn't use. E.g a crate beer ooo lol

2. Husband locked wife out as she went out late to get drugs for her sick infants. It caused serious squabble and next day the man packed his bags and off.

Those are from the lady!!

The man is no where to be found

The man na real slay king, imagine asking the wife to pay for a crate of beer

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Ugmama(m): 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
Kweenluchy:

The man na real slay king, imagine asking the wife to pay for a crate of beer

Lol she has been paying before until the juju stopped working

SMH
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Ugmama(m): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

... means its time for divorce.

Lol nobi small thing o
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by nlPoster: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
24kmagic:
I thought they always adviced men to walk away each time there's a misunderstanding in order to avoid physical abuse?

He didn't only walk away, he ran away, and people are calling him immature. Seriously?

One minute he should walk away
The next minute walking away means he's immature.

Out hypocrisy for this country just too much.

When I get married, at the inception of any little misunderstanding, I'll pack my things and lodge somewhere.

Make she chop the house, since she no want give me peace of mind. I no just de like make things de worry me for head, especially women things.

Walk away has different meanings.

The problem with nairalanders is they base 90% of their existence and social life around other people's marriage, so they dont know there are many other contexts to things besides marriages. Not every single word refers to marriage or people's marriages.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by delpee(f): 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
The lady should calm down and look after their kids meanwhile. Taking care of the home alone isn't easy for anyone. He should know that. He'll hopefully come back to his senses soon. Hope his family members are aware that he's 'missing'. He's probably chilling with his guys somewhere anyway.

The man needs to man up and get positively busy to be a responsible husband and father.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ugmama:
Update!!!

how does she expect him to pay for crate of beer, since he is jobless?! of course wifey has to pay....thats the only one with money here.

going out late to get meds for sick infants, really?!?!?! how long was she away getting jiggy i mean meds (lol)?
what did he say when she asked why he locked her out?!
what did she do then? did she run back to stay the night with whoever she went to meet in the middle of the night?

... just speculating here.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by Ugmama(m): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

how does she expect him to pay for crate of beer, since he is jobless?! of course wifey has to pay....thats the only one with money here.

But I wonder why someone will create expenses for others on top expenses

going out late to get meds for sick infants, really?!?!?! how long was she away getting jiggy i mean meds (lol)?
what did he say when she asked why he locked her out?!
what did she do then? did she run back to stay the night with whoever she went to meet in the middle of the night?

... just speculating here.

He came back, didn't see the wife and locked her out.

On returning he refused to let her in even as neighbors gathered.
Re: Marriage Advice For This Young Couple by LadySarah: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
grin grin

He should keep walking away.Instead of getting his hands busy,he is packing bags.

Lol.
Logobenz ,the Online millonaire and OG,how do u see dis guy?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sad Observation About The Current Wave Of Inflation / Help-i Am Loosing My Mind Because My Husband Has Became A Crackhead / 15 Things Only People With Unique Nigerian Names Will Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.