Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg (43201 Views)

Benue Youths Wash The Ground As Buhari Leaves Makurdi, Burn Brooms / Buhari Leaves Abuja For New York With Wife, Aisha (Photos) / President Buhari Leaves Nigeria For China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by TwoBottles: 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
festacman:
Surprising that Bloomberg fell for this mischievous narratives inspired by the opposition. In US, does the Economic Advisory Council advise Pres. Trump or VP Pence? The answer says it all.

It is important to emphasize that the influence, which VP Yemi Osinbajo enjoyed and exerted during first 4 years in office was largely due to Pres. Buhari's ill-health and loyalty. It is this influence that people are mistaking today as convention rather than conscious concession. Let's face it. How influential was VP Jonathan under Pres. Yar'adua or VP Sambo under Pres. Jonathan. Pres. Obasanjo who conceeded too much to VP Atiku regretted it. I am sure while sincere supporters moan on his behalf and mischievous haters display their mockery, VP Osinbajo will remain grateful to Pres. Buhari for that rare 'freehand' opportunity, which endeared him to Nigerians and catapulted his political worth.

The fact remains that in Presidential System of Government, the VP is an appendage of the President. The President is the executive Head of Government and Commander-in-Chief. This is captured in the constitution. I am sure that as someone who taught and practised law, VP Osinbajo knows his place. It is so in United States from where we borrowed the system.

Now, take a look at what some former United States VPs said about the post they once occupied:

“I am not in a leadership position. I am supporting the president. He can exert the leadership and I can support him.” — Nelson Rockefeller, the 41st vice president

The vice presidency is “not worth a bucket of warm piss” and “the worst damn fool mistake I ever made.” — John Nance Garner, the 32nd vice president

“The vice presidency is the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived.” — John Adams, the 1st vice president

“Look at all the vice presidents in history. Where are they? They were about as useful as a cow’s fifth teat.” — Harry Truman, the 34th vice president

“I would a great deal rather be anything, say professor of history, than vice president.” — Theodore Roosevelt, the 25th vice president

"You shut the door, you tell the boss exactly what you think. But when the door opens, the job of the vice president is to stand right next to the president and implement the policy that he's decided. And I'm prepared to do that. - Mike Pence currently serving as the 48th vice president of the United States

“I do not propose to be buried until I am really dead.” — New Hampshire Sen. Daniel Webster, on rejecting an offer to be future President William Henry Harrison’s running mate in 1839

We as Africans love to make a mountain out of a mole hill. But, the signing of the said bill should have waited till the president is back in the country. Taking the bill for him to sign in London has sent the wrong message. Trust Nigerians to feast on it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by digitaltrades: 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
Plaindealer, how market? grin

Which one will you support now between buhari/Aba Kyari on one side and osinbajo/tinubu on the other side? grin grin

May God not make us Sai Barbarians in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by ojuu4u(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
The man that forced Buhari to do right
things at least 70% in first term. Senator Saraki was largely condemned. Buhari I knw is not Democrat and not truly love the nation called Nigeria, he is a tribal bigot and he only interested in northern Nigeria. He was the only Nigeria leader that choosed another northerner who is Muslim like him in multi religions and ethnicities nation, he almost did the same thing in second opportunity to be Nigeria's leader.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
Kokolet11:
lolz your mass protest should start in west.
lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
digitaltrades:
Plaindealer, how market? grin

Which one will you support now between buhari/Aba Kyari on one side and osinbajo/tinubu on the other side? grin grin

May God not make us Sai Barbarians in Jesus name.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by digitaltrades: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
festacman:
Surprising that Bloomberg fell for this mischievous narratives inspired by the opposition. In US, does the Economic Advisory Council advise Pres. Trump or VP Pence? The answer says it all.

It is important to emphasize that the influence, which VP Yemi Osinbajo enjoyed and exerted during first 4 years in office was largely due to Pres. Buhari's ill-health and loyalty. It is this influence that people are mistaking today as convention rather than conscious concession. Let's face it. How influential was VP Jonathan under Pres. Yar'adua or VP Sambo under Pres. Jonathan. Pres. Obasanjo who conceeded too much to VP Atiku regretted it. I am sure while sincere supporters moan on his behalf and mischievous haters display their mockery, VP Osinbajo will remain grateful to Pres. Buhari for that rare 'freehand' opportunity, which endeared him to Nigerians and catapulted his political worth.

The fact remains that in Presidential System of Government, the VP is an appendage of the President. The President is the executive Head of Government and Commander-in-Chief. This is captured in the constitution. I am sure that as someone who taught and practised law, VP Osinbajo knows his place. It is so in United States from where we borrowed the system.

Now, take a look at what some former United States VPs said about the post they once occupied:

“I am not in a leadership position. I am supporting the president. He can exert the leadership and I can support him.” — Nelson Rockefeller, the 41st vice president

The vice presidency is “not worth a bucket of warm piss” and “the worst damn fool mistake I ever made.” — John Nance Garner, the 32nd vice president

“The vice presidency is the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived.” — John Adams, the 1st vice president

“Look at all the vice presidents in history. Where are they? They were about as useful as a cow’s fifth teat.” — Harry Truman, the 34th vice president

“I would a great deal rather be anything, say professor of history, than vice president.” — Theodore Roosevelt, the 25th vice president

"You shut the door, you tell the boss exactly what you think. But when the door opens, the job of the vice president is to stand right next to the president and implement the policy that he's decided. And I'm prepared to do that. - Mike Pence currently serving as the 48th vice president of the United States

“I do not propose to be buried until I am really dead.” — New Hampshire Sen. Daniel Webster, on rejecting an offer to be future President William Henry Harrison’s running mate in 1839

This shameless one is still blaming opposition for his party's total failure.

By the time APC disintegrates totally, that's when you will realize that your problem is not from the PDP; that's when you will know that your party's problem is internal.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Make u dey deceive yourself
leave him let him be writing long grammar tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by digitaltrades: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
jayfolarin:

This boy is a tribal bigot and would want you think the reason his mother gave birth to such deformity is because of the yorubas. Ignore him

Back to the topic: buhari is destroying Nigeria with his non stop unconstitutional actions. He must to be stopped!

It's time for mass protests guys. Mass Civil disobedience! Mass disruptions! It's time!

Nigerians are too scared to do that
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by aribs(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
festacman:

You know your onions sir ! no need to add anything

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Charmingrascal(m): 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
I think some people are telling PMB that PYO is undermining his war against corruption hence his reasons for side lining him and pushing him aside.

We are yet to hear anything abt the money Timi Frank accused PYO of syphoning for election purpose

We only heard abt PYO threatening to sue him
Audio Suing by the VP

If PYO hands are clean he should fight the cabals or honourably resign, his name won't be forgotten as a VP with integrity

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by klax(m): 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
ChyjoskyJ:

Buharist according to FFK, they call white black. Now he is educating you, Shame on you.

Hmmmm........now I realised you 're the biggest idiot ever existed. I never gave the guy thumb up because of Buhari and Osibande not at all you bollocks I only gave him the thumb up because be referred to long ago mentions which I never read about do you get that to your greasy head

You should be ashamed of yourself for being stupid and reason with one side of your brain for not be clever enough to read between your damn smelly fingers to understand a message someone is passing across intelligently.

I repeat and will say it more damn you all bitch buharist infact damn Buhari himself ok. I don't waste my hassle on correct logic standing upside down human like you, bro you don't worth it. Naturally every buharist are intellectually imbecilles and that is it.

What do you have to say waiting.....

You want to bash me bah? Na you go run las.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by happney65: 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
festacman:

Eti ya weere sir,so you did not know all these when you were calling osinbande "star boy"...He be like say you don dey smoke the same igbo naira Marley dey smoke..

Odensi

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Charly68: 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
After all it is just 4.years tenure, let us wait and see..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by omenka(m): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
obailala:
Apparently they want him to resign because of some flimsy tussle with the cabal so they can unleash their drums and dance to the downfall of one of their sworn enemies.

But then again, after the dust settles and the cabal picks say El Rufai as new VP, they will widen their mouths in resumption of the wailing carnival; gnashing their teeth that PMB dropped a Pastor and picked an Imam. These fellows are irredeemably lost.
That is the plan. Never seen such hateful humans my entire life.

Osinbajo's vice presidency will run its fill course, and God willing, he will be the next president of Nigeria.

Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by 9gerian: 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
I think PMB was in a hard place because of herdsmen attacks and one sided security appointments that had eroded his popularity significantly. So he was forced to keep Osinbajo and appease BAT for the 2019 elections.

Teewhy2:
most people were not expecting to contest for 2nd term with the president as the handwriting started showing on the wall before the election, but you know the people that are suppose to tell the vice president the truth will never tell him because of their own pocket.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by aribs(m): 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
ChyjoskyJ:

Why are you justifying evil, you have to think in 3D not in one direction. In United States alone, these names below are Vice President that later became Presidents. go and do your research well before you talk rubbish.

John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
Martin Van Buren
John Tyler
Millard Fillmore
Andrew Johnson
Chester A. Arthur
Theodore Roosevelt
Calvin Coolidge
Harry S. Truman
Lyndon B. Johnson
Richard Nixon
Gerald R. Ford
George H.W. Bush

i think you actually need to do more research and go buy a copy of the Nigerian constitution while you are at it. The position of the Vice President is as he has described. It is devoid of any real power except as delegated by the President. The fact that a Vice President can aspire or become President does not take anything away from how the Constitution framers have made it. In Nigeria as well as other countries of the world, there are deputy/lieutenant governors and Vice Presidents who never became President. Dick Cheney was VP to George W Bush and never even bothered to contest. same as Joe Biden when Obama completed his two terms for his personal reasons even though he is running now. there are no real powers for a VP
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by SouthSouth1914: 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
NaijaMutant:

Shot fired grin

grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by farem: 5:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Osinbanjo is now the laughing stock of the world

Just imagine the caption of this write up by Bloomberg
"Buhari leaves deputy looking weak".

This is really shameful .

Boring head as usual.

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Allsingles: 5:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
Its obvious that he's no longer part of the government.
He is just being controlled like the lay man in the street.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by plaindealer: 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
You can not fabricate fake narratives and propaganda where it doesn't exist, the VP no send you and your failed propagandists..

The weak VP is currently on the world stage with heads of state representing his country.

God Bless VP Osinbajo.

grin grin grin

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by plaindealer: 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
farem:

Boring head as usual.

Sambo, GEJ's VP didn't even exist, he just parked inside government house like a leech collecting salary, living large and feeding on entitles and government benefits till his last day in office.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by TemmyT002(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
This Bloomberg sef
They sound like mumu people
Be like say some people dey craze o
We are in 2019 and they are already talking about 2023.
Everything is all about power.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by TemmyT002(m): 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
plaindealer:

Sambo, GEJ's VP didn't even exist, he just parked inside government house like a leech collecting salary, living large and feeding on entitles and government benefits till his last day in office.

Till today, I don't even know what the man looks like.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by plaindealer: 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
TemmyT002:
This Bloomberg sef
They sound like mumu people

They have collaborators and unpatriotic people in Nigeria feeding them the usual fake news and propaganda narratives, but Nigerians are not buying.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by farem: 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
plaindealer:

You dey mind dem? Osinbajo no send.
Always marching on!

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
festacman:

Many of those Vice Presidents you quoted went on to become President.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by webngnews: 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Enculer2: 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
The only obstacle to Biafra is the slaves of Hausa fulani

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Crenzywilliams(m): 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Why is Osinbajo so desperately holding on to power? I thought the Bible said all is vanity?
Desperately?; sorry plz explain.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by plaindealer: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
TemmyT002:

Till today, I don't even know what the man looks like.

You are not alone, we saw him only on occasions like independence day or at some meaningless government events and ceremonies, but look at PYO, you see him everywhere and every day working, attends multiple events in different states in one day.

Yesterday, he was in Delta state, an opposition state, today he's aborad attending Ecowas summit with heads of Ecowas countries while the lazy youths in Nigeria and propaganda elements are busy wasting their god's given time on useless errands that cannot put gari on their poor table.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by plaindealer: 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
farem:

You dey mind dem? Osinbajo no send.
Always marching on!

See our one and only Vice Presido today in Niger...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? / Lai Mohammed Visits Osun-Osogbo Sacred Grove In Oshogbo (Photos) / Nigerians React After Governor Ambode Failed To Keep To Press Conference Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.