Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! (37678 Views)

3 University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Students Graduate With Perfect CGPA Of 7.0 / 46 Medical Nigerian Students Graduate From Howard University, USA / 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Jamesilvar(m): 9:54am On Nov 09, 2019
Fyi0:

Lol. Even in UNIPORT here, pharmacists are the ones who teach medical students pharmacology.
The guy too dumb abeg.

Ah now I have seen it all!!
This one just woke up to talk rubbish.
See a dumb fool calling another dumb.
If you are in uniport, go to department of pharmacology in Basic Medicals and see if there is one pharmacist there.
Stop spewing trash!!

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Jamesilvar(m): 9:56am On Nov 09, 2019
optm:
grow up soon boy
Lmfao.
I have since outgrown you, thats why the likes of you look up to the likes of me!!

Even with your johesu, I still look down on you grin

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2019
Jamesilvar:

Ah now I have seen it all!!
This one just woke up to talk rubbish.
See a dumb fool calling another dumb.
If you are in uniport, go to department of pharmacology in Basic Medicals and see if there is one pharmacist there.
Stop spewing trash!!

See mumu!
The department of pharmacology in the faculty of basic medical sciences is relatively new. Prior to the broth of these departments, pharmacists teach medical students and even up till this moment, there are still pharmacists who teach medical students although the number has been cut down.
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 09, 2019
otokx:

lol and Pharmacy is not the most difficult course in Uniport, Medicine with its first and Second MB is still number 1.

For starters compare the admission cutoffs for Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy.
Guy!!! The average UNIPORT student rightly recognises pharmacy as the toughest course of study in the school.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by optm(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2019
Jamesilvar:

Lmfao.
I have since outgrown you, thats why the likes of you look up to the likes of me!!

Even with your johesu, I still look down on you grin
it's unwise gettin into d mud with a pig. Enjoy your mud

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by midnighter(f): 10:48am On Nov 09, 2019
Lol...
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by danilmo: 11:04am On Nov 09, 2019
Fyi0:

See mumu!
The department of pharmacology in the faculty of basic medical sciences is relatively new. Prior to the broth of these departments, pharmacists teach medical students and even up till this moment, there are still pharmacists who teach medical students although the number has been cut down.

Guy u must be crazy. u mean Uniport that I know , na pharmacist dey teach medical student??.. na lie bro

Anyway that was then, long time ago which has been changed because those pharmacist don't give them the real clinical correlation needed, ask if ure doubting ,on a good day, which clinical knowledge did u have to teach medical student grin
u should av asked why B.sc anatomy, b.sc pharmacy aren't allowed to teach medic.. Because they have no substantial clinical knowledge .. I know it is different from I've seen it o, say u see muscle for book, av u seen it life in human before talkless of teaching theory..

Don't worry I know u did pathology grin maybe u would have convinced me with the pathology of healing of fracture to start with

Anyway, good comment up there sha, no need for argument but don't come online with the euphoria of newly graduated and tell us Pharmacy is hard /toughest.. ehn,

beside drug structure isn't pharmacology..

Me I've not studied pharmacy before o but maybe the pharmacology I taught I know is more than Kartzung/G&G/Tripathy and co good books.

and just know we dont go for semester break like u, we study round the clock throughout the year from year 2 till year 6,thats our calender, Y?? Medicine is too voluminous to give us study break, patapata 1 week uve reasumed.

No p na. E go be

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by kapelvej: 11:08am On Nov 09, 2019
danilmo:

u no go rest and enjoy ur graduation in peace now o..
That's if u ll survive medicine path and Pharm...

Before u start just be aware that we have Pharmacist who come back for MBBS.

At the Mention of path and Pharm class, every Medic bow for survival
Remember, medical students also do pharmacology, all you study as pharmacy student for 5 years, they do it for .6 years
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by danilmo: 11:11am On Nov 09, 2019
Fyi0:

Guy!!! The average UNIPORT student rightly recognises pharmacy as the toughest course of study in the school.

Give urself hope na. U learn chemical structure and relation and ure mouthing, go and tell that to industrial chemistry student.
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by mechanics(m): 11:16am On Nov 09, 2019
That's the official symbol of their profession, congrats to them.
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 09, 2019
danilmo:

Guy u must be crazy. u mean Uniport that I know , na pharmacist dey teach medical student??.. na lie bro

Anyway that was then, long time ago which has been changed because those pharmacist don't give them the real clinical correlation needed, ask if ure doubting ,on a good day, which clinical knowledge did u have to teach medical student grin
u should av asked why B.sc anatomy, b.sc pharmacy aren't allowed to teach medic.. Because they have no substantial clinical knowledge .. I know it is different from I've seen it o, say u see muscle for book, av u seen it life in human before talkless of teaching theory..

Don't worry I know u did pathology grin maybe u would have convinced me with the pathology of healing of fracture to start with

Anyway, good comment up there sha, no need for argument but don't come online with the euphoria of newly graduated and tell us Pharmacy is hard /toughest.. ehn,

to me I give more to architecturing student than pharmacy,
I tell u I have Pharmacy students studying medicine in my class and their confession is real..(4 of them).

beside drug structure isn't pharmacology..

Me I've not studied pharmacy before o but maybe the pharmacology I taught I know is more than Kartzung/G&G/Tripathy and co good books.

No p na. E go be

Your mumu never do? You still compare the paltry pharmacology you did with that of pharmacy students? Try get sense na.

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2019
danilmo:

Give urself hope na. U learn chemical structure and relation and ure mouthing, go and tell that to industrial chemistry student.

Baba u guys don't write MB professional exam,
write Part 1 MB, part 2 MB, part 3, part 4..

I'm sure that's where pharmacy guys in my class came across and confessed, all they tell u is (Oboy no b here o)

just go jor
Dey give yourself hope na.
Why not take a tour? Your eyes go clear. Maybe you should make a questionnaire and prove your ignorance.

MB 1 where they give you 10 months to study anatomy, physiology and medical biochemistry? Shift abeg.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2019
kapelvej:
Remember, medical students also do pharmacology, all you study as pharmacy student for 5 years, they do it for .6 years

Dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by midnighter(f): 11:48am On Nov 09, 2019
Fyi0:
The toughest course to study in the university.

But you actually started it by putting down other courses, which was not necessary at all.

You turned what was meant to be a positive thread into a pointless squabble

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Yonce(f): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2019
kapelvej:

This is a BIG lie.
I did Pharmacology for 20months during Path/Pharm.
I was taught by renowned professors in Pharmacy. . .my viva lecturer was a Professor of Pharmacy and a former DVC from a federal university.

Medical students only do Pharmacology and toxicology. . .which is a department in Pharmacy.
You do so much more than Pharmacology when you're a Pharmacy student.

There's absolutely no need for all this unnecessary comparisms undecided

3 Likes

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by danilmo: 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
Fyi0:

Your mumu never do? You still compare the paltry pharmacology you did with that of pharmacy students? Try get sense na.

if the pharmacology of Kartzung that scare u to read material is what u called paltry, then no problems.
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by danilmo: 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
Yonce:

This is a BIG lie.
I was taught by renowned professors in Pharmacy. . .my viva lecturer was a Professor of Pharmacy and a former DVC from a federal university.

Medical students only do Pharmacology and toxicology. . .which is a department in Pharmacy.

We never deny u guys are the producer of drug which is beyond pharmacology alone.(out of our text scope), we dont produce
but what we are saying is the pharmacology u did ,were u taught iñ katzung likes and outline, ?? we finished katzung, did MB on top and thoroughly viva(ed) oo. Maybe if u av spare time, go through MB exams questions and see clinical applicable question on pharmacology..
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
danilmo:

if the pharmacology of Kartzung that scare u to read material is what u called paltry, then no problems.

u studied materials and slide ,I've u heard any medical schools doing that?? no , because we need the in depth knowledge to manage patient..

wait o,so now that ure a graduate, of what relevance are u in my hospital self?? I mean the relevant that I dont know?? av u seen hospital request form/folder before,

did u see any pharmacist imprint on it better go to ur boot and dispense..

Bro u only study chemical structure, relations and compounding formulae giving to u by early Doctors , u work on the formula, u produce the drug, boom u say u know pharmacology. See the authors of kartzung, they are Medical Doctors.. av u not wondered..

U studied semester by semester, for 5 years
Medics studied 12 month, 15 month, 13 month etc straight and parallel for 6years, nothing like semester..

keep fooling urself
Okay. I don't argue with ignoramuses.
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Innoxxacs: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
Yonce:

I've passed through Path/Pharm.
My friend is also a Pharmacy student so we discussed alot when I was studying Pharmacology.

Medical students do Pharmacology only which is just one department in Pharmacy. . . .there's more to pharmacy than pharmacology.

There should be mutual respect between Doctors and Pharmacists. There's no need for insults and unhealthy rivalry. . .if he says he does pathology or there's nothing difficult in path/pharm just scroll past those comments because who nor go nor know.
God bless You, na person wey GO, Know. I hate comparing MBBS. Don't have strength to drag my wardsuit!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2019
Yonce:

This is a BIG lie.

No mind the mumu. Pharmacology is a department in pharmacy and the mumu is saying he does more pharmacology than pharmacy students. What level of ignorance is that?
I've told the guy before that in most first generation universities, pharmacists are the ones who teach pharmacology to medical students but he's still too dumb to assimilate that.
He thinks pharmacology is a theory course. He's doesn't know that pharmacology also encompasses very complex practicals he's never come across before, and likely never will.
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Innoxxacs: 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2019
danilmo:

Baba u guys don't write MB professional exam,
write Part 1 MB, part 2 MB, part 3, part 4..

I'm sure that's where pharmacy guys in my class came across and confessed, all they tell u is (Oboy no b here o)

just go jor
let go, chief, a pyrrhic victory is no victory.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by danilmo: 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
Fyi0:

Dey give yourself hope na.
Why not take a tour? Your eyes go clear. Maybe you should make a questionnaire and prove your ignorance.

MB 1 where they give you 10 months to study anatomy, physiology and medical biochemistry? Shift abeg.

Mb is actually 18 month for those 3 courses., did u have problem with thati
Meanwhile that 3course are thoroughly done, as they are the basic foundation for clinical courses , we applied it along with pharmacology, that is y we say we are more granded in pharmacology than u guys.

if my patient took overdose/poison I know the right drug to Administer at the right time because I know how the body works with time, these are application coupled with granded pharmacology

beside..
So UV done ur own questionnaire on those who have no taste of both course and ure hyping, in my school u guys learning environment nd hostel is close to others , leave with other dept so they witnessed ur cry and pity,
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Yonce(f): 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
danilmo:

We never deny u guys are the producer of drug which is beyond pharmacology alone.(out of our text scope), we dont produce
but what we are saying is the pharmacology u did ,were u taught iñ katzung likes and outline, ?? we finished katzung, did MB on top and thoroughly viva(ed) oo. Maybe if u av spare time, go through MB exams questions and see clinical applicable question on pharmacology..

All dsame.. pharmacy is cool but not the toughest abeg.
I once said I have pharmacy student now studying medicine in my class,

anyhow

You still haven't grasp the point I'm trying to get across to you.
Stop arguing and making unnecessary childish comparisons between MBBS and Pharm D/B
Each has it's own scope, there is some overlap yes but that doesn't make one more important or "better" than the other.

Just stop going around saying Medical students do everything Pharmacy students do.

@bold
Yes.
I was taught pharmacology.
I used Katzung, Lippincott and Rang and Dale. But all I did was pharmacology and toxicology. . .pharmacy students do faaaar more so stop limiting their scope to the small knowledge you have.

4 Likes

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Scholar212(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

Oya make dem grand stand into the jobless employment market
lol pharmacy is one of the courses with highest number of vacancies. Even pre-intern are getting employed. I am in the medical field and if a pharmacist says he is unemployed then he does not like the ones available.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Scholar212(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
danilmo:

Every course is tough in there own way but some are tougher bro..

We dont use semester calender but rather months so we can finish path and Pharm.. that's is y I said ur corriculum isn't design to know much of path and Pharm, na medics d course are made for so we study path and Pharm to the core, how can u study material for 3-4 month only to come here and say u know path and Pharm where medics are na. howfar u..

Did I said u didnt write it, but my dear in the scale of 1-10 , u guys didn't do half of path and Pharm..

I heard u saying drawing d structure of drug, wait is that what pharmacology all about, to draw drug structure?? don't embarrass pharmacology here, we talking of pharmacology to manage patient , u are telling me chem pharmacy.

u are meant to know drug because u produce and that structural brohaha isn't d real deal in pharmacology, probably ur chem pharmacy, abi tell me is it karzung or Tripathy that taught u drug structure?? we are talking pharmacology u saying drug structure..
dude just shut up and focus on graduating from medical school. It is always students that rant online, your colleagues who are practicing doctors don't have time for ignorant talks like this. How can you claim to know pharmacology more than a pharmacist that owns the department

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by otokx(m): 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
Fyi0:

It is not by wearing uniform like primary school children, don't be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by danilmo: 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
Scholar212:
dude just shut up and focus on graduating from medical school. It is always students that rant online, your colleagues who are practicing doctors don't have time for ignorant talks like this. How can you claim to know pharmacology more than a pharmacist that owns the department
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by GR8RHEIGHTS(m): 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
otokx:
see the environment, very dirty.
As in eehn,them no fit even do house keeping self..These one show say when them open their private pharmacies Na so their environments go be..

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Donwyz(m): 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
danilmo:

stop displaying ignorance here. so u know pathology now with those idea material and pamphlet they gave u..
so now
u know Histopathology, hematology, Med Microbiology and Chemical pathology ehnn.

nnna be careful.

I know u ll tell me u have Medic who has came back for pharmacy from the euphoria of God knows where. oya Did u have any medic in ur pharmacy school right now??

meanwhile, Did I just here u say what is Pharm, ( I'm very sure u didn't study pharmacology like medic, probably hr scope of study didn't design it so coz I've never seen any of ur colleague with any of the standard books in Pharmacology.
(kartzung, Goodman gilman, tripathy).
I know u ll also feel u know anatomy with does papaer material self,

Linpincott has been the highest I've seen with material, please dont come here and tell me u guys did pharmacology with does Lippincott subtitles,)

I respect u guys coz ur scope of study is d only one close to my study but dont bite more than u can chew, how can u open ur mouth and say u did Pathology. haaa , no make person vex o coz i wont mind us drilling ourself pharmacologycally here . nawa o

oga u must not stay here and express anger in the disguise of comparison.. both courses are difficult, remember you are just studying one of them so you can't tell how the other is... at the end of the day it's how well u thrive in the profession that matters and how you can use it to affect the society and not coming here to brag about text books and the rest... if you no make money at the end wetin u gain?

1 Like

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Donwyz(m): 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
kapelvej:
people like you are some of the problem that medicine have.. mind you pharmacy students also spend 6yrs in school too.. uniben pharm students can't attest to that... that's doctor of pharmacy degree
Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
danilmo:

That thing u don't know is the the enlightenment ure ignorant of..
Go to hospitals and ask why those pharmacist who produce the drug aren't the one prescribing the drug but rather Doctors do while Pharmacist dispense. Na because say we av been trained to know drug and the clinical application for management...chikena
Stop exposing your ignorance here.

Re: Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2019
GR8RHEIGHTS:

As in eehn,them no fit even do house keeping self..These one show say when them open their private pharmacies Na so their environments go be..
Guy that's a new site which is still under construction. Why not go to the old faculty and see how neat and serene it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Pupils Make Dresses With Needle And Thread (Photos) / Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 / No Resumption Date Yet For Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.