Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,638 members, 7,820,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

5 Things Nobody Tells You About Omidiran Art Gallery - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things Nobody Tells You About Omidiran Art Gallery (464 Views)

Nike Art Gallery: All You Need To Know Before You Go / My France Picture Gallery / Nike Art Gallery, Freedom Park & National Museum In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things Nobody Tells You About Omidiran Art Gallery by ericotrips(m): 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
Visiting Art Galleries is pretty simple: Search Google Maps, Choose your Best Hours and Go without any Money

In September of 2019, I took a bus from Osogbo to the apex of yoruba culture – Ile-Ife. My itinerary for the journey was pretty basic: see an old friend, visit the Natural History Museum and Museum of Antiquities and Contemporary African Art in Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU). But then, everything changed after I unravelled a beauty perched on Ede Road.

OMIDIRAN ART GALLERY PRESENT LOCATION:
25, Ede Road, Along OAU, Ile-Ife, Osun State.

You’ll need to focus carefully in order not to miss the gallery and if you’re a sucker for African Arts, I suggest you alight at the location instead of Ife Bus Park. You can also walk for about 15 minutes if you want to explore street murals.

At Omidiran Art Gallery, a cool water fountain and a few artistic works encased in glassware are the first items that welcome casual visitors or art patrons. Inside the gallery, the one-and-only person I saw was a beautiful lady who expected art and craft enthusiasts like myself.

1. AMBIANCE

I couldn’t help but enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of the Gallery. While I was in, slow and soothing music played in the background and the music wasn’t “gbada gbodo” like my mum would usually say. Plus the air con, the songs made the interior heavenly and very relaxing.

2. SET UP

“Can you say for sure that every single artwork in this room is by one man?” I asked agog while anticipating a contrary response. Then surprisingly, the lady stylishly nodded.

Over 5,000 Artworks all by Omidiran! That’s puzzling and incomprehensible at the same time!! Some of these artworks were grouped into collections to create an all exclusive and aesthetically friendly place.

3. ART WORTHINESS

Throughout my time in the Gallery, the tour guide seemed very knowledgeable about Mr Omidiran and his artworks. After a short stroll from the Ife Roundabout where I noticed a yoruba deity head, I was surprised again to see the same “olokun” in Omidiran, as if it was something popular with Ile-Ife.

4. LOCATIONS

Omidiran Art Gallery in a strange sort of way reminded me of Nike Art Gallery back in Lagos. Even though the total appearance was quite different from anything in Nike, the showcased works were somehow outstandingly similar.

Omidiran Art Gallery just like Nike wasn’t located at one base alone, there were other branches in Gbagada Estate, Lagos and the Richland Washington States, USA.

5. BOOKINGS

If you’ve got the right amount, Omidiran could be yours for a short while. Basically, “rentage” options vary from photoshoot sessions to videography sessions to small groupings and many more.

Right now, I know that stopping by Omidiran Art Gallery actually made my Ife itinerary way better… Mr Gbolade’s Gallery was some cities away from homelessness… sorry, where I stayed. It was such an awesome place to be.

Moments later, I was still able to finish my to-do list… I found myself newly impressed by the beauty of Ile-Ife.

Read More Art & Travel Adventures at https://ericotrips.

Re: 5 Things Nobody Tells You About Omidiran Art Gallery by Bannylove13: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
ericotrips:
Visiting Art Galleries is pretty simple: Search Google Maps, Choose your Best Hours and Go without any Money

In September of 2019, I took a bus from Osogbo to the apex of yoruba culture – Ile-Ife. My itinerary for the journey was pretty basic: see an old friend, visit the Natural History Museum and Museum of Antiquities and Contemporary African Art in Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU). But then, everything changed after I unravelled a beauty perched on Ede Road.

OMIDIRAN ART GALLERY PRESENT LOCATION:
25, Ede Road, Along OAU, Ile-Ife, Osun State.

You’ll need to focus carefully in order not to miss the gallery and if you’re a sucker for African Arts, I suggest you alight at the location instead of Ife Bus Park. You can also walk for about 15 minutes if you want to explore street murals.

At Omidiran Art Gallery, a cool water fountain and a few artistic works encased in glassware are the first items that welcome casual visitors or art patrons. Inside the gallery, the one-and-only person I saw was a beautiful lady who expected art and craft enthusiasts like myself.

1. AMBIANCE

I couldn’t help but enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of the Gallery. While I was in, slow and soothing music played in the background and the music wasn’t “gbada gbodo” like my mum would usually say. Plus the air con, the songs made the interior heavenly and very relaxing.

2. SET UP

“Can you say for sure that every single artwork in this room is by one man?” I asked agog while anticipating a contrary response. Then surprisingly, the lady stylishly nodded.

Over 5,000 Artworks all by Omidiran! That’s puzzling and incomprehensible at the same time!! Some of these artworks were grouped into collections to create an all exclusive and aesthetically friendly place.

3. ART WORTHINESS

Throughout my time in the Gallery, the tour guide seemed very knowledgeable about Mr Omidiran and his artworks. After a short stroll from the Ife Roundabout where I noticed a yoruba deity head, I was surprised again to see the same “olokun” in Omidiran, as if it was something popular with Ile-Ife.

4. LOCATIONS

Omidiran Art Gallery in a strange sort of way reminded me of Nike Art Gallery back in Lagos. Even though the total appearance was quite different from anything in Nike, the showcased works were somehow outstandingly similar.

Omidiran Art Gallery just like Nike wasn’t located at one base alone, there were other branches in Gbagada Estate, Lagos and the Richland Washington States, USA.

5. BOOKINGS

If you’ve got the right amount, Omidiran could be yours for a short while. Basically, “rentage” options vary from photoshoot sessions to videography sessions to small groupings and many more.

Right now, I know that stopping by Omidiran Art Gallery actually made my Ife itinerary way better… Mr Gbolade’s Gallery was some cities away from homelessness… sorry, where I stayed. It was such an awesome place to be.

Moments later, I was still able to finish my to-do list… I found myself newly impressed by the beauty of Ile-Ife.

Read More Art & Travel Adventures at https://ericotrips.

Baba Omidiran..
Greetings from bullsgate...ikeja.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nobody Tells You About Omidiran Art Gallery by ericotrips(m): 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bannylove13:

Baba Omidiran..
Greetings from bullsgate...ikeja.
Whoa! I just checked Bullsgate Art Gallery, can I come to visit anytime and would there be anyone to answer my many questions?

(1) (Reply)

Plastic Bags Not Allowed In Rwanda / How Can I Get Contact Of Nigerian In USA / Pedestrian Crossing At Onitsha Bridge This Morning!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.