Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:56 AM

Nike Art Gallery: All You Need To Know Before You Go - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nike Art Gallery: All You Need To Know Before You Go (6809 Views)

I Visited Nike Art Gallery Today / My France Picture Gallery / Nike Art Gallery, Freedom Park & National Museum In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nike Art Gallery: All You Need To Know Before You Go by Busolami2015(f): 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2021
By Mera Agbadudu for Tour Telegraph
Located in Lekki Phase 1 of Lagos Island is a mind-blowing art gallery you wouldn’t have guessed was there.
Nike Art Gallery, located at 2 Oba Yekini Elegushi Rd, Lekki Phase I, Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria, is a Nigerian hidden treasure and an ancient history thriving in our present time.

Comprising of an art gallery, textile museum, and a coffee shop, Nike Art Gallery is a four-story building containing over 8,000 artworks from various Nigerian artists that would leave you falling in love with art again.

Opened seven days a week for guests, tourists, and any art lover or textiles, I believe it would take you more than a week to go through every artwork in the gallery and appreciate them. So this is why you should visit.

1. NO GATE FEE
As a tourist, you are probably on a budget and don’t want to get stranded and at the same time want to visit everywhere possible. Nike art gallery is one such tourist destination that you don’t have to pay to visit. Yes, I said it. Every single piece of art is available for your eyes to see for free.

2. learn the art
If you have a passion for art and have a week to spare, the Nike art course is readily available, or instead, you could enroll in an art course or take a tour with the owner of Nike. The tour group provides overnight accommodation at her guest house and participates in creating traditional African handicrafts such as Adire, batik, indigo, beading, painting, or carving.

3. Pictures!
I don’t think you can visit a place without pictures! yeess! Nike art gallery is so beautiful you’ll probably feel right at home, and trust me, and every single picture would fit just about any frame.
So go ahead and strike that pose. Let us paint your picture.

4. The Beach
After looking at art, the Elegushi beach is very close, and you can see the waves and wave back.

5. Buy Art
If you care for some souvenirs, you could buy different art, fabrics, or artwork, ranging from some few thousand nairas to millions. Everyone gets to have price-friendly art according to budget.

Possibly the largest art gallery in Africa. It is also number one on Trip Advisor’s list of the best attractions in Lagos, Nigeria. Nike boss Davis Okundaye owns the gallery. And as I took my leave the last time I was there, I looked back at all the art that would fill the world and knew it wouldn’t be my last time here.

Source: https://tourtelegraph.com/featured/nike-art-gallery-all-you-need-to-know-before-you-go/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nike Art Gallery: All You Need To Know Before You Go by AlphaCEO: 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2021
Busolami2015:

Source: https://tourtelegraph.com/featured/nike-art-gallery-all-you-need-to-know-before-you-go/
Awesome. I love the vivid ambience
of Nike art gallery.

However Lekki Phase 1 is located on Lekki Peninsula NOT Lagos
Island according the writer of the article.

Nice post though.
Re: Nike Art Gallery: All You Need To Know Before You Go by Busolami2015(f): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2021
AlphaCEO:

Awesome. I love the vivid ambience
of Nike art gallery.

However, Lekki Phase 1 is located on Lekki Peninsula NOT Lagos
Island according to the writer of the article.

Nice post though.

Nice one.. Thanks. CC lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nike Art Gallery: All You Need To Know Before You Go by HarreyJustin: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2022
Nike Art Gallery is a place where you can find a variety of artworks and collectibles. The gallery features Nike sneakers, shoes, and boots that have been customized by artists from around the world. It’s also home to an exclusive NikeLab space where guests can view exclusive collections and get a glimpse into what’s coming next from Nike Football (soccer). It may inspire you to explore https://masterbundles.com/templates/presentations/powerpoint/vintage/ and other related sources. You can't blame Nike for wanting to celebrate its heritage. The brand has been around for nearly 50 years and has a storied history that includes amazing athletes, groundbreaking shoes, and an iconic swoosh that's found on the wrists of millions around the world.

(1) (Reply)

$20,000 Disappears From Passenger's Luggage At MMA2 Screening Point / Requirement For U.k Visiting Visa Application In Nigeria? / Bus Services That Travel From OWERRI To ILORIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.