Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home (51514 Views)

What Should I Do? My Husband Said Our Marriage Is Over-Pls Advise / My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by executive12: 11:36pm On Nov 09, 2019
cricifixo:
Try adjusting woman or are you fighting God?

Is her husband God?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Lonelypacifist6: 11:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
If we would be factual with ourselves The man is just looking for an excuse to misbehave, Divorce or marry another woman, he doesn't have a problem with you not praying if he does he wouldn't eat your food and have sex with you.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by executive12: 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
pharmagba:

I need to be blunt with you since you asked for my advice

You are not wise at all.
Look at the reason you are giving, that you are not praying regularly

Praying to God is a test of humility. A great man once said, "if I want to humble a man, I ask him how long he prays"
It simply means you are full of pride and very disobedient wife. You are even considering your marketability when you eventually leaves his house.
If things continue like this let me tell you what will happen, he will definitely throw you out of his life, not only his house and he will get a better lady and live happily ever after and you may also get a another husband who will also throw you out after some time. Why? Simple. It is because you will display your rotten character.

My advice if you really want to make things work
Be humble to your husband, respect and obey him. It is not to much to pray even if it is 100times daily. Any woman that humbles herself and respect her husband especially if the man is Godly, will always find favour with him. In fact such men will go out of their ways to satisfy and make her happy but if you don't respect him forget about getting any dime from him.
You have wasted so much time, start the amendment today. Thank God he had not told his parent.

A word is enough for the wise

Here's a typical Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Sukueponmalu: 11:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
baby124:

Praying 5 times a day is no joke. Even Christians that are mandated to pray just once sef, a lot of us don’t pray. OP is a moderate Muslim who married a conc Muslim. This is the root of the problem. The husband knew this before marriage but believes her could make her pray more. I am honestly tired of people trying to force others to change.

He accepted her as a moderate Muslim and married her, he really should not be blaming her. Rather he should be coaxing her back into a regular prayer life by example and praying as a family. In my own family my father was the prayer warrior and not my mother. But when he called for family prayer or prayer during certain occasions we must respect and join him in prayer.

There is no mandate on one spouse being the prayer warrior. Where one is weak, the other has to try their best to fill in the gap until they come to an understanding. Not by insults and threats that can do permanent damage to the marriage. She will never forget what he said and how he treated her you know?
You know nothing about Islam.
There’s nothing as moderate or conc Muslim .
The 5 times daily prayer is not optional for muslims . It’s a cumpulsion . Each of these 5 activities barely take 5 minutes .
If she cannot do what her husband wants , then she should leave and never look back!
Aren’t no man want his kids raised in a wrong way.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Elytron1604: 11:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
kestolove95:
Then leave na...must u tell us? Nonsense
frustrated people along side 31likes all frustrated. If you have no advice for her won't you tie your mouth. Organic subjects
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Debaiz: 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2019
pharmagba:

I need to be blunt with you since you asked for my advice

You are not wise at all.
Look at the reason you are giving, that you are not praying regularly

Praying to God is a test of humility. A great man once said, "if I want to humble a man, I ask him how long he prays"
It simply means you are full of pride and very disobedient wife. You are even considering your marketability when you eventually leaves his house.
If things continue like this let me tell you what will happen, he will definitely throw you out of his life, not only his house and he will get a better lady and live happily ever after and you may also get a another husband who will also throw you out after some time. Why? Simple. It is because you will display your rotten character.

My advice if you really want to make things work
Be humble to your husband, respect and obey him. It is not to much to pray even if it is 100times daily. Any woman that humbles herself and respect her husband especially if the man is Godly, will always find favour with him. In fact such men will go out of their ways to satisfy and make her happy but if you don't respect him forget about getting any dime from him.
You have wasted so much time, start the amendment today. Thank God he had not told his parent.

A word is enough for the wise

I doubt you’re a Muslim. If you are you should know how hard it is to pray 5times daily especially for women and most especially for a woman who wasn’t used to it. If you pray 5times daily then be grateful to Allah rather than being arrogant.

I once heard a story of a Muslim man who works by crushing rocks with hand tools. He doesn’t pray regularly. They asked him why he doesn’t pray regularly. He said the 5daily prayers is a very hard task. This was someone who crushes rock with hand tools for a living.

Praying 5times daily requires work and grace of Allah. You may be right with her arrogance towards Allah and prayer and she really needs to change but the husband has serious work to do. He really needs to show her love and huge support.

They’re both wrong but saying someone you’ve never met has a rotten character is not an hallmark of a Muslim.

The husband should support her. He can take her along to masjid every morning and cajole her with love and jokes to pray the rest.

Malice and divorce should be the last resort.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by midnighter(f): 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

You know nothing about Islam.
There’s nothing as moderate or conc Muslim .
The 5 times daily prayer is not optional for muslims . It’s a cumpulsion . Each of these 5 activities barely take 5 minutes .
If she cannot do what her husband wants , then she should leave and never look back!
Aren’t no man want his kids raised in a wrong way.

There are moderate muslims everywhere! What are you talking about

So many of them skip prayers, drink alcohol and eat non-Halal food except in Ramadan. Are you living under a stone

Even this milad-il-nabi we are celebrating tomorrow, so many of them have never even heard of it. You can message somebody outside of Nigeria to greet them for the celebration and they will be asking you what is that

That guy should have seen the writing on the wall. That praying praying every time is too much for a lot of people even though she is supposed to be doing it
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
Elytron1604:
frustrated people along side 31likes all frustrated. If you have no advice for her won't you tie your mouth. Organic subjects
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
Well seems you know the answer to your challenges, I hope you both are not seeking something personal that is warranting the prayer threat....anyway just try and pray ,perhaps it would get you closer to God,but don't feel threatened, if you got good manners you might still find someone who believe your relationship with God is more personal that completing a five times marathon prayer everyday.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 09, 2019
baby124:

It did. My parents had a very good marriage. Maybe it’s because my father actually really loved my mother though. If you want to be recognized as the head of the home, you have to lead by example and guard your utterances carefully. It’s not a cheap and easy job that you can do by throwing threats and insults, like a market woman.

But you haven't heard from the man side...
It's so obvious that the religious traits the guy was expecting from the ladies is not there... So, the guy was frustrated.and fed-up...
So, it's either the guy change the lady or the lady change the guy... One must be influenced by the other ....and more often , the one with greater force pull more stronger.. if the guy has a greater forces behind him she will pull the lady vice versa.
That's

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by FroshJaynex(m): 11:48pm On Nov 09, 2019
MisterGrace:
You have the right to live the way you want provided you aren't infringing on anyone's rights or breaking the law of the country.

You can get a man of your choice even at 35 years of age.

Your husband seems to be one of these extremists who forces their beliefs down the throats of others.

You deserve happiness.
Will u give her the happiness when she leaves?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Taiwo20(m): 11:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
arinpe16:
Good evening everyone. Please I need your advice.

My husband has been keeping malice with me because I don't pray regularly again (we're Muslims) and he's threatening to divorce me (we only did court wedding and yet to do Nikkah).

He's eats my food but doesn't talk to me. This has been going on for over a year now and it's getting worse. Can I tell his parents? They are strong Muslims and I'm afraid they may blame me more. He also doesn't give me money anymore. I'm tired of his stinginess and he's very insensitive. He believes I'm a devil since I don't pray even though things have changed for the better for him since we met.

He also doesn't believe I can get a husband since I'm close to 35. Please, I'm confused. I don't know what to do.

Try! Just try!!

He should notice that you are trying, then talk to him too.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Amanda4life: 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2019
I think he is a nice person because he wants you to pray always. May be this man is not suffering you its likely you are suffering from the effect of not praying.

May be if you were praying always he would have well placed by now

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Sukueponmalu: 11:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
midnighter:

There are moderate muslims everywhere! What are you talking about

So many of them skip prayers, drink alcohol and eat non-Halal food except in Ramadan. Are you living under a stone

Even this milad-il-nabi we are celebrating tomorrow, so many of them have never even heard of it. You can message somebody outside of Nigeria to greet them for the celebration and they will be asking you what is that

That guy should have seen the writing on the wall. That praying praying every time is too much for a lot of people even though she is supposed to be doing it
If that’s your definition of “moderate Muslim”
I guess a moderate Nigerian should be someone that breaks all the laws in the constitution.
Smh

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by 1Sharon(f): 11:52pm On Nov 09, 2019
arinpe16:

My husband has been keeping malice with me because I don't pray regularly again (we're Muslims) and he's threatening to divorce me (we only did court wedding and yet to do Nikkah).

He's eats my food but doesn't talk to me. This has been going on for over a year now and it's getting worse. Can I tell his parents? They are strong Muslims and I'm afraid they may blame me more. He also doesn't give me money anymore. I'm tired of his stinginess and he's very insensitive. He believes I'm a devil since I don't pray even though things have changed for the better for him since we met.

He also doesn't believe I can get a husband since I'm close to 35. Please, I'm confused. I don't know what to do.

What do you do for yourself? What income do you have?

Why won't he disrespect you, when you don't contribute?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by midnighter(f): 11:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

If that’s your definition of “moderate Muslim”
I guess a moderate Nigerian should be someone that breaks all the laws in the constitution.
Smh

Its not me, they would still define themselves as Muslims and would be offended if you said otherwise

Islam has a whole history, culture, political system as well as laws. Some people identify more with the general ideas of peace and kindness and just being a good person without feeling that they have to follow all the laws involved and truth be told, it can be difficult to do all of it without being impractical

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by kestolove95(m): 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
FindingNigeria:

I wish you the best for when you eventually have your own home.
amin thanks
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by kestolove95(m): 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
You dey mind her? Some people go just come dey open their dirty yansh for our face here on nairaland.

Kestolove95 is my dinner ready? Na pounded yam I want o
bye bye to yeye boifrnd
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by kestolove95(m): 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
frozen70g:

Stop acting silly you don't know or have any experience of marriage
and who told u?
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by kestolove95(m): 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
Cellenero:

These is insensitive from you.
so what do we do now?
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by frozen70g(f): 12:00am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:
and who told u?

For the fact that you claimed to be a woman when you are actually a man shows that all is not OK
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by kestolove95(m): 12:01am On Nov 10, 2019
Elytron1604:
oga I HV given d one I hv
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by imninja: 12:01am On Nov 10, 2019
arinpe16:

He wants to get a new younger wife
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Elytron1604: 12:01am On Nov 10, 2019
Vyolet:
He wants you be a Muslim by act and deed, you mentioned that you were not used to praying five times daily and he knows. I bet he has shown you example severally by observing the five daily salat but you still don't get the memo hence his forceful way of ensuring you observe your salat daily. It won't hurt you if you do that, especially if that's what will bring him back to you for now, you will get used to it.
I bet if it's about you wearing skimpy dresses, going down on your knees to pray over a cheating partner, you would do them with ease.
everybody to his opinion. What's bring him back when he has always been back. He eats her food, service bang her regularly. Why didn't he keep off completely. Look that man is a sociopath. He must have been seeing some extra alhaja out there especially now that his fortune has turned around for good. All along he didn't complain when he was a pauper now his got some coins he now sees you are not good enough.If you are in doubt resort to his wish and you will see that he won't be any better. I will advice you to bring it to his parents notice before he does and if you are blaimed accept it and promise to adjust then see what onfolds later. If he changes then he is real else some alhaja are bedpraying with him somewhere. Abegi it's not the prayer that's the issue there is more to that in his mind .Enjoy yourself woman.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by kestolove95(m): 12:01am On Nov 10, 2019
yoged:
you've never got reasonable things to say in your life . Your life must be cruel
are u serious?
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by shoboy9: 12:03am On Nov 10, 2019
What is difficult about praying? Why must you allow it to get to this level? Why not resolve it when he started giving you the silent treatment? Is Agidi your surname? Haba!!
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by VicM6: 12:04am On Nov 10, 2019
Pray 5 times a day. must he monitor ur prayer... i belive prayer doesn't have actual number. you can pray anytime, even more than 500 in a day if u wish.. while walking u can pray, even while on bed u cn pray...
But madam, b4 u got married to him u knew he was d prayer type so you have to bear ur cross alone here. but d divorce is sometin he can do or mayb he wants to bring in a new wife so he is finding a point to nail.

talk to him and settle ur in-deferences.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Sukueponmalu: 12:06am On Nov 10, 2019
midnighter:

Its not me, they would still define themselves as Muslims and would be offended if you said otherwise

Islam has a whole history, culture, political system as well as laws. Some people identify more with the general ideas of peace and kindness and just being a good person without feeling that they have to follow all the laws involved and truth be told, it can be difficult to do all of it without being impractical
You know nothing about Islam, but you’re acting like you know so much.
Keep wallowing in your ignorance .
Bye.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Lugianostar(m): 12:08am On Nov 10, 2019
Become a strong prayer warrior else torture home is sooner destination!!!

Lazy prayerless wife
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Asifiwe(m): 12:09am On Nov 10, 2019
Muslim matter? why did they not ask RESPONDENTS to denounce inter faith on this thread as they ALWAYS do before replying on this issue or making opinion ?
Abeg, make them no come terrorize me, Na their matter
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by midnighter(f): 12:12am On Nov 10, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

You know nothing about Islam, but you’re acting like you know so much.
Keep wallowing in your ignorance .
Bye.

You dont know anything about yourself! How can you say theres nothing like a moderate Muslim?

Up until recently Turkey has been enforcing moderate Islam to the point where they couldnt even wear hijab in public institutions. Iraq and Syria have both been secular Muslim states for over 50 years

I think youre the one who has been roasting in ignorance all this while.

Assalamu alaikom!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Catches His Childless Wife Having Sex With Customer To Get Pregnant / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria / Widow Banished For Having Sex On Late Husband’s Bed In Ebonyi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.