Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home (51420 Views)

What Should I Do? My Husband Said Our Marriage Is Over-Pls Advise / My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by mindful01: 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
It pains a Muslim man for his wife or children not praying with him.

14 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Temitope009(f): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
I think there are several questions you need to answer before you can get any meaningful advice..

Why has it spanned for this long without you taking any steps?
What steps have you taken personally to better the situation?
Are you also a Muslim and willing to pray?
What other underlying issues are there? (Because it's hard to believe this will be his only reason for him to ask you to leave his house)

Hmm
Most times, one sided story doesn't really click.
I wish you take the best decision at the end of the day though. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Bbbwings: 10:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
Praying for what exactly

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by thorpido(m): 10:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
Op,do you still want to remain a Muslim?
I don't think praying 5 times a day should be such a hard task The prayers don't take up to 10mins.
You just need to push yourself.Whenever he starts to prepare,you join in too.
Issues like this should not start to divide couples.

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by baby124: 10:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
arinpe16:
@baby124, He prays regularly and we have kids.
@pharmagba Did you read the post at all? He's the one telling me that I'm not marketable again. As per obedience and humility, don't judge please. You do not know me.
He doesn't set good example for me. He will pray, eat my food, have sex with me and still keep malice with me? Is that what the Qur'an says about religion? We've been together for 5 years and he didn't see it as a big deal. Why is it now that everything good is coming his way, he suddenly start seeing me as being a devil, not marketable and what not.
So, I'll have to pray for him to love me and do his right? Just imagine. He can't even correct me without threatening me with divorce. Is being divorced a disease?

As long as I never wish him bad and I'm trying, he should know I'll get there, but it takes time. So, i ask again, is divorce the answer?
Lol. OP, I can tell you are a modern/enlightened wife stuck with an Alfa. I am sure you can put the bolded together in a very respectable way that it will also touch his bones. Then you pray with him that night so you cover the shade cheesy wink. He no go try am again except he’s an agbaya. If he’s really as religious as you say, he will lay up all night wondering how to apologize or ask for forgiveness and change his ways.

Also, try to tell him not to demean you on your age and threaten you with divorce. Just communicate with him well and, let him know how wrong he is in a Muslim wife way. If it’s prayer that will bring peace into your home, then go ahead and pray. Make sure you pray with him too when he’s at home.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Bruemath(m): 10:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
Come to my house then
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
be bold enough and approach his parents, i don't knw why some Muslim men are this strong minded...over a year,meh has not spoken to you, n.a. wa..
just listen to what the parents will say n take your decisions. .at 35yrs, my dear you can still remarry n start life afresh.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Jetland(m): 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
dominique:
Try and pray five times a day, with time you'll get used to it. My husband also complains about my non praying regularly so I'm trying to adjust. It's not easy but achievable.
Shey Muslim dey bear Dominique? shocked

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by godumes: 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
Cooked story just to keep us busy.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Midas01: 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chaii

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Rubbiish(m): 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
arinpe16:
Good evening everyone. Please I need your advice.

My husband has been keeping malice with me because I don't pray regularly again (we're Muslims) and he's threatening to divorce me (we only did court wedding and yet to do Nikkah).

He's eats my food but doesn't talk to me. This has been going on for over a year now and it's getting worse. Can I tell his parents? They are strong Muslims and I'm afraid they may blame me more. He also doesn't give me money anymore. I'm tired of his stinginess and he's very insensitive. He believes I'm a devil since I don't pray even though things have changed for the better for him since we met.

He also doesn't believe I can get a husband since I'm close to 35. Please, I'm confused. I don't know what to do.
@bold Lol
My man no wan try hunger

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by seunmohmoh(f): 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2019
Over a year? Damn!!! I have nothing to say.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by KanuSE: 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
What are you still waiting for?
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
arinpe16:

My husband has been keeping malice with me because I don't pray regularly again (we're Muslims) and he's threatening to divorce me (we only did court wedding and yet to do Nikkah).

He's eats my food but doesn't talk to me. This has been going on for over a year now and it's getting worse. Can I tell his parents? They are strong Muslims and I'm afraid they may blame me more. He also doesn't give me money anymore. I'm tired of his stinginess and he's very insensitive. He believes I'm a devil since I don't pray even though things have changed for the better for him since we met.

He also doesn't believe I can get a husband since I'm close to 35. Please, I'm confused. I don't know what to do.

Are u a Muslim from birth?
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Midas01: 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
This your comment has very deep meaning.
MedicH:
when u said he eats your food i got a lot of mixed feelings. pls which food exactly? the one he eats before he eat or the one he eats after he eat

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Respect55(m): 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
Madam ogas don see another 'thing' outside.
Mybproole said that a woman that wants to run from her husband's home will say that they eyed her at night. Hope u grab
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by meobizy(f): 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
They have come again with their Nairaland-marriage stories. Who is the moderator charged with conjuring these?
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Gwagone: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
Some people will start running mouth now
They won't tell you what they are facing in their homes o

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
Why?
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Americanboy35: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
pharmagba:

I need to be blunt with you since you asked for my advice

You are not wise at all.
Look at the reason you are giving, that you are not praying regularly

Praying to God is a test of humility. A great man once said, "if I want to humble a man, I ask him how long he prays"
It simply means you are full of pride and very disobedient wife. You are even considering your marketability when you eventually leaves his house.
If things continue like this let me tell you what will happen, he will definitely throw you out of his life, not only his house and he will get a better lady and live happily ever after and you may also get a another husband who will also throw you out after some time. Why? Simple. It is because you will display your rotten character.

My advice if you really want to make things work
Be humble to your husband, respect and obey him. It is not to much to pray even if it is 100times daily. Any woman that humbles herself and respect her husband especially if the man is Godly, will always find favour with him. In fact such men will go out of their ways to satisfy and make her happy but if you don't respect him forget about getting any dime from him.
You have wasted so much time, start the amendment today. Thank God he had not told his parent.

A word is enough for the wise

Best advice so far

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by KanuSE: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jetland:

Shey Muslim dey bear Dominique? shocked

dominique na user name na...haba! undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by FindingNigeria: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
kestolove95:
Then leave na...must u tell us? Nonsense

I wish you the best for when you eventually have your own home.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Lexusgs430: 10:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
arinpe16:

Emotional and phychological abuse, is what you're experiencing......

Seek counselling, if that does not help..... Call his bluff......

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Enemyofpeace: 10:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
All I know is that I dey sell snipper and my own na original, the smell alone go do the work

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Myhusband(m): 10:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
your post is still an ignorance part of you. your husband want you to be praying, prayers not going to shrine then why can't you do that for peace to reign and even blend yourself to praying to God

religion is a personal conviction, since you're of the same religion with your husband I see no reason why you won't do what he likes

when a man/wife want their spouse to be doing something in the marriage and they're not doing it, it can make the marriage to look bored and unromantic

control your ego, African man loves to be on top of his house

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by midnighter(f): 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
I mean, if he says its because you dont pray the full 5 times then what is remaining is to start doing that and see whether or not he improves

You cant report him to anybody until you can guarantee that you are doing all the right things, and according to Islamic teaching, you are not

I guess your kids will be seeing you sitting down when youre supposed to be praying and its getting him annoyed

Of a truth, its not too good

If a Christian lady refused to go to church while everybody else is going, it would be still be somehow to the husband

Please try and pray, o?

15 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by victorian(f): 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
cricifixo:
Try adjusting woman or are you fighting God?

Lol that's a good question.

Me sef wonder, why she doesn't pray anymore.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by galadima77(m): 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
crackhaus:
My only issue here is that he's not talking to you but still eating your food.
Does that man like his life at all...

Buhahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by madprophet(m): 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
arinpe16:

Madam

You husband wants to marry another wife.

Gather your self esteem and be prepared

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by chinchonglee(m): 10:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
arinpe16:

I'm not fighting God. I'm not used to praying 5 times daily before we met and he knows. I think he's only using it as an excuse. Is it enough reason to.want.a.divorce?
He is tired of u. Do u work

My advice! Get tired of him as well and show him u re tired of him.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by chigoizie7(m): 10:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
If the only reason he wants to divorce you is because you do not pray.

I suggest you grant him the divorce.

You are scared not because you really love him enough to want to stay in the marriage, you are only scared that he said that you are 35 and can’t get married again and you believed him.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria / Is This True Love Or Foolishness? (Photo) / How She Passed Away And Was Replaced In 2 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.