Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,061 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D (2446 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving / FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2019
dicksonadams:

Na waoh, like how many month is considered new, also how can dey tell by looking that the plate number is new

I'll say at least 6 months.

You'll know by the last two letters. For Lagos plates, if the first letter of the last two starts with F then it was registered within the last two years.

What they'll be looking at are plates ending with FT, FU FV...FZ
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by dicksonadams(m): 8:29am On Nov 11, 2019
rationalmind:

I'll say at least 6 months.

You'll know by the last two letters. For Lagos plates, if the first letter of the last two starts with F then it was registered within the last two years.

What they'll be looking at are plates ending with FT, FU FV...FZ

Mine is fs, and I plan to travel
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 11, 2019
dicksonadams:

Mine is fs, and I plan to travel

Just cross your Ts and dot your Is. The worst that will happen is the delay.
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 10:20am On Nov 11, 2019
rationalmind:

Just cross your Ts and dot your Is. The worst that will happen is the delay.

can you please explain how to know year and month from the last two letters.

I saw two 2018 Kia Rio and they spotted FY and FZ as last letter respectively. I was also seeing F alot I thought it must be February and decided month is what is been used until I saw CC, EZ, BJ and I was confused.

bleeped
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 11, 2019
nurey:

can you please explain how to know year and month from the last two letters.

I saw two 2018 Kia Rio and they spotted FY and FZ as last letter respectively. I was also seeing F alot I thought it must be February and decided month is what is been used until I saw CC, EZ, BJ and I was confused.

bleeped

The letters are arranged in an alphabetical order. Say they start from FA, the first set of plates will be KJA01FA..MUS20FA...BDG999FA. Then they move to FB and the numbering continues till they get to FZ. They should move to G when FZ has been exhausted and that's assuming they haven't already. We wey no dey lag no dey quick see these things

I don't think you can get the exact year or month by just looking at the plates you can however get an estimate. If I see an E plate for instance, I know the vehicle was registered at least two- three years ago.

CC: Pattybf .... Please throw more torchlight cheesy

1 Like

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 11:10am On Nov 11, 2019
rationalmind:

The letters are arranged in an alphabetical order. Say they start from FA, the first set of plates will be KJA01FA..MUS20FA...BDG999FA. Then they move to FB and the numbering continues till they get to FZ. They should move to G when FZ has been exhausted and that's assuming they haven't already. We wey no dey lag no dey quick see these things

I don't think you can get the exact year or month by just looking at the plates you can however get an estimate. If I see an E plate for instance, I know the vehicle was registered at least two- three years ago.

CC: Pattybf .... Please throw more torchlight cheesy

okay I understand you, you can't decipher the year or month from face value. Except you work with the DMV.

The accord I sold was BG and the plate was freshly done in 2012

The sienna is CW and was done in 2014 so E would be around 2015 so you are right.

My neighbors Highlander is 2 to 3months old and is FX, I saw that Kia Rio having FY that is to say by next year Lagos would be GA then cause December, people go buy car for village yanga grin
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by king406(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
Extra extra tyre grin, mehn naija roads dey chop tyre and rim no be small cry
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by selfmadeOLX(m): 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
rationalmind:

That may depend on how recent your plate number is smiley

It's very new and shiny grin

RZArecta2:
you are ordered to give us a blow by blow account of your journey if not enh tongue

I'll try

1 Like

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by xavuv: 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
rationalmind:

Those thieves will stop you at almost all checkpoints expecting you to drop

They will take their time to crosscheck your VIN with the one on your papers. Some will go as far as checking your engine number.

God help you if one digit is incorrect cheesy

You re right. Na so them frustrate me life on my way to osogbo from ibdan. Those police at the outskirt of ibaban. My Vin on paper is not complete.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Suggest An Affordable Panelbeater For My Baby Boy 2002 Body Work / Mercedes Benz GLK 350 4matic Vs BMW X6 (2014) / So I Decided To Change My Air Filter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.