Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,995 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery (26205 Views)

Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp / Man Utd Target Milinkovic-savic As Potential Replacement For Pogba / Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by bassman007(m): 8:30am On Nov 10, 2019
All these fans that used to complain about Chelsea sacking their coach. You guys should be patient with Emery na. He needs at least 5 years to build the team. I thought arsenal was patient with coaches? tongue

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Adrian98(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2019
Thank God . Anybody but Emery please. Stupid man with rat teeth
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Adrian98(m): 8:42am On Nov 10, 2019
bassman007:
All these fans that used to complain about Chelsea sacking their coach. You guys should be patient with Emery na. He needs at least 5 years to build the team. I thought arsenal was patient with coaches? tongue

We are patient but the issues right now are too much
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Adakintroy2: 8:52am On Nov 10, 2019
What is wrong with us and leftovers. We always chasing the ones no one wants both in players and coaching. Imagine Enrique that could not do much with messi, Suarez and rakitics. Will suddenly do well with xhaka, guedozzi.

The only plus to this is that he may be coming from an institution like Baca that wholly understand the footballing philosophy of positive attacking play. That said, he us still a substandard. As for mo, they should not bring him two streets near my club. The day mourhino comes to a arsenal is the day I will take leave of absent. We are not thatdesperate yet for result. So we don't need any pragmatist with desperate tactics devoid of all form if entertainment. It's pragmatic days are over. The best clubs ( baca, bayern, mancity, psg. Madrid). Fit themselves up from strong attacking philosophy. No body wants to sit back and defend. So please no moh.

Our philosophy as already been cast by Wenger. I don't want a sharp reversal.

That said my coach for this job will be Julian nagalsmann(Rb liebzig). Solid compact unit he made out of them from relegated team. And they play good attacking football. Still on the rise and a coach the top clubs are eying. The arsenal job will be a good leap for him.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by mywells: 8:58am On Nov 10, 2019
This video assistant reviews is killing the joy of football.
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by zeedrous: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2019
Did u jst say Luiz Enrique did nt achieve success @ barca...den I guess u dnt know anytin. Google is ur friend
seunmsg:
We don’t want Luis Enrique. Someone that cannot achieve success with Barcelona will fail miserably at Arsenal. We need a coach with a solid record of achievement or a former Arsenal player that understand the philosophy of the club. They should go for Mourinho or Arteta.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by makavelli80(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2019
logon599:
Sack Emery or leave him to keep dragging the club further down, I don't care.
My interest this morning is in the use of VAR in the premier league and how it will kill off football with the way it's going now if nothing is done to check it. They told us VAR was introduced to rectify "clear and obvious errors" so that means if the ref has made a mistake in his judgement they can quickly see it and rectify. A clear and obvious error shouldn't take more than 5 seconds of replay to notice it and rectify, like Aubameyang's goal against Man U that was initially wrongly ruled offside but replays showed he was clearly onside. But in the case where they're always stopping the match and taking 5 minutes to check every decision, that is no longer clear and obvious and when that happens they should stick with the referee's original decision and move on. Or better still the referee should view the pitchside monitor, make his decision and continue. All these shouldn't take minutes. That Sheffield goal against Tottenham yesterday that was cancelled because one overzealous VAR guy was using 10 minutes to measure if the player's forefinger was offside, is the height of madness from the so called VAR.
eeh at least players fit relax to regain energy small small
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 10, 2019
The moments I saw arsenal defending against Leicester, I cried for Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by makavelli80(m): 9:16am On Nov 10, 2019
toprealman:
Gbam!
Very weak players. That Guendouzi should be playing in women division 3 league. Very slow and useless in counter situation.
u mean the best midfielder in arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Benbelor(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2019
Good move.. Emery is not all the problem in Arsenal but he actually is a big halve of the problem.. Then the board and players are the other halve. The man's formation and substitutions are very frustrating then the players lack of zeal to fight and win.. pathetic!
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Reference(m): 9:30am On Nov 10, 2019
Luis Enrique is not significantly better. The owners seem content with skirting about coaches who play almost the same 'Wengerish' pattern of possession soccer that is fast fading from prominence. And in bringing someone who doesn't have any experience coaxhing in the premiership it is just another gamble.
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 10, 2019
ogbiwa:
Arsenal have held talks with former Barcelona boss Luis Enrique as a potential replacement for Unai Emery, according to reports in Spain.

Emery is under increasing pressure at Arsenal following his side’s 2-0 defeat to Leicester City on Saturday, which has left the club eight points behind fourth place.

The Gunners have also registered just one win in their last six Premier League matches, while fans are now calling on Emery to be sacked during the international break.

Last week, reports claimed that Arsenal’s head of football Raul Sanllehi had met with Jose Mourinho to discuss his potential arrival at the club.

But now El Confidencial’s Kike Marin claims that Sanllehi is actively looking to replace Emery and has met with Luis Enrique.

The 49-year-old won nine major trophies during his three years as Barcelona manager which included the treble in his first season at the club.

Luis Enrique took over as Spain coach in July 2018 but left 11 months later for personal reasons as his nine-year-old daughter Xana passed away from osteosarcoma – a form of bone cancer – in August.

The Spaniard was reportedly on Arsenal’s initial shortlist when the Gunners were looking to replace Arsene Wenger in 2018.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/09/arsenal-hold-talks-luis-enrique-replace-unai-emery-11072452/?ito=newsnow-feed

Uniary Emery isn't the problem.
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Reference(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2019
mywells:

Na now una know.
I have not liked it in conception and hate it even more in execution. And it has done nothing to douse controversy. It will be ditched in a few years I predict. Football is and will never be a game of millimetres. It is pure art and art will always be subjective, full of flaws because beauty and the beautiful game will always be in the eyes of the beholder.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Kbs468(m): 9:54am On Nov 10, 2019
mywells:

Only in the EPL that the controversy lies and that would soon change as a meeting of stakeholders has been scheduled for the 14th of November
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Kbs468(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Uniary Emery isn't the problem.

If not, Whose problem is it then?

A manager that doesn't know his starting 11?

Imagine him not having a permanent playing pattern yet after 12 EPL matches plus Europa league?

Not to talk of Carling cup?

How would you opt for a 3 man defence line for the first time in a match against a high scoring side like LEICESTER City this season?

He is just clueless of football knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by toprealman: 10:07am On Nov 10, 2019
makavelli80:
u mean the best midfielder in arsenal?
You people should please stop celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by makavelli80(m): 10:08am On Nov 10, 2019
toprealman:
You people should please stop celebrating mediocrity.
not me bro, that's what they keep saying nigga
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by toprealman: 10:11am On Nov 10, 2019
Celexralno:

You think football is easy
Can you run just 10min ?
Sometimes you think that too Abeeg
Professional footballers are not paid good money to run for 10 minutes hunkle. Football is a 90mins energy draining sports. If you are in a F1 circuit......you are expected to fire down as fast as possible. No slowing down bro!
Give your 100% to your vocation.......that's all. Arsenal players lack that push. If it's hard to run for 10 minutes......you should not be in the field in the first place.
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by toprealman: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2019
makavelli80:
not me bro, that's what they keep saying nigga
So they watch and interpret the game for you hunkle? Read more about press hype and make an attempt to engage your brain and eyes when watching football games.
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by toprealman: 10:26am On Nov 10, 2019
anochuko01:

You sure say you sabi ball? So arsenal would play counter ball every 90mins of a match? No be your fault, Na that useless coach
The problem with most Arsenal fans is that just like the club the support, they are trash in all aspects of football.
When your team is facing a counter attack, you need agile players that can catch up and most importantly scare the shit outta whoever is with the ball. When you have weaklings.....people like Zaha will always have fun playing against your team. Go check how Arsenal defend a counterattack.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by senatordave1(m): 10:34am On Nov 10, 2019
Adakintroy2:
What is wrong with us and leftovers. We always chasing the ones no one wants both in players and coaching. Imagine Enrique that could not do much with messi, Suarez and rakitics. Will suddenly do well with xhaka, guedozzi.

The only plus to this is that he may be coming from an institution like Baca that wholly understand the footballing philosophy of positive attacking play. That said, he us still a substandard. As for mo, they should not bring him two streets near my club. The day mourhino comes to a arsenal is the day I will take leave of absent. We are not thatdesperate yet for result. So we don't need any pragmatist with desperate tactics devoid of all form if entertainment. It's pragmatic days are over. The best clubs ( baca, bayern, mancity, psg. Madrid). Fit themselves up from strong attacking philosophy. No body wants to sit back and defend. So please no moh.

Our philosophy as already been cast by Wenger. I don't want a sharp reversal.

That said my coach for this job will be Julian nagalsmann(Rb liebzig). Solid compact unit he made out of them from relegated team. And they play good attacking football. Still on the rise and a coach the top clubs are eying. The arsenal job will be a good leap for him.
At least with mourinho,arsenal will stop conceding foolish and useless goals.the defective will be rock solid,which is arsenal biggest problem.conceding foolishly.let mourinho come or bould or arteta
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by senatordave1(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2019
toprealman:
The problem with most Arsenal fans is that just like the club the support, they are trash in all aspects of football.
When your team is facing a counter attack, you need agile players that can catch up and most importantly scare the shot outta whoever is with the ball. When you have weaklings.....people like Zaha will always have fun playing against your team. Go check how Arsenal defend a counterattack.
I agree.arsenal problem plenty.from useless defenders to useless midfielders,we have weaklings as players and injury prone players.look at that useless guendouzi
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by kaylo31(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2019
lexy2014:

Is Enrique not a "tough tactician"?
I don't believe so, tactician he is but tough, not so
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by anochuko01(m): 11:37am On Nov 10, 2019
toprealman:
When your team is facing a counter attack, you need agile players that can catch up and most importantly scare the shit outta whoever is with the ball. When you have weaklings.....people like Zaha will always have fun playing against your team. Go check how Arsenal defend a counterattack.
You could have made your point without insults. You've not presented yourself well at all.
All your talking is even off point sef. Read again and comment when you understand.
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by tfash96(m): 11:38am On Nov 10, 2019
AryaSand:

I miss them everyday. That prodigal son needs to come back.
lol don't worry he will come back when he's done eating with pigs grin grin
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by jeffrey1596: 11:57am On Nov 10, 2019
Kbs468:

At all. ARSENE WENGER was never the problem in truth because throughout his 22 years instinct at ARSENAL,

The club never ever spent like CHELSEA, MANCHESTER UNITED, MANCHESTER CITY, LIVERPOOL, TOTTENHAM, REAL MADRID, BARCELONA, ATHLETICO MADRID, BAYERN MUNICH, JUVENTUS, INTER MILAN, PSG, AC MILAN ETC.

i wouldn't agree to that, Think of Leicester City '15. Wenger tried his best. After all, he isn't the one playing om the pitch. Unai is another case entirely abeg
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by lexy2014: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
kaylo31:

I don't believe so, tactician he is but tough, not so

Maybe u need to shed light on what u mean by tough
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by vislabraye(m): 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
We don't need Luis Enrique. Arsenal should go for Allegiri or better still Jose Mo (though it's not my favorite. )
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Adakintroy2: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
senatordave1:

At least with mourinho,arsenal will stop conceding foolish and useless goals.the defective will be rock solid,which is arsenal biggest problem.conceding foolishly.let mourinho come or bould or arteta

Was man. U defense rock solid during is later yrs Have you forgotten why he was sacked.

Moh football dark days of pragmatism is officially done for. Winning while looking dirty. He was the only top coach that was know for being defensive can you imagine. A top defensive coach.

Even then he was able to achieve that with a solid cast of essien, Drogba, lampard, terry, name them. At Madrid it wasn't so easy but he did something. The game has changed long time.

He is no longer top of the food chain as he was at chelsea. With so much money to spend with less competion. Now totheham won't sell. Man. City, Liverpool are all in the mix. Mouh can't attack any of this cooach. He doesn't know how. So we need a coach with attacking balls. Moh is also high maintenance coach. He had zero patience with young stars. So we have to bring out the check book. Which arsenal is not willing to do.

So Moh is not coming he will be Disgrace bad.
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2019
Kbs468:

If not, Whose problem is it then?

A manager that doesn't know his starting 11?

Imagine him not having a permanent playing pattern yet after 12 EPL matches plus Europa league?

Not to talk of Carling cup?

How would you opt for a 3 man defence line for the first time in a match against a high scoring side like LEICESTER City this season?

He is just clueless of football knowledge.

Arsenal squad is the problem, Not the coach. He's a good coach n needs time to work, nothing more.

The Arsenal squad is weak, especially in their defence
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Jokerman(m): 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2019
GP15:
Arsenal should go for Mikel Arteta. He is young and got bit of experience working as Assistant under Pep

So you think Arsenal is a small team like man city??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo De Lima Vs Cristiano Ronaldo / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Saturday's Clash Against Libya(photos) / Enter Here For 99.9% Sure Games 5-10 Odds Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.