Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin (527 Views)

Adegboyega Adefarasin's 21st Birthday: Pastor Paul Adefarasin Celebrates His Son / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin by ikorodureporta: 5:28am On Nov 10, 2019
In a TV broadcast of House On The Rock's teaching on TVC, the preacher, Paul Adefarasin was heard saying he does not believe in people making altar calls to give their life to something..

Does he mean that he does not believe in repentance/ being born again?

In that broadcast, he also said God does not care about your service.
He described God as a very mighty & busy being, that can't be wasting time on just 'little' human being trying to impress him...

In other words, is he trying to say that God doesn't care of our prayers too

This same preacher i heard some years ago saying he does not believe in speaking in tongues..

My fellow Christian "youths" should open their eyes

Re: Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin by sweetonugbu: 6:34am On Nov 10, 2019
If God as my chosen sister described him as being too holy and too righteous will send a 9 year old girl to hell because the madam she is living with has the habit of starving her and one day she saw madam 50 and took it to go and buy indomie and quench her hunger on her way back a careless driver hit her and run and she went to hell, or the neighbor that took five sticks of matches and told his neighbor that she took only three and died and went to hell, doesn't this make God jobless, having too much time to monitor human like cctv.
Re: Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin by sweetonugbu: 6:41am On Nov 10, 2019
Or the Muslim God that will order them to face one particular direction if not he is not answering their prayers, he even directed them on how to make love to their wife and even how to wipe their buttocks after going to toilet, CONTROL, too much time I tell you in the hand of man made God
Re: Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 10, 2019
I wish you had quoted his comment so that one doesn't get what he intended to say twisted.

Personally i'm not a fan of altar calls because I think it can be manipulated and abused. I would prefer people being asked to make the decision without having to come to the alter, otherwise they would come out for different reasons, but it would still be counted as those who repented of gave their lives to Christ.

I had a very close friend who came out for alter call because of a girl he admired in the choir so that she could get a closer view of him. And i believe that his name would have enter into the register of those who made the decision for God, but I was only able to know the actual reason for his coming out because I was his close friend.

I myself have come out for several alter calls but the day I made the decision to repent and begin to walk with God, i didn't come out for alter call, but it was clear that I had made the decision for God, as there was a marked change from who I used to be, to who I now was. For instance somethings I used to do like stealing and cheating, I did them no more.

So though nobody around me and in the meeting knew that I had made the Important decision, there would have been rejoicing in heaven because a soul that was lost was now truly found.

That's why I'm not such a fan of a alter calls even though i'm not against it, because I don't want a situation where there would be rejoicing on Earth that someone is saved while in heaven it's a different story all together.

So I'd prefer a situation where the fruits of people are used to determine those who are saved or not, and not just by them coming out for alter calls.

God bless.
Re: Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin by paxonel(m): 6:43am On Nov 10, 2019
Op, the man is right only that he could not figure out what is actually wrong in alter call.
But a lot of young Nigerian Christians have figured it out.
If alter calls were geared towards calling non Christians like Muslims for them to give their lives to Christ then alter calls would have been right. But what they do in church is to call fellow Christians in church to be Christians the second time.
What a mis-priority.
Re: Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin by ikorodureporta: 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
johnnyn1, crunchyg, agozie48 cheesy , ekakamba
Re: Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin by crunchyg: 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
paxonel:
Op, the man is right only that he could not figure out what is actually wrong in alter call.
But a lot of young Nigerian Christians have figured it out.
If alter calls were geared towards calling non Christians like Muslims for them to give there lives to Christ then alter calls would have been right. But what they do in church is to call fellow Christians in church to be Christians the second time.
What a mis-priority.
Please ignore the Op, I found out he is obsessed with the man of God, but the problem is he is always making a fool of himself anytime he tries to point out the he pastor because one will clearly see that the op doesn't even have understanding of what Christianity is let alone being in position to point an accusing finger on a servant of God. The op need to learn the basics of Christianity first before pointing what he doesn't know out. The op didn't type out the transcript of what was said or even a video so that believers with God understanding of the scriptures can listen to and judge for themselve, so he wants people to judge a man of God based on this nonsense he wrote up here

1 Like

Re: Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin by ikorodureporta: 3:08am On Nov 11, 2019
crunchyg:

Please ignore the Op, I found out he is obsessed with the man of God, but the problem is he is always making a fool of himself anytime he tries to point the pastor because one will clear see that the op doesn't even have understand of what Christianity is let alone being in position to point an accusing finger on a servant of God. The op need to learn the basics of Christianity first before pointing what he doesn't know out. The op didn't type out the transcript of what was said or even a video so that believers with God understanding of the scriptures can listen to and judge for themselve, so he wants people to judge what a man of God said based on what he told us by himself that it is what the man of God said?

U'l always come to support your illuminati leader even though you know what I'm trying to say...

I jst spoke about him loosely 'cos I'm sure someone else saw the video. You have a point to say I didn't provide d source.....
I raised 3 points about him on this post. I could have posted more than that...
because of my criticisms, they've ran away from TVC smiley
Pray I don't get the video online
Re: Adefarasin - I Dnt Biliv In Peopl Making Altar Calls To Giv Their Life 2 Somtin by crunchyg: 10:19am On Nov 11, 2019
ikorodureporta:

U'l always come to support your illuminati leader even though you know what I'm trying to say...

I jst spoke about him loosely 'cos I'm sure someone else saw the video. You have a point to say I didn't provide d source.....
I raised 3 points about him on this post. I could have posted more than that...
because of my criticisms, they've ran away from TVC smiley
Pray I don't get the video online
You wish

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Big Bird Turns Into Half-naked Woman, Exposes TB Joshua! / 80,000 Scottish Independence Supporters March In Confirmation Of TB Joshua’s Pro / According To The Law, Did He Steal From Me ?(pictures Proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.