Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa (2189 Views)

Fayemi Bows Out As NGF Chairman, Lauds Osinbajo For Leadership Skills / Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman / Fayose Reacts To Fayemi’s Emergence As NGF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by nairavsdollars(f): 6:11am On Nov 10, 2019
Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State will lead the Nigerian Governor’s Forum (NGF) delegation to the United States for a meeting facilitated by the Aliko Dangote Foundation in concert with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

This followed the denial of visa to Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State who was technically denied a visa by the United States Embassy.

A credible source informed DAILY INDEPENDENT that Fayemi was among some prominent Nigerians placed on visa ban by the United States government over their roles in electoral violence and other issues.

Though the NGF had denied that the governor was denied the visa, a credible source at the US Embassy said the term “administrative process” is a polite way of saying someone is being denied a visa.

According to him, it was the same method applied in the case of Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the last general elections as well as many other public and private individuals.

“The truth is Governor Fayemi was technically denied a visa. That is what “administrative process” is. It is a polite way of saying so. Atiku Abubakar was the same administrative process and many other public private persons.”

On whether the trip has been cancelled, our source said Governor Tambuwal will now lead the delegation in place of Fayemi. He added that the delegation will depart Nigeria tomorrow.

“Governor Aminu Tambuwal will now lead the delegation to the US. They leave tomorrow to Seattle, Washington State to meet with Bill Gates.

“Aliko Dangote and Bill Gates have committed so much money to Health Care especially Polio Eradication in Nigeria. Bill Gates Foundation alone has spent over $1billion on it,” he said.

The statement by the NGF had claimed that Fayemi was not denied a Visa but “retrieved his passport because of a crucial speaking engagement at the AfDB Africa Investment Forum in South Africa on Monday, 11th November 2019.”

The statement further read in part: “The Nigeria Governors’ Forum wishes to correct the mischievous report of 247Ureport on the United States’ visa application of its Chairman and Governor of Ekiti State, Dr John Kayode Fayemi.

“The Governor’s visa application was not denied.

“Anyone conversant with US Visa application procedure knows that applicants are now routinely taken through administrative processing before visas are issued.

“When the American Embassy indicated that the visa may not be ready by Friday, 8th November, Dr Fayemi retrieved his passport because of a crucial speaking engagement at the AfDB Africa Investment Forum in South Africa on Monday, 11th November 2019.”
https://www.independent.ng/tambuwal-to-lead-govs-delegation-to-us-as-fayemi-technically-denied-visa/

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Monogamy: 6:12am On Nov 10, 2019
I still dont understand why some people, media are just hell bent in destroying this country with the propaganda and false news

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by ogbuefi677(m): 6:39am On Nov 10, 2019
Monogamy:
I still dont understand why some people, media are just hell bent in destroying this country with the propaganda and false news
ok.
but you gree say administrative process done enter ba?

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Yioshio: 6:40am On Nov 10, 2019
Let us see what will come out of this
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by truthfulparrot(m): 6:41am On Nov 10, 2019
At least country like Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran will not deny Fayemi visa.
Must he go to USA.?
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 6:46am On Nov 10, 2019
Fake News..

Next..

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Monogamy: 6:47am On Nov 10, 2019
ogbuefi677:

ok.
but you gree say administrative process done enter ba?

In a lay man language?
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by hisexcellency34: 6:47am On Nov 10, 2019
Use your thinking cap. What do you expect NGF to say before?

Monogamy:

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Monogamy: 6:49am On Nov 10, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Use your thinking cap. What do you expect NGF to say before?

I been want to ask you.. What exactly do you stands for?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 10, 2019
If Atiku was a criminal for not being able to secure a US visa, can we also say Fayemi is a criminal aswell?....

Or do we just become hypocrites?

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2019
A credible source informed DAILY INDEPENDENT that Fayemi was among some prominent Nigerians placed on visa ban by the United States government over their roles in electoral violence and other issues.

What election violence Fayemi was involved in especially in Ekiti?

People no dey weigh their lies on a scale before insulting their own intelligence..

The best way to lie and propagate fake news these days is to just credit your lies to invisible and faceless credible source..

Mad people.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2019
The NGF is funny.

It's just like saying, "Mr Fayemi couldn't have had accident along Lagos-Ibadan expressway because he traveled that road last month".

That Fayemi was in the US few days back doesn't mean he can't be banned today.

Maybe the US was still processing the facts of his ban, and now they've concluded it.

Let him chop the ban like a Nairalander joor.

But I've said it before that this Fayemi will be looking innocent in the face but terrible in deeds.

I think I won't doubt he is part of sinister plan in Kogi elections.

Smooth criminal like him.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 10, 2019
plaindealer:

People no dey weigh their lies on a scale before insulting their own intelligence..

The best way to lie and propagate fake news these days is to just credit your lies to invisible and faceless credible source..

Mad people.. grin grin

Elections doesn't have to violent for US to ban u.

Vote-trading is also another form of electoral malpractice recognised as an electoral fraud by the US and is punishable.

There may not have been open-scale violence in Ekiti, but Fayemi bought Ekiti governorship.

Swallow that truth.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by hisexcellency34: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2019
Stands for

Monogamy:

I been want to ask you.. What exactly do you stands for?
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:12am On Nov 10, 2019
Awol1:

Vote-trading is also another form of electoral malpractice recognised as an electoral fraud by the US and is punishable.

There may not have been open-scale violence in Ekiti, but Fayemi bought Ekiti governorship.

Swallow that truth.

So, what kind of electoral issues transpired in Ekiti that Fayemi was involved in?
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2019
grin grin grin

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Paperwhite(m): 7:14am On Nov 10, 2019
Ghen ghen! The US visit ban seems real.
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Monogamy: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Stands for

Like politically?
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2019
Governor Fayemi in America 2 months ago at UNGA in America..

When is the FG going to start jailing or sending these fake news people to life imprisonment?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2019
Awol1:
The NGF is funny.

It's just like saying, "Mr Fayemi couldn't have had accident along Lagos-Ibadan expressway because he traveled that road last month".

That Fayemi was in the US few days back doesn't mean he can't be banned today.

Maybe the US was still processing the facts of his ban, and now they've concluded it.

Let him chop the ban like a Nairalander joor.

But I've said it before that this Fayemi will be looking innocent in the face but terrible in deeds.

I think I won't doubt he is part of sinister plan in Kogi elections.

Smooth criminal like him.

See this one somersaulting and making an illogical excuse just to defend fake news..

Hatred is indeed a disease..

grin grin
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Ndibunna: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2019
Lol
Serves him right
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 10, 2019
Why did he start preparing for the trip only not to have patience until Friday abi he was planning to come back before the Friday to attend the South Africa summit?
Deceive me once, I blame myself but try to deceive me again, you will expose your foolishness.
Oga Fayemi abeg chop your nairaland sorry visa ban. grin
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:27am On Nov 10, 2019
Awol1:

Swallow that truth.

I asked you to list or show us any documented election issues in Ekiti that Fayemi was involved in.

No need for story, na simple question.
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:29am On Nov 10, 2019
J111333:
Why did he start preparing for the trip only not to have patience until Friday abi he was planning to come back before the Friday to attend the South Africa summit?
Deceive me once, I blame myself but try to deceive me again, you will expose your foolishness.
Oga Fayemi abeg chop your nairaland sorry visa ban. grin

How hard is it to change plans to attend other engagements because of visa delays?

Fake news no dey gree people think.. grin grin
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 10, 2019
plaindealer:

I asked you to list or show us any documented election issues in Ekiti that Fayemi was involved in.

No need for story, na simple question.

You definitely didn't see "vote-trading" in my comment.

You are so used to the wrong way of things that vote-buying doesn't come to you as a bad thing.

Stop ranting, just go and give Fayemi US visa.

Or quote me the next time he enters the US.

I don't know why you guys always choose to live in denial.

That's how you lots denied the sack of Osinbajo aides until the presidency confirmed it.

Swallow the bitter truth, my dear
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 10, 2019
plaindealer:

How hard is it to change plans to attend other engagements because of visa delays?

Fake news no dey gree people think.. grin grin
Defender of the Federal Republic, defending unwilling and underpaying clients.
Heavens forbid that I defend someone's stupidity for paltry sum of N30k, Heavens forbid. undecided
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:38am On Nov 10, 2019
Awol1:

You definitely didn't see "vote-trading" in my comment.

You are so used to the wrong way of things that vote-buying doesn't come to you as a bad thing.

Stop ranting, just go and give Fayemi US visa.

Or quote me the next time he enters the US.

I don't know why you guys always choose to live in denial.

That's how you lots denied the sack of Osinbajo aides until the presidency confirmed it.

Swallow the bitter truth, my dear

See me see wahala o..

I did not ask you for your opinion or assumptions.I asked you to show us any documented election issues in Ekiti during the last election even including your so-called vote trading.

Na by force to swallow fake news ni?
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by hisexcellency34: 7:43am On Nov 10, 2019
I guess this plaindealer guy is Fayemi's Commissioner for Information or spokesman. At ur age can't you read and assimilate? The article says " electoral violence and other issues"

plaindealer:

Mad people.. grin grin
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:49am On Nov 10, 2019
hisexcellency34:
At ur age can't you read and assimilate? The article says " electoral violence and other issues"

What electoral violence and other issues transpired in Ekiti during the last election?
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by hisexcellency34: 7:51am On Nov 10, 2019
Abegi. I dey for church. We go continue after service

plaindealer:

What electoral violence and other issues transpired in Ekiti during the last election?
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:51am On Nov 10, 2019
J111333:
Defender of the Federal Republic, defending unwilling and underpaying clients.
Heavens forbid that I defend someone's stupidity for paltry sum of N30k, Heavens forbid. undecided

But heavens is not forbidding you from defending, supporting and promoting lies and fake news for 1kobo.
Re: Tambuwal To Lead Govs’ Delegation To US As NGF Chair, Is Fayemi Denied Visa by plaindealer: 7:53am On Nov 10, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Abegi. I dey for church. We go continue after service

Wish you happy Sunday and church service.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 :North To Ditch South West? Why Did The North Support S/E Commission / Shehu Sani Reacts As Angry Youths Burn Down Buhari, Masari, Apc’s Billboard / -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.