Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos (4990 Views)

Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos / Army Restores Normalcy On Kaduna-jebba Road After Trucks From North Were Blocked / I Was Surprised When Wike Killed Igbos But North Are Not Fools -Yankassai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by T9ksy(m): 10:31am On Nov 11, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Oh please, just STFU!

Is this the 'one Nigeria' Zik signed up to? Because i know it's Zik you're referring to!

All you do is blame the current shithole status of Nigeria on the perceived mistakes of people that are long dead! Besides cheering on a ruthless bigot and enabling the Fulani hegemony, what are you doing to revert things back to how they used to be?

Oh who should I hold responsible for the current state of the country? Those yet unborn?

Who enabled the fulani hegemony if not your greedy and myopic leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by T9ksy(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2019
Omoodua007:

Shut it
Did Azikwe not notice all of these be for telling Awolowo Nigeria is indivisible and still went on to partner with them

So you call Yoruba slaves
So igbos were killed pre independence but you still partnered with them. If that’s not slavery I don’t know what is

Abi o jare!!!

After the civil war during which we all saw how the same group was almost annihilated, allegedly, by the fulani-run military government yet come the 2nd republic, it was the same perennially persecuted group who willing jumped into bed with their "masters"- the fulani govt of shehu shagari .

Yet they have the temerity to call others, afonja.........

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Area4Area: 11:02am On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

The shout for Biafra was on during Jonathan time, MASSOB was a nightmare for Jonathan. IPOB only took to to the next level

Nothing kept together "by force" ever lasts forever. You guys can have your time now but it will be us who will laugh last

Go and get the Biafra and stop disturbing Nigerians
Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Area4Area: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Zik was so powerful his one decision over powered that of the other 2

Great one
He was actually doing the bidding of the British who didn't want a broken up Nigeria, it would be like a failed project and the Brits wouldn't like that. That was how Zik kept the other leaders in check by threatening them with arrest by the Brits, Awo was even arrested at a point.

Myopic Zik who couldn't see the future, same referendum and secession he refused and the Brits praising him is the same his people are dying for today

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Area4Area: 11:10am On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

The war ended 50 years ago, of what benefit has national unity been to the common man on the streets since then?
Ask Azikiwe and Ironsi that question.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by helinues: 11:16am On Nov 11, 2019
Here is my problems with the lists.

If Hausas' have been riding Easterners for years, is the current generation of Easterners going to let history repeat itself?
Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by gidgiddy: 11:25am On Nov 11, 2019
helinues:

If Hausas' have been riding Easterners for years, is the current generation of Easterners going to let history repeat itself?

The Northerners are riding the entire south. However, the only agitation against Northern domination is that of IPOB who are mostly Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by helinues: 11:28am On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

The Northerners are riding the entire south. However, the only agitation against Northern domination is that of IPOB who are mostly Igbos.

Nobody is disputing the facts that Northerners are riding the whole south entirely, but why are Igbo's too emotional about that when you can make the corrections via ballot?

Let me speak on behalf of SW, at times you need to play as a fool to get what you want..

Karma is f..ucking real even though it has no arms or legs

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Area4Area: 11:36am On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

Story for the gods, better go exhume the corpses of Azikiwe and Ironsi and give both two slaps each for bringing Nigeria to this

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by gidgiddy: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
helinues:

Nobody is disputing the facts that Northerners are riding the whole south entirely, but why are Igbo's too emotional about that when you can make the corrections via ballot?

Let me speak on behalf of SW, at times you need to play as a fool to get what you want..

You still do t get it. Nigeria has been rigged in favour of the North. They have the most number of states, the most number of Local governments, they control the upper and lower houses of the national assembly which means they can make and unmake any law they want.

So what are you going to do with the ballot? Even if the president is from my village, he will still be president of a Nigeria that skewed heavily in favour of the North

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by gidgiddy: 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
Area4Area:
Story for the gods, better go exhume the corpses of Azikiwe and Ironsi and give both two slaps each for bringing Nigeria to this

The person who deserves a slap is Lugard for bringing us together

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by helinues: 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

You still do t get it. Nigeria has been rigged in favour of the North. They have the most number of states, the most number of Local governments, they control the upper and lower houses of the national assembly which means they can make and unmake any law they want.

So what are you going to do with the ballot? Even if the president is from my village, he will still be president of a Nigeria that skewed heavily in favour of the North

As a president, educating and enlightening of their wards would be my first priority. When people know their rights, then the right people might be in power.. Na God save Gandollar , Tambuwal and Elrufai
Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by FakeManna: 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
helinues:

As a president, educating and enlightening of their wards would be my first priority. When people know their rights, then the right people might be in power.. Na God save Gandollar , Tambuwal and Elrufai
[/s]bullcrap
Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by nku5: 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

Jonathan's experience as president taught me my final lesson about Nigeria. He was commander in chief and performed probably better than any other before him but because he was from the wrong side of the country he was under threat from the north and the southwest from day one till the day he left office. He couldn't do anything for his people out of fear despite the fact that his place has been feeding Nigeria for more than 50 years.

Presidency is a waste without restructuring

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by FakeManna: 1:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by gidgiddy: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
nku5:

Jonathan's experience as president taught me my final lesson about Nigeria. He was commander in chief and performed probably better than any other before him but because he was from the wrong side of the country he was under threat from the north and the southwest from day one till the day he left office. He couldn't do anything for his people out of fear despite the fact that his place has been feeding Nigeria for more than 50 years.

Presidency is a waste without restructuring

The years Jonathan was in power, he felt the heat. They came at him from all sides and Nigeria ungovernable for him. Despite the fact that Jonathan did more for the North than his own zone, they could see nothing good in him. All they saw was the zone he was from. That's why I laugh when I see saw of my fellow Igbos talking 2023 presidency, I dont think they realise that an Igbo president will will receive 10 times the heat Jonathan took and be rendered useless

Without a restructured Nigeria, we are heading no where

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by FakeManna: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by IGBOSON1: 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
Omoodua007:

Shut it
Did Azikwe not notice all of these be for telling Awolowo Nigeria is indivisible and still went on to partner with them

So you call Yoruba slaves
So igbos were killed pre independence but you still partnered with them. If that’s not slavery I don’t know what is

I cut Azikiwe some slack b'cos of the circumstances of his birth, childhood and tutelage! If there's any such thing as a 'true Nigerian' then Zik is it....even if this has worked against the interests of his people, Ndigbo!

Zik was born in the north (Zungeru) and had part of his childhood there; attended Hope Wadell training inst', Calabar; and spent a good part of his formative years in Lagos under the tutelage of Herbert Macauley! He was the quintessential Nigerian if ever there was one, hence i can understand (even if i don't agree with) his desire for a 'one Nigeria'!

The Nigeria that Zik subscribed his people to, is it the Nigeria you see today that you say should be 'indivisble' and Ndigbo must remain a part of come hell or high water?

Assuming for the sake of argument, we say with the benefit of hindsight that Zik made a 'mistake', what are YOU doing to correct said mistake....or are you just gonna sit on your arse apportioning blame upon blame to actors who exited the stage close to 50 yrs ago? We can only blame Zik had it been all the political and socio-economic dislocation we're witnessing today was happening under the arrangement he signed up to on the eve of independence in 1960! Is this the case, or are we operating a unitary system of gov't in all but name....one that sees a Fulani hegemony dictating to the rest of the country what can and can't happen?

If you're Fulani, then you should even be grateful for Ziks' 'mistake' as had the situation been any different and you were not in 'one Nigeria' today, you'd in all likelihood be no better than Niger!

If you're Yoruba, then you need to ask yourself what Awo did to rectify this 'mistake' (you heap solely on Ziks' head) when he had an opportunity to remove his people from the 'mere geographical expression' he termed Nigeria to be! He had a window of opportunity when the north had its hands full with the Biafra secession, but what did he do? He only went and served in a gov't that was out to sustain this mistake of Lord Lugard, that's what he did! Some may argue, he should have at least first extracted some concessions from the northerners on how he wanted Nigeria to be governed/structured before agreeing to join them in their quest to sustain 'one Nigeria'!

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by T9ksy(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

No, the one who deserved the hottest slap is Azikwe (and his fellow ibo compatriots) who vehemently fought against the inclusion of a secession clause into our constitution. The fake union would have definitely disintegrated by now with probably no loss of life.

Karma is truly a b.i.t.ch..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Area4Area: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

Lugard was serving the interest of his home country and would want the milking of the colony to continue, Azikiwe and Ironsi had the opportunity to reverse his decision but what did they? They rather reinforced that decision so as I earlier said, exhume their corpses and give them two hot slaps each for the damage they brought on Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Omoodua007: 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
IGBOSON1:

I cut Azikiwe some slack b'cos of the circumstances of his birth, childhood and tutelage! If there's any such thing as a 'true Nigerian' then Zik is it....even if this has worked against the interests of his people, Ndigbo!

Zik was born in the north (Zungeru) and had part of his childhood there; attended Hope Wadell training inst', Calabar; and spent a good part of his formative years in Lagos under the tutelage of Herbert Macauley! He was the quintessential Nigerian if ever there was one, hence i can understand (even if i don't agree with) his desire for a 'one Nigeria'!

The Nigeria that Zik subscribed his people to, is it the Nigeria you see today that you say should be 'indivisble' and Ndigbo must remain a part of come hell or high water?

Assuming for the sake of argument, we say with the benefit of hindsight that Zik made a 'mistake', what are YOU doing to correct said mistake....or are you just gonna sit on your arse apportioning blame upon blame to actors who exited the stage close to 50 yrs ago? We can only blame Zik had it been all the political and socio-economic dislocation we're witnessing today was happening under the arrangement he signed up to on the eve of independence in 1960! Is this the case, or are we operating a unitary system of gov't in all but name....one that sees a Fulani hegemony dictating to the rest of the country what can and can't happen?

If you're Fulani, then you should even be grateful for Ziks' 'mistake' as had the situation been any different and you were not in 'one Nigeria' today, you'd in all likelihood be no better than Niger!

If you're Yoruba, then you need to ask yourself what Awo did to rectify this 'mistake' (you heap solely on Ziks' head) when he had an opportunity to remove his people from the 'mere geographical expression' he termed Nigeria to be! He had a window of opportunity when the north had its hands full with the Biafra secession, but what did he do? He only went and served in a gov't that was out to sustain this mistake of Lord Lugard, that's what he did! Some may argue, he should have at least first extracted some concessions from the northerners on how he wanted Nigeria to be governed/structured before agreeing to join them in their quest to sustain 'one Nigeria'!

See how he’s building mountain of excuses
Even after civil war when you were humiliated
Did you not still partner with North
Na una be original slave

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Omoodua007: 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
T9ksy:

Abi o jare!!!

After the civil war during which we all saw how the same group was almost annihilated, allegedly, by the fulani-run military government yet come the 2nd republic, it was the same perennially persecuted group who willing jumped into bed with their "masters"- the fulani govt of shehu shagari .

Yet they have the temerity to call others, afonja.........

Do you know Hausa still issued exit to them some years ago and they still want to partner with them

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by gidgiddy: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2019
T9ksy:

No, the one who deserved the hottest slap is Azikwe (and his fellow ibo compatriots) who vehemently fought against the inclusion of a secession clause into our constitution. The fake union would have definitely disintegrated by now with probably no loss of life.

Karma is truly a b.i.t.ch..... grin

It is not possible for one man to decide what was included in the constitution or not. How is it possible that Zik determined that secession clause would not be in the constitution when he had only one vote? That is simply not possible. Zik may have been against secession clause, but it is wrong to say it was him that stopped it. The constitutional conference of 1958 was peopled by the representatives of the various ethnic groups and they decided and voted on the constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Yorubasaredogs: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
Omoodua007:
We yorubas are dogs
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Tobichimezie: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
So let me get something straight here, the argument by here is that Zik (A SINGLE MAN) all by himself decided the secession clause and thus the destiny of the whole Nigeria just by himself? wow! Zik must have been some super man who wielded unquestionable power... so the pertinent question now is, if Zik single-handedly abrogated the secession clause at the time...what were the other regional leaders doing, sleeping? what were Yorubas, Hausas and the rest of Nigerians doing while one man decided their political future?... either Zik was too powerful, too smart, or maybe the rest of Nigerians were just moping idiots who allowed one man take them on a long ride.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Front0lane: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
You Igbos are pathetically shameless so Zik signed up for a one Nigeria you clowns can decide when no one can leave and when you can leave whether others like it or not. Bro your reasoning is foolish no be small o.
IGBOSON1:

Oh please, just STFU!

Is this the 'one Nigeria' Zik signed up to? Because i know it's Zik you're referring to!

All you do is blame the current shithole status of Nigeria on the perceived mistakes of people that are long dead! Besides cheering on a ruthless bigot and enabling the Fulani hegemony, what are you doing to revert things back to how they used to be?

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Omoodua007: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
Tobichimezie:
So let me get something straight here, the argument by here is that Zik (A SINGLE MAN) all by himself decided the secession clause and thus the destiny of the whole Nigeria just by himself? wow! Zik must have been some super man who wielded unquestionable power... so the pertinent question now is, if Zik single-handedly abrogated the secession clause at the time...what were the other regional leaders doing, sleeping? what were Yorubas, Hausas and the rest of Nigerians doing while one man decided their political future?... either Zik was too powerful, too smart, or maybe the rest of Nigerians were just moping idiots who allowed one man take them on a long ride.

Yes he was too smart and powerful grin
Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by Tobichimezie: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
Omoodua007:

Yes he was too smart and powerful grin
Makes sense now, cause that could only be the rationale for the argument and claims.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by IGBOSON1: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
Front0lane:
You Igbos are pathetically shameless so Zik signed up for a one Nigeria you clowns can decide when no one can leave and when you can leave whether others like it or not. Bro your reasoning is foolish no be small o.

On the contrary....the eternally shameless ones are you and your ilk that see white and call it black!

As per this your daft post....you’re waffling mate!

Assuming for the sake of argument, we agree with you assertion that Zik has the overbearing power to insert a no referendum clause in the constitution, despite the protestations of the other two regions whose combined votes would cancel out that of the Eastern Region....if we go along with this lame argument, are you saying the constitution they all finally agreed upon was all about ‘secession clause’ or ‘no secession clause’? You mean your not aware of the federalist nature of the constitution which has been jettisoned today?

Your problem is that you cherry-pick little sections of the argument that suit your ‘blame Zik at all costs for all our woes’ narrative while ignoring the entire picture that you know would tell a different story!

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Pre Independence List Of Crises In D North Were Dey Killed Igbos by gidgiddy: 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
Tobichimezie:

It's one of the many lies of Lagos/Ibadan expressway media. It is not possible for one man alone to decide what enters a constitution in a democracy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Records N13.43bn In Trading Surplus (dailytrust) / Olisa Metu In Court In Full Dead Body Arrangement Again / Another Gunfire In American High School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.