Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) (11786 Views)

Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View / Analysis - Buhari Win Means Nigeria, Not Chad, To Lead Boko Haram Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by rekeson: 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2010
Am not an igbo man, but am a realist. I mean 40yrs ago Ndigbos wanted to cut out of the failed state called NIGERIA to form their own Republic(BIAFRA), but the then Nigerian leaders said no. Even to dis very day Every igbo man still dreams of their promise land BIAFRA.My question is why is Nigeria scared of loosing the Igbo race?
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by Bialegend(m): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2010
@ OP, imagine. Most here in this forum and in nigeria at large will support the quest of the Arewas to leave and form their own country. I have read some here saying that they will even support and help them pack their belongings into their new Arewa country. But once anything about Igbos and Biafra is mentioned in line of leaving the hell hole called nigeria, you will see all those same hypocrits uniting and will be up in arms with threats on how to crush any such move. As per your question, please ask them again. Why is nigeria and nigerians scared of losing the Igbo race.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2010
Bialegend:

@ OP, imagine. Most here in this forum and in nigeria at large will support the quest of the Arewas to leave and form their own country.  I have read some here saying that they will even support and help them pack their belongings into their new Arewa country. But once anything about Igbos and Biafra is mentioned in line of leaving the hell hole called nigeria, you will see all those same hypocrits uniting and will be up in arms with threats on how  to crush any such move. As per your question, please ask them again. Why is nigeria and nigerians scared of losing the Igbo race.

There's only one particular tribal group that does that, i ain't goin say no names grin. The same people will say who a particular guy wanted to conquer them and that was wrong but these same bone heads turn around say stuff in a matter that suggest they are conquers of the East and they won't let them go.Quite a hypocrisy. It the case of the "If you let them leave, then we should be let to leave" kind of thing. Kind of like a competition thing.One gets mad at the other because the other is more industious and about action. The one's getting mad, inside they know the are angry because they don't have the guts to do the same.That's all. However, i must say they all don't think like that just the majority.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by rekeson: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2010
I have heard stories and also read stories of how a Biafra Republic attempt sparked up a civil war. What exactly is the reason for not letting the Igbos go their way? What is the secrete behind this No by Nigeria to Biafra Rep.? I hav asked questions but no one seems to hav feasible answers.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by rekeson: 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2010
If the Hausas or Yorubas wish to cut off 4rm Nigeria, will anyone wish to or be able to stop them?
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by DapoBear(m): 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2010
I don't think anyone will be too upset if it is just the 5 SE states alone which go to form Biafra. Problem is, most Biafrans want to carry the SS with them.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by rekeson: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2010
After studying the trend in Nigeria, i hav come 2 a sad conlusion that the rest of Nigerians have been slaves in disguise to those cattle rearers (northernans). I know if any of the oil producing regions make any attempt to cut-off, it will result in a world war4.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2010
rekeson:

I have heard stories and also read stories of how a Biafra Republic attempt sparked up a civil war. What exactly is the reason for not letting the Igbos go their way? What is the secrete behind this No by Nigeria to Biafra Rep.? I hav asked questions but no one seems to hav feasible answers.

Now you see how this yoruba fool Dapo has come to lie to you because he thinks you know nothing about nigeria. I'm Igbo and from the SS, and we Igbos in the SS want to leave as well. Igbo land is not restricted to 5 states, its way beyond that and this parasite knows that. Now I hope you are see it. Also the The Igbos from the SS want to leave also and create a Niger Delta Republic, that's why theres been a lot of hostility and militancy going on down there. He talks about most Biafrans want to carry south-south, so does that mean the non-igbo south-south people don't have a say so or there own mind? rekeson, i hope you are seeing it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by DapoBear(m): 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2010
Eh, insults aren't necessary to convey your perspective or disagreement with someone else.

I've stated my perspective, you seem to disagree with part or all of it. Let's just leave it at that w/o the name-calling.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by rekeson: 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2010
I know what my state (DELTA) contributes to the GDP of this nation, but what have we to show 4 it, millitancy and freedom fighting. While dose muturu cows(north) clinch to power at every opportunity and loot the treasury.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

Eh, insults aren't necessary to convey your perspective or disagreement with someone else.

I've stated my perspective, you seem to disagree with part or all of it. Let's just leave it at that w/o the name-calling.

Well your perspective is filled with deceit and smells of ignorance.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by abadaba(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

I don't think anyone will be too upset if it is just the 5 SE states alone which go to form Biafra. Problem is, most Biafrans want to carry the SS with them.
What a brainless post above. Do we not have Ndigbo outside the south east. I am an Igbo but not from the south east, so by your crap, I should not join my kins in the South east.
Anywayz, Ndigbo are in Nigeria, let others push to leave Nigeria and live Ndigbo alone.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by DapoBear(m): 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2010
What deception is there? Would the Biafrans not strongly prefer if Rivers state joins them? Answer honestly.

At the same time, would the remainder of Nigeria strongly prefer not to lose Rivers state?

I don't see how this is even controversial.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2010
rekeson:

I know what my state (DELTA) contributes to the GDP of this nation, but what have we to show 4 it, millitancy and freedom fighting. While dose muturu cows(north) clinch to power at every opportunity and loot the treasury.

The militancy and freedom fighting will soon pay off we SS and SE have always fought for freedom. We are even the once who brought indepence for nigeria. They fight will soon pay off. There are those who are going further than militancy and are incorporating litigation such as Asari Dokubo's NDPVF and Ralph Uwazuruike's MASSOB.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

What deception is there? Would the Biafrans not strongly prefer if Rivers state joins them? Answer honestly.

At the same time, would the remainder of Nigeria strongly prefer not to lose Rivers state?

I swear yorubas should stay out of SS and SE business. What is your definition of a biafran and what tribes make up Biafra?

Your second sentence even contradicts what you've been arguing about the whole time. Wouldn't nigeria stongly prefer not to loose any states? Isn't that why we are discussing this topic in the first place? You parasitic mentality is starting to rear its head, im glad the OP is seeing this.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by abadaba(m): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

Once again, I wish to send this message to your brain for the last time. We Ndigbo are not only found in the south east.  I come from Ogbuagu's family in Ahoada, do you think I will join your part of the world if Nigeria breaks up?.
Once again, stop insulting us who are Igbo but not from the South east.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by DapoBear(m): 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2010
chyz:

I swear yorubas should stay out of SS and SE business.
What does this post even have to do with Yoruba? OP asked a question about "why", and I offered one explanation. How does offering this explanation constitute meddling in SS and SE business?

What is your definition of a biafran and what tribes make up Biafra?
I used Biafra as shorthand for the 5 states of the SE region. Let me not use that term against lest it cause confusion, I'll just say SE.

Your second sentence even contradicts what you've been arguing about the whole time. Wouldn't nigeria stongly prefer not to loose any states?
Of course, it is obvious that Nigeria (the federal gov't itself, that is) would prefer not to lose ANY territory. But some territory is more valuable and essential than others.

Isn't that why we are discussing this topic in the first place? You parasitic mentality is starting to rear its head, im glad the OP is seeing this.
Lol, my parasitic mentality? So if I explain why X happens in a country, I'm also an advocate of X, and want X to continue happening? You can reason a bit better than that, I hope.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

What does this post even have to do with Yoruba? OP asked a question about "why", and I offered one explanation. How does offering this explanation constitute meddling in SS and SE business?

Your comments about Biafra, Rivers, and SE definitely shows you are ignorant to the diversity and history of the two regions. Most yoruba's i know and have met are like that although I blame nigeria for that for the most part.

I used Biafra as shorthand for the 5 states of the SE region. Let me not use that term against lest it cause confusion, I'll just say SE.

Yea try not to do that next time.Try a little research i find out what tribes biafra consisted of and area. Also, if you want to refer to igbo try not to single it the the 5 states ok?

Of course, it is obvious that Nigeria (the federal gov't itself, that is) would prefer not to lose ANY territory. But some territory is more valuable and essential than others.

Now look deep into what you just wrote preferably the second sentence and see why i said you have a parasitic mentality. Look Deep.

Lol, my parasitic mentality? So if I explain why X happens in a country, I'm also an advocate of X, and want X to continue happening? You can reason a bit better than that, I hope.

Reread what you have written so far then ask yourself again why i called u parasitic, at least that's what your comments imply, i.e. "WE ARE NOT LETTING RIVERS GO BECAUSE WE NEED TO FEED OUR BELE!". You were not explain that initially go back and read. I guess you can't see why non-SE Igbos are offended by your comments.smh.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by aljharem(m): 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2010
@ topic

we would like biafra to go as a northerner

there wahala is too much self

just go with ur 5 states

but remember u would be landlock
abadaba:

Once again, I wish to send this message to your brain for the last time. We Ndigbo are not only found in the south east.  I come from Ogbuagu's family in Ahoada, do you think I will join your part of the world if Nigeria breaks up?.
Once again, stop insulting us who are Igbo but not from the South east.

this is most silly statement ever

igbos are found in abuja, kano, plateau, rivers,baylsea and lagos

are those states biafra too
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by DapoBear(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2010
chyz:

Your comments about Biafra, Rivers, and SE definitely shows you are ignorant to the diversity and history of the two regions. Most yoruba's i know and have met are like that although I blame nigeria for that for the most part.

Yea try not to do that next time.Try a little research i find out what tribes biafra consisted of and area. Also, if you want to refer to igbo try not to single it the the 5 states ok?
My initial comment wasn't really about ethnicity, tribes, etc, though. Just about which regions the Nigerian gov't (and likely common people in Nigeria outside of those regions) would prefer to keep, and relative valuations of them. I'm not placing any moral judgement, agreeing or disagreeing, just stating my understanding of their positions.

Now look deep into what you just wrote preferably the second sentence and see why i said you have a parasitic mentality. Look Deep.

Reread what you have written so far then ask yourself again why i called u parasitic, at least that's what your comments imply, i.e. "WE ARE NOT LETTING RIVERS GO BECAUSE WE NEED TO FEED OUR BELE!". You were not explain that initially go back and read. I guess you can't see why non-SE Igbos are offended by your comments.smh.
It was an explanation, not agreement. I can understand how some might think this just greed. But you and I have actually discussed this several times before, so you should already know my personal position on the matter. . .

Just in case it isn't clear, my own position is probably very different from your average guy outside of the SS or SE. But that is not what the OP was asking, was it? He didn't ask for DapoBear's opinion, but more the opinion of those outside of the SS and SE regions. That is what I tried to convey.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by abadaba(m): 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2010
alj harem:

@ topic

we would like biafra to go as a northerner

there wahala is too much self

just go with your 5 states

but remember u would be landlock
this is most silly statement ever

igbos are found in abuja, kano, plateau, rivers,baylsea and lagos

are those states biafra too
Monkey, it is not about Ndigbo in Abuja, Lagos or Kano, but it is about Ndigbo in their natural habitat. At first I thought for once, you were a literate northerner not knowing you are one of those monkeys that escaped from Yankari game reserves. Idiott.
I am a proud Igbo and not from the south East but from the south south. So go and lick your mother's ccunt.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by jason12345: 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2010
@ topic

[size=15pt]i personally want biafra go! but they must not take the niger-delta. so, goodluck biafra.[/size]
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by aljharem(m): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

Monkey, it is not about Ndigbo in Abuja, Lagos or Kano, but it is about Ndigbo in their natural habitat. At first I thought for once, you were a literate northerner not knowing you are one of those monkeys that escaped from Yankari game reserves. Idiott.
I am a proud Igbo and not from the south East but from the south south. So go and lick your mother's ccunt.

well,if it is "natural habitat" then igbos natural habitat is were there is money grin grin

but in terms of location, there are 5 igbo states in nigeria

i am not sure of cameroun or other countries

ebonyi state

enugu state

imo state

anambra state

and lastly the most important one Abia state

may be akwa ibom but people there do not like to be called igbo so that is ruled out

as far as northerners are concerned those are igbo states

Me ya sa inyumurai zagi (why do igbos insult )
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2010
jason12345:

@ topic

[size=15pt]i personally want biafra go! but they must not take the niger-delta. so, goodluck biafra.[/size]

We'll leave with all biafran territory.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by DapoBear(m): 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2010
Chyz, do you not at least owe some sort of apology, lol? Like, you know my position on the matter, mis-characterized it and then moreover insulted me. Seems like a pretty d1ck move, dude.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by abadaba(m): 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2010
alj harem:

well,if it is "natural habitat" then igbos natural habitat is were there is money grin grin

but in terms of location, there are 5 igbo states in nigeria

i am not sure of cameroun or other countries

ebonyi state

enugu state

imo state

anambra state

and lastly the most important one Abia state

may be akwa ibom but people there do not like to be called igbo so that is ruled out

as far as northerners are concerned those are igbo states

Me ya sa inyumurai zagi (why do igbos insult )

You are the one insulting us Igbo outside the south east. I an from Ahoada town in Rivers state, Am a proud Igbo and Ndigbo from those states are not more Igbo than me. Stating that am a non-Igbo is an insult to me, so stop the crap, you cow-shitt eater.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

Chyz, do you not at least owe some sort of apology, lol? Like, you know my position on the matter, mis-characterized it and then moreover insulted me. Seems like a pretty d1ck move, dude.

So be it.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by Omenani(m): 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2010
The Biafra Question, is always a topic where you get to see the best and the worse of people.

Concerning this topic, I would like to say "live and let live."
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by DapoBear(m): 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2010
Heh, alright. Hopefully you won't complain if that occurs to you.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2010
Omenani:

The Biafra Question, is always a topic where you get to see the best and the worse of people.

Concerning this topic, I would like to say "live and let live."

"Biri kam Biri" is something that they will never understand.Anything that concerns the Igbo they have to stick their Yoruba imi into it.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

Heh, alright. Hopefully you won't complain if that occurs to you.

No prob
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by aljharem(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

You are the one insulting us Igbo outside the south east. I an from Ahoada town in Rivers state, Am a proud Igbo and Ndigbo from those states are not more Igbo than me. Stating that am a non-Igbo is an insult to me, so stop the crap, you cow-shitt eater.
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

why na angry angry angry why shit eater shocked shocked shocked

ok may be part of rivers and akwa ibom

c'mon that's it grin grin

unless u are a thieve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers / “You Speak Like Your Party” – Lagos Blasts Sambo On Allegation Of Heavy Taxation / Buhari To Meet Donald Trump On April 29th, 2018, After His Medical Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.