Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

“...very Manipulative Idiot!” She Said. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “...very Manipulative Idiot!” She Said. (310 Views)

Help! I Am In A Relationship With A Big Manipulative Woman / How Do I Save My Friend From The Claws Of A Manipulative Woman? / 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“...very Manipulative Idiot!” She Said. by Derajoyce(f): 10:01am On Nov 11, 2019
Her: I was stupid.
Me: Growth curve...
Her: (holds back tears. Shaking voice) he made me feel small and I was still stupid enough... (pauses) I sent him money... (scratches her hair ferociously.) Who sends money to someone who’s better off?
Me: you’re not stupid. You’re on a growth curve. You’d have done it with another person...
(She cuts in again)
Her: he disrespected me and had complete disregard for my wishes...
(Bites her lower lip, releases it slowly. Now squinching, a tear drops from her left eye.) I miss him.
Me: (silence. Moves closer, slips left hand beneath her right hands and squeezes slowly.)
Her: I’m so stupid.
(Struggles to hold back the oceans begging to flood.)
I just want to forget all of it. I can’t work. (Pauses) Can’t think clearly.
Me: (flashback to a similar demise. Suddenly, relives bits of the emotional turmoil; stomach muscle tightens, chest sinks, mouth dries and throat grows a bitter-sourish taste.)
I know how you feel. And, you’re not stupid. (Pauses)
You showed love in the way you understood it to mean. It’s a growth curve; painful yet helpful... (pauses)
You need time for yourself, to ask the hard questions. Maybe not immediately but soon.
(She looks away)
Her: does it stop?
Me: the pain?
(She nods)
Me: yeah (looks away) after a while. Something else replaces.
Her: what?
Me: the lesson.
We both laugh. It’s her first laugh.
Me: sounds cheesy but when you learn the lesson, everything else becomes tasteless. (Smiles)
Her: he said I was insecure. (Clenches jaw. Pulls her arm.)
Very manipulative idiot... (buries face in both hands) you know the worst part?
Me: what?
Her: he’s probably sleeping right now and I’m here, falling apart.
Me: give me your phone.
She’s startled.
Her: why?
Me: just hand it over. (Shoves open palm beneath her gaze. She bulges.) what name did you use to save his number?
Her: oh no, (tries to fight back.)
Me: do you want to get better.
Resolved by regret, spills name.
Me: (deletes all message trails, call logs, completely wipes out name off phone. Clearly all pictures.) just wanna make sure you don’t text your heart out this night.
We both laugh again.

2 Likes

Re: “...very Manipulative Idiot!” She Said. by sagaxity(m): 10:18am On Nov 11, 2019
It really pains seeing the one you love,walk away..

Seeing the one on whose arms you felt comfort, now making life a living hell...

More strenght for all those who has suffered breakups and those waiting to suffer.. its the GROWTH CURVE.....

Happy Monday

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kindness - Two Incidences That Changed My Life / Looking For For A Soul Mate / I'm Really In Need Of Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.