Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers (43409 Views)

Cultist Kills Taxify Driver, Dumps His Body In Edo River / Passenger Sexually Harasses Taxify Driver In Lagos / Robbers Kill Taxify Driver, His Car Sold For N350,000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Angelfrost(m): 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
Just legalize guns already... Let's level the playing field, since security has gone to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Edusouls(m): 5:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
optimus106:
Trigger happy robbers, they shot you while you corporate...
animal like you think everything is a joke, I curse you a calamity would come your way, you would be in pains and other would be making fun of you in nairaland.. I don’t know who gave birth to you terrible breed of humans of this end time generation.spits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Edusouls(m): 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
Sorry brother God will see you through, your eyes would heal at least you regain ur site, it’s a wicked world we live in and Lagos is a death trap..
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
lipsrsealed scared....i want to venture into this business next year ....now am having doubts....chaee!...can someone please encourage me....see why our economy may not grow well embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

Laptop for sale grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5491361/laptop-sale
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Arysexy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2019
Robbers!

Na so one of them came to my bedroom window last night in Benin. Peeping and was planning to snatch my phone through the window.( Curtain was shifted to allow for air, you know the heat nowadays)

I saw him and did as if I no see am, next thing I did was jump and shouted "who is thaaat" na so the fool throway the long stick he was going to use to tear the net and took off.

I'm now more alert as I know he will repeat the visit. Fully loaded pistol is now on my bed waiting for the Fool

3 Likes

Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by primetravel(m): 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
nikkybrownme:
A graduate of Physics from the Kogi State University, Tomi Waziri, 27, has lost his eyesight to an armed robbery attack while in traffic in the Apongbon area of Lagos.

According to Punch, Waziri, who was waiting for his call up letter from the National Youth Service Corps for the mandatory one year service, was said to have approached his sister’s husband to engage him as a Taxify ride hailing service driver until he would be mobilised for the scheme.

It was learnt that on September 12, two armed robbers attacked him while in traffic and shot him in the face.

Waziri was said to be conveying a female passenger to the Papa Ajao area of Mushin around 8.00 p.m., when the robbers attacked him.

They were said to have left immediately they shot him.

The victim narrated his experience, “I live at No. 35 Daudu Street, Mafoluku, Oshodi. I was robbed in traffic on the Apongbon Bridge, Lagos, on September 12, 2019, by two young men around 8pm. I was a Taxify (now Bolt) driver and I had a female passenger in the car. We were going to Papa Ajao, Mushin.

“One of the robbers pointed a gun at me; I was about giving him my phone, when he shot me in the face and collected the phone. The pellets shattered the window and hit me in my two eyes.

“The robbers ran away immediately I was shot. My passenger became scared and panicky. The next thing I noticed was that she disembarked from the vehicle and began calling for help as she was running away.

“I was bleeding profusely without help. I came down from the vehicle and shouted for help; nobody answered. After about five minutes, two policemen showed up.

“They were the ones who took me to the Military Hospital, Yaba, in my vehicle. One of the policemen drove us to the hospital. While driving, the other was busy holding me and saying kind words to me so that I wouldn’t give up.

“When we got there, I was given first aid to stabilise my condition.

“I lost vision immediately I was shot. After treatment, it is still the same, we are only hoping for God’s intervention. The vehicle belongs to my sister’s husband. I used to remit money to him pending when I would get the NYSC call-up letter.”

According to him, his brother-in-law has been supportive, and is always around for him.

Waziri noted that the doctors at the Eye Foundation, Isaac John Street, Ikeja GRA, told him that if he had been treated earlier, he would have regained sight in his right eye.

He added, “I went for surgery at the Eye Foundation. Before then, I was being treated at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, and I was about to do the surgery at LASUTH, but there were delays there.

“It was through God’s help that we were able to do it at the Eye Foundation. And when we got there, we were told that if we had come for the surgery earlier, I would have been seeing with at least my right eye. LASUTH was just negligent and wasting time.

“What the doctors are saying now is that we can only hope for the best; what I know is that there is no vision now.”

Waziri noted that his nose was treated at LASUTH, adding that there were still pellets in his face and two teeth, as there were pellets logged in the gum.

He said the doctors told him that if he wanted to get permanent treatment for his damaged teeth, he would have to pay N350,000 for each.

Concerning the pellets in his face, he said the doctors advised him that any attempt to remove them would result in more damage, adding that his body would expel them naturally.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/taxify-driver-awaiting-youth-service-loses-sight-to-robbers/amp/

Lord have mercy on your servant
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Donbabaj: 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
All this small small boys that are taking weed and threating people with guns. Imagine just because of ordinary phone. What if he had shot the guy in the wrong place and he died. Person wey dey still try hustle to make ends meet. It is well o. That was how one armed robber in a one chance commercial yellow bus accidentally shot one of my friends sister coming from school on the head. For me, I think it's still lack of adequate security otherwise those boys wouldn't have been scared to hang around the territory in the first instance.

I pray for the victim that God will raise your helper and you shall receive your sight in Jesus name.
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Rozaytee: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
Am not surprised most robbers still shoot victims after collecting their valuables...evil and wicked people ...thats how they use cutlass to smash my friends head while she was even begging Dem to collect her bag...jungle justice is still d best for robbers aswear lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Lufthansa: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
Allahuma Amin!

And if a robber gets served when caught in the act, people go dey shout jungle justice is bad. Those guys are heartless!

decatalyst:
Jesus Christ!

This hurts!

May the perpetrators never know peace!
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Tawaibro: 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
pocohantas:
Oh, this is so sad!

Such a young man. Going about his business legally. Why are people so wicked? You want to steal, do that and go away. Why harm your already helpless and distressed victims?
may the lord protect us nawa
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by realstars: 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
Larryfest:
If dem catch and burn those useless guys now some people will be shouting jungle Justice but see how foolish and wicked they behaved now, collect phone and run go why shoot the guy again ehnn
In this case, jungle things is the best option, may God guide and protect us itinually.
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Neddstark: 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
If they are killing aremed robbers and you beg for mercy, you are an idiot. A big one
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Arysexy(m): 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
Juicyjuice:
Ur father.

I don hear and read your scamming plan.

Strong arm of the law will be on you SOON!

Mark my word.

1 Like

Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by teepain: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
nikkybrownme:
A graduate of Physics from the Kogi State University, Tomi Waziri, 27, has lost his eyesight to an armed robbery attack while in traffic in the Apongbon area of Lagos.

According to Punch, Waziri, who was waiting for his call up letter from the National Youth Service Corps for the mandatory one year service, was said to have approached his sister’s husband to engage him as a Taxify ride hailing service driver until he would be mobilised for the scheme.

It was learnt that on September 12, two armed robbers attacked him while in traffic and shot him in the face.

Waziri was said to be conveying a female passenger to the Papa Ajao area of Mushin around 8.00 p.m., when the robbers attacked him.

They were said to have left immediately they shot him.

The victim narrated his experience, “I live at No. 35 Daudu Street, Mafoluku, Oshodi. I was robbed in traffic on the Apongbon Bridge, Lagos, on September 12, 2019, by two young men around 8pm. I was a Taxify (now Bolt) driver and I had a female passenger in the car. We were going to Papa Ajao, Mushin.

“One of the robbers pointed a gun at me; I was about giving him my phone, when he shot me in the face and collected the phone. The pellets shattered the window and hit me in my two eyes.

“The robbers ran away immediately I was shot. My passenger became scared and panicky. The next thing I noticed was that she disembarked from the vehicle and began calling for help as she was running away.

“I was bleeding profusely without help. I came down from the vehicle and shouted for help; nobody answered. After about five minutes, two policemen showed up.

“They were the ones who took me to the Military Hospital, Yaba, in my vehicle. One of the policemen drove us to the hospital. While driving, the other was busy holding me and saying kind words to me so that I wouldn’t give up.

“When we got there, I was given first aid to stabilise my condition.

“I lost vision immediately I was shot. After treatment, it is still the same, we are only hoping for God’s intervention. The vehicle belongs to my sister’s husband. I used to remit money to him pending when I would get the NYSC call-up letter.”

According to him, his brother-in-law has been supportive, and is always around for him.

Waziri noted that the doctors at the Eye Foundation, Isaac John Street, Ikeja GRA, told him that if he had been treated earlier, he would have regained sight in his right eye.

He added, “I went for surgery at the Eye Foundation. Before then, I was being treated at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, and I was about to do the surgery at LASUTH, but there were delays there.

“It was through God’s help that we were able to do it at the Eye Foundation. And when we got there, we were told that if we had come for the surgery earlier, I would have been seeing with at least my right eye. LASUTH was just negligent and wasting time.

“What the doctors are saying now is that we can only hope for the best; what I know is that there is no vision now.”

Waziri noted that his nose was treated at LASUTH, adding that there were still pellets in his face and two teeth, as there were pellets logged in the gum.

He said the doctors told him that if he wanted to get permanent treatment for his damaged teeth, he would have to pay N350,000 for each.

Concerning the pellets in his face, he said the doctors advised him that any attempt to remove them would result in more damage, adding that his body would expel them naturally.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/taxify-driver-awaiting-youth-service-loses-sight-to-robbers/amp/

The Nigerian masses are the enemies of their fellow masses.

A struggling young man waiting for NYSC call up who chose to live responsibly by engaging in legitimate hustle and some idiotic elements felt the appropriate thing to do was to rob him at gun point to the extent of shooting him after he had released his phone to them. I do not worry about the leaders anymore but the followers who will always harm their fellows. No sense of comradeship among the masses!

1 Like

Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by BigBashiru: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
theButterfly:
Wickedness. It's bad enough to rob the poor guy but to further shoot him in the face? The perpetrators of these crime deserve the most torturous deaths ever!!!

How many times do female robbers shoot victims?? Masculinity is toxic and men are inferior to women.

The funniest part is that the proceeds of this crime will be spent on women. Men sha.
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by VicM6: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
b4 i use to get angry with jungle justice but now i cn see y people burn those bastard alive.... the same bible said 'dont suffer a witch to live' that's the same way it would av been too.... dont suffer a thief to live... this thieves has no remorse at all..so b4 dey kill u, kill them.
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by RUDEBOYY(m): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
This is so painful..I pray he gets divine healing .
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by aspiring44: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
wonuks:
It's really sad. I wish these robbers understood the rules of engagement. You don't need to pull the trigger just to steal a phone. You dont need to kill anyone to instill fear in them....lessons from hollywood. Sorry bro. Nemesis will catch up with them.

No advance payments required! We're Nigeria's Best Web Designers/Developers. Kleeek H-E-R-E- for past projects

Nemesis . they cannot run away from.

God will never run after anybody, conscience will
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Agbalanze(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2019
I know this might not be the case scenario, but let me drop it.
If you find yourself in such distress and the armedrobbers are demanding for something in your pocket, under your car sit or anywhere not so visible, pls try to tell them before reaching out to the item. Most time they think you are trying to retaliate or pull out a defence object and instantly, he might pull the trigger.

May God protect us all!

2 Likes

Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by DTeekay(m): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
My brother, there is no distance in the realm of the spirit, i pray for full recovery of your eye sight in Jesus name. Amen.

Go and testify to the goodness of God.
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by meccuno: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
jungle justice.......................... embarassed
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Champagnegold: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
a coward thief
all this sagging boys looming aimlessly inthe street forming music wit empty skull r responsible...

Reasonable thieves don't hurt cooperate let alone shot.
Could be assisination attack but failed one.
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Vikynas: 6:07pm On Nov 11, 2019
Why was he attacked?
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Mariangeles(f): 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
So sad, so sad, so sad! embarassed
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by COURVOISier(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mehn, this made me feel sad. Why kill a brother for what you can hustle to get? Why cry
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by petitejolie(f): 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
This people won’t rob and kill these yahoo boys o like dem,it’s those hustling legitimately Dey kill dier small dream. See fine boy. God abeg don’t let evil prevail against us, we Av done no one evil

2 Likes

Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by useurkidney3121: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
decatalyst:
Jesus Christ!

This hurts!

Amen
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by Noss24: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
Person go come temme say jungle justice is not good for these robbers when caught?
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by PAQ(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
decatalyst:
Jesus Christ!

This hurts!

I said these words after i finished reading!

I only wish for painful and slow death to the robbers.
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by McTobe(m): 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
He will regain his sight, he just need to be a little patient. He will be fine.
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by 1Sharon(f): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mathiasa:
This is one of the reason I don't feel sorry for them when they are being beatten. Can u imagine what they did to this man's life?

Yes i believe armed robbers should be lynched, but killing someone for stealing a necklace? Come on
Re: Taxify Driver Awaiting Youth Service Loses Sight To Robbers by mimee9(f): 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2019
this is really bad,God is your strength

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Kenneth Onyeali Defiles Two Sisters During Deliverance In Imo / Policeman Shoots Army Officer In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State. Photos / Pick-pocket: We Make N80,000 To N100,000 Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.