Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Why Otedola & Dangote Can Donate More Than #5billion To Cuppy Foundation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Otedola & Dangote Can Donate More Than #5billion To Cuppy Foundation (541 Views)

Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu / What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation / Otedola, Dangote And Cecil Hammond At FIFA Best Awards Tonight (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Otedola & Dangote Can Donate More Than #5billion To Cuppy Foundation by Crispels(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
The social media has been agog since billionaire business mogul - Otedola announced a donation of 5billion naira to Cuppy Foundation and Save The Children Project. At Cuppy's Gala Night in Abuja, Dangote also donated 100million naira while Anthony Joshua donated the proceeds of his boxing gloves to the Cuppy project.

What amazes me most is how many Nigerians have ridiculed the donation of Femi Otedola; describing it as "audio donation". I admit most Nigerians are not aware of how the CORE private sector works and this explains why they will doubt the income of moguls like Otedola. I spent many years working in the Nigerian private sector with interests in stocks and shares and I can boldly confirm to you that DJ Cuppy herself is a billionaire(in naira) on her own. How?
Otedola is one of the major players in Nigeria's stock market and he has major shares in many Nigerian companies - where he rakes in more than 50billion naira in less than 4months for just being a shareholder. Many of these shares were bought in the names of his children and the proceeds go into their accounts.

For those who follow Cuppy on social media, you will notice that she has been heavily involved in the Nigerian Stock Exchange(NSE)activities. This is because shares worth billions of naira have been bought in her name. Why do you think Otedola and Dangote families are super close?
They are both business partners and Otedola is even a major investor in the Dangote's multi-billion dollar refinery in Lagos.

Otedola may have dropped from Forbes billionaire list but he is still a dominant force to reckon with in the Nigerian private sector. Just a few months ago, he invested 1billion dollar dollars(360billion naira) into one of his companies(his lead company - Geregu Power) and some still think he cannot afford to inject just 5billion naira into his daughter's foundation. Otedola equally has major investments across Europe; you can check out his office complex in London.

For those who know how the private sector works, billionaires like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Dapo Abiodun, Otudeko, Indimi and the likes secure the future of their children through shares and board memberships - where they rake in at least 2billion naira in less than 3months. For Instance, Adenuga's daughter - Bella Disu is on the board of Julius Berger Nigeria and she owns shares in different multinational companies. She recently commissioned her luxury apartment complex in Ikoyi - a project that is currently valued at 4billion naira.

Income is not a product of extreme hard work but a product of investments. There are more than one hundred Nigerians who are billionaires(in naira) through investments and businesses; anyone that works on stocks can confirm this. It is quite easy to be a billionaire in naira; when you have the right network of people around you. Just check the list of those who attended Cuppy Gala Night in Abuja.

Nigerian billionaires invest greatly in their children's education with a view to ensuring they push on with their legacies. They send their kids to primary and secondary schools that cost millions of naira annually and then "ship" them to the United States and the United Kingdom for world class university education. Cuppy for instance is well educated. She has a Master's degree in Economics from New York University in the United States and she also studied at Kings College in London - these are some of the best universities in the world. Cuppy is also very involved in the Nigerian Private Sector. If you follow Nigerian Stock Exchange markets, you will know she invests a lot in shares. The investments she has on her own alone is worth more than 2billion naira already. I'm into shares and stocks and I can confirm this to you. Cuppy is majorly into entertainment(music and DJ) for fun and she will soon retire from the entertainment industry to face investments and businesses in the private sector.

Otedola also has a history of making jaw-breaking donations. In 2005, he instituted a N200 million scholarship for Lagos state undergraduates, same year he donated N300 million for the completion of the National Ecumenical Centre in Abuja. #500million in 2005 is like 2billion naira in 2019.

In all, 5billion naira is what Otedola's investments in stocks and shares alone will give to him in less than two months. Those who belong to the core business circle will laugh at those describing the donations made by Otedola and Dangote as "audio donations". These guys make it big every month!

Cc

Lalasticlala FOD puskin naijacutee Dominique

Re: Why Otedola & Dangote Can Donate More Than #5billion To Cuppy Foundation by Crispels(m): 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
I recently created a thread on Bella Disu-Adenuga. Read about her activities and tell me how she's not a billionaire(in naira) on her own. The private sector is very capitalistic and those who know how it works keep "capitalizing" on it with a view to becoming more and more wealthy.

https://www.nairaland.com/5507154/profile-bella-disu-adenuga-owner-luxury
Re: Why Otedola & Dangote Can Donate More Than #5billion To Cuppy Foundation by Crispels(m): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
Paddy Adenuga; Bella Disu- Adenuga, Alima Dangote, Cuppy Otedola et al have all carved out niches for themselves in the Nigerian business world. When Paddy Adenuga wrote about how he almost bought Chevron in the Netherlands, many people were shocked. By the time Paddy reveals the breakthrough investments he eventually gathered in Europe, many will struggle to believe.

NOTE:

I am not trying to glorify "rich kids"; but I am out to let people know that there are those making it big and big every day in the business world. Even those that were not born into wealthy families.

The most important thing is the " mentality and mindset". The mindset of writing off other people's successes, or believing all billionaires are corrupt and evil is the worst mindset ever.

Re: Why Otedola & Dangote Can Donate More Than #5billion To Cuppy Foundation by Crispels(m): 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
Cc

Lalasticlala FOD puskin naijacutee Dominique

Let's have this on the front page.

Re: Why Otedola & Dangote Can Donate More Than #5billion To Cuppy Foundation by Kendumazy(m): 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
Interesting piece. Thanks OP!

(1) (Reply)

Build Your Own Rental Marketplace Website With Rentallscript (airbnb Clone) / Earn Up To ₦15,000 Daily On The Anyworqer App(with SSCE Certificate) / How To Begin HP Officejet Pro 7740 Setup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.