Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu (17203 Views)

CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu / BUA Has Come Again With Their Scam / BUA's Sugar Plantation: A Reply To Chika Mbonu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by AnonPoet: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2021

Chika Mbonu, an analyst on Arise TV’s business report, this morning took a quick drive into the current national conversation on local sugar production. The analyst took viewers through the key details of the plan while assessing the performance of all three stakeholders.

His conclusion is the passion and drives that Dangote Sugar displays towards its refining business must be replicated in expanding its sugar production business. While acknowledging that Dangote actually has an operational sugar mill in Adamawa, Chika felt it should be much bigger right now, given Dangote’s profile.

On BUA, He noted that there were gaps in the figures reported by BUA in its latest performance report and the satellite images obtained Arise TV. These satellite photos actually show that BUA has not cultivated more than 300 hectares of Sugar Cane compared to its claim of over 3,000 hectares. This is a major problem according to Chika because the BUA sugar milling plant is none existent, yet the company is enjoying billions in concessionary tariffs or. Essentially BUA sugar is cheating the Federal Government out of billions by importing and not producing anything locally.

From his analysis, Flour Mills was the one company that has actually done quite a lot of work out of the three. With over 70 billion spent on their own sugar plant which was commissioned by the President and verified by the Minister of Trade & Investment.

In closing, Chika encouraged Nigerian’s not the takes sides but to look beyond the surface at the real value for Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMfsiWWzTNg

4 Likes

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
Essentially BUA sugar is cheating the Federal Government out of billions by importing and not producing anything locally.
This needs to be looked into properly and adequate measures taken.

A new and better Nigeria is all we want.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Houseofglam7(f): 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
undecided
Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by TheHerbalist: 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
This is so true
Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by mogbeyiteren: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
Terrorist Fulani group just attact my village, Oghara

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by DennisEche(m): 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
BUA IS WRONG IF HE IS IMPORTING SUGAR INSTEADS OF PRODUCING IT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Vaughanlanrewaj: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
With all the grave allegations raised in the memo by Dangote Sugar and Flourmill, if Rabiu/BUA that is a black kettle will be calling the black pot Dangote black, then he must think the rest of us are dimwits.

He bought over a federal government sugar factory, did tashere work as decoy and abandoned it then started importing cheap unrefined sugar from overseas to frustrate his competitors in an unpatriotic act of economic sabotage and still enjoy concessions and Fx at concessionary rate to further rip off the system!

I guarantee them that it is what happened to those before them who behaved badly in this manner of sabotage is what awaits them too. Someday, all these assets you all are acquiring at the expense of national interest by sabotaging our national economy will be nationalised as recompense to the citizens you are all cheating now.

The FG should be bold to do what SEC did with Oando! Set up a Judicial Panel and expert committee of investigators to investigate all of them in the Cement and Sugar scandal and anyone sabotaging the country should have his management sacked and interim management appointed to follow through on the implementation of the National Sugar Master Plan.

Honestly I don't know what National Assembly and EFCC are waiting for before moving in like they did with MTN. EFCC should move into these companies in this sugar and cement scandal and investigate these serious economic crimes being allegedly committed by Rabiu in the Sugar and Dangote and others in the cement scandal. There is a criminal element of these serious allegations and SEC should protect investors who have bought the shares of BUA,Dangote Cement, Wapco Lafarge etc.

All of them must be investigated by SEC, CBN, EFCC and the customs and anyone or company indicted should face the music.
Enough of all these unpatriotic economic saboteurs by these people we expect to even be above board in terms of national affairs.

Nigerians, please don't sleep and act as if you are helpless. Report BUA to SEC, EFCC and CBN. I know even if none will act, Securities And exchange Commission (SEC) will act to protect investors who may lose their investment in BUA ,Dangote Cement, Lafarge WAPCO in the event they face criminal prosecution or/ and heavy fines. If SEC can ban foreign stocks trading apps and CBN can ban crytocurrency, these economic sabotage going on in the Sugar and cement sectors must not be treated with kids gloves. Rabiu, Dangote and all of them are not above the law or more Nigerian than the rest of us.
SEC and EFCC in particular should get to work immediately in national interest. Kilode gan!Was the 1914 amalgamation done for only Dangote and Rabiu ni?visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by mogbeyiteren: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
Terrorist Fulani group just attacked my village, Oghara

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Ogbodavies(m): 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
only in naija..private na public business in disguise..vice versa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by explorer250(m): 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
dangote the evil monopolist

2 Likes

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by KunleyY19(m): 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
The problem is we attach sentiment too much when analyzing stuffs... Dangote has been viewed from all spectrum of bad belle. When even this BUA sef is not a saint in this Business game. But one cannot overlook his Philanthropic achievement... He has been very good in that regards.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by osusuallstars: 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
Should we fry beans for u ?
Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Patrioticman007(m): 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
What a baseless claim without facts & evidence. We know these journalists are given brown envelops in other to spread fake news & few moments laters, will claim to have withdrawn the fake statements. Example of how the fake news media tarnished the image of Pantami the minister of communication, just because of islamaphobia.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by festacman(m): 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
EXPECTED:
Dangote and BUA group signed up with FG to work towards massively increasing local cultivation and processing of sugarcane, which is supposed to boost employment and save forex.

ACTUAL:
Both Dangote and BUA are basically net IMPORTERS of refined sugar. Meanwhile, as a SMOKESCREEN, Dangote and BUA got some farmers to plant sugar somewhere annually, which they never bother to harvest.

COMMENT:
Federal Government and NASS which supposed to enforce National Sugar Policy are sleeping. Can somebody wake them up already! SMH

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by aspiring44: 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
China mbonu .

Analyst abi . When he couldn't managing Banking very well . He is now analysing .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by vibre: 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dangote, dangote!!

Burna abeg come carry your papa
Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Marvieduke(f): 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
In Burna boy voice

Dangote Dangote Dangote
Still dey find money
Who I come be wey I no find money.

1 Like

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by TalkingBird: 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
In a community one business man visited, started buying all the marketable stuffs from the community and he had the support of a few in the community. Soon after he bought the community in proxy for his friends. They now decide what happens in that community and how things and items or if you like stuffs are sold.

1 Like

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
I hate everything online, i am gonna to delete my page.

Everything is all about FAKENEWS.

The confusion, retraction, the sentiments wont make you learn anything.

Everything seems manipulated.

BUA blamed dangote for everything wrong but they have hired social media warriors to make it seems like dangote is at fault but this objective analyst, brought out the real story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by winterfell007(m): 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
I don't give a Bleep if Dangote has done more backward integration programme (BIP) than BUA. All i know is that whenever that monopolist is involved in any industry, it's difficult to tell if it will be affordable for the common man, judging from the way he hiked the prices of cement, sugar and salts despite the fact that these items are produced locally and should be cheaper than imported ones, but it's not. Hence my support for BUA.
Dangote needs to be challenged and brought down at all cost. he only serves his selfish interest and the annoying part of it all is that he wants the market all for himself.
Please open our ports, let's import these commodities, it's obvious imports are a whole lot cheaper than the locally manufactured ones. Thumps up BUA for giving Dangote a good challenge. he can't have it all for himself. He can't!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Emmastan291: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
I thought Dangote and BUA are best buddies...
They can take care of themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Incognito403: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
Children of 8 left the group chat.

angry
Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by mrnelsono(m): 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
this is not good both for the BUA group and their customer base that trusts them
Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by mytime24(f): 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
I dnt do sugar lipsrsealed

So none of my bizness embarassed

d one i want to hear is d fall of their cements to 2k
Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Aflix(m): 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by escapethecage: 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
3,000 hecters claim while actual is 300 hecters is nothing but mockery of the unemployment state of the nation by big names traditionally seen as saints.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by Edun00700: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
���
Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by TripleAkutigi: 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dangote is a wicked person

1 Like

Re: Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
mogbeyiteren:
Terrorist Fulani group just attacked my village, Oghara

Sorry about dat.

The only solution is attack.

Since de security network wont do them anything

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga Net Worth Hits $7.4 Billion, Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest / . / I Sell Quality Wristwatches, Only...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.