Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,912 members, 7,952,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:52 PM

Want To Pursue A Career In Writing? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Want To Pursue A Career In Writing? (196 Views)

How Can I Pursue A Career In Public Health / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Want To Pursue A Career In Writing? by ChimmaIT(f): 5:55am On Nov 12, 2019
Am I a writer?

People have lots of crazy ideas about the writing art and who is qualified to be called a writer.

While some people totally frown at associating the name 'writer' to anyone who practices the art, some hold a different notion altogether.

One age-long myth about the art is called the Destiny Myth.

This myth has people believe that a subset of individuals, unique in a way are natural-born writers; they have a supernatural command of words, vocabulary, grammar and sentence construction which they employ in the art. Hence they own it.

While others who practice the art are pretending and wasting their time.

That myth is limiting.

Obviously, writing comes naturally to some people than others - a situation we often refer to as talent. Like when you hear people make such comments as "She's a talented writer." "He was born to write."

But the truth you need to know is that everyone who writes well whether by so-called talent or practice, learned to do so.

And so, every good/creative writer-even those you declare were born for the purpose of writing-grew to that level through regular practice, intentional effort and total commitment to the art.

Great writing ability is attained by giving yourself to it and enjoying the ride.

"What you give yourself to, you end up becoming." - Chidimma Itua.

===

Perhaps, you have an interest in writing but have consciously or unconsciously fed from the Destiny Myth or some other limiting beliefs held by society.

You are doing yourself great harm by letting those beliefs hold you bound.

Believing in myths is one way of preventing yourself from taking the actions necessary for your next success.

Writing can be learned, just like other arts.

Writing is a destiny you choose yourself.

Are you aspiring to write?

Reach me, I'll help you through.
WhatsApp: +2348063177475

Or click the link below:

https:///send?phone=2348063177475&text=Hello%20Chidimma

(1) (Reply)

Training On Warehouse /inventory Management Using Odoo Inventory Software / Tendering, Procurement And Negotiation Skills Course / Bank---https://sportsontvhd.com/eagles-vs-cowboys-2019/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.