Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

The need to persevere and endure in difficult times. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The need to persevere and endure in difficult times. (290 Views)

Embrace Struggle: 5 Reasons To Persevere Against All Odds / Which Can You Endure In A Partner? Mouth Odour Or Body Odour? / Dear Women, Can You Endure 45 Minutes Of Thrusting During Sexual Intercourse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The need to persevere and endure in difficult times. by partnerbizn5(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
Life is difficult.
Scott Peck in his book"The Road Less Travelled" agrees; as that was his first sentence.

If you haven't thought about suicide before, it's either you have no big dream or haven't had any serious misfortune.

I still remember the UNN student's suicide note.

"They said they came looking for me. I didn't drown. I was the water"

With the above words, Emeka Akachi left this meaningless world.

The truth is that those who are in pains should endure. Nothing is guaranteed. No one is special. Anyone can die, have an accident or fall sick. You can lose your source of income or money in business. Life is uncertain.

St Augustine says that Grace does not prevent pains but gives the victim, the resilience to bear it.

In his book, "Man's Search for Meaning" Frankl V asserts that we may not control what happens to us in life but we can control how we react to it

The world is chaotic and in disarray. Nobody understands how the world works. Bad things can happen to good people. No explanation to this. It's part of the chaos in the world.

Before you finish reading this post, 25 people must have died from complications arising from lack of good water.

137 people commit suicide in the US every day. Yes every single freaking day.

No justice in the world.
A rapist and murderer can marry, have kids and become rich in life. Karma fast asleep.

A thief can steal your corn, plant it and it bears him fruits. Huge harvest. Karma will be sleeping.
No justice, for if there was justice, the earth ought to have known that the corn was stolen, and prevented it from germinating and bearing fruits.

Again, God is not omnipotent in the literal sense. HE is all these while being dressed in borrowed robes.

Don't argue this part if you are shallow or aren't conversant with Aquinas and Augustine's works in this area.

I will stop here before I make some people despondent.

Search for knowledge and meaning has dealt with me shaa. At times, I wish I could unlearn...
.It's well!

1 Like

Re: The need to persevere and endure in difficult times. by powerhouse3(m): 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2019
I grab all you pour out here, ...first ,the essence of making money is for what,..Good life?,Show off?,Impress or Oppresse the society?..

Those bless enough to grasp life are not bother by thier suppose failure,..

suicidal thought will be there, but first ask your self what you are missing presently in this world...

I landed my self in panti police station and spent up to three weeks there when a crooked middle man abscond with everything and left me at the mercy of my boss then.in fact I develop my bears inside panti dockyard...lots of fellas in there got no hope for tomorrow, to us then freedom was more than any earthly wealth....that instance as form my judgement on matters which make me take it easy on life....

Then,early February I was opportune to spent sometime with an elder client link to me by my sister,he was known for rendezvous in his youthful days ,but presently, he unbutton his trouser before he sit,now focus on wine,...Food ,woman,cloth means nothing to him again,no body again to impress...

He believed the world is vain and I share is sentiment.....He didn't give consent to all my proposal,but he give me a book title;HOW BENEFICIAL IS POVERTY TO THOSE WITH TALENT

..To this end , I found those being crazy about wealth as a sick person who will soon be in need of help(knowledge) and we have to patiently await the time

(1) (Reply)

My Crusher / Anthony Joshua Outboxes And Outpoints Andy Ruiz Jr To Exact Revenge In Saudi Ara / As E Dey Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.