Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden (914 Views)

Nicki Minaj Threatens To Slap Man Over Leaked Information / Nicki Minaj Threatens To Reveal Reasons Why She Has Never Won A Grammy / Mr Taxi Owners Vs Jim Iyke: Egor Efiok Urges Nigerians To Boycott App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden by mattjunior(m): 5:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Nicki Minaj has threatened to stop using Instagram if bosses start hiding how many users have ‘liked’ her photos.

Earlier this week, Instagram's CEO announced the company would begin testing a new feature that stops likes from showing up on certain accounts.

Users will reportedly no longer be able to see how many users have liked a photo, unless they are the ones posting it themselves.

Global rapping sensation Nicki, 36, who currently has 107 million followers on Instagram , took to Twitter to voice her frustration on the news.

She told her 20.6 million followers that she would boycott the app following the new trial, writing: "I’m not posting on IG after this week cuz they removing the likes.

Nicki went on to blast the social media service's decision online.

She shared: "They took away your engagements in the first place by disrupting the algorithm. Then they boost it to show you how much better this new iPhone is.

"I mean how much better this new IG feature is... Lemme guess, u don’t believe your iPhone messes up when the new iPhone comes out…"

The Superbass hitmaker slammed the company's intentions and insisted situations like this are why "musicians make no money".

She also hinted at a conspiracy as she believed the "labels and streaming services knew what to say to pacify us."

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/nicki-minaj-threatens-to-boycott.html

Re: Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden by mattjunior(m): 6:00am On Nov 13, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden by mattjunior(m): 6:02am On Nov 13, 2019
Re: Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 13, 2019
Not only you babe, many celebrities and other individuals will also boycott Instagram.

There are people that live for the likes... imagine when it's taken away, there'll be no reason to be there

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden by popsy2(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Some people's happiness is tied to the likes.
Re: Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden by Waakanda: 7:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Whatever cool
Re: Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden by Bossontop(m): 9:28am On Nov 13, 2019
undecided
Haba Instagram how u want make dis kine girls survive na......una go kee dem ooo

Lol.....

Re: Nicki Minaj Threatens To Boycott Instagram If Her Likes Are Hidden by GreetMe(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2019
Instagram is doing this alot to many celebrities in the name of shadow ban.

I think they want brands to come directly to them for paid adverts instead of celebrities like Nicki Minaj said.

Mark Zuckerberg too like money wallai!! grin

(1) (Reply)

"I Will Go Live If Lagos State Government Don't Release My Car" - Susan Peters / Highlights : Bbnaija Tacha Host Mayor Of Lagos Fest 2019 / Walked Out Of My Marriage After Discovering I Married A BISEXUAL Man-tonto Dikeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.