Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,086 members, 7,957,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:10 AM

Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure (22514 Views)

Charles Idahosa Dumps APC, Says PDP A More Organised Party / Charles Idahosa: APC Lost Bayelsa Due To Oshiomhole’s Recklessness / Charles Idahosa: Oshiomhole Wants To Be VP To A Northern Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
LegendHero:

First of all, the SE is composed of people that don’t have a thinking of their own and are usually easily swayed by public sentiments. While the average Igbo man takes solace in his republican lifestyle of not accountable to anyone, they are actually the tribe that can be easily controlled which negate their usual republican mindset.

Bro, the APC is not loved in the SE simply because of the Buhari factor. Forget the fact that Okorocha was governor in the SE and the issue of few representatives. They igbos simply hate that party and anyone associated with that party is usually seen like a betrayal and an outcast.

Why was Okorocha hated? Do you think it’s only because of his non-performance? Hell No, if it had been performance then Ikpeazu should have been voted out due to how he managed Aba. But because the PDP can easily control the SE people with propaganda, they are able to polarize them to a certain trend.

Also look at the case of Kanu and calling Buhari Jubril, do you know almost 65% of the Igbo populace believed that insane propaganda? How will majority of a tribe sleep and face the same position? People have learnt to appeal to emotion because the SE people can be easily won over even by useless opinions.

Also the SE people are not calculative, they have an assumption of thinking outward strength is intelligence and that affected them in politics. Why should uou be calling the whole North cow, savages, terrorist, when you know you will support Atiku a Fulani man.

Why should you be abusing all Muslims and calling the SW cowards and betrayal because they are supporting a Muslim candidate when you (Igbos) also will campaign for Atiku; What is the sense in that please.

The Yorubas are the wisest tribe in Nigeria in terms of human interaction, we know when to bow and when to strike. We appeal to the Muslim North and the Christian southern minorities and middle belt people. We rather attack personalities that abuse all tribes. We also learnt to give up when we know it’s difficult to win and restrategize to achieve results.

Also the misconception that the North is powerful is just nonsense. North is dominating simply because we practice democracy which is a game of numbers. They will always decide who rules Nigeria for eternity in as much as we remain together as a country.

That is just the truth my bro. So if you know the North is what it is, you can either breakup Nigeria or ally with the north to achieve your aim or try changing the constitution to limit the power of population in our democracy.
PDP don't control the SE. The only time the PDP do well is during Presidential elections and that may end if the APC do the needful come 2023. Sometimes you overcome your opponents by winning them to your side. Many parties have won elections in the SE including AD, ACN, ANPP, Labour, PPA and othe unthinkable names.
The PDP from inception took foothold of the SE because names like Alex Ekwueme, and other eastern leaders were founders of the party. Unlike the ANPP and AD were the Igbo's joined late. However, Obasanjo iron rule and monopoly of rigging elections in th SE denied many parties the leverage from enjoying chunk votes in the Presidential elections. This was the reason why the Buhari/Okadigbo and even Ikemba Ojukwu were rigged out by Inec in the Presidential elections. The votes Ojukwu got in the SE were allocated to Obasanjo, this is the truth.
In time many people began to hate the party because of Obasanjo's antics, save for the coming of Umaru Yar'adua who endeared many anti-PDP politicians to the party and the coming of GEJ as President that again cemented that love.
The PDP would have died naturally post-2015 had Buhari played his politics right. But he failed to do so and thus gave the PDP their strength back.
The Yoruba's are intelligent people so I don't dispute that. In education you were the pacesetters in those years. So no one can dispute your cordiality and accommodative attitude. We lived with you people and since inception they've never been any recorded ethnic crisis between both of us.
And please the SE wasn't anti any tribe until the coming of loud mouth illiterate Nnamdi Kanu. We had MASSOB headed by Uwazurike who was civil in approach. Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB changed the dynamics of eastern civility. And he was largely influenced by his untrained upbringing as well as the hate speech propagated by APC henchmen such as Lai Mohammed, Junaid, El Rufai, Fani Kayode, Buhari, Oba Akiolu and other uncultured personalities.
So Kanu and his IPOB constitute a nuisance, especially when a large chunk of the membership are hustlers overseas and the local illiterate population of the Igbo nation. How many reknowned Igbo intellectual or personality is part of such group? Do IPOB speak for the Igbo nation? As far as I'm concerned they don't.

2 Likes

Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by LegendHero(m): 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
UdechiHD:
PDP don't control the SE. The only time the PDP do well is during Presidential elections and that may end if the APC does the needful come 2023. Many parties have won elections in the SE including AD, ACN, ANPP, Labour, PPA and othe unthinkable names.
The PDP from inception took foothold of the SE because names like Ekwueme and other eastern leaders where founders of the party. Unlike the ANPP and AD where the Igbo's joined late. However, Obasanjo iron rule and monopoly of rigging elections in th SE denied many parties from enjoying chunk votes in the Presidential elections. This was the reason why the Buhari/Okadigbo and even Ojukwu were rigged out by Inec in the Presidential elections. Many people began to hate the party because of Obasanjo's antics until the coming of Umaru Yar'adua who endeared many anti-PDP politicians to the party and the coming of GEJ as President that again cemented that love.
The PDP would have died naturally post-2015 had Buhari played his politics right. But he failed to do so and thus gave the PDP their strength back.
The Yoruba's are intelligent people so I don't dispute that. In education you were the pacesetters in those years. So no one can dispute your cordiality and accommodative attitude.
And please the SE wasn't anti any tribe until the coming of loud mouth Nnamdi Kanu. We had MASSOB headed by Uwazurike who was civil in approach. Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB changed the dynamics of eastern civility. And he was largely influenced by his untrained upbringing as well as the hate speech propagated by APC henchmen such as Lai Mohammed, Junaid, El Rufai, Fani Kayode, Buhari, Oba Akiolu and other uncultured personalities.
So Kanu and his IPOB constitute a nuisance, especially when a large chunk of the membership are hustlers overseas and the local illiterate population of the Igbo nation. How many reknowned Igbo intellectual or personality is part of such group? Do IPOB speak for the Igbo nation? As far as I'm concerned they don't.

Seems I understand you bro. We are practically saying the same thing just in a different way.

I can decode where you’re coming from and what you meant so you really do have a point.

The only issue is just that most Igbos on here don’t present their facts like you do devoid of emotional attachment. You laid out a clear semantics of your points which is convincing enough to a large extent although I still have my reservations.

Gracias!
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
LegendHero:

Seems I understand you bro. We are practically saying the same thing just in a different way.

I can decode where you’re coming from and what you meant so you really do have a point.

The only issue is just that most Igbos on here don’t present their facts like you do devoid of emotional attachment. You laid out a clear semantics of your points which is convincing enough to a large extent although I still have my reservations.

Gracias!
I have overtime noticed that many Igbo's have left the political airspace for IPOB members. Many out of their own choice and many others who were bullied by IPOB members with tags such as Efulefu, Aboki blood and Afonja. And many more again, who this present regime had killed the patriotic flame in them.
If a survey is conducted in Igboland today you'll be surprised to see that majority of easterners don't accept Kanu's hate tendencies. Many Igbo are indifferent, some are in the middle and many are gradually been pushed to join Kanu because of Buhari and APC's political immaturity.
Don't forget the Igbo's have a victim mentality. The civil war is still in the psyche of many. The death of 3 million people and many others. Many feel that the country still hold grudges against us after 50 years of the end of the war. What the Igbo's need in this country is acceptance and love not hate.
It's like the Germans and Confederates who lost wars. The only way you take away that hate is when you remove every hurdle that reminds people of their past defeat. Statements like 5% and total marginalization in government will breed another civil uprising.
President Umaru Yar'adua, Shagari and to a less extent Babangida are honoured in the east today because of how they treated our people. People still weep for Yar'adua in the east.
Yoruba's should stop this attitude of seeing us as their enemies. As far as we were concerned and before the coming of Uwazurike/Nnamdi Kanu such rivalry ended after the civil war. Statements from political harlots like Nzeribe, Peter Obi or Arthur Eze don't define our people. Imagine the love Igbo's had for Abiola, Obasanjo, Fashola and Osinbajo. What does that tell you?
You Yoruba's shouldn't allow political ambition of some greedy people create enemiity between you and the Igbo's.
Many of us in the SE want an Igbo Presidency, we want 6 states and we want to feel welcomed in the Nigerian project. We have invested so much in the unity of this country and we feel saddened that we are still judged by the civil war. You Yoruba's have the edge to put an end to our difference because of your edge in government now. You can mend fences with the SE and pick an Ogbonna Onu, a Joe Igbokwe or a Rochas for Presidency. I bet you not even Peter Obi as VP to a northerners will change the mind of the Igbo's. The unity and fences we all want can start from 2023 till the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by LegendHero(m): 10:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
UdechiHD:
I have overtime noticed that many Igbo's have left the political airspace for IPOB members. Many out of their own choice and many others who were bullied by IPOB members with tags such as Efulefu, Aboki blood and Afonja. And many more again, who this present regime had killed the patriotic flame in them.
If a survey is conducted in Igboland today you'll be surprised to see that majority of easterners don't accept Kanu's hate tendencies. Many Igbo are indifferent, some are in the middle and many are gradually been pushed to join Kanu because of Buhari and APC's political immaturity.
Don't forget the Igbo's have a victim mentality. The civil war is still in the psyche of many. The death of 3 million people and many others. Many feel that the country still hold grudges against us after 50 years of the end of the war. What the Igbo's need in this country is acceptance and love not hate.
It's like the Germans and Confederates who lost wars. The only way you take away that hate is when you remove every hurdle that reminds people of their past defeat. Statements like 5% and total marginalization in government will breed another civil uprising.
President Umaru Yar'adua, Shagari and to a less extent Babangida are honoured in the east today because of how they treated our people. People still weep for Yar'adua in the east.
Yoruba's should stop this attitude of seeing us as their enemies. As far as we were concerned before the coming of Uwazurike/Nnamdi Kanu such rivalry ended after the civil war.
You Yoruba's shouldn't allow political ambition create enemiity between you and the Igbo's.
Many of us in the SE want an Igbo Presidency, we want 6 states and we want to feel welcomed in the Nigerian project. We have invested so much in the unity of this country and we feel saddened that we are still judged by the civil war.

I swear from the bottom of my heart I can feel what you’re feeling and you’re 100% right about the average mindset of the Igbos due to the effect of the civil war and their loss of patriotism which is understandable.

I live in Atlanta and there’s a place called the civil right museum which is a museum that houses the legacy of Martin Luther king and the atrocities committed against the blacks in the Jim Crow era.

Before I visited, I have always thought the Black Americans are too vindictive and complacent, I always thought they have an unforgiving spirit because they should have integrated into the society and forgiven the whites. I’m always indifferent to their plight and I always thought we Africans are more better than them because we lead in universities in USA and excel in the corporate America industries.

But visiting that museum and seeing the videos and pictures of the atrocities committed against them, the Martin Luther king sacrifice, the beating and caging of African Americans, the killings and even the segregation such that AA can’t school together or stay in thesame restaurant with the whites during those period and many more videos broke my heart.

While I still do love the whites, I can feel the pain of the average African American coz of what they went through already affected their psyche. That made them always defensive, sometimes overreacting to situation and crying marginalization and racism at almost every instant. It’s all because of a generational oppression meted against them which had affected their psyche and their attitude to life.

This is exactly the plight of the average Igbo man in Nigeria. I know we have not been listening enough to put ourselves in the Igbo man shoe and what they went through. They have been modified to react different to situation more with aggressiveness because of what had happened in the past and that is where Nigeria misread the Igbos. Our stories are different which explains why the Igbo and Yorubas share different ideologies and approach to situations.

Igbos are intellectuals, Kanu was able to pull those stunt by appealing to the grieviance side of the Igbos. He striked their chord by reminding them of the atrocities of Nigeria against them which explains why most people follow his propaganda without question. To conquer people, you have to appeal to their grieviances coz they will follow you naturally because you gave them What to fight for.

Well I’m guilty of tribalism on Nairaland and I’ve always hated what I had become. I wasn’t like this 3years ago and infact I traveled out of Nigeria through Nairaland USA travel section for my masters. Nairaland helped me a lot but I have suddenly turned to an ethnic tribalistic hateful guy coz I can’t watch people abuse my tribe without retaliating.

I don’t know if it’s possible for the Igbos and Yorubas to share thesame political mindset but I’m sure we can respect eachother differences and limit the hate and insult.

Gracias!

2 Likes

Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by oyatz(m): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
The problem with you people is that you relish one sided obviously biased stories told by your parents and uncles about the civil war and want to force it down everybody's throats as the Gospel truths.

You don't read the accounts of key players from the other side, let alone strive to have a balanced view of the events surrounding the civil war.

You wrongly assume that the Biafran forces were saints who did no evil.

Benjamin Adekunle was already relieved of his command and was no where near the war front when Isaac Boro was killed.

Read eye witnesses accounts especially 'The Tragedy of Victory' by Gen Alabi-Isama

joeyfire:

Boro was tried by a court for treason in the Eastern Region but later murdered by your very own Adekunle.

If not that Awo was out of the picture in 1963 and the Western Region had been in a low grade civil war at that time you would never have allowed them to go. Do some research. You think the SS people don't know their history?

Finally this SW propaganda of biafran massacres in calabar has been decimated time and time again. When we dug deeper we observed that it was actually a Yoruba man serving under Murtala that even supervised the Asaba genocide. Nobody believes you guys but I guess you can't help trying

1 Like

Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by fulanimafia: 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
Lol you ended up saying nothing.

You tried to claim that the SE is not a politically irrelevant 5% region but ended up sucking up your vomit, trying to declare sudden eternal love for the APC; a party you demonized for being a coalition of PMB's (CPC, North) and Tinubu's (ACN, South West) parties. You termed the party (not Buhari) as an Islamic, supporter of APC, terrorist party. You're now finally receiving sense. As for the treachery trait of the SW which Emir Sanusi pointed out clearly (and is almost second nature to them), we are not unaware (almost half of them still voted Atiku this year angry ). In fact the average Northerner knows about the duplicitous nature of the average bayarabe quite well so you're preaching to the choir. However the thing is we have learnt to dine with them with a long spoon, just as they have with us and it has turned out fine so far.

The SE voter turnout in previous elections is less than 5% which stamps it as a politically irrelevant region. Political nonentities and liabilities. Your only allies (SS) led by Jonathan are becoming less blinded by PDP loyalty, so the SS is clearly politically ahead of even the SE right now. Fact even if you want to cry tears of blood.

You can save the rest of your diversionary rants for novices on the forum wink. If i were you I'd focus on trying to win our favour against 2023.

UdechiHD:
I know you'll give yourself up easily with the bolded. Only the SW brag about political sophistication. No other ethnic group or zones does this. The Yoruba political sophistication is built on hate and ethnic prejudice. But I won't even go on to recount your travesty. At least the likes of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi understands your kind of political ideology. Please be bold to say you're a Yoruba, no one will come for your head.

Second you talk about DSP position going the way of the SS as an achievement. You should be ashamed of yourself. So among all the meaningful position the APC zoned to the south it was a tea cup DSP post that the SS should applaud you for. The Urhobo can be proud of that as an achievement, not the Ijaws, Efiks, Anioma, Edo's and others who have tasted top positions in government before.

The same SS zone had never had it bad politically until the coming of the APC. Even under Shagari's tenure the SS got the Senate Presidency and other enviable positions. In PDP they had the VP and the Presidency.
Now, you have the effrontery to dangle DSP and Chairman as enviable post, that's an insult on the part of the SS.

And again for your information, the SE don't hate the APC infact an APGA faction led by Rochas were among the founders of the APC, before you Yoruba's selfishly denied them their own quota. Before even the SS had even a Senator from APC, the SE already one had from Imo. APC had won Governorship position in Imo state, HOR and state HOA members.
In Abia, the APC won two HOR positions and Senatorial positions. So who voted the APC? Maybe Yoruba's were imported to do the thumb printing I guess.

In Ebonyi, the APC have HOR member in the party. Even with strong members and Governorship aspirants in Anambra and Enugu state.
So you can never put the SE in the same bracket with the Yoruba's in politics. Opposition parties have always held political positions in the East. A lot of people may hate the Buhari personality for obvious reason for which he has proven and not the party. So watch your mouth next time, Mr Political Sophistication.
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
LegendHero:

I swear from the bottom of my heart I can feel what you’re feeling and you’re 100% right about the average mindset of the Igbos due to the effect of the civil war and their loss of patriotism which is understandable.

I live in Atlanta and there’s a place called the civil right museum which is a museum that houses the legacy of Martin Luther king and the atrocities committed against the blacks in the Jim Crow era.

Before I visited, I have always thought the Black Americans are too vindictive and complacent, I always thought they have an unforgiving spirit because they should have integrated into the society and forgiven the whites. I’m always indifferent to their plight and I always thought we Africans are more better than them because we lead in universities in USA and excel in the corporate America industries.

But visiting that museum and seeing the videos and pictures of the atrocities committed against them, the Martin Luther king sacrifice, the beating and caging of African Americans, the killings and even the segregation such that AA can’t school together or stay in thesame restaurant with the whites during those period and many more videos broke my heart.

While I still do love the whites, I can feel the pain of the average African American coz of what they went through already affected their psyche. That made them always defensive, sometimes overreacting to situation and crying marginalization and racism at almost every instant. It’s all because of a generational oppression meted against them which had affected their psyche and their attitude to life.

This is exactly the plight of the average Igbo man in Nigeria. I know we have not been listening enough to put ourselves in the Igbo man shoe and what they went through. They have been modified to react different to situation more with aggressiveness because of what had happened in the past and that is where Nigeria misread the Igbos. Our stories are different which explains why the Igbo and Yorubas share different ideologies and approach to situations.

Igbos are intellectuals, Kanu was able to pull those stunt by appealing to the grieviance side of the Igbos. He striked their chord by reminding them of the atrocities of Nigeria against them which explains why most people follow his propaganda without question. To conquer people, you have to appeal to their grieviances coz they will follow you naturally because you gave them What to fight for.

Well I’m guilty of tribalism on Nairaland and I’ve always hated what I had become. I wasn’t like this 3years ago and infact I traveled out of Nigeria through Nairaland USA travel section for my masters. Nairaland helped me a lot but I have suddenly turned to an ethnic tribalistic hateful guy coz I can’t watch people abuse my tribe without retaliating.

I don’t know if it’s possible for the Igbos and Yorubas to share thesame political mindset but I’m sure we can respect eachother differences and limit the hate and insult.

Gracias!
Igbo and Yoruba's can mend fence. What binds us together is more than what divides us. Despite the hate speech flying from both side, we've never had any ethnic crisis amongst us.
Take a look at me for instance. I was born in Lagos and have always had much connection with Yoruba's. To the extent that I became a card carrying member of ACN because of Fashola. Even till my dying days, I'll always be grateful to Tinubu because he didn't only made it possible for me to finish my secondary school in Lagos public school, he paid my sister's NECO in he SS3 and my own WAEC fee in 2004. And as far as you are a Lagosian it didn't matter to Tinubu, everyone was the same. Fashola took such attitude to and he's still loved among Igbos.
It just of recent that the Stockholm syndrome seems to be getting into my head all thanks to the social media influence. I find myself unconsciously using derogatory words online of which I can never use offline. However, each time I meet anti Tinubu folks I try as much as possible to vindicate many lies about him. I also still dispute many lies about the Yoruba's in the midst if my own people at any given occasion. I still do that till now.
Much water have passed through the basket and things seems to be pushing the Igbo's and Yoruba's into more enmity. The Igbo seems to be helpless now. The IPOB fiasco and so many amateurish politicians such as Peter Obi leading the Igbo's. Folks such as Nnamdi Kanu are just misleading many Igbo youths. They take advantage of the frustration of the people to change their psyche.
Igbos are wonderful people, but Nigeria have overtime brought out the twisted faces of these people. Partly cause by our own self mistakes and also by outside suppression.
The Yoruba's and Igbo's are the ones dragging this country down. The efforts they spend on nonsignificant arguments can be channeled into love, good leadership and progress from the hands of the conservative north.
The minorities in the south as well as the middle belt look up to us, but we've failed overtime to settle our differences.

2 Likes

Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by Cherez: 12:15am On Nov 15, 2019
LegendHero:

Bro I won’t dignify you with a reply much coz what I said is a self evident truth. The Igbos see you guys as inferior to them and if you’ve been on Nairaland for long you will know about this.

I want to ask you a question tho:
Why do you hate the SW? What warranted you to abuse the Yorubas? In what way do you think the Yorubas ever offended you?

I have never insulted a SS’ner coz I’ve always accord them with due respect and infact I’ve supported them multiple times against the Igbos on Nairaland here. You can check my previous posts. But I have to respond based on how that guy abused the Yorubas up there.
Lol
Funny you, divide and rule system indeed.
Support them against the Igbos?
So, it is the Igbos that comprise bulk of the criminals looting ND oil dry since 1960?
You keep shouting at Nzeogwu and casting all aspersions on him for a coup even some Yorubas indulged in yet you claim you support the ND against Igbos.
Though I agree GEJ messed up but you tacitly fought GEJ for political reasons as PMB has still proved by the monies he is pumping to Kogi on election eve he is worse than GEJ.
You fought this GEJ while claiming he is Igbo to deceive the SSners.
Is GEJ an Igbo man?
So, why fight the Igbos for supporting GEJ a SSner.
Your support for PMB is is for your greed to be a president again or that GEJ was clueless and needed to be removed?
If so, why not pick another SSner if you so respect them.
Greed & heartlessness of the major tribes in Nigeria.
You cooperate in deceit with the minor tribes to fight your enemy major tribe, use them.amd dump them.
Why do you not respect the Igbos?
Cos they want out of your greedy Nigeria sucking the commoner dry?
NB: I dont hate the Yorubas, I LOVE THEM.
Dont relate your behavior to others in our case.
Even if the whole Igbo nation is to exterminated today, you'll still spite on the Ijebus, Ilajes, etc. You'll always have someone to hate on if you keep with this hate mentality of yours

2 Likes

Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by LegendHero(m): 2:38am On Nov 15, 2019
UdechiHD:
Igbo and Yoruba's can mend fence. What binds us together is more than what divides us. Despite the hate speech flying from both side, we've never had any ethnic crisis amongst us.
Take a look at me for instance. I was born in Lagos and have always had much connection with Yoruba's. To the extent that I became a card carrying member of ACN because of Fashola. Even till my dying days, I'll always be grateful to Tinubu because he didn't only made it possible for me to finish my secondary school in Lagos public school, he paid my sister's NECO in he SS3 and my own WAEC fee in 2004. And as far as you are a Lagosian it didn't matter to Tinubu, everyone was the same. Fashola took such attitude to and he's still loved among Igbos.
It just of recent that the Stockholm syndrome seems to be getting into my head all thanks to the social media influence. I find myself unconsciously using derogatory words online of which I can never use offline. However, each time I meet anti Tinubu folks I try as much as possible to vindicate many lies about him. I also still dispute many lies about the Yoruba's in the midst if my own people at any given occasion. I still do that till now.
Much water have passed through the basket and things seems to be pushing the Igbo's and Yoruba's into more enmity. The Igbo seems to be helpless now. The IPOB fiasco and so many amateurish politicians such as Peter Obi leading the Igbo's. Folks such as Nnamdi Kanu are just misleading many Igbo youths. They take advantage of the frustration of the people to change their psyche.
Igbos are wonderful people, but Nigeria have overtime brought out the twisted faces of these people. Partly cause by our own self mistakes and also by outside suppression.
The Yoruba's and Igbo's are the ones dragging this country down. The efforts they spend on nonsignificant arguments can be channeled into love, good leadership and progress from the hands of the conservative north.
The minorities in the south as well as the middle belt look up to us, but we've failed overtime to settle our differences.

Totally agree with you. I hope things change gradually soon for the better of both of us.

I’m even short of words because the more I write the more my brain keep tormenting me coz I don’t actually know what method we can devise to build the love between the Yorubas and Igbos.

No matter how hard I try to think of a solution even to this tiny Nairaland ecosystem, I can’t seems to find a remedy.

But things might actually change if we try to at least hope and work towards change irrespective of how slow we progress.
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by Osaze007: 2:53am On Nov 15, 2019
Idahosa speaks for himself
I’m voting Tinubu or any Yoruba man that presents himself it Igbos are to scared to contest

1 Like

Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by duncun: 3:37am On Nov 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by JJOF(m): 4:05am On Nov 15, 2019
oyatz:
In a democratic dispensation, no part of Nigieria can rule for a very long time because at least 24 States are needed to win presidential election.

The South is too divided, that's why that can be possible.
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by hisexcellency34: 7:43am On Nov 15, 2019
Can't be possible, u mean?

JJOF:

The South is too divided, that's why that can be possible.
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by nairavsdollars(f): 7:46am On Nov 15, 2019
hate speech!
FuckThaMod:
Me too
An animal over yoruba anytime anyday..
Wetin i use my eyes see ehn before buhari second term.. Was in the midst of yorubas come and see how they insult igbo finish just because peter obi was atiku running mate. They didn't know i was igbo o.. I just played along. They called igbo thieves and said they rather suffer under buhari than have igbo man in presidency. That day ehn.. I just shook my head in pure disappointment cos iya aduke was among them and i usually leave change for her whenever i patronise her shop.
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by FuckThaMod: 8:26am On Nov 15, 2019
nairavsdollars:
hate speech!
Oh it's hate speech now because igbo isn't the subject of the matter
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by hisexcellency34: 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
Before nko?
FuckThaMod:

Oh it's hate speech now because igbo isn't the subject of the matter
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by Truthisit: 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
Overself:

Do u think everyone opposing the Yorubas are from d East? No! Am from Niger Delta. We will vote for a northern, instead of a two face,no good Yoruba bigot. We will do to u,what u did to our son in 2015.
U can now go n hug a transformer gringrin
Go ahead! Betrayal is a chain. It does not end.
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by Overself: 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
Truthisit:

Go ahead! Betrayal is a chain. It does not end.
Who are u?
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by Cherez: 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2019
LegendHero:

Before the discovery of crude oil, the SW is doing fine and infact the most prosperous region in Nigeria. That is a self evident truth that even our antagonists can attest to.

With our cocoa and team of intellectuals we were able to construct first among firsts. Free education, free healthcare, first Stadium, First TV station, first Sky scraper, first region to raise workers minimum wage, etc.

The crude oil discovery is one of the first evil that bewitched this country, that was the incentive that led the barrack boys to the civil war and we’ve been declining ever since then up to this moment.

I have never attacked the SS and infact I have always stood in solidarity with them but I won’t let people like you think you can just run your mouth online to abuse the Yorubas without consequences.

Yes, the rest of Nigeria is feasting on your oil and using it to build our rails, pay workers salaries, build infrastructure, and fund our government. We will abandon your region as soon as the oil dries up and you will but be left with a land that is unsafe for both agriculture and development.

Before you wail, Ondo is part of the oil producing states, there is also oil deposit in little quantities in Ogun and Lagos.

And yes, the mighty Yorubas are far superior in intellect than you, that is a truth you should live with from now on till the rest of your life.

Apologies to Delta and Edo folks in the SS.
Apologies to Delta state?
So, Kaduna Nzeogwu is no longer from Delta abi some parts of Delta state isnt Igbo again?
Egoistic nature with the aim of skewing every story towards his own interest.
See how you keep attacking people for raising salient point.
Claiming first TV station, etc, oga mention billionaires in the SW not linked to oil money.
I beg, stop deceiving yourself; Yes the political sharing formula is based on population from Hausa to Yoruba, Igbo, etc.
But ask yourself, are you really enjoying Nigeria as it is?
Have the so called formular benefited the common man?
Be reasonable for once.
We cry racism everywhere but the worst form of segregation is that within blacks.
Continue your supremacism drive
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by Cherez: 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
LegendHero:

I don’t feel sorry or any remorse for SW voting out Jonathan in 2015. It is a choice that will remain forever and we will repeat the same thing over due to the ineptitude of Jonathan.

before you talk Remember we voted him in 2011 even when most SW governors were ACN and he was in PDP.

SW were also instrumental to him becoming the president when he was acting president especially when the northern cabals wanted to deny him the chance.

Besides Jonathan issue that you guys always cling to anytime you wanna attack the SW, what else is the justification for hating on the SW? When we’ve always stood in solidarity with you since times immemorial.

"SW were also instrumental to him becoming the president when he was acting president especially when the northern cabals wanted to deny him the chance."
How is this a fact?
Please what did you do exactly to pressure out the cabals?
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by BlackfireX: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
EfonAlaaye2023:

the same people who spoke for Atiku and Atiku won

southwest 2023 project is bigger than hate and political propaganda. when it happen una eyes will open

And when it flops ....blame ya self.... Mr chest beater.
Re: Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure by BlackfireX: 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

A glimpse at your post history would show this Like for Atiku Share for Buhari silliness.

Didn't help you the other time, but you feel it would this time.

No wonder your people were President last 50 years ago and wouldn't be for 500 years to come grin

You will be amazed... Like the gangan drum...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools / Imo Govt Seals Okorocha’s College, Reclaims IBC Quarters / Lamido Hands Over To SSG, Jets Out On Annual Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.