Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates (16923 Views)

House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years / Alleged Result Manipulation: Reps Orders JAMB To Suspend All Actions On Mmesoma / JAMB Lists 16 Prohibited Items For Candidates As UTME Kicks Off On Friday (full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by yinkajewole: 7:46am On Nov 14, 2019
that will be nice because the stress is too much due to less centres across the country
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by iykomo0(m): 7:47am On Nov 14, 2019
Are you in search of a good, reliable, legal and safe means of making money online with minimal stress? All you need is your smartphone and a data subscription. If your answer is yes, then join this WhatsApp group and be on your way to financial freedom.. https:// chat.whatsapp. com/C1eXpeOviB44lilnejreXo ... Do not let excuses deprive you of financial freedom. Or Whatsapp 0810 174 1516... Or simply drop your WhatsApp number and get added to the business group...
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by sammirano: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2019
Jamb is one stupid organization presently. How can you mandate children, some of which are less than 16 to get NIN. This registrar is high on drugs.

1 Like

Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by Ajibade123(m): 7:55am On Nov 14, 2019
it true sef they should just stop that thing for utme

anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by david22uu(m): 7:59am On Nov 14, 2019
Gten:
This is one of the most ill thought policy of Jamb, the age requirement for employment is between 24-28 and you want applicants to start writing from the age of 18. This to me is retrogression and amounts to adult education.

The age for that is 15years
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by Coldie(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2019
otokx:
Someone known to me very well who is an Urhobo from Delta State which is a catchment state for Uniport went to fill Bayelsa State which is an educational less developed state in order to increase the daughter's chances of getting admission into Medicine.

On few occasions we see Emeka Uche with state of origin as Kano state all in a bid to beat the system.

The linkage of NIN would have put a stop to all that.
But you are a Yoruba man.

How did you get this data, can't u people for once talk something without bringing Igbo's into it?

I dont want to be a tribalism but this is pure cowardice, its easier for a Yoruba man to pass as someone from kano than an Igbo man, if you see Abdul ali a yoruba in a kano list it won't raise eye brows even if the list is being read by some one from kano. But nobody that will see Emeka uche in a kano state of origin list that won't know even someone from Niger republic.

Oga stop lieing o.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by MohAbdullah(m): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2019
seriously, the jamb policy is good but the NIMC people is making the registration harder day by day, I remember while in was doing the registration, light was interrupted and we were expecting them to use the generator, unfortunately for them, we were told start contributing for fuel because the generator tank is dry.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by idnole4(m): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2019
It is the quota system that should be stoped. It has been continuously abused.

otokx:
Someone known to me very well who is an Urhobo from Delta State which is a catchment state for Uniport went to fill Bayelsa State which is an educational less developed state in order to increase the daughter's chances of getting admission into Medicine.

On few occasions we see Emeka Uche with state of origin as Kano state all in a bid to beat the system.

Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by RTSC: 8:47am On Nov 14, 2019
anonimi:

Do you love insecurity and risks to your life and properties?
Why are you opposed to NIN?
Are we not our own worst enemies
My youngest sister went to NIN Registeration center at 3am for Two consecutive days just to be able to register.
And she has not been able to register due to the crowd she met there even at 3am.

It is the same story everywhere.

Whoever made this NIN a requirement is a fool.
There are not even enough centers yet.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by mfm04622: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2019
Excelboi:
Better. That JAMB boss keeps bringing in different policies frustrating innocent potential jamb candidates.

What is frustrating in this? We claim we want to develop this country but always shout against policies that will develop it! Kai!!!

What is hard in asking someone to identify his or herself? Serious candidates without the NIN have obtained it immediately the policy was announced!
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by Paentera(m): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2019
Excelboi:
Better. That JAMB boss keeps bringing in different policies frustrating innocent potential jamb candidates.

On the contrary. Government agencies are all collaborating to ensure that every point that involves data entry by a Nigerian is used to encourage more citizens to understand the importance of registration and by large improve enrolment.

Your statement is akin to saying the CG of Immigration is frustrating those Nigerians that need new International Passports issued considering that a NIN is needed at the point of registration or renewal.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by bunminikan(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2019
otokx:

In my opinion, nothing should stop any prospective candidate from getting admission into any institution to study any course of his choice if he is qualify. This quota system is evil and it should stop. My children were born in kd and had never ever visit my state of origin. Tomorrow, quota system will ask them to seek admission in a state they had never being to. So many things is wrong in this land
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by wisdomkid: 9:58am On Nov 14, 2019
I like this update.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by thatigboman: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2019
otokx:

so Emeka Ucha cant come from Kano or what?
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by thatigboman: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2019
Gten:
This is one of the most ill thought policy of Jamb, the age requirement for employment is between 24-28 and you want applicants to start writing from the age of 18. This to me is retrogression and amounts to adult education.
i'm wondering. NIN is for adults from 18 yrs, while people write JAMB at 15 or 16. Are they saying that the minimum age to write JAMB now is 18 yrs? that's nonsense. JAMB that people sit for 3 or 4 times before passing.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by thatigboman: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2019
MoIbrahim:

Nigerians are not ready. This NIN thing also has serious security implication as it Carrie's a form of unique so ial security number. Serious countries do things with social security number, we are here sticking to old ways.

Instead of talking to NIN to step up and help meet the deadline. And all the reasons that gave for suspending also applies to JAMB registration, e.g. if there is no internet network in an area for NIN how would there be internet network for JAMB registration.
Social security no is for all citizens, right from birth. NIN is only for adults 18 yrs and above. so children must start writing JAMB from 18yrs?
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by thatigboman: 10:37am On Nov 14, 2019
jchioma:
Is it true that NIMC now collect money (5K) for NIN registration? If this is true, then the revenue drive to milk the citizens dry is on course.
no, registration is free. renewal is 3k, reprinting for lost ID is 5k

1 Like

Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by Obere4u: 10:46am On Nov 14, 2019
oshiiteoku:
How can it be possible when it takes ten years to get your national Id after capturing,somethinh that shouldn't take more than twenty minutes in saner climes

Well they are talking about NIN not the plastic card as a whole
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by kleverley(m): 10:49am On Nov 14, 2019
I align with the jamb registrar on this one. The use of NIN would make the system smoother and transparent. Just this last exam that was taken, I sighted several cases of multiple registration, same name,different state of origin. A single person registers like 4 times for the same exam. You can also see a person with pure Eastern name filling an ELDS state as his state of origin just to boost his chances.
NIN would really help if adopted
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2019
otokx:

uniport uinbadan uni agric umudike,makurdi uniabuja has no catchment Area...stop rubbish talk...
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:53am On Nov 14, 2019
Gten:
kids can register for nin OK... stop misinformation me I support the nin issue it ll curb age fraud...

1 Like

Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by engrcalvin: 11:20am On Nov 14, 2019
NIN is strictly meant for Nigerian Citizens. what happens to foreigners who are resident in Nigeria and would want to enroll in Nigerian Universities? or does it means JAMB would no longer offer admissions to foreign students? These are questions JAMB ought to answer!

1 Like

Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by iswallker(m): 11:24am On Nov 14, 2019
otokx:

Who said Emeka uche can't come from kano..
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by otokx(m): 11:35am On Nov 14, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
uniport uinbadan uni agric umudike,makurdi uniabuja has no catchment Area...stop rubbish talk...

All states of the federation form catchment for Uniport, states that fall under the category of Educationally Less Developed States are also inclusive in catchment giving them an unique advantage during the selection process.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by otokx(m): 11:39am On Nov 14, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
kids can register for nin OK... stop misinformation me I support the nin issue it ll curb age fraud...

We have also noticed that JAMB collects money for all manner of Data changes. A candidate was not giving admission because of underage but the parents claimed the CBT center made a mistake, they procured a new NPC birth certificate and back dated it then went to Jamb Portal to pay for change of data with regards to date of birth.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by Bankowner: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
anonimi:

Are there no government officials, paid heavily to work for the people, in the south west

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3929046_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
You tell me since you know the govt officials are "heavily paid". If the minimum wage can be classified as such.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by anonimi: 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bankowner:
You tell me since you know the govt officials are "heavily paid". If the minimum wage can be classified as such.

I mean politicians as government officials.
And they depend on you to get into and be in office

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by Brunicekid(m): 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
Raskasal:
A good one coming here.

Only if they know how people find it hard to register for the NIN, they won't even make NIN an option not to talk of mandatory to take JAMB.
You get am... I did my NIN till 2017... Till now, i have not been given my national ID.

"You will be contacted later" is all i was told.
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
otokx:

All states of the federation form catchment for Uniport, states that fall under the category of Educationally Less Developed States are also inclusive in catchment giving them an unique advantage during the selection process.
we are saying d same thing there's nothing as catchment area for such schools...
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by jchioma: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
thatigboman:
no, registration is free. renewal is 3k, reprinting for lost ID is 5k

OK.

Thanks for the info.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union / Can I Seek Admission With D7 In Economics? / What Is The Answer To This Maths Question That Has Gone Viral???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.