Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates (16921 Views)

House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years / Alleged Result Manipulation: Reps Orders JAMB To Suspend All Actions On Mmesoma / JAMB Lists 16 Prohibited Items For Candidates As UTME Kicks Off On Friday (full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by Legendguru: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by nylawal(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
thatigboman:
i'm wondering. NIN is for adults from 18 yrs, while people write JAMB at 15 or 16. Are they saying that the minimum age to write JAMB now is 18 yrs? that's nonsense. JAMB that people sit for 3 or 4 times before passing.

Please, why not do simple Google search. There is Nin for minors https://www.nimc.gov.ng/how-to-enrol-minors/. We should always look at the brighter side... there maybe a lot of challenges but this is how to get our country among the developed countries of the world.

We already have a lot of exam cheats as leaders. Do you think these guys will not help their own children too cheat the system. There was a time Nimc was practically begging people to go and register, now that it has become a requirement they have to up their game!
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by thatigboman: 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
nylawal:

Please, why not do simple Google search. There is Nin for minors https://www.nimc.gov.ng/how-to-enrol-minors/. We should always look at the brighter side... there maybe a lot of challenges but this is how to get our country among the developed countries of the world.

We already have a lot of exam cheats as leaders. Do you think these guys will not help their own children too cheat the system. There was a time Nimc was practically begging people to go and register, now that it has become a requirement they have to up their game!
not trying to discredit NIN, just stated my opinion of how I know the process works, if u have a contrary and superior opinion, u only need to state it.
Tnx, will check the website
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by thatigboman: 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
david22uu:

The age for that is 15years
they will need to fine tune into capture all citizens from birth like Social security works in US and opening bank accounts works in Nigeria
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by MoIbrahim: 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
thatigboman:
Social security no is for all citizens, right from birth. NIN is only for adults 18 yrs and above. so children must start writing JAMB from 18yrs?

"A FORM of unique..."
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by charlsecy(m): 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates by Raskasal(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
Brunicekid:
You get am... I did my NIN till 2017... Till now, i have not been given my national ID.

"You will be contacted later" is all i was told.

Lol. that is the Nigeria we live in. mine was in Jan 2013, when I finally got the text, on getting to the office here in Lagos,was told it isn't ready. since 2013, I'm yet to get the card

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! / How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? / The Danger Of Exam Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.