Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

"Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (17827 Views)

RCCG Will Produce A President - Pastor Adeboye / Redeemed Christian Church Of God Will Produce A President -pastor Adeboye / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by tEsLim(m): 7:00am On Nov 18, 2010
Lame! Such talk is why Nigeria is backward! Discrimination, tribalism, religion, little minded set off people
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by princekevo(m): 7:17am On Nov 18, 2010
I think i will agree with the man to a certain extent. Christianity in Nigeria seems to have made them so weak and stupid. They adopt prayer approach even to a situation that requires a common sense with little action, dismissing the bible passage that says faith without work is as good as dead.

Let's face the reality, how many Northern Muslims will vote for a christian candidate if there be an election between a christian and a Muslim candidate. There is no how an Imam could be bribed by a christian candidate to deliver a single Muslim vote to him, but just bribe a G.O he will deliver the entire population of his members to you, including his own house hold. He will not care if you are a christian or Muslim. This is the simple truth, it is time Nigerian Christians should stop living in self denial and be wise. You can not separate politics/Democracy/Government from religion, even in the western world.

When you make a survey of how many votes Obama jst because he once had Muslim upbringing, you will understand, or can anyone tell me that American Christians will ever vote in candidate with 100% Muslim background for president. To the extent that some GOP used it as a campaign strategy against Obama. What are we not talking abt?

We can even see that Americans votes between Democrates and republicans are based on their religious stands, in terms of their policy towards some religious and moral values like, Abortion,Gay marriages, ETC.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by okeyxyz(m): 7:22am On Nov 18, 2010
Well, d last time i checked Fashola was still a moslem. grin
it's a suprise that a good number of yorubas whose xtian\moslem distribution is 50\50(i think) r falling for this bullsh1t.
We can do without pastors like this.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naijaking1: 7:22am On Nov 18, 2010
I think it was MLK who said that the passive inaction of apparently good men is worse than the violent oppression of the racist south.
In Nigeria, you can always tell when passive inaction of good christians become the order of the day.

Gideon Okah was beheaded in Kano, because he was alleged to have "desecrated" the qoran, we stood bye and did nothing while his head was carried around town on a stalk, muslims go on a killing/raping/stealing rampage against christians while we stand bye and make excuses, and project academic reasons why Hausa muslims are behaving badly, then boko haram comes to town, we still do nothing. Did we even talk about the sufering of non-muslims in sharia states? My friend from Bauchi tells a story about how one as to be a muslim to be gainfully employed by the state. If you disagree with mu statement, please tell me the name of one person who has been ever convicted for these riots.
But, the list goes on, on, and on---- embarassed

No religion is perfect, but Nigerian christians risk everything by continously ignoring the aggressive posture of muslims in their midst. A good practicing muslim would always tend to obey his religious tenets, ie to combine governance with the worship of God.

No developed country is ruled by a muslim, so why must we be continously dragged down by muslims
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by okeyxyz(m): 7:30am On Nov 18, 2010
princekevo:
Let's face the reality, how many Northern Muslims will vote for a christian candidate if there be an election between a christian and a Muslim candidate. There is no how an Imam could be bribed by a christian candidate to deliver a single Muslim vote to him
Wait until Adams Oshiomole contests for president.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Demoladoc: 7:35am On Nov 18, 2010
The good pastor is merely talking about core north muslims leaders like abacha, babangida, mohammed and buhari who were hell bent on promoting islamic fundamentalism and ideas in nigeria to the detriment of the whole country while christians looked the other way.

He is not talking about all Nigerian muslims as the yoruba muslims have clearly differing mentality from their corenorthern counterparts.

He DIDNT SAY DONT VOTE A MUSLIM HE SAID HE WOULD PREFER NOT TO ALLOW A CORE NORTH MUSLIM to rule the country because of therir antecedents and their islamic fanaticism
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naijaking1: 7:50am On Nov 18, 2010
I beg, let's make a distinction between southern and northern muslims.
The emphasis is on extreme northern Hausa/Fulani muslims. We all know that illustrous souther muslims like Fashiola, Abiola, Tinubu, Onyeama, etc have shown themselves to be tolerant and secular to a great extent.
Unfortunately, northern muslims regard their southern brothers as religious inferior shocked
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by frgy1: 7:54am On Nov 18, 2010
okeyxyz:

How old r U? don't u have any memory of june 12? or at least u must have read abt it.
Wait until Adams Oshiomole contests for president.
And you wey old well well no know say both presidential candiates at that time were muslims.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Blazay(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2010
Nigerians used to be the most educated people in the world until the likes of Abacha and the Murtala Muhammed came and scattered our educational system to slow down the South so that the North can catch up, instead of speeding up the North,” Adefarasin said.

Did not even bother to read past this line.
Never knew that gullibility of the North was a contagious disease.
Just wondering. Was it the North that brought about free education? undecided
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by okeyxyz(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2010
frgy_:

And you wey old well well no know say both presidential candiates at that time were muslims.
sorry, my mistake is duely noted. embarassed
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Bokoharam: 8:09am On Nov 18, 2010
The man is very right. But, is that really the problem of Nigeria now?

Our problem is also not necessarily where the leader comes from. For those saying Hausa-Muslim, was UM Yaradua (one of the best presidents Nigeria ever had) not a Hausa-Muslim?
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by okeyxyz(m): 8:16am On Nov 18, 2010
Demoladoc:

The good pastor is merely talking about core north muslims leaders like abacha, babangida, mohammed and buhari who were hell bent on promoting islamic fundamentalism and ideas in nigeria to the detriment of the whole country while christians looked the other way.

He is not talking about all Nigerian muslims as the yoruba muslims have clearly differing mentality from their corenorthern counterparts.

He DIDNT SAY DONT VOTE A MUSLIM HE SAID HE WOULD PREFER NOT TO ALLOW A CORE NORTH MUSLIM to rule the country because of therir antecedents and their islamic fanaticism
And who amongst us Nigerians voted for these aforementioned ppl?
these were military men who took power by force, & like any armed robbery, were criminal acts in themselves.
ur good pastor is just as just as bigoted(or worse) than these uncultured military men because he should know better to judge from right perspective. How do u hold civilians just as innocent as urself responsible for the crimes of armed robbers soldiers because they happen to b same ethnicity? guess we should hold GEJ responsible also for d attrocities of niger-delta militants, or adams oshiomole for d crimes of Anini & Monday osumbo(who still remembers these guys grin). ur good pastor is a dangerous man to have in authority.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Salym(m): 8:29am On Nov 18, 2010
All these rantings about not voting for a Muslim will not take us anywhere, our leaders have the same tendency to steal and mismanage government in the whole of Nigeria. Im sure the worst looting governors are from the south so no one is spared with regards to bad governance.It's bettter if we begin to learn how to tolerate one another.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by usbcable(m): 8:33am On Nov 18, 2010
Pastor Adefarasin should be preaching towards the line of good governance and religious and tribal tolerance.
Its just sad some of our religious leaders fail to see beyond the ethnic and religious lines.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naijaking1: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2010
okeyxyz:

And who amongst us Nigerians voted for these aforementioned ppl?
these were military men who took power by force, & like any armed robbery, were criminal acts in themselves.
your good pastor is just as just as bigoted(or worse) than these uncultured military men because he should know better to judge from right perspective. How do u hold civilians just as innocent as urself responsible for the crimes of armed robbers soldiers because they happen to b same ethnicity? guess we should hold GEJ responsible also for d attrocities of niger-delta militants, or adams oshiomole for d crimes of Anini & Monday osumbo(who still remembers these guys grin). your good pastor is a dangerous man to have in authority.

I hope you too can see how your analogy doesn't hold angry
If an ethnic group preaches and teaches a destrcutive philosophy, then we must all beware of any individual from that group, but the fallacy of your argument is that no group such as the Edo people preaches theft and robbery as practiced by Anini the criminal, so why do you want us to generalize? and compared to islam?
The pastor is certainly not bigoted, he's merely reflecting the obvious. Truth hurts lipsrsealed
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by bennie1980(m): 8:40am On Nov 18, 2010
In as much as I expect the church to play a significant role in sentizising the populace about their civic responsibility, I do not subscribe to the idea of bringing religion into politics. Our respected Pastor should divert his energy to other spiritual needs.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naijaking1: 8:41am On Nov 18, 2010
Salym:

All these rantings about not voting for a Muslim will not take us anywhere, our leaders have the same tendency to steal and mismanage government in the whole of Nigeria. Im sure the worst looting governors are from the south so no one is spared with regards to bad governance.It's bettter if we begin to learn how to tolerate one another.

How do we tolerate each other?
By doing a Gideon Okah on them?
By denying christians the right to practice their own religionin places like Kano and Bauchi?
By imposing islamic rules on non-muslims?
By harassing people with sharia police?
By denying christians the opportunity to build churches?

You can preach' tolerance' whenever it's convinient, but in reality islam has no room for that word
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by kcng: 8:50am On Nov 18, 2010
obasanjo na muslim? i beg make we hear word
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by ayubam: 8:51am On Nov 18, 2010
Well, what do we say of a nation like DUBAI that is becoming a giant in Financial Market. Are they not Muslim? And if i might ask the pastor, Will he say people like IBB, Abacha, Atiku, Saraki, Gusau, Ciroma and a lot are true muslims,

What about the Xtian leaders scam in the last Bonke revival in Nigeria? Will that move Nigeria forward? I am a xtian and a true one really but I am disappointed when Pastors make such statements as this. Not all Pastors should talk about politics. There are Pastors, Teachers, Evangelist, Prophets and Apostles all for the equiping of the saints, but some have Governmental Anointing and should be left to guide the Christians on what to do. This comment is purely misguided and cannot be true because God is not only the God of Xtians but of muslims as well.

You cannot wish Ishmael away because God has also promised to bless him and he will leave among his brethren- Isaac, the child of promise. Xtians should wake up and be properly schooled in the scripture. What has the Pastors done in the banking sector? Have they not disgraced us all in the market place, Selah
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Jerjens: 8:55am On Nov 18, 2010
go ahead and slaughter ur selves
i wonder how much the pastor made from that event

very typical '[i]u never count your money when u'r sitting at the table
there be time enough to count em when the deed is done
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by hakanai(m): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2010
igbo boy:

Bush girl these people are neither muslim nor christian leaders. A christian leader would be adeboye, oritsejafor etc muslim leader would be sultan of sokoto, emir of kano, Boko haram leader etc.

In fact in most cases for the north their political leaders are their religious leaders also because over there they interwine religion and politics.

In the south far from it. No southern governor would ever fight for christian/bible based governance. NEVER, that is most likely in the North

I do think you are the bush man.do you mean to tell me that shekarau is an imam or Islamic scholar or Yaradua or Abacha.Oga me just shut up and listen to your deluded utterances carefully angry
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2010
Gbam. I hate Muslims to the bone. Ask me why if your dumb, a fool, retard or stup1d.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Olalimits(m): 9:22am On Nov 18, 2010
It  mustn't   be   about   religion   &   tribe  always   but   if   bad  gov.   Is   what   they   potray,then   it   should   be   worked   against.
The   issue   of   Naija   splitting   isn't   in   the   question!!!
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by hakanai(m): 9:28am On Nov 18, 2010
p
Demoladoc:

Because the pastor is a typical yoruba man period. undecided defending his own people and castigating others. angry
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by hercules07: 9:29am On Nov 18, 2010
I used to have a minimal amount of respect for the pastor, now that has vanished, the last time I checked Erastus na Christian, Cecilia na Christian, Obasanjo na Christian, have you seen Akala in church, the guy does more than pastors when he is in church. The guy should take his divisive message elsewhere jare. The religion you practise guides your personal life when it comes to governance, most of the guys throw away their religion. Buhari is less corrupt than all the Christian leaders we have had.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by hakanai(m): 9:40am On Nov 18, 2010
bennie1980:

In as much as I expect the church to play a significant role in sentizising the populace about their civic responsibility, I do not subscribe to the idea of bringing religion into politics. Our respected Pastor should divert his energy to other spiritual needs.

you mean our your respected pastor that is a religious bigot and tribal lunatic. shocked

REALITY101:

Gbam. I hate Muslims to the bone. Ask me why if your dumb, a fool, retard or stup1d.

won't ask why.but brother i hate you too!the feeling is mutual. winkdon't ask why only if you are a dumb ass.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2010
igbo boy:

Bush girl these people are neither muslim nor christian leaders. A christian leader would be adeboye, oritsejafor etc muslim leader would be sultan of sokoto, emir of kano, Boko haram leader etc.

In fact in most cases for the north their political leaders are their religious leaders also because over there they interwine religion and politics.

In the south far from it. No southern governor would ever fight for christian/bible based governance. NEVER, that is most likely in the North
City Man, we were talking about Christain Men/ Women in Governement Position. I cant even argue with u. You re clueless
naijaking1:

My point!
That's why christians in the north have somehow continued to be stepped-on by minority muslims. Christians are denied jobs, state positions from Nassarawa to Adamawa to Borno, and this is what the so-called northern christians are saying. grin
Let's see how turning the other cheek like a bubble-head will work in 2010 cool
Are u a Northern Christain Minority? I am, and i can tell you that we do not care about Christain Moslem, we re united in the fight against bad leaders, either christain or Moslem. A christain leader in Plateau was there for eight years without a single project. I am over 25, and till Gov jang became Governor, I have never seen a road being constructed in Jos. My house is on Zarai Road, if u had been in Jos before you will know the terrible state of the roads. Jos Crisis, is it not Christain and Moslem Leaders who have lost out of the political equation that keep fueling the fire so that they can call them and make them committe members. We have seen through thier tricks, no more divide and rule, Bad people are both Christains and Moslems
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by geerufus(m): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2010
ALL DIS XTIAN, MUSLIM WAHALA SEF DON TOO MUCH.
GHADDAFI DON GIVE US THE FINAL SOLUTION – DIVIDE THE COUNTRY .
LET MUSLIMS TAKE ONE SIDE OF THE DIVIDE AND XTIANS THE OTHER SIDE IF DAT WILL BRING PEACE. ABI?
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by fesse(f): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2010
Well i partiaylly agree with the pastor.

The truth is that an hausa/fulani muslim hates christians, southern muslims directly or indirectly. These guys are very lazy, loothers, criminals, cheats, wicked angry angry. They put their religion first in whatever they are doing.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Mesef1: 9:55am On Nov 18, 2010
I laugh at people who disclaim religious bigotry. It does exist in Nigeria and any sincere person will know.

We cannot over-emphasize the fact that the Hausa/Fulani muslims are the political bigwigs in Northern Nigeria and by extension the whole country Nigeria. It is not an accident that they are muslims and also politically relevant.

People who referenced Fashola as an exceptional muslim to justify the non-existence of religious bigotry are very ignorant of the hidden political qualifications for the office of the Governor of Lagos State. Tinubu once confirmed to the chagrin of many that Lagos cannot be governed by a xtian when he mentioned at a forum sometime duting his tenure as Governor that he is certain that he will not hand-over to a Christian. In case many do not know, the politics of the office of the Gorvernor of Lagos state is coloured by religion. From Epe to Ikorodu to Lagos Island etc where Lagos indigenes have their roots, majority are muslims and as their religion dictates, they should never allow a "Keferi" (i.e. non muslims like xtians) rule them. So as it is in Northern Nigeria, so also it is in Lagos State. Otedola happened to be an elected xtian Governor of Lagos State by proxy because Agbalajobi and Sarumi (both muslims) fought dirty and disintegrated their partyu SDP to the favour of Otedola's NRC.

We have only had an elected Christian President (OBJ) in Nigeria by what the Hausa/Fulani folks describe as a mistake that they forever regret. Christians should wake up and challenge this staus quo as Adefarasin has said. The time is ven now.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Abuse: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2010
Does this man called Drugs Pastor VOTE?
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by hakanai(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2010
aisha2:

City Man, we were talking about Christain Men/ Women in Governement Position. I cant even argue with u. You re cluelessAre u a Northern Christain Minority? I am, and i can tell you that we do not care about Christain Moslem, we re united in the fight against bad leaders, either christain or Moslem. A christain leader in Plateau was there for eight years without a single project. I am over 25, and till Gov jang became Governor, I have never seen a road being constructed in Jos. My house is on Zarai Road, if u had been in Jos before you will know the terrible state of the roads. Jos Crisis, is it not Christain and Moslem Leaders who have lost out of the political equation that keep fueling the fire so that they can call them and make them committe members. We have seen through thier tricks, no more divide and rule, Bad people are both Christains and Moslems

GBAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway / Buhari Departs Nigeria For Egypt / Gen Buratai Commends President Muhammadu Buhari For "Defeating Boko Haram"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.