Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah (6189 Views)

It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam / Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah / How To Sleep According To The Sunnah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Why not consult the holy Spirit? If the sons of God can come to sleep with daughters of men in Genesis 6... I think the Christian heaven is dull.

Is your Jesus the son of God among the sons of God in Genesis 6 above?
Does Jesus your God have sex organ? If yes, what for?

If the Son has sex organ can we say similar too for the father and the holy spirit too since Jesus said "I and my father are one''.
What am I even saying? The father gave birth to the son right? How?
The topic is sex in heaven.

Sorry you misunderstand the verse. The sons of God mentioned were talking about angels.

Where is your reference that the father gave birth to the son. Some people asked Jesus about marriage in heaven and he replied there is nothing like that in heaven.
In the heaven of Islam there is no mention of Allah the only things mentioned are women, young boys and wine, and this is fact you can't deny.
Best we stick to topics that there are references for and not go ranting.
All I mentioned about Mohammed are things in your Qur'an and hadith.
So defend your heaven cos as it sounds it's no different from a sex club, and this is supposed to be a place where Go lives
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:38am On Nov 25, 2019
fortran12:

Sorry you misunderstand the verse. The sons of God mentioned were talking about angels.

Where is your reference that the father gave birth to the son. Some people asked Jesus about marriage in heaven and he replied there is nothing like that in heaven.
In the heaven of Islam there is no mention of Allah the only things mentioned are women, young boys and wine, and this is fact you can't deny.
Best we stick to topics that there are references for and not go ranting.
All I mentioned about Mohammed are things in your Qur'an and hadith.
So defend your heaven cos as it sounds it's no different from a sex club, and this is supposed to be a place where Go lives

I rant not but stated the reality. We expect enjoyment in heaven and this includes sex. We do not only sing and praise the Lord like angels as in the Christian heaven. There's nothing wrong if I have many ladies in heaven since I avoided adultery here despite the temptations.

And I ask is it only sex you see available in the Muslim paradise?
Your Bible states that John wrote in John 3:16 that God gave his only begotten son...
Begotten means gotten by reproduction i.e. sex.

You still need to answer my questions.
Jesus is the only begotten son of God.
Is your Jesus the son of God among the sons of God in Genesis 6 above? He must be among since he's the only begotten.

If the Son has sex organ can we say similar too for the father and the holy spirit too since Jesus said "I and my father are one''.
What am I even saying? The father gave birth to the son right? How? Who is the wife? Mary? Since sons of God can sleep with daughters of men to born Giants, then father can do same to born Jesus right?
Begotten, begot.
beget
/bɪˈɡɛt/
verb LITERARY
(especially of a man) bring (a child) into existence by the process of reproduction.
"they hoped that the King might beget an heir by his new queen"
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 11:35am On Nov 25, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I rant not but stated the reality. We expect enjoyment in heaven and this includes sex. We do not only sing and praise the Lord like angels as in the Christian heaven. There's nothing wrong if I have many ladies in heaven since I avoided adultery here despite the temptations.

And I ask is it only sex you see available in the Muslim paradise?
Your Bible states that John wrote in John 3:16 that God gave his only begotten son...
Begotten means gotten by reproduction i.e. sex.

You still need to answer my questions.
Jesus is the only begotten son of God.
Is your Jesus the son of God among the sons of God in Genesis 6 above? He must be among since he's the only begotten.

What am I even saying? The father gave birth to the son right? How? Who is the wife? Mary? Since sons of God can sleep with daughters of men to born Giants, then father can do same to born Jesus right?
Begotten, begot.
beget
/bɪˈɡɛt/
verb LITERARY
(especially of a man) bring (a child) into existence by the process of reproduction.
"they hoped that the King might beget an heir by his new queen"
So you want to change topic after you cannot defend your heaven with sex and wine with no allah in view. A heaven where no mention of praise to allah exists cos he is not there, only sex with women and young boys and lots of wine, and the women will have 77 studs going through her too? or is the heaven only for men?
You ask if its only sex in the muslim paradise
tell me what else exists aside things people lust for. Since the muslims claim the God in the bible is the same as the one they serve, there is something wrong with mohammed's depiction of heaven. why will got forbid adultery on earth and allow in heaven , even with 77 virgins and young boys? Is the purpose of avoiding lusts on earth is to do them in heaven?
If you want to shift topic I will, but answer the questions i posed.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2019
fortran12:

So you want to change topic after you cannot defend your heaven with sex and wine with no allah in view. A heaven where no mention of praise to allah exists cos he is not there, only sex with women and young boys and lots of wine, and the women will have 77 studs going through her too? or is the heaven only for men?
You ask if its only sex in the muslim paradise
tell me what else exists aside things people lust for. Since the muslims claim the God in the bible is the same as the one they serve, there is something wrong with mohammed's depiction of heaven. why will got forbid adultery on earth and allow in heaven , even with 77 virgins and young boys? Is the purpose of avoiding lusts on earth is to do them in heaven?
If you want to shift topic I will, but answer the questions i posed.

OK let me answer before we continue with our rant about the begotten son...

Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said:

"The inhabitants of Jannah will eat and drink therein, but they will not have to pass excrement, to blow their noses or to urinate. Their food will be digested producing belch which will give out a smell like that of musk. They will be inspired to declare the freedom of Allah from imperfection and proclaim His Greatness as easily as you breathe."
Muslim

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: 'I have prepared for my righteous slaves what no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and the mind of no man has conceived.' If you wish, recite:
'No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.' "
Al-Bukhari and Muslim, the ayah recited is Al-Qur'an 32:17

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, also reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said:

"The first group (of people) to enter Jannah will be shining like the moon on a full-moon night. Then will come those who follow them who will be like the most shining planet in the sky. They will not stand in need of urinating or relieving of nature or of spitting or blowing their noses. Their combs will be of gold and their sweat will smell like musk; in their censers the aloes-wood will be used. Their wives will be large eyed maidens. All men will be alike in the form of their father 'Adam, sixty cubits tall."
Another narration is that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said, "Their utensils will be of gold, their perspiration will smell like musk; everyone of them will have two wives; the marrow of the bones of the wives' legs will be seen through the flesh out of excessive beauty. They (i.e., the people of Jannah) will neither have difference, nor enmity (hatred) amongst themselves; their hearts will be as if one heart, and they will be glorifying Allah in the morning and in the afternoon." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

The least person in Paradise

'Abdullah bin Mas'ud, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said:
"I know of the last of the inhabitants of the Hell to be taken out from there and the last one to enter Jannah. He is a man who will come out of the Fire, crawling on all fours. Allah, the Rabb of glory and honour will say to him: 'Go and enter Jannah.' He will go to it and think that it is full up. He will then come back and say: 'O my Rabb, it is full up.' Allah will say to him: 'Go and enter Jannah.' He will again go to it and think that it is full up. So he will turn back. Allah will again say: 'Go and enter Jannah. For you have what is equal to ten times the world.' He will say: 'Are You making fun of me while You are the King?" At this I (i.e., the narrator) saw the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, laugh till his premolars were visible and he said, "Such man will be the last dweller of Jannah in its lowest rank."
Al-Bukhari and Muslim

And there are many more narrations!
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

OK let me answer before we continue with our rant about the begotten son...

Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said:

"The inhabitants of Jannah will eat and drink therein, but they will not have to pass excrement, to blow their noses or to urinate. Their food will be digested producing belch which will give out a smell like that of musk. They will be inspired to declare the freedom of Allah from imperfection and proclaim His Greatness as easily as you breathe."
Muslim

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: 'I have prepared for my righteous slaves what no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and the mind of no man has conceived.' If you wish, recite:
'No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.' "
Al-Bukhari and Muslim, the ayah recited is Al-Qur'an 32:17

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, also reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said:

"The first group (of people) to enter Jannah will be shining like the moon on a full-moon night. Then will come those who follow them who will be like the most shining planet in the sky. They will not stand in need of urinating or relieving of nature or of spitting or blowing their noses. Their combs will be of gold and their sweat will smell like musk; in their censers the aloes-wood will be used. Their wives will be large eyed maidens. All men will be alike in the form of their father 'Adam, sixty cubits tall."
Another narration is that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said, "Their utensils will be of gold, their perspiration will smell like musk; everyone of them will have two wives; the marrow of the bones of the wives' legs will be seen through the flesh out of excessive beauty. They (i.e., the people of Jannah) will neither have difference, nor enmity (hatred) amongst themselves; their hearts will be as if one heart, and they will be glorifying Allah in the morning and in the afternoon." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

The least person in Paradise

'Abdullah bin Mas'ud, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, said:
"I know of the last of the inhabitants of the Hell to be taken out from there and the last one to enter Jannah. He is a man who will come out of the Fire, crawling on all fours. Allah, the Rabb of glory and honour will say to him: 'Go and enter Jannah.' He will go to it and think that it is full up. He will then come back and say: 'O my Rabb, it is full up.' Allah will say to him: 'Go and enter Jannah.' He will again go to it and think that it is full up. So he will turn back. Allah will again say: 'Go and enter Jannah. For you have what is equal to ten times the world.' He will say: 'Are You making fun of me while You are the King?" At this I (i.e., the narrator) saw the Messenger of Allah, may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him, laugh till his premolars were visible and he said, "Such man will be the last dweller of Jannah in its lowest rank."
Al-Bukhari and Muslim

And there are many more narrations!

So you agree that the heavenly heaven is filled with songs, golden apparel and sex. Looks like a sex club to me. You still havnt answered about the women.
You think you have a point about Jesus being begotten.
The the Greek word is monogenēs and that the Greek word does not mean "begotten" in the sense we beget children but means "having no peer, unique". So hope that answers your question.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:26am On Nov 26, 2019
fortran12:

So you agree that the heavenly heaven is filled with songs, golden apparel and sex. Looks like a sex club to me. You still havnt answered about the women.
You think you have a point about Jesus being begotten.
The the Greek word is monogenēs and that the Greek word does not mean "begotten" in the sense we beget children but means "having no peer, unique". So hope that answers your question.
Where do you see songs in my comments? A sex club has no enjoyment whatsoever except sins upon sin. You are mistaken and just clutching upon straws. The only thing you know about the Muslim heaven is sex. You are obsessed with that.
Life in paradise is eternal enjoyment and we finally will be able to see Allah our creator! Seeing Allah is the greatest honour that we can have.

I even quoted the hadith that said the least person in paradise will have like 10 times of what is in this world. But all you see is sex!
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
So you Christians lied to billions that Jesus is the begotten son of God? How many other lies would be in that Book of yours?

Here is John 3:16 in 29 different translations 14 used "begotten son", 1 one used "unique son", 7 used "One & Only son" and like 7 used "only son".

But you said:
The the Greek word is monogenēs and that the Greek word does not mean "begotten" in the sense we beget children but means "having no peer, unique".

So obviously 14 translations out of these 29 translations are wrong! Thanks for pointing out this deceit.

1.New International Version
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

2.New Living Translation
“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

3.English Standard Version
“For God so loved the world, that he gave[b] his only Son[/b], that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

4.Berean Study Bible
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

5.Berean Literal Bible
For God so loved the world that He gave the only begotten Son, so that everyone believing in Him should not perish, but should have eternal life.

6.New American Standard Bible
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

7.New King James Version
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

8.King James Bible
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

9.Christian Standard Bible
For God loved the world in this way: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

10.Contemporary English Version
God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die.

11.Good News Translation
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life.

12.Holman Christian Standard Bible
"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

13.International Standard Version
"For this is how God loved the world: He gave his unique Son so that everyone who believes in him might not be lost but have eternal life.

14.NET Bible
For this is the way God loved the world: He gave[b] his one and only Son[/b], so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

15.New Heart English Bible
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life.

16.Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For God loved the world in this way: so much that he would give up his Son, The Only One, so that everyone who trusts in him shall not be lost, but he shall have eternal life.

17.GOD'S WORD® Translation
God loved the world this way: He gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.

18.New American Standard 1977
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

19.Jubilee Bible 2000
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

20.King James 2000 Bible
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

21.American King James Version
For God so loved the world, that he gave[b] his only begotten Son[/b], that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

22.American Standard Version
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

23.Douay-Rheims Bible
For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting.

24.Darby Bible Translation
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.

25.English Revised Version
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

26.Webster's Bible Translation
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

27.Weymouth New Testament
For so greatly did God love the world that He gave His only Son, that every one who trusts in Him may not perish but may have the Life of Ages.

28.World English Bible
For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

29.Young's Literal Translation
for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

fortran12
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 9:07am On Nov 26, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Where do you see songs in my comments? A sex club has no enjoyment whatsoever except sins upon sin. You are mistaken and just clutching upon straws.
Life in paradise is eternal enjoyment and we finally will be able to see Allah our creator!

So you Christians lied to billions that Jesus is the begotten son of God? How many other lies would be in that Book of yours?
You still haven't answered my questions.

There is no where in your quran saying you will see allah in your sexual heaven, its mostly about sexual pleasure , dresses etc. so its no different from a sex club. A sex club has drinks, sex with whomever, all these are present in your heaven. Answer my question about the women, will they have 77 men enter them?

You trying to play a quick one about Jesus being the begotten of God. Christians know Jesus is the son of God, he is begotten means he is first and peerless just like Colossians 1:15-17 -

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

So there is no lie.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:22am On Nov 26, 2019
fortran12:

There is no where in your quran saying you will see allah in your sexual heaven, its mostly about sexual pleasure , dresses etc. so its no different from a sex club. A sex club has drinks, sex with whomever, all these are present in your heaven. Answer my question about the women, will they have 77 men enter them?

Where in the Qur'an did you see 77 in the first place?

fortran12:

You trying to play a quick one about Jesus being the begotten of God. Christians know Jesus is the son of God, he is begotten means he is first and peerless just like Colossians 1:15-17 -

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

So there is no lie.

I have edited the previous post you should reply to your John 3:16 bible lie.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 9:59am On Nov 26, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Where in the Qur'an did you see 77 in the first place?

I have edited the previous post you should reply to your John 3:16 bible lie.

Just seen

I dont see whats wrong

John 3 vs 16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God sends his only begotten (unique and peerless ) son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

so what us wrong with the quote?

the point is God sends his son who is the only one.
But in yr quran allah thinks its only by sex Jesus could have come

Had We intended to take a pastime (i.e. a wife or a son, etc.), We could surely have taken it from Us, if We were going to do (that). Sura Verse (21:17). So a problem in the quran again, how many of allah exist, who is included the among us?
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
fortran12:

Just seen

I dont see whats wrong

John 3 vs 16

God sends his only begotten (unique and peerless ) son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

so what us wrong with the quote?

the point is God sends his son who is the only one.
But in yr quran allah thinks its only by sex Jesus could have come

Had We intended to take a pastime (i.e. a wife or a son, etc.), We could surely have taken it from Us, if We were going to do (that). Sura Verse (21:17). So a problem in the quran again, how many of allah exist, who is included the among us?

Oga Sir! There's a big difference.

Unique is different from one and only.
And begotten means gotten from sex.
One of the cornerstone of Christianity is John 3:16 and was interpreted 14 times as begotten. So many people with those 14 translations of the Bible would remain deceived till date.
Begotten is not the same as unique/peerless!

Our Qur'an is just asking you the simple questions:
Why does your God need a son? Isn't He able to do all things on His own?
Allah is one of cos! The Plurals I, We have been used by Allah throughout the Qur'an and is not new in Arabic language.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Oga Sir! There's a big difference.

Unique is different from one and only.
And begotten means gotten from sex.
One of the cornerstone of Christianity is John 3:16 and was interpreted 14 times as begotten. So many people with those 14 translations of the Bible would remain deceived till date.
Begotten is not the same as unique/peerless!

Our Qur'an is just asking you the simple questions:
Why does your God need a son? Isn't He able to do all things on His own?
Allah is one of cos! The Plurals I, We have been used by Allah throughout the Qur'an and is not new in Arabic language.
Sorry begotten is not only gotten from sex. The bible was not written in English that portion was written in Greek and the word means unique and peerless, in English begotten can be used. So try again.

So Allah is one and he used the word us? Islam cannot redefine Arabic. There is no such thing in Arabic as using I and we for one person. The person that wrote the Qur'an shifts from 1 to 2nd and even 3rd person and its confusing, saying things like "it is he"( Allah) and Allah is the one taking
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
fortran12:

Sorry begotten is not only gotten from sex. The bible was not written in English that portion was written in Greek and the word means unique and peerless, in English begotten can be used. So try again.
Stop the confusion!
Why was monogenes translated as begotten instead of unique/peerless? And this is still present in over 13 translations of the Bible!

fortran12:
So Allah is one and he used the word us? Islam cannot redefine Arabic. There is no such thing in Arabic as using I and we for one person. The person that wrote the Qur'an shifts from 1 to 2nd and even 3rd person and its confusing, saying things like "it is he"( Allah) and Allah is the one taking

This is even common in Yoruba wherein one can refer to oneself as "we". And mind you,
The Qur’aan was revealed in the language of the Arabs, and in Arabic it is as correct to use the plural when speaking of one person as it is to use the singular. But the plural is used for respect and glorification, and no one is more deserving of respect and glorification than Allaah. So the singular is used to affirm the fact that He is One and has no partner or associate, and the plural is used to affirm His glory and majesty, may He be exalted.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Stop the confusion!
Why was monogenes translated as begotten instead of unique/peerless? And this is still present in over 13 translations of the Bible!

This is even common in Yoruba wherein one can refer to oneself as "we". And mind you,
The Qur’aan was revealed in the language of the Arabs, and in Arabic it is as correct to use the plural when speaking of one person as it is to use the singular. But the plural is used for respect and glorification, and no one is more deserving of respect and glorification than Allaah. So the singular is used to affirm the fact that He is One and has no partner or associate, and the plural is used to affirm His glory and majesty, may He be exalted.

Are you the one to teach me my bible?

Monogenes has two primary definitions, "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship" and "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind". Thus monogenēs (μονογενής) may be used both as an adjective monogenēs pais, meaning unique and special.

That's the meaning
Here is from the bible reference

Strong's Concordance
monogenés: only begotten
Original Word: μονογενής, ές
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: monogenés
Phonetic Spelling: (mon-og-en-ace')
Definition: only begotten
Usage: only, only-begotten; unique.
HELPS Word-studies
3439 monogenḗs (from 3411 /misthōtós, "one-and-only" and 1085 /génos, "offspring, stock"wink – properly, one-and-only; "one of a kind" – literally, "one (monos) of a class, genos" (the only of its kind).

And about your Allah not knowing about 1 or 2nd person singular . the portion says its is he who and its Allah talking. There is nothing like what you mentioned above in Arabic grammar, only tenses for male and female. What u wrote up there is like whn u claimed it was customary to rape victims of war during mohammed's time and you were busted.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2019
fortran12:

Are you the one to teach me my bible?

Monogenes has two primary definitions, "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship" and "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind". Thus monogenēs (μονογενής) may be used both as an adjective monogenēs pais, meaning unique and special.

That's the meaning
Here is from the bible reference

Strong's Concordance
monogenés: only begotten
Original Word: μονογενής, ές
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: monogenés
Phonetic Spelling: (mon-og-en-ace')
Definition: only begotten
Usage: only, only-begotten; unique.
HELPS Word-studies
3439 monogenḗs (from 3411 /misthōtós, "one-and-only" and 1085 /génos, "offspring, stock"wink – properly, one-and-only; "one of a kind" – literally, "one (monos) of a class, genos" (the only of its kind).

Of cos i can teach you your Bible. It's all about reading your collection of Books. You still don't understand my claim here.
In your Bible, monogenes was used to refer to the relationship between Isaac and Abraham. Your Bible claims Isaac is the Unique/begotten/one & only son of Abraham as against Ishmael who was slave-born and unapproved by your God.
Abraham born Isaac by copulation with Sarah. (monogenes)
Father Born Jesus too (monogenes)
Luke 7:12 "her only son (o monogenes uios)" born by copulation
Luke 8:42 "only daughter (e monogenes thugater)" born by copulation
Luke 9:38 "only son (o monogenes uios)" born by copulation
Psalm 25:16 "I am an only child (monogenes) and poor."
Judges 11:34 "she was his (i.e. Jephtha's) only child (e monogenes, female)"

Monogenes would mean child born through sex when the person is human but when it is Jesus then monogenes would be different right?

You can request for more examples of monogenes that means child by copulation in your Bible.

fortran12:

And about your Allah not knowing about 1 or 2nd person singular . the portion says its is he who and its Allah talking. There is nothing like what you mentioned above in Arabic grammar, only tenses for male and female. What u wrote up there is like whn u claimed it was customary to rape victims of war during mohammed's time and you were busted.

This is well know in Islam. You are clutching at straws as usual.

Tell any Yoruba man to interprete the following:

1. I am talking to you (to an elder). = (Eyin ni mon ba soro)
2. I am talking to you (to a group of people). ( Eyin ni mon ba soro)

The grammar of respect exists in Arabic and even in Yoruba too. Do your research, ask around and stop being ignorant.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 11:22am On Nov 27, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Stop the confusion!

Rashduct4luv:

Of cos i can teach you your Bible. It's all about reading your collection of Books. You still don't understand my claim here.
In your Bible, monogenes was used to refer to the relationship between Isaac and Abraham. Your Bible claims Isaac is the Unique/begotten/one & only son of Abraham as against Ishmael who was slave-born and unapproved by your God.
Abraham born Isaac by copulation with Sarah. (monogenes)
Father Born Jesus too (monogenes)
Luke 7:12 "her only son (o monogenes uios)" born by copulation
Luke 8:42 "only daughter (e monogenes thugater)" born by copulation
Luke 9:38 "only son (o monogenes uios)" born by copulation
Psalm 25:16 "I am an only child (monogenes) and poor."
Judges 11:34 "she was his (i.e. Jephtha's) only child (e monogenes, female)"

Monogenes would mean child born through sex when the person is human but when it is Jesus then monogenes would be different right?

You can request for more examples of monogenes that means child by copulation in your Bible.

This is well know in Islam. You are clutching at straws as usual.

Tell any Yoruba man to interprete the following:

1. I am talking to you (to an elder). = (Eyin ni mon ba soro)
2. I am talking to you (to a group of people). ( Eyin ni mon ba soro)

The grammar of respect exists in Arabic and even in Yoruba too. Do your research, ask around and stop being ignorant.

I just showed you what the word means, so go argue with the scholars, it is a word with several meanings depending on context but you choose to ignore the refernce i put , instead you speak as if what i wrote above is wrong. so in Ps 27 vs 2, You are my Son; today I have begotten you , did it mean God gave birth to David that day after he was already a man? . There fore the word's usage depends on the context. Stop playing games.

About your allah refering to himself as He, I am not speaking of Yoruba etc, I know all that about respect and the usage of the word you as if its plural. in your book, allah is refering to himself as US, HE
Had we intend to take a diversion we could have taken it from Us - Sura 21 vs 17. So in this case who is the US, dont tell me its majestic plural cos we is clearly speaking about several people. If he wanted to take a woman he would have taken from US
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
fortran12:

I just showed you what the word means, so go argue with the scholars, it is a word with several meanings depending on context but you choose to ignore the refernce i put , instead you speak as if what i wrote above is wrong. so in Ps 27 vs 2, You are my Son; today I have begotten you , did it mean God gave birth to David that day after he was already a man? . There fore the word's usage depends on the context. Stop playing games.

No games here. This is simple logic. Monogenes was used several times in the Bible and majority of it (over 90%) involved copulation. You can't change the meaning of a word just because Jesus is involved. The relationship between Jesus and the father is just like the other relationships that used monogenes! Begotten means born through copulation.
The other possibility is that monogenes is only used for men. Then Jesus is only a man just as David was a man. And then the son of God relationship is only figurative and not literal.

fortran12:

About your allah refering to himself as He, I am not speaking of Yoruba etc, I know all that about respect and the usage of the word you as if its plural. in your book, allah is refering to himself as US, HE
Had we intend to take a diversion we could have taken it from Us - Sura 21 vs 17. So in this case who is the US, dont tell me its majestic plural cos we is clearly speaking about several people. If he wanted to take a woman he would have taken from US
Of cos it's still the same pronoun of glorification! Allah uses that for Himself as He wills.
Qur'an 112

Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,

Allah, the Eternal Refuge.

He neither begets nor is born,

Nor is there to Him any equivalent."
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 6:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

No games here. This is simple logic. Monogenes was used several times in the Bible and majority of it (over 90%) involved copulation. You can't change the meaning of a word just because Jesus is involved. The relationship between Jesus and the father is just like the other relationships that used monogenes! Begotten means born through copulation.
The other possibility is that monogenes is only used for men. Then Jesus is only a man just as David was a man. And then the son of God relationship is only figurative and not literal.

Of cos it's still the same pronoun of glorification! Allah uses that for Himself as He wills.
Qur'an 112

Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,

Allah, the Eternal Refuge.

He neither begets nor is born,

Nor is there to Him any equivalent."
I just quoted psalms and the portion was involving David. A word can mean several things depending on context. The word rap means more than just to talk fast. The word
monogenes also means unique in Greek. So according to you a word must have just one meaning? Even the word diversion I used in the quranic text I quoted did not mean Allah is a road construction worker diverting traffic. Words have more than one meaning so you have no case here.

And now about the verse I quoted for you. It says Allah will chose a woman from us. Who is among the us?. Let me rephrase the statement, if Allah wills he will chose a woman from his kind. So who and who are Allah's kind. I thought Allah is one.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2019
fortran12:

I just quoted psalms and the portion was involving David. A word can mean several things depending on context. The word rap means more than just to talk fast. The word
monogenes also means unique in Greek. So according to you a word must have just one meaning? Even the word diversion I used in the quranic text I quoted did not mean Allah is a road construction worker diverting traffic. Words have more than one meaning so you have no case here.
Monogenes means begotten which is sexual. It also mean pearless, unique, one and only. It was used so many times for many humans and Jesus. It was never used for the father and holy spirit.
This clearly means Jesus is human.
Who determine the context of the Bible?
They can interprete it as having one meaning when it comes to Jesus but when it comes to others it's another thing.
The Greek/Hebrew manuscript has no context, no commas, no small/ big God so tell us who determines the context?

fortran12:

And now about the verse I quoted for you. It says Allah will chose a woman from us. Who is among the us?. Let me rephrase the statement, if Allah wills he will chose a woman from his kind. So who and who are Allah's kind. I thought Allah is one.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is a feature of literary style in Arabic that a person may refer to himself by the pronoun nahnu (we) for respect or glorification. He may also use the word ana (I), indicating one person, or the third person huwa (he). All three styles are used in the Qur’an, where Allaah addresses the Arabs in their own tongue.
(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 4/143).

“Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, sometimes refers to Himself in the singular, by name or by use of a pronoun, and sometimes by use of the plural, as in the phrase (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, We have given you a manifest victory” [al-Fath 48:1], and other similar phrases. But Allaah never refers to Himself by use of the dual, because the plural refers to the respect that He deserves, and may refer to His names and attributes, whereas the dual refers to a specific number (and nothing else), and He is far above that.”
(Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 75).

These words, innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), and other forms of the plural, may be used by one person speaking on behalf of a group, or they may be used by one person for purposes of respect or glorification, as is done by some monarchs when they issue statements or decrees in which they say “We have decided…” etc. [This is known in English as “The Royal We” – Translator]. In such cases, only one person is speaking but the plural is used for respect. The One Who is more deserving of respect than any other is Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, so when He says in the Qur’an innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), it is for respect and glorification, not to indicate plurality of numbers. If an aayah of this type is causing confusion, it is essential to refer to the clear, unambiguous aayaat for clarification, and if a Christian, for example, insists on taking ayaat such as “Verily, We: it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e., the Qur’an)” [al-Hijr 15:9 – interpretation of the meaning] as proof of divine plurality, we may refute this claim by quoting such clear and unambiguous aayaat as (interpretation of the meanings): “And your god is One God, there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful” [al-Baqarah 2:163] and “Say: He is Allaah, the One” [al-Ikhlaas 112:1] – and other aayaat which can only be interpreted in one way. Thus confusion will be dispelled for the one who is seeking the truth. Every time Allaah uses the plural to refer to Himself, it is based on the respect and honour that He deserves, and on the great number of His names and attributes, and on the great number of His troops and angels.”
(Reference: Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 109). And Allaah knows best.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 11:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Monogenes means begotten which is sexual. It also mean pearless, unique, one and only. It was used so many times for many humans and Jesus. It was never used for the father and holy spirit.
This clearly means Jesus is human.
Who determine the context of the Bible?
They can interprete it as having one meaning when it comes to Jesus but when it comes to others it's another thing.
The Greek/Hebrew manuscript has no context, no commas, no small/ big God so tell us who determines the context?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is a feature of literary style in Arabic that a person may refer to himself by the pronoun nahnu (we) for respect or glorification. He may also use the word ana (I), indicating one person, or the third person huwa (he). All three styles are used in the Qur’an, where Allaah addresses the Arabs in their own tongue.
(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 4/143).

“Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, sometimes refers to Himself in the singular, by name or by use of a pronoun, and sometimes by use of the plural, as in the phrase (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, We have given you a manifest victory” [al-Fath 48:1], and other similar phrases. But Allaah never refers to Himself by use of the dual, because the plural refers to the respect that He deserves, and may refer to His names and attributes, whereas the dual refers to a specific number (and nothing else), and He is far above that.”
(Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 75).

These words, innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), and other forms of the plural, may be used by one person speaking on behalf of a group, or they may be used by one person for purposes of respect or glorification, as is done by some monarchs when they issue statements or decrees in which they say “We have decided…” etc. [This is known in English as “The Royal We” – Translator]. In such cases, only one person is speaking but the plural is used for respect. The One Who is more deserving of respect than any other is Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, so when He says in the Qur’an innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), it is for respect and glorification, not to indicate plurality of numbers. If an aayah of this type is causing confusion, it is essential to refer to the clear, unambiguous aayaat for clarification, and if a Christian, for example, insists on taking ayaat such as “Verily, We: it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e., the Qur’an)” [al-Hijr 15:9 – interpretation of the meaning] as proof of divine plurality, we may refute this claim by quoting such clear and unambiguous aayaat as (interpretation of the meanings): “And your god is One God, there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful” [al-Baqarah 2:163] and “Say: He is Allaah, the One” [al-Ikhlaas 112:1] – and other aayaat which can only be interpreted in one way. Thus confusion will be dispelled for the one who is seeking the truth. Every time Allaah uses the plural to refer to Himself, it is based on the respect and honour that He deserves, and on the great number of His names and attributes, and on the great number of His troops and angels.”
(Reference: Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 109). And Allaah knows best.

You are trying to trick me into accpeting your context of begotten so you can now ask how can God give birth etc, sorry, the meaning in that context is peerless, in the verse i sent you, the meaning and context is peerless that is what is in the biblical reference, Strong's concordance so why should i be giving my own meaning when the reference text says its peerless.

Now about your allah saying "choose among us", the point I am making is once he said the word CHOOSE, it means there is a choice and there is more than ONE. so in that case CHOOSE among US, who and who constitutes the US? who and who make up the option for choice? let me see how you will wriggle out of this clear mistake.
All you have been showing me is how Allah is one, the majestic plural, how he praises himself etc, all i ask is a simple question i am waiting for your answer.

So from conversing with you, we have agreed that the Islamic paradise is filled with wine and sex , Mohammed forcefully slept with Sophia after killing fer family members. What a nice picture you are painting for me about Islam.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:18am On Nov 28, 2019
fortran12:

You are trying to trick me into accpeting your context of begotten so you can now ask how can God give birth etc, sorry, the meaning in that context is peerless, in the verse i sent you, the meaning and context is peerless that is what is in the biblical reference, Strong's concordance so why should i be giving my own meaning when the reference text says its peerless.

Why would i trick you? Just stating the obvious. Who/what determines the Bible contexts of the discussion?

fortran12:

Now about your allah saying "choose among us", the point I am making is once he said the word CHOOSE, it means there is a choice and there is more than ONE. so in that case CHOOSE among US, who and who constitutes the US? who and who make up the option for choice? let me see how you will wriggle out of this clear mistake.
All you have been showing me is how Allah is one, the majestic plural, how he praises himself etc, all i ask is a simple question i am waiting for your answer.

So from conversing with you, we have agreed that the Islamic paradise is filled with wine and sex , Mohammed forcefully slept with Sophia after killing fer family members. What a nice picture you are painting for me about Islam.

Nice diversion tactics ehn! No be Sophia na Safiyya! Ordinary wikipedia is even knowledgeable than you in this regard Read and be enlightened https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safiyya_bint_Huyayy

On your question with Allah using Us i got got the wind of what you are saying now. It is not a mistake and wriggling out of it is easy.
I have already proved Allah is one.

Then Allah revealed the following, when they said that the angels are Allah's daughters: (If We had wished to find a pastime) if We wished to have daughters; and it is said that this means: if We wished to have a wife; and it is also said that this means: if We wished to have children, (We could have found it in Our presence) from Us from among the maidens of Paradise (if We ever did) and We will never do this.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by AbuTwins: 7:57am On Nov 29, 2019
Please stop all these derailing of the topic.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by OfficialAPCNig: 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Why not consult the holy Spirit? If the sons of God can come to sleep with daughters of men in Genesis 6... I think the Christian heaven is dull.

Is your Jesus the son of God among the sons of God in Genesis 6 above?

What am I even saying? The father gave birth to the son right? How?
The topic is sex in heaven.
You are still far away. Christianity is too advanced for you guys.

Imagine justifying sex in heaven. No wonder an average moslem is a pervert

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:11am On Dec 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

You are still far away. Christianity is too advanced for you guys.

Imagine justifying sex in heaven. No wonder an average moslem is a pervert

Even the sons of God that your three Gods couldn't manage rebelled and left heaven for the same sex on Earth!
Advanced Christianity my foot! An average Muslim is a pervert and an average Christian is a saint right?
Better face your APC politics...
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by OfficialAPCNig: 10:45am On Dec 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Even the sons of God that your three Gods couldn't manage rebelled and left heaven for the same sex on Earth!
Advanced Christianity my foot! An average Muslim is a pervert and an average Christian is a saint right?
Better face your APC politics...
Don't kill yourself over a glaring truth. An average moslem is a pervert.

Starting from mohammed who conferred on himself prophethood without meeting the criteria.

My challenge still stands, if you list 360 pre-islamic meccan idols without allahu I will convert.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Don't kill yourself over a glaring truth. An average moslem is a pervert.

Starting from mohammed who conferred on himself prophethood without meeting the criteria.

My challenge still stands, if you list 360 pre-islamic meccan idols without allahu I will convert.

Don't kill yourself over a glaring truth. An average Christian is a hypocrite.
Every unexplainable phenomenon is a mystery.
The holy spirit that was nowhere to be found when Jesus was asked about the hour.

Starting from your three Gods who couldn't control their sons letting them rebel and come to have sex with humans till your gods who sanctioned saving young girls for men.
I am pleased with Allah as my Lord and with Islam as my religion and with Muhammad as my Prophet. Muhammad doesn't need to satisfy your own form of prophethood just as Jesus doesn't satisfy any criteria to be a God.
God doesn't die, suck breast milk, need protection from evil, get circumcised, etc.

There's nothing that can make me associate partners with Allah, leaving one God to start worshipping three gods in one. Wherein one
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by OfficialAPCNig: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Don't kill yourself over a glaring truth. An average Christian is a hypocrite.
Every unexplainable phenomenon is a mystery.
The holy spirit that was nowhere to be found when Jesus was asked about the hour.

Starting from your three Gods who couldn't control their sons letting them rebel and come to have sex with humans till your gods who sanctioned saving young girls for men.
I am pleased with Allah as my Lord and with Islam as my religion and with Muhammad as my Prophet. Muhammad doesn't need to satisfy your own form of prophethood just as Jesus doesn't satisfy any criteria to be a God.
God doesn't die, suck breast milk, need protection from evil, get circumcised, etc.

There's nothing that can make me associate partners with Allah, leaving one God to start worshipping three gods in one. Wherein one
Like I said, Christianity is too hard for you guys to understand. Both your illiterate prophet and the Zayad that compiled your koran after 20 years of mohammed's death are both olodo

List the 360 pre-islamic idols of Meccan and I will convert if allahu is not there
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:18am On Dec 02, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Like I said, Christianity is too hard for you guys to understand. Both your illiterate prophet and the Zayad that compiled your koran after 20 years of mohammed's death are both olodo

List the 360 pre-islamic idols of Meccan and I will convert if allahu is not there

Who is Zayad?

Christianity is hard for unbelievers like us so how come Jesus wined and dinned with sinners in the Bible?

Our Prophet is unlettered cos you don't even know the meaning of illiteracy!

God doesn't die, weep, suck breast milk, need protection from evil, get circumcised, etc.
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 11:28am On Dec 04, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Who is Zayad?

Christianity is hard for unbelievers like us so how come Jesus wined and dinned with sinners in the Bible?

Our Prophet is unlettered cos you don't even know the meaning of illiteracy!

God doesn't die, weep, suck breast milk, need protection from evil, get circumcised, etc.
Mohammed was literate at least semi- literate, if he was illiterate how did he succeed as a merchant?
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
fortran12:

Mohammed was literate at least semi- literate, if he was illiterate how did he succeed as a merchant?

Unlettered : poorly educated or illiterate.

I think you must have come about many people without education or poorly educated that transact business locally.

Examples
Petty traders
Market women
Local Farmers
Cattle Herdsmen
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by fortran12: 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Unlettered : poorly educated or illiterate.

I think you must have come about many people without education or poorly educated that transact business locally.

Examples
Petty traders
Market women
Local Farmers
Cattle Herdsmen

I'd stick with poorly educated
Re: Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
fortran12:

I'd stick with poorly educated

So which school did he attend? And who were his teachers?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam Ruling On Selling Gas / Eid Ul Adha: When Is The Time For Udhiyah (sacrifice)? / Story Of Prophet Yusuf (as) From The Quran.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.