Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM (3439 Views)

Poll: What Will Be The Outcome Of This Match?

Sharks Will Win: 41% (7 votes)
A Draw: 35% (6 votes)
Dolphins Will Win: 23% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

NPFL: Warri Wolves Vs Dolphins (1 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / NPFL( Double Header)- Dolphins Vs Nasarawa 2pm & Sharks Vs W. Wolves 4pm( Today) / Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by johndavid1(m): 11:07am On Nov 20, 2010
Shoolar:

Who no know say SHARK go swallow DOLPHIN before! Joke apart, sharks fc will surely win dis match, bcoz in NPL na team wey dey for their home win d game while d away team will lose or draw. Na TRUE WORD my brother!!!
Up Dolphines
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by mutw(m): 11:08am On Nov 20, 2010
D-sense:

@topic
who watches the nigerian premier league ? tongue

why can't we Nigerians package our God's giving talents. Must we remain subservient to others. Economically, we are slaves, Politically, we are slaves, Ideologically we are slaveS, everything why? Entertainment in Nigeria remains at its peak because it is well packaged. Lets buid a home where all these would be declared a personal non grata. AFRICANS, CHANGE
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by honeric01(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2010
Both of them are technically at home so i don't see any home advantage.

AMAECHI VS ODILI

Let the game begins cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by medjai(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2010
0-0 Halftime. I just joined the game, its been raining terribly
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by honeric01(m): 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2010
Whats the scoreline guys?
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by semid4lyfe(m): 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2010
honeric01:

Whats the scoreline guys?

The match ended 1 nil in favour of Sharks.

BTW, Kwara United also beat Kano Pillars by the same margin.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by ow11(m): 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2010
As I suspected,the game had suspicions of collaboration. . .for close to 10mins in the 2nd half, Sharks had the ball and were running around like in a training session and the dolphin players although losing couldn't be bothered to fight for the ball. . . .I am glad my team picked up the points on the day but in truth it was a borefest and I regret spending my N100 on this. . . .

The artificial pitch made the game a bit more pleasing and the dolphin supporters no let me hear word. . . .will post pictures soon. . .
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by semid4lyfe(m): 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2010
ow11:

As I suspected,the game had suspicions of collaboration. . .for close to 10mins in the 2nd half, Sharks had the ball and were running around like in a training session and the dolphin players although losing couldn't be bothered to fight for the ball. . . .I am glad my team picked up the points on the day but in truth it was a borefest and I regret spending my N100 on this. . . .

The artificial pitch made the game a bit more pleasing and the dolphin supporters no let me hear word. . . .will post pictures soon. . .

So you watched the match LIVE at the stadium?. . .NICE!

It's what I would have done too were I in PH.

Lets see the pics. . . .
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by medjai(m): 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2010
The veteran Victor Ezeji did just enough to hand Sharks victory
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by honeric01(m): 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2010
semid4lyfe:

The match ended 1 nil in favour of Sharks.

BTW, Kwara United also beat Kano Pillars by the same margin.
'

Oh ok, this goal drought should stop soon oo sad
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by honeric01(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2010
ow11:

Abeg we need pix, hopefully you will post them on the naija league thread.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by jambya(m): 11:13pm On Nov 20, 2010
Is there still a league in Nigeria? anyway, I wish d viewers all d best. YWNA 4 life!
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by ow11(m): 6:20am On Nov 21, 2010
Some pics

Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by honeric01(m): 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2010
^^^^

Is this Liberation stadium? or does sharks have their own stadium now?
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by johndavid1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2010
undecided undecided undecided ah my team lost anyway better luck next time up Dolphin
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by semid4lyfe(m): 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^
Is this Liberation stadium? or does sharks have their own stadium now?

The match was played at the Sharks stadium which is their own stadium and home ground. Even from the picture above (with the proximity of the residential buildings), one can deduce it's not the Liberation Stadium.

http://www.sharks-fc.com/sharkspage.asp?id=8

STADIUM
Sharks football club is a proud owner of a ten thousand capacity stadium located in the centre of the city of Porthacourt. The arena is called SHARKS STADIUM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharks_Stadium

Sharks Stadium is a multi-use stadium in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Part of the Alfred Diete-Spiff Rivers State sports complex, it is used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of Sharks F.C,  The stadium has a capacity of 10,000 people.

Dolphins the other Port Harcourt club plays its home games at the bigger (25,000 capacity) Liberation stadium.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by honeric01(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2010
semid4lyfe:

The match was played at the Sharks stadium which is their own stadium and home ground. Even from the picture above (with the proximity of the residential buildings), one can deduce it's not the Liberation Stadium.

http://www.sharks-fc.com/sharkspage.asp?id=8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharks_Stadium
Dolphins the other Port Harcourt club plays its home games at the bigger (25,000 capacity) Liberation stadium.

See me oo, i use to think both clubs play on the same Liberation stadium, my bad, i am glad these 2 clubs have their won turf.

Meanwhile the 1st high goalscoring match of the tournament came up today 5:2 scoreline between Rangers Int’l FC vs. Ocean Boys FC
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by semid4lyfe(m): 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2010
honeric01:

See me oo, i use to think both clubs play on the same Liberation stadium, my bad, i am glad these 2 clubs have their won turf.

Lol. . . I'm impressed by the playing turf of the Sharks Stadium. It looks so green

Meanwhile the 1st high goalscoring match of the tournament came up today 5:2 scoreline between Rangers Int’l FC vs. Ocean Boys FC

That's good. . . 7 goals in one match. I was getting tired of the draws, 1-0, 2-1 victories et al

Did anyone get a brace or hat trick in the match?
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by honeric01(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Lol. . . I'm impressed by the playing turf of the Sharks Stadium. It looks so green

I am glad too, at least it means we have more stadium that can host league matches.

semid4lyfe:

That's good. . . 7 goals in one match. I was getting tired of the draws, 1-0, 2-1 victories et al

Did anyone get a brace or hat trick in the match?

Me too, i am not score of that, i will check
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by HOTsnow(m): 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2010
ogaoo!, SHARKS Vs DOLPHIN inside RIVERS, wat an aquatic fixture!, Papi water wil be d referee then! lmao cheesy
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by zionic(m): 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2010
PLEASE ANY 1, WHEN IS LIONS PLAYING CROCODILES?, undecided
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by Afam4eva(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2010
RANGERS for life!!!
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by semid4lyfe(m): 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2010
For highlights of the match between Sharks and Dolphins CLICK HERE
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by semid4lyfe(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2010
http://www.kickoff.com/news/18961/npl-chairman-davidson-owumi-awaits-on-report.php

NPL chairman Davidson Owumi awaits on report

NPL chairman Davidson Owumi says the board will wait to receive the official report of Saturday's Port Harcourt Derby before deciding on what step to take.

NPL Chairman Davidson Owunmi

There have been wide-spread reports of collusion between both teams after struggling Sharks emerged 1-0 winners from a tepid affair against high flying Dolphins.

Owumi was left unamused. "We do not want to see anything that will damage the integrity of the league," the NPL chairman said.

"We are waiting for the official match report, and if it indicates that there was any sign of foul play, we will not hesitate to take action.

"The board is doing its best to sanitise the League and present a product that will stand up to the highest possible scrutiny, and it is unacceptable for clubs to try to compromise the integrity of this competition."
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by semid4lyfe(m): 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2010
http://supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/101122/No_punishment_for_Sharks_Dolphin_Owumi

No punishment for Sharks, Dolphin - Owumi
by Sammy Wejinya 22 November 2010, 13:11

Chairman of the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) board, Davidson Owumi says no punishment will be meted out to either Sharks or Dolphin following their controversial game in Port Harcourt on Saturday.

Sharks won one-nil courtesy of a second half goal by Victor Ezeji but the result has been surrounded by a dark cloud following rumours of a sellout by Dolphin.

Both clubs are owned by the same sponsor, the Rivers State Government, a direct violation of Fifa Club Licensing Regulations which clearly states that a single natural or legal entity is prohibited from direct or indirect ownership of multiple clubs, in the same competition.

Owumi, ostensibly ignorant of the regulations said he did not believe the game was fixed.

“Is it because both clubs are owned by the same sponsor? I don’t buy the story that the game was fixed because any team can have a bad day and I believe that was the case with Dolphin on Saturday,” Owumi told SuperSport.com.

Asked whether any of the clubs would be sanctioned if found guilty of collusion and bringing the game into disrepute, Owumi, a former Sharks player was non committal in his response.

“I think we should let sleeping dogs lie. The game has been played and the result will stand.

Also we have yet to receive the match reports from the officials, match commissioners and assessors who were at the game. Once that is done, we will speak at length about this,” he said.

Sharks have jumped up to 9th on the log after the controversial win against Dolphin while the hitherto unbeaten Dolphin lost their place at the top of the table and dropped five places.

Stanley Eguma’s men who are now 6th on the table next travel to the Mamman Kontagora Stadium, Minna for a potential skin against 12th place Niger Tornadoes on November 2

See our NPL Chairman o shocked

If he's yet to receive the match report from the match officials, commissioners and assessors, why is he ruling out an "accord game''? undecided

Talking about contradiction, na im be this.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by semid4lyfe(m): 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2010
In related news. . . . . . . .

http://www.kickoff.com/news/18948/port-harcourt-disgrace-ruins-3sc-party.php

Port Harcourt disgrace ruins 3SC party

[b]Shooting Stars and Gombe United moved to the summit of the Nigeria Premier League after stretching their unbeaten record to three games, but the weekend was soured by an accord game between Sharks and Dolphins.

[/b]Even the result of the week where Rangers posted the biggest win of the season so far, hammering Ocean Boys by 5 goals to 2 did little to remove the sour taste left by the disgrace of the Port Harcourt Derby.

Raheem Owolabi and Chima Akas scored for 3SC as they claimed a valuable three points that kept them unbeaten, and to the top of the standings on 7 points.

Five other clubs are also unbeaten, but Gombe United are the only ones level on points with 3SC, and only occupy second place on goals scored.

MacMarcel Obioha scored the winner for the Desert Scorpions on the stroke of full-time.

The other four are Warri Wolves, who fought back from two goals down to earn a 2-2 draw at home to Samson Siasia's Heartland, with Ehiosu Ekigho enhancing his reputation by scoring twice for the hosts to take his tally to three goals in three.

Kaduna United are also undefeated on five points, their 2-1 win over Crown enough to secure the win.

Sharks also dragged themselves away from trouble on the back of a disgraceful accord game with Dolphins which was settled by Victor Ezeji's 64th minute strike, after which both teams stopped trying and spent the next half hour playing 'set'.

Plateau United look very early candidates for relegation after losing their second home game on the spin, to Sunshine Stars. Akombo Ukeyima was the hero for the Stars, who came within seconds of upsetting 3SC in Ibadan on the opening day of the season.

Newcomers JUTH hold one of the five unbeaten records of the season, but three draws in three is not quite a cheering statistic. Their latest stalemate came against Niger Tornadoes.

And former champions Kano Pillars were shot down 1-0 by Kwara United. Isiaka Olawale scored the winner from a controversial spotkick five minutes into stoppage time.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by tck2000(m): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
ugh
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Sharks Vs Dolphins On Saturday Nov 20 @ 4PM by tck2000(m): 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Andy Ruiz Jr Va Anthony Joshua Rematch Time And Channel / Nairaland Basketball Fantasy League / Who Do You Think Will Win The Glo Nigeria Premier League 2013/2014 Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.