Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

When God Is Silent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Is Silent (176 Views)

Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' / What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When God Is Silent by MhizVee(f): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Oh No! What's happening? I hear God everyday, he speaks to me through sounds, dreams, my thoughts but that is all gone now. Where did I go wrong? This is the usual place I meet with the holy spirit? Oh no why am I not feeling his presence now?
If this is happening to you right now, I think there are several reasons why?

1. Sin

Sin deprives us of a lot of things, it deprives us of fellowship, communication.

When sin is found in us, we can't hear God expressly.

The scriptures in Isaiah 59:1 says that "Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear"

Isaiah 59:2 "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear".

I think this verse explains it.

2. God moves, he doesn't change

Just because scriptures talk about a God that does not change does not mean God is static. God is not static, he moves, the nature of God has not changed, no it hasn't.

The dimensions through which he relates to us is what changes, there is more to God than what you know irrespective of what dimension or depth you must have touched or experience in God.

Do not get use to the status quo, do not remain where God was.

Maybe you are even praying for the "old time revival" and God his saying I have nothing to do with old things, I make all things new, but because you are used to the status quo, you refuse to move.

3. When you are a good talker and not a good listener

often times we keep asking, talking, engaging God in long conversations when you are suppose to be listening. If you keep talking all the time, when God speaks, you wont hear. Scripture says "be swift to hear and slow to speak" There are times when you need to be still in the presence of God. "Be still and know that he is God".

4. When you are here and God is there

Most times we get use to the status quo, by status quo I mean we get use to the way we hear God, we get use to that particular depth in God we are experiencing, were as God has moved from here to there.

You feel God is silent because God is speaking from there and not here, how can you hear when you are here and not there. That's why in Revelation, there was an admonition to "come up hither", to move from here to there.

5. We are being examined

It is permitted for every christian to be tested or examined, at this point in time, God is always silent, he wants to see how you will respond, how you will level up.

Heaven was silent, when Jesus was nailed to the cross, but at the end of the examination, he passed with an A, more than an A.

Oftentimes, when the going gets tough and its like nothing is working out, God is working out something bigger and greater.

Did you not notice that the time you had challenges and it seemed like you won't survive it, you survived it and there was an "open door". Paul said in the scriptures "A great door has been opened unto me, but there are many adversaries"

The adversaries are the challenges we face before coming out as gold.

Jesus overcame, we will. Amen

6. Veiled

God is sometimes silent when we mingle with the wrong people. Some persons are projected into one's life by the devil and they represent veil, you just realize that your spiritual senses goes dimmer.

Let's take a look at Abraham, God instructed Abraham to leave his father's house, he was not instructed to take Lot along, but he did.

God didn't speak to Abraham throughout Lot's stay with him. God had to intervene, a fight came up and they separated, it was after the separation God started speaking to Abraham.

7. Putting fleece on God

I am not saying putting fleece on God is totally wrong, I think it keeps God silent. Let say you put a fleece on God concerning his will in marriage, and you say "if she is the one, let her wear a purple dress" what if she had the intention of putting on a purple dress before you put your fleece.

We are led by the spirit of God, let him guide you. The scripture says "Jesus is the way, the truth and the life"

Putting fleece on God I think demeans God's ability to speak to us, it prevents the original intention of God from being known. Having our preconceived notion prevents us from hearing God. Watch out for my next post.
For more of this follow me on Mervicksblog

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Rocket Science Is Inspired By The Bible / How To Defeat People Who Hate You For Nothing / Establish Shari‘ah Courts In South-West - Muslims Tell Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.