Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. (5840 Views)

Why Is Sowore Always Attacking Peter Obi? / Why Is Sowore Not Getting The Kind Of Favour And Fame Peter Obi Is Getting? / 16 Qualities That Make Omoyele Sowore An Exceptional Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Osaze007: 2:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
thatigboman:
which yoruba? ilajes are ijaw

Even the name Ilaje is Yoruba
He’s from a border town like most border town they are influenced by their neighbors

Just how the Yorubas Jebba of kwara is influenced by Nupe

1 Like

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Kapilta(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I can't believe an igbo guy would deny Azikwe Jonagod just to win a chest beating argument. cheesy
shey you see that melezenawi is the most stubborn in-law i have here grin. Sowore an apoi Ijaw have yoruba name 'Omoyele' same way Goodluck Jonathan an Ijaw have Azikiwe an ibo name buh now they are denying him because they want to spite Yoruba as usual. Very confused lots.

I stumbled upon a thread where sowore actually disocciate himself from Yoruba and made it known that he is purely Ijaw before the revolution stuff, you've got to see the comments from ibos praising him for disocciating himself from cowards and all. Now they are here roping him among yorubas again just to have a word or two to say about yorubas.

Whoeve take my in-laws seriously must be checked in a psychiatric hospital grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by DCmonster: 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2019
Sowore is neither ijawman nor a Yoruba man. Sowore is a foolishman.
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by DamiBukola: 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2019
charliboy654:
He is an illaje from ondo state. Their language is similar to yoruba and itsekiri.
He is an Ijaw man from Kiribo. Stop attaching your self to the man because he is popular.
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by myobjective: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
AirFireEarthH20:

We Yorubas have disowned him because he's Ijaw. A true Omoluabi would not want to protest against PMB no matter what because we are the number 2 man in this administration. Osinbajo is our own, let only Igbos protest because they are the only people suffering ever since the looters are no longer in power. Any SW person that want to behave like Igbos, PMB should give them the Sowore treatment

This is bullshit any Yoruba can protest any government irrespective of who is in power. We omoluabis don't follow the crowd mentality, we have our individual mindset.

Sowere is a Yoruba man
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:
This is similar to how they insult Yorubas on voting in Buhari whenever government policies are not favourable, but only to turn back and claim it was actually the North that voted in Buhari whenever election is around the corner or whatever they want to suckup to the North.

I am often dumb-founded by their character

They are just not honourable people. A honourable man has consistent views, hinged on strong principles, he subscribes to today and will still subscribe to tomorrow. Buhari is terribly corrupt today, to attack and mock the North/Moslems, and tomorrow, to mock Yorubas, Buhari is alienating Osinbajo because he is intolerant of the corrupt ways of the VP. How can someone you claim to be the master of corruption suddenly grow intolerant of corruption?

It is Igbos the social media abuse bill will snare the most. Walahi. They are worst in the whole universe at tarnishing the image and reputation of others with outright lies, outlandish fabrications and devilish propaganda. Imagine saying Buhari died abroad and has been replaced by a Sudanese named Jubrin Al Sudani?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by amkedi1: 6:10am On Jul 31, 2020
Of course Omoyele Sowore is an IJAW,Born an Apoi in KIRIBOU town ese odo lga ondo state.For those yorubas who like to argue about his being an Ijaw, below are questions for you to ponder on to clear your doubts
[color=#006600][/color]1.What does KIRIBOU mean in Yoruba
2.What part of the Yoruba geneology is Apoi
I3.Is KALA-SUWO the traditional title of the Paramount Ruler of Apoi a Yoruba word ?
4.Does OBOROWEI the Diety of the Apois Sound Yoruba
5.How about BOU-ABUH the festival of the Apois
6.Below are the towns / villages of the Apois does anyone of them sound or have any meaning in Yoruba language or the above names about Sowore's Clan,town,deity,traditional title or Festival have any meaning remotely or suggestively in Yoruba ?
IGBEKEBO, OBORO, UGBO-OTU, UGBO-BINI,OJU-ALA, SAIBOMO, ENEKOROGHA, UKPEKE.
leave you to make your deductions but if you doubt me, Google the word Apoi and make your informed conclusion.
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by MetaPhysical: 6:13am On Jul 31, 2020
Tranquillity360:
I have read comments of people accusing yorubas of abandoning and denying Sowore.

I have also see comments of some people claiming Sowore is an Ijaw man.

I want to know If Sowore is truly an Ijaw man,because to my best of knowledge,Sowore is from ondo state,and ondo is yoruba state.

When he is in trouble he is Yoruba and Yoruba must save him.....but when doing good he is Ijaw and Yoruba must hand off. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Tranquillity360: 6:25am On Jul 31, 2020
MetaPhysical:

When he is in trouble he is Yoruba and Yoruba must save him.....but when doing good he is Ijaw and Yoruba must hand off. grin grin grin
No rather when he is doing good he was yorubas but when he was arrested,Yorubas denied him.

Saying he should rot in jail for trying to pull down their brother(Osibanjo)government.

1 Like

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by MetaPhysical: 6:42am On Jul 31, 2020
Tranquillity360:
No rather when he is doing good he was yorubas but when he was arrested,Yorubas denied him.

Saying he should rot in jail for trying to pull down their brother(Osibanjo)government.

grin grin

Chew on this ...

Sowore's Arrest Illegal, Charges Against Him Not criminal -Yinka Odumakin
http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/24/sowores-arrest-illegal-charges-against-him-not-criminal-yinka-odumakin%C2%A0

*Adeyanju claims APC government sympathizers offered him N1m to cancel the rally
http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/12/breaking-freesowore-protest-dss-fires-gunshots-journalists

Don't Take Nigerians Back To Military Era, Free Sowore -Gani Adams Tells President Buhari
http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/06/dont-take-nigerians-back-military-era-free-sowore-gani-adams-tells-president-buhari

2 Likes

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Tranquillity360: 6:49am On Jul 31, 2020
MetaPhysical:

grin grin

Chew on this ...

http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/24/sowores-arrest-illegal-charges-against-him-not-criminal-yinka-odumakin%C2%A0

*Adeyanju claims APC government sympathizers offered him N1m to cancel the rally
http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/12/breaking-freesowore-protest-dss-fires-gunshots-journalists

Don't Take Nigerians Back To Military Era, Free Sowore -Gani Adams Tells President Buhari
http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/06/dont-take-nigerians-back-military-era-free-sowore-gani-adams-tells-president-buhari
Does this change the opinions of millions Yorubas that said he is an Ijaw man trying to destroy their Hausafulanis/yoruba government
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by MetaPhysical: 7:25am On Jul 31, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Does this change the opinions of millions Yorubas that said he is an Ijaw man trying to destroy their Hausafulanis/yoruba government

Yes it does!
Thats just few samples...I could supply over 100 verifiable and factual coverages in which Yorubas support and even rally for him.

Are you able to produce one Ijaw rally to free Sowore? grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by SaintBeehot(m): 7:51am On Jul 31, 2020
MetaPhysical:

grin grin

Chew on this ...

Bro you no see people argue with again, you shouldn't be arguing with this mentally disabled nyamiris. If I may ask, how many Ijaw people join the revolution now protest, Or was Falana who was under life threat all through also an Igbo man This people are too dumb.

4 Likes

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by MetaPhysical: 8:17am On Jul 31, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Bro you no see people argue with again, you shouldn't be arguing with this mentally disabled nyamiris. If I may ask, how many Ijaw people join the revolution now protest, Or was Falana who was under life threat all through also an Igbo man This people are too dumb.

grin grin
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Hellraiser77: 8:22am On Jul 31, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Why did Yoruba abandon their brother when he needed them most?
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by DIGIMARKETER(m): 8:25am On Jul 31, 2020
Midas01:
How is asking for his tribe "ignorance"??
Some of you just take this wokeness thing to new stupid levels.

Ignorance is lack of knowledge towards something. for example i am ignorant of ijaw states, can mean i don't know anything about ijaw states.

Any Nigerian that talks tribe or state of origin is ignorant of the fact that as long as Ngeria exists we are Nigerians and nothing more. if you want to travel to another country you tender a Nigerian passport not a Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa Passport.

if one of your parent is igbo and the other Yoruba and then you marry a white person, please tell me where will your child come from in terms of tribe or ethnicity?
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by SaintBeehot(m): 8:25am On Jul 31, 2020
Hellraiser77:
when?? Just like Ojuwku did to your 3million brothers. But you just claimed him. Well Sowore is being stupid for calling for a revolution, because we all it's impossible especially in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Hellraiser77: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2020
SaintBeehot:
when?? Just like Ojuwku did to your 3million brothers. But you just claimed him. Well Sowore is being stupid for calling for a revolution, because we all it's impossible especially in Nigeria.
Why are Yoruba always abandoning their brothers, especially Activists, Look at the case of MKO...The northerners poisoned him to death and no single consequence....why are Yoruba people that way
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by SaintBeehot(m): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Why are Yoruba always abandoning their brothers, especially Activists, Look at the case of MKO...The northerners poisoned him to death and no single consequence....why are Yoruba people that way
Answer my question, just like Ojuwku did to your 3million brothers

1 Like

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Hellraiser77: 8:49am On Jul 31, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Answer my question, just like Ojuwku did to your 3million brothers
When Nnamdi Kanu was incaserated,even though he wasn't very popular among igbos.....their was an uproar Nationwide leading to his release......why did yoruba abandon a noble man like sowore to his fate?.....its pitiful
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by lx3as(m): 8:51am On Jul 31, 2020
amkedi1:
Of course Omoyele Sowore is an IJAW,Born an Apoi in KIRIBOU town ese odo lga ondo state.For those yorubas who like to argue about his being an Ijaw, below are questions for you to ponder on to clear your doubts
[color=#006600][/color]1.What does KIRIBOU mean in Yoruba
2.What part of the Yoruba geneology is Apoi
I3.Is KALA-SUWO the traditional title of the Paramount Ruler of Apoi a Yoruba word ?
4.Does OBOROWEI the Diety of the Apois Sound Yoruba
5.How about BOU-ABUH the festival of the Apois
6.Below are the towns / villages of the Apois does anyone of them sound or have any meaning in Yoruba language or the above names about Sowore's Clan,town,deity,traditional title or Festival have any meaning remotely or suggestively in Yoruba ?
IGBEKEBO, OBORO, UGBO-OTU, UGBO-BINI,OJU-ALA, SAIBOMO, ENEKOROGHA, UKPEKE.
leave you to make your deductions but if you doubt me, Google the word Apoi and make your informed conclusion.

This is a poor submission...I've never seen any Yoruba claiming Sowore. What made you believe Ugbó/Igbó (bush) or Oju-ala (boundary) or Sabomi (where to fetch water) are not Yoruba words or dialects?

It's a known fact to Yorubas of Ondo State that the Apoi, whom Sowore, Agboola Àjàyí(Ondo Dep Gov), etc belong to, migrated earlier from present Bayelsa state to their new place in Ondo State years ago and assimilation as Yorubas just like Olùkùmi Yorubas did in Delta north.
Arogbo Ijaw group later came from mainly Delta to settle in the same Ese Odo LGA, they are mainly bilingual now (Yoruba and Arogbo Ijaw languages) unlike their Apoi neighbours who already lost their former language and only have Yoruba names and traditions safe for some cultural heritage.
So, Sowore can call himself anything he likes, Yoruba or Ijaw; it's not for us to decide for him.
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by lx3as(m): 9:12am On Jul 31, 2020
Hellraiser77:

Your tribe is known for wailing and emotions, bro!

So, keep wailing or you read what your man wrote here, you'll understand Yorubas better.

Joe Igbokwe says it raw!

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993
Presidential Election won by their illustrious
son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June
23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB?
Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife
Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos
in the morning of Jun 4 1996?
Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that
historic election was poisoned on July 7
1998?
Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed
Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as
President in 1999?
Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan
when IBB made him to head the interim
government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and
Shonekan because this unique race has never
been slaves to public office and yet they have
remained number one in Nigeria in almost
everything. This is wisdom and strategic
thinking at work.
Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for
years should not only learn how to wear Aso
Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe,
music.
We must have also learned other unique
things from them like sharing property to both
male and female children, religious tolerance,
ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from
generation to generation. Do you know that
APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed
Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that
former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian?
We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too
can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home,
business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship,
etc.
A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice
Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian
Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4
Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons
on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while
preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have
followed the reactions on the internety and
Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have
been speaking but not preaching hate. They
have called for the culprits to be fished out,
prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice
Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been
let loose. There would have been abuses and
abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is
civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope
our people can learn from this. Civility is not a
sign of weakness. He who fights and run
away lives to fight another day.
When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet
for five years despite been the most vocal in
an effort to make him president, Yorubas
didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse
anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful &
civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using
their PVC. Today the most active VP since the
independence & most likely, the next president
of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3
ministries & referred to as prime minister in
some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance,
Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight
for relevance in multi faceted country like
Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.
To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to
hear, to hear is not to understand, to
understand is not to put to practice. I know
that writing this may not get me many friends
among the Igbo, but it always gets me the
right ones"
- Joe Igbokwe
CULLED from Osezele Isaiah FB post
https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?
story_fbid=2083237495293128&id=10000820693732
%2As-R
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Hellraiser77: 9:16am On Jul 31, 2020
lx3as:

Your tribe is known for wailing and emotions, bro!

So, keep wailing!

Joe Igbokwe says it raw!

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993
Presidential Election won by their illustrious
son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June
23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB?
Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife
Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos
in the morning of Jun 4 1996?
Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that
historic election was poisoned on July 7
1998?
Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed
Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as
President in 1999?
Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan
when IBB made him to head the interim
government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and
Shonekan because this unique race has never
been slaves to public office and yet they have
remained number one in Nigeria in almost
everything. This is wisdom and strategic
thinking at work.
Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for
years should not only learn how to wear Aso
Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe,
music.
We must have also learned other unique
things from them like sharing property to both
male and female children, religious tolerance,
ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from
generation to generation. Do you know that
APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed
Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that
former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian?
We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too
can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home,
business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship,
etc.
A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice
Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian
Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4
Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons
on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while
preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have
followed the reactions on the internety and
Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have
been speaking but not preaching hate. They
have called for the culprits to be fished out,
prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice
Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been
let loose. There would have been abuses and
abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is
civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope
our people can learn from this. Civility is not a
sign of weakness. He who fights and run
away lives to fight another day.
When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet
for five years despite been the most vocal in
an effort to make him president, Yorubas
didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse
anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful &
civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using
their PVC. Today the most active VP since the
independence & most likely, the next president
of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3
ministries & referred to as prime minister in
some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance,
Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight
for relevance in multi faceted country like
Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.
To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to
hear, to hear is not to understand, to
understand is not to put to practice. I know
that writing this may not get me many friends
among the Igbo, but it always gets me the
right ones"
- Joe Igbokwe
CULLED from Osezele Isaiah FB post
https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?
story_fbid=2083237495293128&id=10000820693732
%2As-R
Yorubas need to wake up and grow some balls, no matter how small.......Stop fearing this Hausa/Fulani oligarchy they bleed like other human beings, Stand up to them.....call them out on Thier bullshit
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by lx3as(m): 9:20am On Jul 31, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Yorubas need to wake up and grow some balls, no matter how small.......Stop fearing this Hausa/Fulani oligarchy they bleed like other human beings, Stand up to them.....call them out on Thier bullshit

They don't get balls but they beat you people blue black during the civil war.

Being diplomatic and tactical is not cowardice. Life is not all about being brutish!

1 Like

Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Hellraiser77: 9:24am On Jul 31, 2020
lx3as:

You wish, Nigerian Army is now Yoruba army? grin......yoruba can only dream of defeating Igbos in an open engagement......We all know how it will end grin
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Hellraiser77: 9:26am On Jul 31, 2020
lx3as:

Being diplomatic and tactical is not cowardice.
if fight find you come house and you are still being diplomatic then it's cowardice grin....Babangida himself said he ll never take any war threat from yoruba people serious
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by lx3as(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2020
Hellraiser77:
You wish, Nigerian Army is now Yoruba army? grin......yoruba can only dream of defeating Igbos in an open engagement......We all know how it will end grin

And your greatest expeditions during the war were led by Yorubaman called Banjo...gri
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Hellraiser77: 9:30am On Jul 31, 2020
lx3as:

And your greatest expeditions during the war were led by Yorubaman called Banjo...gri
We gave him balls grin......there were far more successful missions than the one he lead though undecided
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by lx3as(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2020
Hellraiser77:
if fight find you come house and you are still being diplomatic then it's cowardice grin....Babangida himself said he ll never take any war threat from yoruba people serious

Can you please share the document where Babangida said that? You people are so emotional that you only believe in beer parlour's tales and you mock yourselves on public forums all over the world.

Una no dey tired for lies?
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by hajimosho(m): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2020
kiss
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by Tranquillity360: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hellraiser77:
grin
Re: Is Sowore An Ijaw Man Or A Yoruba. by SaintBeehot(m): 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hellraiser77:
When Nnamdi Kanu was incaserated,even though he wasn't very popular among igbos.....their was an uproar Nationwide leading to his release......why did yoruba abandon a noble man like sowore to his fate?.....its pitiful
Anwser my question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists / INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC / The Life And Times Of Maryam Babangida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.